• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:35
CEST 14:35
KST 21:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6412 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 281

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 279 280 281 282 283 383 Next
IceBergZ
Profile Joined September 2012
Malaysia176 Posts
April 24 2013 15:29 GMT
#5601
anybody knows grubby ducky shine 2 tkl led what colour ?
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
April 24 2013 16:11 GMT
#5602
On April 24 2013 17:13 phodacbiet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2013 12:21 Son of Gnome wrote:
On April 23 2013 12:15 Absurd Bunny wrote:
I've decided to buy a leopold from elitekeyboards.com, but i don't know whether to get black switches or reds. I have a blue das keyboard, but it's too loud for playing at night and i've always wanted to try one of those switches. I've tried the blacks and reds before, but I don't really know which one to get. The blacks feel nice to me, but if the reds are as good as people say, then i would buy them instead. I'm leaning more on buying the blacks, but are they as bad as people say they are, are the reds better? Also, do the blacks make a louder noise than the reds?


This is all my opinion so take it with a grain of salt. Reds are possibly more quiet than blacks simply because the force you need to register on black switch is higher than that of a red switch. They are both fairly similar if you touch type in terms of noise if you bottom out though I would assume that the blacks would be louder just because there is more force behind them. I personally HATE cherry blacks and would tell you go with cherry reds. I own keyboards with all the major types of switches and blacks are by far my least favorite but that's just my opinion.


Red and blacks are both equally quiet imo. Reds are easier to press so if you are a keybaord smasher then i guess it would make it louder. But id get the reds over the black because its easier to press and does generally feels better to type/use


Also not all boards sound the same. Depending on whether its PCB or plate mounted has an effect, as well as the casing.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
Joxx
Profile Joined June 2011
France82 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-24 19:15:27
April 24 2013 19:14 GMT
#5603
Grubby uses blue LED (I think)
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
April 25 2013 01:33 GMT
#5604
That QFR stealth with MX Browns is tempting at $90.... Hmmm...
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
WonDeRSC
Profile Joined June 2011
United States234 Posts
April 25 2013 03:37 GMT
#5605
How does the ducky shine 2 compare with the leopold?
Which has better quality?
Aquila-
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
516 Posts
April 25 2013 16:47 GMT
#5606
I have decided that I want a Quickfire Rapid with Cherry Mx Blue switches in german keyboard layout. Does anyone know if that even exists and if so where to get it? I have searched a lot but cannot find it.
screamingpalm
Profile Joined October 2011
United States1527 Posts
April 25 2013 19:55 GMT
#5607
Is there any reason besides LED color to get a Ducky Shine 2 over the less expensive Zibal 60? Build quality seems comparable, review scores about the same...
MMT University is coming! http://www.mmtuniversity.org/
DERPDERP
Profile Joined October 2010
Kyrgyzstan189 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-25 20:33:38
April 25 2013 20:32 GMT
#5608
On April 26 2013 04:55 screamingpalm wrote:
Is there any reason besides LED color to get a Ducky Shine 2 over the less expensive Zibal 60? Build quality seems comparable, review scores about the same...


How much does a zibal 60 exactly costs because what I gather you'd get a topre or a filco for the same price. Obviously said boards don't have lighting if that is a necessity.
8)
screamingpalm
Profile Joined October 2011
United States1527 Posts
April 25 2013 20:40 GMT
#5609
On April 26 2013 05:32 DERPDERP wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2013 04:55 screamingpalm wrote:
Is there any reason besides LED color to get a Ducky Shine 2 over the less expensive Zibal 60? Build quality seems comparable, review scores about the same...


How much does a zibal 60 exactly costs because what I gather you'd get a topre or a filco for the same price. Obviously said boards don't have lighting if that is a necessity.


Yeah, true... I mean for the price you could probably end up with a better quality keyboard. Comparing backlit though, was going by reviews like this one:


Either way, with the Zibal 60 retailing for between £30-40 less than the Ducky, with both sporting great build quality and similar features, the only real benefit we can see that the Ducky holds is its slightly crazy backlighting. That said, the Zibal 60 can also cycle between different illuminated key sets, including WASD meaning that the Ducky's premium is probably not worth paying.


http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/peripherals/2012/10/29/ducky-dk9008-shine-2-review/1
MMT University is coming! http://www.mmtuniversity.org/
pStar
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
996 Posts
April 25 2013 21:55 GMT
#5610
Waiting on my Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition.

Got it at 90% off thanks to the glitch on their store a while ago. It's blue switches so looking forward to compare it to my browns.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
April 26 2013 06:16 GMT
#5611
On April 26 2013 05:40 screamingpalm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2013 05:32 DERPDERP wrote:
On April 26 2013 04:55 screamingpalm wrote:
Is there any reason besides LED color to get a Ducky Shine 2 over the less expensive Zibal 60? Build quality seems comparable, review scores about the same...


How much does a zibal 60 exactly costs because what I gather you'd get a topre or a filco for the same price. Obviously said boards don't have lighting if that is a necessity.


Yeah, true... I mean for the price you could probably end up with a better quality keyboard. Comparing backlit though, was going by reviews like this one:

Show nested quote +

Either way, with the Zibal 60 retailing for between £30-40 less than the Ducky, with both sporting great build quality and similar features, the only real benefit we can see that the Ducky holds is its slightly crazy backlighting. That said, the Zibal 60 can also cycle between different illuminated key sets, including WASD meaning that the Ducky's premium is probably not worth paying.


http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/peripherals/2012/10/29/ducky-dk9008-shine-2-review/1


95% of reviews for keyboards are fucking useless, that one included.

Pretty sure the Zibal 60 has problems, have a look at newegg feedback and you see the keys wear off very quickly. Duckys keys are decent quality.

So unless the Zibal cheaper than the Ducky by enough to get you a set of keycaps then get the Ducky.
RtS-Schism
Profile Joined August 2010
United States25 Posts
April 26 2013 13:51 GMT
#5612
On April 21 2013 19:12 kinsky wrote:
hi guys,

any opinions about this baby

Leopold FC500R Keyboard

available for about 100€ with brown switches and with/without "stealth mode"...or should I pick the zowie celeritas over this keyboard?!

thx in advance.


Used the board for 6-12 months in 2012.

The board itself is good for gaming.

I tried to replace it with a Das with browns and I was much more comfortable with the Leopold and switched back after one game.

The only negative feedback I would have is that the first Leopold I received, I had to ship back for a replacement because you can detach the USB that goes in to the board. There was a connectivity issue and it was causing my board to disconnect in game at random.

The replacement board was fine.
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-26 14:10:17
April 26 2013 14:10 GMT
#5613
^I got the TKL version of that keyboard and can also recommend it wholeheartedly. Really solid keyboard, nice feel. No real complaints from me.
LTY
Profile Joined November 2012
United States223 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-26 14:30:37
April 26 2013 14:21 GMT
#5614
cant believe i just noticed this thread -__________-
i'll have to start saving up money for that sexy tenkeyless keyboards even though i'm going to move to dorm soon.
But question, is website like elitekeyboards or mechinalicalkeyboars.com safe?
Known as Miso or LTY
DERPDERP
Profile Joined October 2010
Kyrgyzstan189 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-26 14:37:49
April 26 2013 14:35 GMT
#5615
On April 26 2013 23:21 LTY wrote:
cant believe i just noticed this thread -__________-
i'll have to start saving up money for that sexy tenkeyless keyboards even though i'm going to move to dorm soon.
But question, is website like elitekeyboards or mechinalicalkeyboars.com safe?


Both r legit
8)
screamingpalm
Profile Joined October 2011
United States1527 Posts
April 26 2013 19:18 GMT
#5616
On April 26 2013 15:16 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2013 05:40 screamingpalm wrote:
On April 26 2013 05:32 DERPDERP wrote:
On April 26 2013 04:55 screamingpalm wrote:
Is there any reason besides LED color to get a Ducky Shine 2 over the less expensive Zibal 60? Build quality seems comparable, review scores about the same...


How much does a zibal 60 exactly costs because what I gather you'd get a topre or a filco for the same price. Obviously said boards don't have lighting if that is a necessity.


Yeah, true... I mean for the price you could probably end up with a better quality keyboard. Comparing backlit though, was going by reviews like this one:


Either way, with the Zibal 60 retailing for between £30-40 less than the Ducky, with both sporting great build quality and similar features, the only real benefit we can see that the Ducky holds is its slightly crazy backlighting. That said, the Zibal 60 can also cycle between different illuminated key sets, including WASD meaning that the Ducky's premium is probably not worth paying.


http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/peripherals/2012/10/29/ducky-dk9008-shine-2-review/1


95% of reviews for keyboards are fucking useless, that one included.

Pretty sure the Zibal 60 has problems, have a look at newegg feedback and you see the keys wear off very quickly. Duckys keys are decent quality.

So unless the Zibal cheaper than the Ducky by enough to get you a set of keycaps then get the Ducky.


Thanks, just the info I needed. Am thinking about picking up a backlit, so info like that is useful. I should research user reviews more before I decide. All I know is I like black keys and NKRO (pretty happy with my SteelSeries kb) so that helps narrow it down some.
MMT University is coming! http://www.mmtuniversity.org/
paingas
Profile Joined April 2013
France3 Posts
April 26 2013 20:50 GMT
#5617
Hi, i want to buy a mechanical keyboard for sc2 and i don't know what is the best for sc2.
Qpad mk-80 blue switches, Logitech g710+ brown switches or Qpad mk-85 red switches?
Sorry for my english, i'm french ^^.

Bye
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-26 21:13:05
April 26 2013 21:07 GMT
#5618
On April 25 2013 00:29 IceBergZ wrote:
anybody knows grubby ducky shine 2 tkl led what colour ?

Either blue or white. It's hard to say when you are using a webcam to show it. I've taken pictures where my white LEDs on my Ducky Shine 2 look like they are blue. Although I'd say to go for either, I think they're both solid colors in my opinion Rather a trivial issue if that's all you need to decide on.

On April 26 2013 23:21 LTY wrote:
cant believe i just noticed this thread -__________-
i'll have to start saving up money for that sexy tenkeyless keyboards even though i'm going to move to dorm soon.
But question, is website like elitekeyboards or mechinalicalkeyboars.com safe?

Both are safe sites to use. Seeing as how you reside in the US and are saving up money, if you're on a budget I'd personally go for the CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid. Cheap and high build quality, as well as TKL (tenkeyless).

On April 27 2013 04:18 screamingpalm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2013 15:16 Blaec wrote:
On April 26 2013 05:40 screamingpalm wrote:
On April 26 2013 05:32 DERPDERP wrote:
On April 26 2013 04:55 screamingpalm wrote:
Is there any reason besides LED color to get a Ducky Shine 2 over the less expensive Zibal 60? Build quality seems comparable, review scores about the same...


How much does a zibal 60 exactly costs because what I gather you'd get a topre or a filco for the same price. Obviously said boards don't have lighting if that is a necessity.


Yeah, true... I mean for the price you could probably end up with a better quality keyboard. Comparing backlit though, was going by reviews like this one:


Either way, with the Zibal 60 retailing for between £30-40 less than the Ducky, with both sporting great build quality and similar features, the only real benefit we can see that the Ducky holds is its slightly crazy backlighting. That said, the Zibal 60 can also cycle between different illuminated key sets, including WASD meaning that the Ducky's premium is probably not worth paying.


http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/peripherals/2012/10/29/ducky-dk9008-shine-2-review/1


95% of reviews for keyboards are fucking useless, that one included.

Pretty sure the Zibal 60 has problems, have a look at newegg feedback and you see the keys wear off very quickly. Duckys keys are decent quality.

So unless the Zibal cheaper than the Ducky by enough to get you a set of keycaps then get the Ducky.


Thanks, just the info I needed. Am thinking about picking up a backlit, so info like that is useful. I should research user reviews more before I decide. All I know is I like black keys and NKRO (pretty happy with my SteelSeries kb) so that helps narrow it down some.

What situation would you need NRKO? I'm just curious. Anyways the Zibal's backlighting is not as great as Ducky's, so another pro that the Ducky has over it especially if you're putting backlighting as a factor when you look for keyboards. As mentioned also keycaps are an issue, which I think a lot of people overlook when looking at keyboards. Especially when it comes to backlit keyboards.

On April 27 2013 05:50 paingas wrote:
Hi, i want to buy a mechanical keyboard for sc2 and i don't know what is the best for sc2.
Qpad mk-80 blue switches, Logitech g710+ brown switches or Qpad mk-85 red switches?
Sorry for my english, i'm french ^^.

Bye

Are those the only ones available to you or the ones you're primarily looking at? Personally I'd go for the Logitech if I'm looking at the prices right. Although I'm not sure which sites you're looking at when seeing these keyboards.
paingas
Profile Joined April 2013
France3 Posts
April 26 2013 21:17 GMT
#5619


Are those the only ones available to you or the ones you're primarily looking at? Personally I'd go for the Logitech if I'm looking at the prices right. Although I'm not sure which sites you're looking at when seeing these keyboards.


They are the only ones available to me (with the corsair k60/k90).
The price of Mk-80 is 70€ ; Mk-85: 95€ and g710+: 100€

thanks
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
April 26 2013 22:26 GMT
#5620
Really? That doesn't seem right, but I'll take your word for it. All of the MK-80s and 85s I see are the pro version which cost nearly double the Logitech. Anyways.. if I remember right iOne was in charge of the production for the MK-80, I'm not sure about the MK-85, but I'm willing to bet it's the same as well. On a safer buy I'd purchase the more expensive Logitech keyboard, but I'm not sure how picky you are about spending your money. iOne has had a terrible history of making sub-par keyboards, and I wouldn't really want to recommend you keyboards made by them. That's just my opinion, I think you should wait for other people to chime in on this and see if they agree (or disagree) with me.
Prev 1 279 280 281 282 283 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings243
SHIN 153
CranKy Ducklings SOOP48
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 422
ByuN 354
SHIN 153
Railgan 48
MindelVK 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 71934
Calm 11052
Rain 2456
Bisu 1523
FanTaSy 806
Shuttle 575
soO 558
Stork 543
Rush 274
Soma 241
[ Show more ]
firebathero 209
Snow 207
Last 177
Light 102
Mind 94
Pusan 75
ToSsGirL 51
Sharp 49
Killer 46
hero 42
Bale 40
Free 39
sorry 36
Trap 36
Mong 30
Hm[arnc] 27
Aegong 26
zelot 22
yabsab 16
HiyA 14
Sacsri 13
Shine 12
Noble 12
Sexy 11
IntoTheRainbow 9
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9010
Dendi627
Counter-Strike
fl0m1636
byalli864
x6flipin381
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Other Games
gofns33954
singsing2280
B2W.Neo599
Pyrionflax249
Trikslyr31
Chillindude10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 92
• Gemini_19 13
• Dystopia_ 4
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV525
League of Legends
• Jankos3045
• Nemesis1719
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1270
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 25m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 25m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 25m
OSC
10h 25m
Replay Cast
10h 25m
OSC
23h 25m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.