• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:57
CEST 00:57
KST 07:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)20Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10016 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 246

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 244 245 246 247 248 653 Next
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
December 16 2012 23:54 GMT
#4901
On December 17 2012 08:47 Medrea wrote:
Well in most tower configurations the motherboard is placed vertical anyway so the GPU lives its entire life hanging like that.

Yes, but the pull from bumps and sudden breaking is significantly greater than when it's being stationary in your room.
twitch.tv/cratonz
terriBean
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada75 Posts
December 17 2012 08:27 GMT
#4902
Can anyone explain to me why SC2 streams at 60fps look smoother than my actual gameplay? I get over 120fps+ when playing SC2 but it looks just as smooth as when someone streams their game at 30fps. Basically, why does a 60fps sc2 stream look more smooth than my actual gameplay?
Sigmur
Profile Joined August 2010
Poland497 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-17 12:03:45
December 17 2012 11:21 GMT
#4903
Hello. I just bought Gigabyte z77-d3h motherboard and 16 gb of corsair ddr3 ram (cmz16gx3m2a1600c9).
I have a question if I will be able to dual channel my memory on this board, because on the GB site my memory is not listed on a supported QVL list?
I installed the components, but my psu, case and hard drive are yet to arrive - so I cannot check myself.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-17 12:07:17
December 17 2012 12:00 GMT
#4904
On December 17 2012 17:27 terriBean wrote:
Can anyone explain to me why SC2 streams at 60fps look smoother than my actual gameplay? I get over 120fps+ when playing SC2 but it looks just as smooth as when someone streams their game at 30fps. Basically, why does a 60fps sc2 stream look more smooth than my actual gameplay?


A stream at 60fps will try to capture the screen every 16.67ms, whereas your game running wont have the luxury of having perfectly spaced out frames (and its difficult to display anyway due to monitor limitations). Its common to have etc a 10ms gap between frame 2 and 3, and then a 20ms gap between frames 3 and 4. There's also the issue with input lag, which is invisible when watching a stream, but felt a great deal when actually playing in many situations.

You might also have lower FPS without realizing it, for example i have some ~300-320fps early game, but only ~25fps minimums in later game PvZ.

Its particularly noticed and much much worse with a multi-GPU setup
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
December 17 2012 12:06 GMT
#4905
On December 17 2012 20:21 Sigmur wrote:
Hello. I just bought Gigabyte z77-d3h motherboard and 16 gb of corsair ddr3 ram (cmz16gx3m2a1600c9).
I have a question if I will be able to dual channel my memory on this board, because on the GB site my memory is not listed on a supported QVL list?
I installed the components, but my psu, case and hard drive are yet to arrive - so I cannot check myself.


You should be able to run dual channel on it without issues AFAIK
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
FairDestroyer
Profile Joined January 2011
United States50 Posts
December 17 2012 16:17 GMT
#4906
Thanks for responses and help regarding the issue of the bent cpu pins. I was able to straighten them all but was unsuccessful to get my computer to re-boot. I'm not really sure what the issue could be as I'm not very knowledgeable with the inner workings of a computer. So maybe you guys can point me in the right direction to purchase a new tower? I'm looking to spend around $450. I found this on newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883256039
I would use the computer to do some work things( AutoCAD, Illustrator, Sketchup) {im an architect} and don't really care about running games on high quality. I only really play LOL and WOT right now with the occasional SC2.

Also, I need to get all the info from my existing harddrive onto this new computer so If anyone could link a video tutorial that would be most appreciated.
"I am turned into a sort of machine for observing facts and grinding out conclusions." Darwin
n0ise
Profile Joined April 2010
3452 Posts
December 17 2012 18:48 GMT
#4907
Would you get 3-year warranty on a i5 3570k, yes/no/why? ($215 without, $265 with)
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
December 17 2012 18:52 GMT
#4908
Intel already provides a three year warranty so you would just be throwing away money to deal with Best Buy or Newegg instead of Intel for the duration of the period...
n0ise
Profile Joined April 2010
3452 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-17 18:59:00
December 17 2012 18:57 GMT
#4909
There is no warranty with Intel, the question is how it reads

Would you (based on your decisions to OC, upgrade cycle, experience with the chip, experience with other cpus, etc) pay ~$50 for a 3-year warranty on an i5 3570k (from $215 to $265) and why?
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
December 17 2012 19:30 GMT
#4910
Considering how I'm from Canada and a retail 3570k is $215... no.

We obviously don't have the context needed to make such a decision for you. Why is there no warranty to begin with? What is the price of a retail 3570k? Condition of the processor? and so on.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
December 17 2012 19:36 GMT
#4911
On December 18 2012 01:17 FairDestroyer wrote:
Thanks for responses and help regarding the issue of the bent cpu pins. I was able to straighten them all but was unsuccessful to get my computer to re-boot. I'm not really sure what the issue could be as I'm not very knowledgeable with the inner workings of a computer. So maybe you guys can point me in the right direction to purchase a new tower? I'm looking to spend around $450. I found this on newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883256039
I would use the computer to do some work things( AutoCAD, Illustrator, Sketchup) {im an architect} and don't really care about running games on high quality. I only really play LOL and WOT right now with the occasional SC2.

Also, I need to get all the info from my existing harddrive onto this new computer so If anyone could link a video tutorial that would be most appreciated.


Copy/paste to another hard drive or literally just unplug the hard drive and plug it into the new system
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
n0ise
Profile Joined April 2010
3452 Posts
December 17 2012 19:48 GMT
#4912
On December 18 2012 04:30 skyR wrote:
Considering how I'm from Canada and a retail 3570k is $215... no.

We obviously don't have the context needed to make such a decision for you. Why is there no warranty to begin with? What is the price of a retail 3570k? Condition of the processor? and so on.


The price of a retail 3570k is $265, the processor is new. I'm not asking for a detailed analysis, I'm asking how confident you would be in buying the chipset warranty-less for yourself, for $50 (assuming you kinda cared about the $50).

Would you if you'd OC? Would you not if you would not OC? Do you have experience with i5 ivy chips fucking up, or, on the other spectrum, it's unheard of for chips to fail randomly these days.

I was... 'out of the loop' for a few years, I'm used to getting warranty on my shit and I'm asking how important is, in people's experience, for CPU's.

English is not my native language, not sure how I can make it clearer.

Thanks anyhow!
Mithriel
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands2969 Posts
December 17 2012 20:30 GMT
#4913
If i buy the following laptop, will i be able to connect it to my TV through HDMI and watch starcraft 2 streams on my TV in 720p or 1080p without problems?

CPU: i5 3210M
SCREEN:1366*768 15.6" screen
MEM: 4gb ddr3
GFX: Intel HD graphics 4000
There is no shame in defeat so long as the spirit is unconquered. | Cheering for Maru, Innovation and MMA!
Alryk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2718 Posts
December 17 2012 20:43 GMT
#4914
On December 18 2012 05:30 Mithriel wrote:
If i buy the following laptop, will i be able to connect it to my TV through HDMI and watch starcraft 2 streams on my TV in 720p or 1080p without problems?

CPU: i5 3210M
SCREEN:1366*768 15.6" screen
MEM: 4gb ddr3
GFX: Intel HD graphics 4000


Well... does it have an HDMI port? That's all that really matters. I imagine so but not sure. Or VGA would also work but then you don't have speakers.
Team Liquid, IM, ViOlet!
Mithriel
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands2969 Posts
December 17 2012 21:31 GMT
#4915
On December 18 2012 05:43 Alryk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2012 05:30 Mithriel wrote:
If i buy the following laptop, will i be able to connect it to my TV through HDMI and watch starcraft 2 streams on my TV in 720p or 1080p without problems?

CPU: i5 3210M
SCREEN:1366*768 15.6" screen
MEM: 4gb ddr3
GFX: Intel HD graphics 4000


Well... does it have an HDMI port? That's all that really matters. I imagine so but not sure. Or VGA would also work but then you don't have speakers.


The Dell website does not mention it clearly, But i assume a brand New dell 15r has hdmi.

There is no shame in defeat so long as the spirit is unconquered. | Cheering for Maru, Innovation and MMA!
scanders
Profile Joined March 2011
20 Posts
December 17 2012 22:16 GMT
#4916
What is the best streaming application for windows 8. I have xsplit but does not support windows 8 at the moment does anyone know of a good one that is compatible with windows 8?
RiSkysc2
Profile Joined September 2011
696 Posts
December 17 2012 22:36 GMT
#4917
OBS supports some windows 8 functionality, go test it out, the developer is also working hard on getting game capture on it as well.
Alryk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2718 Posts
December 17 2012 22:36 GMT
#4918
On December 18 2012 07:16 scanders wrote:
What is the best streaming application for windows 8. I have xsplit but does not support windows 8 at the moment does anyone know of a good one that is compatible with windows 8?


Google open broadcast software and try that. And yes, an Inspiron 15R has HDMI.
Team Liquid, IM, ViOlet!
alQahira
Profile Joined June 2011
United States511 Posts
December 18 2012 04:01 GMT
#4919
Blizzard help! So a friend thinks his account was hacked. He hasn't tried to log on in two weeks, and when he did his password was wrong. Then he tried to do a password reset, but never got the email, so I guess someone hacked his account and then changed the email address linked to the account. But every method of contacting blizzard involves his email address. When he tried calling them, they detected his phone number (which hadn't been changed I guess) but then automatically sent a password reset (to the presumably hacked, now changed email). On the blizzard website https://us.battle.net/support/en/ all the solutions are circular and require him to put in his email address.

Any advice?
Alryk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2718 Posts
December 18 2012 04:24 GMT
#4920
On December 18 2012 13:01 alQahira wrote:
Blizzard help! So a friend thinks his account was hacked. He hasn't tried to log on in two weeks, and when he did his password was wrong. Then he tried to do a password reset, but never got the email, so I guess someone hacked his account and then changed the email address linked to the account. But every method of contacting blizzard involves his email address. When he tried calling them, they detected his phone number (which hadn't been changed I guess) but then automatically sent a password reset (to the presumably hacked, now changed email). On the blizzard website https://us.battle.net/support/en/ all the solutions are circular and require him to put in his email address.

Any advice?


Call blizzard and try and speak to a real person, not an automated service. They can probably set up some kind of reset with his phone. That would be my guess, I don't know if that's possible.
Team Liquid, IM, ViOlet!
Prev 1 244 245 246 247 248 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE169
Nina 104
Nathanias 65
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14156
Artosis 516
White-Ra 259
ToSsGirL 31
Dota 2
monkeys_forever458
NeuroSwarm164
League of Legends
Doublelift4222
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox980
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1869
Liquid`Hasu1333
Trikslyr69
Other Games
summit1g7440
Grubby3538
ArmadaUGS961
shahzam590
JimRising 339
C9.Mang0281
ZombieGrub60
Mew2King44
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV195
gamesdonequick113
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream106
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 62
• musti20045 37
• davetesta35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 36
• Azhi_Dahaki25
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1207
• imaqtpie1059
• Shiphtur259
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
11h 3m
OSC
14h 3m
Stellar Fest
14h 3m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.