• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:08
CEST 15:08
KST 22:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8508 users

Geoff 'iNcontroL' Robinson has passed away - Page 62

Forum Index > SC2 General
1345 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 68 Next
From iNcontroL’s Twitter:

To offer some solace in this time of grief: We've learned that Geoff passed quickly and painlessly from a blood clot in his lungs. He was with friends. He always urged and led us by example to take care of ourselves to the best of our ability. Remember to do that for him today.
AirbladeOrange
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2574 Posts
April 17 2021 18:11 GMT
#1221
This loss still weighs on me and I never even met the man. I'm very grateful for all the knowledge he shared and the laughs he gave.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46478 Posts
April 17 2021 19:30 GMT
#1222
Still miss you, Geoff.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
404AlphaSquad
Profile Joined October 2011
839 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-04-18 22:54:51
April 18 2021 22:54 GMT
#1223
Every time this thread gets bumped, it is bittersweet. I am reminded of his passing, but at the same time, grateful people remember and think of him.
aka Kalevi
Doublemint
Profile Joined July 2011
Austria8760 Posts
April 18 2021 23:12 GMT
#1224
he was professional way before it was cool to be professional. but so damn casually and naturally which is extremely rare, which underpinned his massive talent and work ethic.

the cast with 2gd...stuff of legend. and countless others on HSC, IEM, DH...

<3
Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before the fall.
lJTJPl
Profile Joined December 2020
28 Posts
April 19 2021 04:59 GMT
#1225
yeah this is truly shocking, he you know, truly was a staple to the broodwar community in the early days, and kept his love up with his commentating and reporting and what not, hes missed to this day, he was one of us ya know... much love < General Solis Out >




~ Hail to clan x17 and anyone ever been in and outta the channel that knows about it, also hail to starcraft central where i came from.
lJTJPl
Profile Joined December 2020
28 Posts
April 19 2021 05:03 GMT
#1226
also man, fealt like this was kinda a good time to mention that, ive been diagnosed with a mental illness, pretty sure its from drugs, so just spreading the word to not do drugs, never do em, live a clean life, and people need to spread the messege for planet earth, because we may be going down hill if this persists, i'm on medication now, sadly for the rest of my life, but im just trying to live a normal life nowadays, i'm 32, i know im not alone, just be positive guys.
Cpt.beefy
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Ireland799 Posts
April 19 2021 07:18 GMT
#1227
On April 19 2021 14:03 lJTJPl wrote:
also man, fealt like this was kinda a good time to mention that, ive been diagnosed with a mental illness, pretty sure its from drugs, so just spreading the word to not do drugs, never do em, live a clean life, and people need to spread the messege for planet earth, because we may be going down hill if this persists, i'm on medication now, sadly for the rest of my life, but im just trying to live a normal life nowadays, i'm 32, i know im not alone, just be positive guys.


Look up Shawn stevenson, He is pioneering lifestyle changes for better mental and physical health, You can help yourself with research and a go get it attitude.

His books have really impacted my life for the better.
Our Beloved Geoff "inControl" Robinson.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27441 Posts
May 07 2021 10:56 GMT
#1228
On April 19 2021 14:03 lJTJPl wrote:
also man, fealt like this was kinda a good time to mention that, ive been diagnosed with a mental illness, pretty sure its from drugs, so just spreading the word to not do drugs, never do em, live a clean life, and people need to spread the messege for planet earth, because we may be going down hill if this persists, i'm on medication now, sadly for the rest of my life, but im just trying to live a normal life nowadays, i'm 32, i know im not alone, just be positive guys.

I skipped the recreational drugs part but I too will likely be on meds the rest of me life for a mental illness. It’s not so bad in the greater scheme of things, stay strong brother! PM if you fancy a friendly ear
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Pensaii
Profile Joined May 2021
1 Post
Last Edited: 2021-05-07 14:24:09
May 07 2021 13:42 GMT
#1229
On May 07 2021 19:56 WombaT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2021 14:03 lJTJPl wrote:
also man, fealt like this was kinda a good time to mention that, ive been diagnosed with a mental illness, pretty sure its from drugs, so just spreading the word to not do drugs, never do em, live a clean life, and people need to spread the messege for planet earth, because we may be going down hill if this persists, i'm on medication now, sadly for the rest of my life, but im just trying to live a normal life nowadays, i'm 32, i know im not alone, just be positive guys.

I skipped the recreational drugs part but I too will likely be on meds the rest of me life for a mental illness. It’s not so bad in the greater scheme of things, stay strong brother! PM if you fancy a friendly ear

Created an account just to chime in on this. I'm 27 and I was diagnosed with GAD, and depression around age 16. Only recently was I diagnosed with ADHD, GAD and depression are extremely common co-morbidities which is why ADHD flew under the radar. At this age is difficult to cope with the changes that come with that. You have to re-learn so much of your approach to life, and unlearn things too. I'll be on medication for the rest of my life just to be able to function somewhat close to a neurotypical persons baseline - but I'll never be able to function at that level truly. I spent from 18 - 26 unknowingly self medicating my undiagnosed ADHD with any kind of stimulant I could get my hands on, including research chemicals with unknown safety profiles.

The point is, there's always light at the end of the tunnel. Since medication, therapy, and lifestyle changes, coping with life has been easier, it's still difficult but it gets easier every day.

I echo the sentiment that seeing this thread pop up is bittersweet I first spoke with InControl at

Like others have said, my PM's are open.
Gescom
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada3516 Posts
May 07 2021 14:16 GMT
#1230
Much love to everyone, and to Geoff. <3
Jaedong Hyuk || Bisu Jangbi || Fantasy Flash
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
May 07 2021 14:31 GMT
#1231
On April 19 2021 07:54 404AlphaSquad wrote:
Every time this thread gets bumped, it is bittersweet. I am reminded of his passing, but at the same time, grateful people remember and think of him.


Yes. I hope this thread continues to get bumped, every now and then. I forget he died until I see this thread, then I get sad, and then I try to remember the good laughs and awesome SC2 memories. It's hard
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10959 Posts
May 07 2021 22:55 GMT
#1232



never forget but be happy about it.
ReachTheSky
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3294 Posts
May 10 2021 11:53 GMT
#1233
On May 08 2021 07:55 Velr wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwUAQi1J19E


never forget but be happy about it.


2GD should be doing stand up comedy, dude is hilarious. Best of both worlds ROFL
TL+ Member
ikmtgv
Profile Joined August 2012
United States24 Posts
May 11 2021 15:35 GMT
#1234
Geoff was one of the most impactful people in my life when I started playing Starcraft 2 end of 2010. At the time I was in absolute awe watching the pros play and the casters popping off. I got to go to MLG Dallas in 2012 and 2013 and I was so so excited to see the top pros play. But I was even more excited to meet anyone from EG, because I dreamed of being on that team with the likes of IdrA and ofc Jaedong later (I'm a Z main ). I remember seeing incontrol and IdrA just hanging out and talking and I was so nervous to say anything my dad had to literally push me to walk up to Geoff, but I knew at least he wouldn't tell me to fuck off LOL. He was truly such a kind person I'm crying as I type this. I think I mentioned I wanted to get idras signature (I think I was too scared to ask for a pic or he was busy Idek anymore) but was worried I'd annoy him, and Geoff laughed at walked me over to him and introduced me and I got him to sign my mousepad. The whole event was surreal to see and meet so many pros, but none of them stay in my mind like Geoff does. He was truly such a treasure of a person and it's so tragic that we lost him so early. I often forget he passed away until I see an old vod or more recently seeing ancient TL posts from him. I don't think there's enough recognition he could ever get that would do justice to such a wonderful human being. Sorry for the rambling, but I've been spending the past couple of weeks reading ancient Starcraft gamer lore and thinking about the past 10 years I've spent as an SC2 player. Without Geoff, I don't know if I'd still be playing to this day. [image loading]

Despite looking like a bit of a fool, this is the most meaningful picture I'll ever have, because it brings up a lifetime of emotions.

(I also met TotalBiscuit at this event and got a pic with him too but this is the Incontrol thread and I've cried enough writing this post)

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.
Jaedong | Destiny | Stephano | Innovation | HuK | Grubby | Flash | Polt | 일리예스 사토우리 |
AirbladeOrange
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2574 Posts
May 29 2021 19:41 GMT
#1235
On May 12 2021 00:35 ikmtgv wrote:
Geoff was one of the most impactful people in my life when I started playing Starcraft 2 end of 2010. At the time I was in absolute awe watching the pros play and the casters popping off. I got to go to MLG Dallas in 2012 and 2013 and I was so so excited to see the top pros play. But I was even more excited to meet anyone from EG, because I dreamed of being on that team with the likes of IdrA and ofc Jaedong later (I'm a Z main ). I remember seeing incontrol and IdrA just hanging out and talking and I was so nervous to say anything my dad had to literally push me to walk up to Geoff, but I knew at least he wouldn't tell me to fuck off LOL. He was truly such a kind person I'm crying as I type this. I think I mentioned I wanted to get idras signature (I think I was too scared to ask for a pic or he was busy Idek anymore) but was worried I'd annoy him, and Geoff laughed at walked me over to him and introduced me and I got him to sign my mousepad. The whole event was surreal to see and meet so many pros, but none of them stay in my mind like Geoff does. He was truly such a treasure of a person and it's so tragic that we lost him so early. I often forget he passed away until I see an old vod or more recently seeing ancient TL posts from him. I don't think there's enough recognition he could ever get that would do justice to such a wonderful human being. Sorry for the rambling, but I've been spending the past couple of weeks reading ancient Starcraft gamer lore and thinking about the past 10 years I've spent as an SC2 player. Without Geoff, I don't know if I'd still be playing to this day. [image loading]

Despite looking like a bit of a fool, this is the most meaningful picture I'll ever have, because it brings up a lifetime of emotions.

(I also met TotalBiscuit at this event and got a pic with him too but this is the Incontrol thread and I've cried enough writing this post)

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

I just wanted to take a minute to thank you for sharing the story, the picture, and your feelings. I don't think time heals all wounds, but it does help us put loss in perspective and allows us to focus on the positive and meaningful ways those we have lost impacted our lives. I think I'm now close to being at a point where thinking about Geoff actually brings up more positive emotions than negative ones, and I hope others are getting there as well.
dbrinker
Profile Joined May 2016
30 Posts
May 30 2021 06:28 GMT
#1236
On April 19 2021 14:03 lJTJPl wrote:
also man, fealt like this was kinda a good time to mention that, ive been diagnosed with a mental illness, pretty sure its from drugs, so just spreading the word to not do drugs, never do em, live a clean life, and people need to spread the messege for planet earth, because we may be going down hill if this persists, i'm on medication now, sadly for the rest of my life, but im just trying to live a normal life nowadays, i'm 32, i know im not alone, just be positive guys.

look dude I don't know you but if you are in the rts community I consider you family

this mentality is complete bullshit, just because some mother fucker with a college degree told you you were fucked up in the head irreparably does not make it true. I know a few people personally that have been at extreme lows and are now have everything they've ever wanted and then some.

In 2021 you can literally do in 5 years to your life what used to take a full lifetime due to the increased speed/digitalization of the world. Never believe you are less mentally capable than any other 32 year old walking this earth because it is a straight up lie right from the Pharma industry to sell you (hmm, if you live to see 80, ~576 more refills of your ((totally necessary, and any argument otherwise is 'insensitive')) probable SSRI inhibitors) I'm not saying the meds won't help or that you shouldn't take them. I'm saying mental health is fixable and you are not in any way tied to your past mistakes

rip Geoff
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
July 24 2021 06:02 GMT
#1237
Bumping for 2 years. RIP Geoff.
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
FataLe
Profile Joined November 2010
New Zealand4560 Posts
July 24 2021 07:10 GMT
#1238
rest in peace big guy
hi. big fan.
Purressure
Profile Joined July 2021
106 Posts
July 24 2021 09:30 GMT
#1239
I remember my goodbye to him on his obituary and every single word I said back then is still as strong today, I really miss him, a genuinely good human being who made everyone around him better.
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
July 24 2021 11:58 GMT
#1240
I still get very sad every time I remember that he's gone. It's one of those things that's never going to make sense, I think.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 68 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
SteadfastSC127
EnkiAlexander 11
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech136
SteadfastSC 127
Rex 70
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 50771
Bisu 2259
Horang2 1301
Hyuk 615
BeSt 480
EffOrt 428
Mini 398
Light 354
Soma 329
Larva 287
[ Show more ]
ZerO 185
Shuttle 152
Rush 138
Mong 93
Leta 89
Barracks 83
Snow 69
Pusan 63
ToSsGirL 50
Mind 47
Aegong 33
JYJ 28
Sexy 27
Bale 20
sorry 19
Terrorterran 12
Noble 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Icarus 8
Rock 4
Dota 2
Gorgc4742
XaKoH 401
Counter-Strike
Fnx 719
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1404
Khaldor1121
Lowko503
Other Games
gofns33041
singsing2033
olofmeister1271
B2W.Neo426
hiko402
Livibee194
Beastyqt114
Liquid`VortiX90
Mew2King75
ArmadaUGS69
ZerO(Twitch)11
djWHEAT9
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 258
ComeBackTV 182
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream140
StarCraft 2
TaKeTV 98
Other Games
BasetradeTV52
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH196
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 25
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 53m
CranKy Ducklings
20h 53m
Online Event
21h 53m
FEL
1d 2h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.