• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:52
CEST 12:52
KST 19:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7447 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 245

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 243 244 245 246 247 653 Next
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
December 14 2012 23:42 GMT
#4881
i7 > A10
7730 > 7670

So it depends on the other things...
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-15 00:18:00
December 15 2012 00:17 GMT
#4882
Specifically whether the games are more CPU heavy or GPU heavy then? I shall ask what games.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
December 15 2012 00:30 GMT
#4883
That plus brand, price, other stuff?
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
December 15 2012 12:44 GMT
#4884
My monitor says HDReady, What does that even mean?

It has no HDMI port only VGA, is it HD with the VGA input or what?
Useless wet fish.
Rannasha
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Netherlands2398 Posts
December 15 2012 13:01 GMT
#4885
On December 15 2012 21:44 Capped wrote:
My monitor says HDReady, What does that even mean?

It has no HDMI port only VGA, is it HD with the VGA input or what?


HDReady is marketing babble for the fact that the screen supports the 1280x720 resolution. It says nothing about connections.
Such flammable little insects!
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
December 15 2012 15:50 GMT
#4886
On December 15 2012 22:01 Rannasha wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2012 21:44 Capped wrote:
My monitor says HDReady, What does that even mean?

It has no HDMI port only VGA, is it HD with the VGA input or what?


HDReady is marketing babble for the fact that the screen supports the 1280x720 resolution. It says nothing about connections.


Lol how silly. :-3

Good job i bought it for the response time, contrast rate and size eh.
Useless wet fish.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
December 15 2012 16:15 GMT
#4887
On December 16 2012 00:50 Capped wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2012 22:01 Rannasha wrote:
On December 15 2012 21:44 Capped wrote:
My monitor says HDReady, What does that even mean?

It has no HDMI port only VGA, is it HD with the VGA input or what?


HDReady is marketing babble for the fact that the screen supports the 1280x720 resolution. It says nothing about connections.


Lol how silly. :-3

Good job i bought it for the response time, contrast rate and size eh.


Hey at least the box doesn't say it's compatible with Symantec Norton. I've seen that one recently.
Rollin
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia1552 Posts
December 15 2012 17:26 GMT
#4888
On December 16 2012 01:15 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2012 00:50 Capped wrote:
On December 15 2012 22:01 Rannasha wrote:
On December 15 2012 21:44 Capped wrote:
My monitor says HDReady, What does that even mean?

It has no HDMI port only VGA, is it HD with the VGA input or what?


HDReady is marketing babble for the fact that the screen supports the 1280x720 resolution. It says nothing about connections.


Lol how silly. :-3

Good job i bought it for the response time, contrast rate and size eh.


Hey at least the box doesn't say it's compatible with Symantec Norton. I've seen that one recently.

My sides...

Seriously, that's actually ridiculous.
Throw off those chains of reason, and your prison disappears. | Check your posting frequency timeline: http://www.teamliquid.net/mytlnet/post_activity_img.php
Az0r_au
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia385 Posts
December 15 2012 23:19 GMT
#4889
Hey guys, so I'm new to streaming and one of the games I stream is extremely CPU intensive (even more than sc2) I can stream 720p but when I get slight pauses during intense combat which I believe is my CPU being overtaxed. My question is would a capture card help alleviate this or does it borrow from the CPU to do its computations?
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-15 23:48:03
December 15 2012 23:27 GMT
#4890
Your CPU still has to do the encoding, a capture card only does the capturing. It still helps out a lot.

EDIT Haha just found this on my HWMonitor.

[image loading]

Wonder what happened lol.

Using my CPU to fire up a laser with those 1200W.

INTEL TERRIBLE OVERCLOCKERS PROOF.
twitch.tv/medrea
TheRabidDeer
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States3806 Posts
December 16 2012 01:28 GMT
#4891
So I just got a printserver so that we dont have to use a computer as the "host" that always needs to be on. When I was setting it up I was having a difficult time, then eventually got it to connect and print the test page. Then it disappeared and hasnt worked. I have no damned clue why.

It is a generic brand USB LPR print server and we are using a WNDR3700 router.

I can ping it and access its online management page but the router doesnt show the printserver as a wired device on the router management. This seems strange since it has to be working on the network for me to be able to access the printservers online management, no?
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
December 16 2012 02:19 GMT
#4892
On December 16 2012 10:28 TheRabidDeer wrote:
So I just got a printserver so that we dont have to use a computer as the "host" that always needs to be on. When I was setting it up I was having a difficult time, then eventually got it to connect and print the test page. Then it disappeared and hasnt worked. I have no damned clue why.

It is a generic brand USB LPR print server and we are using a WNDR3700 router.

I can ping it and access its online management page but the router doesnt show the printserver as a wired device on the router management. This seems strange since it has to be working on the network for me to be able to access the printservers online management, no?


I've never used one of those USB dealys, what I can tell you is that there's there's already issues with printing from something like a Server 2008 R2 or Samba platform, let alone a cheap USB device. I have my doubts about how well ones of those actually works. This is why print server and printing in general is the major pain in the ass of all IT administrators.

That being said, the reason the device still has an IP is likely because the DHCP server on your router is set to an 8 day expiration by default. Meaning even if the DHCP server can't see it, the device still thinks it has full rights to that IP. Just because the router's DHCP server service can't see the device, doesn't necessarily mean the networking side of things can't; which is why you can still send packets to it.

Now, if you can ping the device, you should be able to print to it directly using an IP port--assuming you have the correct driver and the driver is compatible with the device. If you can ping it but not print to it, it means the device is probably just crap (technical term, I know) and you should just go out and buy a printer with an integrated wifi nic instead of wasting money on network to USB adapters that rarely work as advertised.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
TheRabidDeer
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States3806 Posts
December 16 2012 03:17 GMT
#4893
The USB device is really only printer drivers, but we got it to work. Apparently windows 7 has LPR monitoring disabled by default, so you have to enable that.
Maluk
Profile Joined August 2011
France987 Posts
December 16 2012 09:28 GMT
#4894
The jack port of my computer is starting to deteriorate ; I hear little cracklings and it doesn't seem to come from my headphones. So I would like to buy a sound card in order to connect my jack heaphones, which I like very much, to a usb port (yes, all the jack ports of my computer have become useless one by one t.t).

I have two questions : first, which sound card would you recommend ? I'm not audiophile or anything like that ; I just happen to have a Sennheiser HD 449 and to like the sound I get from it, so a soundcard that is good enough for that kind of headphones is enough. I have no idea about how much a good soundcard costs and no real idea of a budget, but I imagine I would like to put something like 50-60 euros in a soundcard - tell me if this is unreasonably high or low ;o.

Second, are there technical manipulations required to make an usb soundcard work, or is it simple or even automaticly dealed with by the computer ? I'm not that gosu when it comes to computers and I also tend to be a bit unlucky (my jack ports are an example q.q) so if getting an usb sound card to work is complicated I'll have to just buy usb headphones directly.

Thank you for your responses !
Ata
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada356 Posts
December 16 2012 14:57 GMT
#4895
Hello guys,
I will be moving my computer with a car and I was wondering if taking out the GPU and putting the computer face down. (to help against bumps pressuring the cpu cooler down/up away from the cpu) would be enough.
Thanks in advance.
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
December 16 2012 16:05 GMT
#4896
If everything is screwed in well then the burden is really on the screws in the first place.
twitch.tv/medrea
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
December 16 2012 16:31 GMT
#4897
On December 16 2012 23:57 Ata wrote:
Hello guys,
I will be moving my computer with a car and I was wondering if taking out the GPU and putting the computer face down. (to help against bumps pressuring the cpu cooler down/up away from the cpu) would be enough.
Thanks in advance.

When I was in college, I moved my case back and forth a dozen times. Most of the time I would keep the heatsink face up (so the case was laying down on the side the motherboard was fastened to), but a few times I transported it upright. I never had an issue.


I have a very heavy heatsink (764g):

[image loading]
twitch.tv/cratonz
Hoon
Profile Joined December 2010
Brazil891 Posts
December 16 2012 20:51 GMT
#4898
Is nonwoven a good antistatic material?
Can I wrap electronics in it?
SEn Fanclub: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=170834
Ata
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada356 Posts
December 16 2012 23:31 GMT
#4899
On December 17 2012 01:05 Medrea wrote:
If everything is screwed in well then the burden is really on the screws in the first place.


Well, when it comes to something like the GPU, then one of the corners is in the air and the other corner is held by the motherboard. But i guess I am being a lil too crazy.

On December 17 2012 01:31 Craton wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2012 23:57 Ata wrote:
Hello guys,
I will be moving my computer with a car and I was wondering if taking out the GPU and putting the computer face down. (to help against bumps pressuring the cpu cooler down/up away from the cpu) would be enough.
Thanks in advance.

When I was in college, I moved my case back and forth a dozen times. Most of the time I would keep the heatsink face up (so the case was laying down on the side the motherboard was fastened to), but a few times I transported it upright. I never had an issue.


I have a very heavy heatsink (764g):

[image loading]


Thats what I meant as well but I am bad at explaining. Good to hear.

Thanks guys.
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
December 16 2012 23:47 GMT
#4900
Well in most tower configurations the motherboard is placed vertical anyway so the GPU lives its entire life hanging like that.
twitch.tv/medrea
Prev 1 243 244 245 246 247 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings34
CranKy Ducklings SOOP13
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech122
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 2724
Bisu 1107
Jaedong 697
Horang2 657
Hyuk 487
BeSt 471
actioN 277
Light 257
firebathero 238
Zeus 206
[ Show more ]
Stork 169
Leta 140
EffOrt 126
Sexy 107
Soma 98
Last 97
ZerO 84
Soulkey 84
Pusan 67
Rush 58
Killer 46
ggaemo 43
Mong 39
Mind 36
Aegong 33
Shinee 33
soO 30
hero 30
ToSsGirL 24
Bale 21
Terrorterran 19
sorry 17
PianO 16
Sharp 15
Mini 15
Yoon 12
NaDa 11
Free 10
HiyA 10
JulyZerg 9
Noble 7
Shine 3
ajuk12(nOOB) 3
Dota 2
Fuzer 100
League of Legends
Reynor50
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1467
shoxiejesuss758
x6flipin204
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King155
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1934
crisheroes451
Other Games
gofns34890
singsing1840
XBOCT307
DeMusliM196
Livibee109
ArmadaUGS93
QueenE47
B2W.Neo26
ZerO(Twitch)9
Liquid`LucifroN1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream312
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH310
• LUISG 38
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2276
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 8m
Stellar Fest
2h 8m
OSC
13h 8m
Stellar Fest
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 23h
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.