• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:21
CEST 14:21
KST 21:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8832 users

Geoff 'iNcontroL' Robinson has passed away - Page 64

Forum Index > SC2 General
1345 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 62 63 64 65 66 68 Next
From iNcontroL’s Twitter:

To offer some solace in this time of grief: We've learned that Geoff passed quickly and painlessly from a blood clot in his lungs. He was with friends. He always urged and led us by example to take care of ourselves to the best of our ability. Remember to do that for him today.
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19387 Posts
Last Edited: 2022-07-21 11:19:56
July 21 2022 11:15 GMT
#1261
I feel more connected with Geoff now, then ever before. I still use his voice in SC2 too.

On July 21 2022 19:41 digmouse wrote:
Offline events really, really doesn't ever feel the same without him and TB.

Agreed. I will never forget Geoff, TB, and (P)Violet.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46478 Posts
July 21 2022 11:17 GMT
#1262
Definitely never forgotten <3
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27441 Posts
July 21 2022 11:42 GMT
#1263
On July 21 2022 19:41 digmouse wrote:
Offline events really, really doesn't ever feel the same without him and TB.

That it doesn’t. I still feel privileged to have my life touched by two such fine gents, although sadly not for as long as we all would have wanted.

Rest in power Geoff and John
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Beelzebub1
Profile Joined May 2015
1005 Posts
July 21 2022 11:55 GMT
#1264
Never forgotten Geoff, we honor you like you honored us.
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
July 21 2022 13:30 GMT
#1265
3 years already. I still remember the Remastered Holiday Bash like it was last week, how much fun it was basically start to finish, in part because of his ability to just light up a room with laughter. That was pretty much everything with him. It wasn't just that he was funny. He was bright, and vibrant, and you could always tell the heart was there, for him and everyone he was with.

Still doesn't feel right. I know I'm basically nobody, but he's still missed.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
Schelim
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Austria11528 Posts
July 21 2022 14:34 GMT
#1266
RIP Geoff, miss ya.

on the day of his passing, I went to the local Warhammer store and bonded with the sales guy over how cool Geoff was and how much it sucked he passed. I had - and still have - zero clue about Warhammer and he didn't know anything about Starcraft but we felt connected via Incontrol. I randomly had the urge to talk to someone in person about this and the Warhammer store is what came to mind.
TY <3 Cure <3 Inno <3 Special <3
KameZerg
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Sweden1776 Posts
Last Edited: 2022-07-21 15:07:54
July 21 2022 15:05 GMT
#1267
Oh man he passed away, life is truly short. RIP!
asdasdasdasdasd123123123
Phattyasmo
Profile Joined October 2011
United States69 Posts
July 23 2022 23:10 GMT
#1268
A little late, but yes. Cheers! Here's to remembering a sweet, kind soul who was Geoff. I, too, have his voice forever telling me to build more depots and mine more minerals.

RIP Geoff, we love ya buddy.
WeddingEpisode
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States356 Posts
July 24 2022 02:39 GMT
#1269
LoL, he always put me on edge. Hilarious.
Still diamond
virpi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Germany3599 Posts
July 24 2022 16:26 GMT
#1270
On July 21 2022 20:15 BisuDagger wrote:
I feel more connected with Geoff now, then ever before. I still use his voice in SC2 too.

Show nested quote +
On July 21 2022 19:41 digmouse wrote:
Offline events really, really doesn't ever feel the same without him and TB.

Agreed. I will never forget Geoff, TB, and (P)Violet.

Damn... Violet. Haven't thought about him for years. Thanks for mentioning him, it's important that we don't forget him.
first we make expand, then we defense it.
ikmtgv
Profile Joined August 2012
United States24 Posts
May 06 2023 02:22 GMT
#1271
Was reminiscing in a chat about Geoff and feel compelled to bump this thread. The loss of InControl truly left an irreplaceable void in the Starcraft community, but I'm certain he'd be elated to see the efforts that continue to keep our scene alive even in the face of bleak conditions in the pro scene currently. We still miss you, Geoff. ❤️‍🩹


On May 12 2021 00:35 ikmtgv wrote:
Geoff was one of the most impactful people in my life when I started playing Starcraft 2 end of 2010. At the time I was in absolute awe watching the pros play and the casters popping off. I got to go to MLG Dallas in 2012 and 2013 and I was so so excited to see the top pros play. But I was even more excited to meet anyone from EG, because I dreamed of being on that team with the likes of IdrA and ofc Jaedong later (I'm a Z main ). I remember seeing incontrol and IdrA just hanging out and talking and I was so nervous to say anything my dad had to literally push me to walk up to Geoff, but I knew at least he wouldn't tell me to fuck off LOL. He was truly such a kind person I'm crying as I type this. I think I mentioned I wanted to get idras signature (I think I was too scared to ask for a pic or he was busy Idek anymore) but was worried I'd annoy him, and Geoff laughed at walked me over to him and introduced me and I got him to sign my mousepad. The whole event was surreal to see and meet so many pros, but none of them stay in my mind like Geoff does. He was truly such a treasure of a person and it's so tragic that we lost him so early. I often forget he passed away until I see an old vod or more recently seeing ancient TL posts from him. I don't think there's enough recognition he could ever get that would do justice to such a wonderful human being. Sorry for the rambling, but I've been spending the past couple of weeks reading ancient Starcraft gamer lore and thinking about the past 10 years I've spent as an SC2 player. Without Geoff, I don't know if I'd still be playing to this day. [image loading]

Despite looking like a bit of a fool, this is the most meaningful picture I'll ever have, because it brings up a lifetime of emotions.

(I also met TotalBiscuit at this event and got a pic with him too but this is the Incontrol thread and I've cried enough writing this post)

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Jaedong | Destiny | Stephano | Innovation | HuK | Grubby | Flash | Polt | 일리예스 사토우리 |
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
July 26 2023 05:59 GMT
#1272
BUMP - Apologies I'm a few days late this year, been dealing with a newborn.

RIP Geoff. 4 years ago but feels like forever.
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
July 26 2023 08:56 GMT
#1273
Only a few weeks ago I came across a thread on Reddit about people who passed away way too young, and Geoff was brought up, with a number of supporting comments. He had a big impact on a lot of people

RIP my man. You're missed everywhere
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
July 26 2023 10:18 GMT
#1274
On July 24 2019 12:02 Manifesto7 wrote:
If you want to do something tangible in his memory, you can donate a dog bed (or two) to his favorite charity. Would be nice to see that whole page sold out in his honor.

https://shelterbeds.org/index.php?route=events/events_view&event_id=176804&akey=9830


At the time, we bought out the whole store. If anyone wants to help continue his legacy, here is the link. Make sure you enter his name as the reason.

https://socalbulldogrescue.org/help-us/donate/
ModeratorGodfather
Liquid`Ret
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Netherlands4535 Posts
July 26 2023 10:44 GMT
#1275
Not a day goes by where I'll think of Geoff for a brief moment for whatever reason, usually something hilarious he said or that happend in the long past we shared together, or just the fact he isn't with us anymore when he should've been.

You are so missed Geoff.

Team Liquid
404AlphaSquad
Profile Joined October 2011
839 Posts
June 25 2024 01:54 GMT
#1276
I don’t know if this is a good reason to write in this thread, but I was just thinking about him again and how much he made me laugh. Then I am reminded and sad that he is no longer among us. It felt important to me to write this.
aka Kalevi
NoobSkills
Profile Joined August 2009
United States1603 Posts
June 25 2024 02:31 GMT
#1277
On June 25 2024 10:54 404AlphaSquad wrote:
I don’t know if this is a good reason to write in this thread, but I was just thinking about him again and how much he made me laugh. Then I am reminded and sad that he is no longer among us. It felt important to me to write this.


As far as I'm concerned any reason is fine to have this thread revived.

I recently went down the rabbit hole due to the youtube algorithm. Man those state of the game and inside the game podcasts are still hilarious.
Locutos
Profile Joined January 2017
Brazil273 Posts
June 25 2024 02:36 GMT
#1278
I remember him mimmicking Liquid HerO in a HSC, when he was battling a french terran players that i forgot the name now. This french player and Scarlett got to the Ro4 if im not mistaken. Incontrol was mimmicking Hero as somethin like "oh, you foreigners are getting good huh"

Along those lines... sounds so silly wi th (very poorly) trying to describe it. But i remember vividly not beeing able to breath cus of how much i was laughing. The others guys in the stream were too...

Thanks for these memories, Geoff!!
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46478 Posts
June 25 2024 03:10 GMT
#1279
On June 25 2024 11:31 NoobSkills wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2024 10:54 404AlphaSquad wrote:
I don’t know if this is a good reason to write in this thread, but I was just thinking about him again and how much he made me laugh. Then I am reminded and sad that he is no longer among us. It felt important to me to write this.


As far as I'm concerned any reason is fine to have this thread revived.

I recently went down the rabbit hole due to the youtube algorithm. Man those state of the game and inside the game podcasts are still hilarious.


The SotG bunker-change clip... and his EG announcements of announcements! I always found him to be so quick-witted and hilarious.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Husyelt
Profile Blog Joined May 2020
United States839 Posts
June 25 2024 04:24 GMT
#1280
christ it was so awesome to see Geoff in that picture during the latest HSC

uhhhgggggg i miss that man
You're getting cynical and that won't do I'd throw the rose tint back on the exploded view
Prev 1 62 63 64 65 66 68 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko456
ProTech124
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41502
Bisu 1442
firebathero 1067
Horang2 984
Hyuk 391
BeSt 357
EffOrt 290
Mini 273
Light 236
Larva 234
[ Show more ]
Soma 231
ZerO 118
Leta 98
Rush 94
Mong 89
Barracks 82
Snow 72
Pusan 55
ToSsGirL 39
Shinee 35
JYJ 32
Mind 32
NaDa 30
Aegong 27
Sexy 26
sorry 22
zelot 21
Bale 20
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Noble 11
JulyZerg 11
Icarus 7
Terrorterran 6
Dota 2
Gorgc1235
XaKoH 393
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1289
Khaldor1036
Other Games
gofns31456
singsing2275
olofmeister1488
B2W.Neo321
hiko186
Livibee183
Mew2King79
ArmadaUGS51
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream271
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH181
• StrangeGG 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 10
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
39m
OSC
9h 39m
CranKy Ducklings
21h 39m
Online Event
22h 39m
FEL
1d 3h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 4h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 6h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 21h
INu's Battles
1d 23h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.