• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:54
CEST 10:54
KST 17:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8203 users

Ustream tutorial - HD Video, Game sound, and Mic - Page 16

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 20 Next All
.kv
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2332 Posts
December 06 2010 11:10 GMT
#301
I keep getting lag when I'm trying to stream either Starcraft or GSL for those who can't view it

Here's my comp: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834157113

[image loading]
IcebOLt
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1 Post
December 06 2010 23:54 GMT
#302
On November 01 2010 19:20 Klesky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2010 00:00 StillRooney wrote:
On October 30 2010 22:16 Klesky wrote:
Go into your VHscr capture or whatever it is, and make sure you check 'track screen' in the capture options. Turn off 'track mouse' as well. Turn off 'optimize whole screen capture.' While you're at it. Otherwise you'll experience seemingly random spurts of 0.7 fps.
Change your FME FPS to 20, and then on ustream, change it to 20. This will allow your precious 500kbps to go into quality rather than more frames. At the very least, make the two frame rates correspond.

Thanks for the help, unfortunately the issue remains, only now it only captures the very upper left corner of the screen very zoomed in instead of following the cursor. What I changed:
Changed all framerates to 20.
Checked "Track screen"
Unchecked "Track mouse"
Unchecked "Optimize screen capture"

Current setting, including VHRscrCap:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Any more ideas? This is incredibly frustrating since I'm unsure what half the settings do


If you open VHCapture you should be able to see a preview window, if that preview window shows only the top left, your problem lies with the VHScr Capture driver.

If you look in adobe FME, look at both the output and input, if only the output is the top left, but the input is the entire image, then it's FME. Bear in mind that, those preview windows in FME have scroll bars, or you can scale it with the drop down box above the preview window in FME.

If it's only on ustream that the top-left part of the screen is showing, then it must be ustream, so.
Tell me where the problem's at, because I can't tell from your settings, they seem fine.

Was this ever fixed cuz I have the SAME problem.. . .=o
Rayven
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom81 Posts
December 08 2010 14:15 GMT
#303
My screen is always HUGE, and I have no idea why. My resolution isn't available in any of the dropdowns (1440x900). Even if I change my resolution though the screen is just massive. Any help please?
On December 01 2010 03:16 FenneK wrote: Well...NaDa won Dreamhack, FoxeR won the GSL 2, Jinro won MLG Dallas, and my personal favourites otherwise are DeMusliM (for his great style of play) and qxc (for his brilliant constant harass).
yourwhiteshadow
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States442 Posts
December 09 2010 02:41 GMT
#304
hey guys, i'm trying to get back to answering questions and stuff, and i have some new exciting stuff to share with you all. will be making a video soon.
Technical Director, Si Media Production, simediapro.com
yolkjj
Profile Joined July 2010
United States19 Posts
December 11 2010 13:41 GMT
#305
I followed everything word by word but...some reason my UStream video isnt loading and when i look at the AFML it shows this bright ass pink bar around the box in the right nad the left side is just pink...can anyone help me figure this out plz?
Yield not to evils but attack all the more boldly
yolkjj
Profile Joined July 2010
United States19 Posts
December 11 2010 15:10 GMT
#306
ok i got it running but...i have no sound and the resolution of the Flash media encoder is alot bigger than my 1600x900...sol theres a giant black bare on the bottom and right side....theres no option for 1600x900 on the reso list...how would i fix this? and i have absolutely no sound =(
Yield not to evils but attack all the more boldly
Rayven
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom81 Posts
December 11 2010 21:17 GMT
#307
I've fixed the video problem (FPS is kinda shit, but am currently working on that) but I can't get in-game sound to work. My mic works fine, I have my stereo mix enabled but I'm not sure what I need to do from there really. Any help would be much appreciated.
On December 01 2010 03:16 FenneK wrote: Well...NaDa won Dreamhack, FoxeR won the GSL 2, Jinro won MLG Dallas, and my personal favourites otherwise are DeMusliM (for his great style of play) and qxc (for his brilliant constant harass).
CaiSter
Profile Joined April 2010
United States29 Posts
December 11 2010 21:25 GMT
#308
Why doesn't everyone just use xsplit beta?

it is a lot simpler to set up than FMLE and it does use as much resources.

xsplit still has HD resolution (max is 720p) and the ability to change bitrate and audio quality.
venerati
Profile Joined September 2010
United States35 Posts
December 12 2010 03:26 GMT
#309
@ lgoasklucyl
I would try to switch over to h.264 codec. When I did that it seemed to really pick up speed.

I do have my Own issue however. I have a pretty robust rig but I get terrible hiccups and all around crap streams. I use FMLE 3.1 on a windows 7 64bit system. The Specs are as follows
i7 @ 3.1ghz ish
12 gb of ram
SLI 8800gts
monitor sits @ 1920x1080
ISP@ 25mb down 5mb up

I use multicam for the feed into FLME. I have multicam bring the resolution down to 720 and feed that directly into FLME. FLME then puts out 720 @ 1000 kbps. I use the h.264 codec and have it in main @ 3.1 with 2 sec key frames. NO matter what i do as far as setting manipulation, resolution, kbps, level, input and output size OR frame rate, I still get hiccups in the stream every second or so.

My fps is @ 25, however I have attempted every fps practically, and I still get the same symptoms. I took a system monitor and watched my cpu load and i never touched 80% even with sc2 running and streaming. So I am currently at a loss. Hell i even made sure VHcap and all that jazz was lined up per white shadow's instructions.

needless to say I'm kind of at the end of said leash. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheStarcraftNation
yourwhiteshadow
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States442 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-12 07:55:41
December 12 2010 07:51 GMT
#310
On December 12 2010 06:25 CaiSter wrote:
Why doesn't everyone just use xsplit beta?

it is a lot simpler to set up than FMLE and it does use as much resources.

xsplit still has HD resolution (max is 720p) and the ability to change bitrate and audio quality.


because its a beta, i was excited about using it and was streaming our schools CSL...FAIL kept stopping randomly in the middle of a broadcast. apparently its a known issue and they are fixing it, until then i wouldn't suggest using it, but it is pretty damn awesome. also, xsplit beta does use FMLE, that's why it uses the same resources... you just don't see FMLE running, but it is running i believe.

i'm gonna make another video in a bit, it'll be a quick tutorial, but i'll talk about some ways you can make your set up a little better.

On December 12 2010 12:26 venerati wrote:
@ lgoasklucyl
I would try to switch over to h.264 codec. When I did that it seemed to really pick up speed.

...

needless to say I'm kind of at the end of said leash. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.


oh boy. what FPS avg are you outputting in the FMLE console? 20 is a decent number. i'm afraid though that it might be your graphics card. if you're not outputting 25 FPS in SC2, you can't output 25 FPS to your stream. i think that is the main issue. if you are playing at 1080p on medium settings, you are probably going to run into issues, i'm not even sure an 8800 can handle it that well. try turning down your SC2 settings.
Technical Director, Si Media Production, simediapro.com
scottyyy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom796 Posts
December 12 2010 14:14 GMT
#311
On December 12 2010 16:51 yourwhiteshadow wrote:

i'm gonna make another video in a bit, it'll be a quick tutorial, but i'll talk about some ways you can make your set up a little better.
.


Interested to see this. More tutorials the better.
crfty
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States174 Posts
December 12 2010 21:56 GMT
#312
Quick question for everyone.

When I try to open the XML file in FME, it says that it is not a valid FME profile.

Any help?
scottyyy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom796 Posts
December 12 2010 23:42 GMT
#313
On December 13 2010 06:56 RobPG wrote:
Quick question for everyone.

When I try to open the XML file in FME, it says that it is not a valid FME profile.

Any help?


You don't need to open it dood. Just open the XML, grab the stream info and paste it into the boxes in FME.
crfty
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States174 Posts
December 12 2010 23:47 GMT
#314
Oh, herp derp.

Thanks scott.
Rampant
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1 Post
December 13 2010 03:37 GMT
#315
Is there an equivalent to VHcapture for Mac? I've been looking around and haven't been able to find anything to feed FMLE yet.
yourwhiteshadow
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States442 Posts
December 13 2010 04:19 GMT
#316
On December 13 2010 08:42 scottyyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2010 06:56 RobPG wrote:
Quick question for everyone.

When I try to open the XML file in FME, it says that it is not a valid FME profile.

Any help?


You don't need to open it dood. Just open the XML, grab the stream info and paste it into the boxes in FME.


he means open the .xml file in wordpad/notepad. you'll see a section [stream]YOUR STREAM INFO HERE[/stream]

you want "YOUR STREAM INFO" ...that's in the tutorial first page. did you watch the video?
Technical Director, Si Media Production, simediapro.com
rS.Sinatra
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada785 Posts
December 13 2010 06:45 GMT
#317
for some reason i can't get my audio to work... when i open the adobe flash media live thing... there is no device for me to select audio from.. why is this? how do i fix it? this is pissing me off.. i have searched alot of places and cannot seem to find the answer anywhere...
www.rsgaming.com
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
December 13 2010 07:50 GMT
#318
So there's been no mention of this in the thread, but I'm curious if any FMLE + UStream users are having the issue where their system will just hang, which generates no entry in the error log.

I'm somewhat to the point where I believe its related to VLC because I can't seem to think of a time where I froze and VLC wasn't also open. I streamed Saturday for something like 10 hours without a hitch (WoW), but froze later with a media stream open in VLC, having never turned FMLE off in the process. Other days I'll have VLC streams up for entire nights without an issues. The amount of stuff running in the background, the amount of time since the last reboot, affinities, priorities, etc. don't seem to affect the freezing, at all. I'd kill for a way just to generate an error message and figure it out =/. I've run most of the normal hardware testers (memtest, prime86, various HDD programs) and haven't had any problems. I also simply don't crash or freeze up doing anything else, but I crash *all the time* with FMLE (plus maybe VLC, although I don't have a 100% causal link there yet -- I plan to try and narrow this down in the near future if I can.)

In any event, I'm curious to hear from people freezing like this even if you don't use VLC. It's very frustrating.
twitch.tv/cratonz
venerati
Profile Joined September 2010
United States35 Posts
December 13 2010 15:50 GMT
#319
@ white shadow.
I am getting 21 average fps out @ 720. The thing that i notice how ever, is that the bit rates spike on the output. I am not sure if this is normal, but I feel that this might have something to do with the issue. While in game with FLME running I avg 40 fps. this kind of hiccup and lag spike would be VERY noticeable in game. I have slammed down the resolution and the settings and even switched out the card to a Nvidia GTX 275. none of which makes a damn bit of difference. Also I can stream 720 camera feeds all day with not a single issue. So bandwidth would be out of the question.

Lol idk, I will continue battling this hooker and will get back with any solutions. Thanks for the input!
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheStarcraftNation
ToastieNL
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands845 Posts
December 13 2010 16:00 GMT
#320
Im having a MSI gx720 laptop where I play SC2 on with medium to high graphics. It runs without problems.

Can I handle streaming with it?

kind regards
Zerg lategame is imbalanced as shit. Also: "Protoss is really strong recently. Perhaps, it's time for there to be some changes for Terran." -MMA. Even MMA asks for buffs. Srsly Blizzard. Srsly.
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1181
GuemChi 631
Hyun 494
firebathero 416
BeSt 328
Leta 216
Soma 192
Mong 147
Hyuk 139
Shine 99
[ Show more ]
PianO 63
Hm[arnc] 57
910 49
sSak 47
Bale 24
ZergMaN 23
yabsab 21
HiyA 19
Shinee 18
Noble 13
Sharp 5
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1273
shoxiejesuss785
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King344
Other Games
summit1g8582
gofns5025
ceh9634
JimRising 439
KnowMe137
Trikslyr32
Pyrionflax2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick445
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos794
• Stunt418
Other Games
• Shiphtur431
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 7m
Patches Events
7h 7m
The PondCast
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 2h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.