• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:27
CEST 05:27
KST 12:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8018 users

Geoff 'iNcontroL' Robinson has passed away - Page 66

Forum Index > SC2 General
1345 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 Next
From iNcontroL’s Twitter:

To offer some solace in this time of grief: We've learned that Geoff passed quickly and painlessly from a blood clot in his lungs. He was with friends. He always urged and led us by example to take care of ourselves to the best of our ability. Remember to do that for him today.
Trozz
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3456 Posts
July 22 2024 15:39 GMT
#1301
High pitched “is it, though?”
This passing hit the hardest.
Still not over it ;;
A build is not a guess, an estimation or a hunch, a feeling, or a foolish intuition. A build is a dependable, unwavering, unarguably accurate, portrayer of your ambition.
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
July 20 2025 15:58 GMT
#1302
Another year, friends. Take care of yourselves.
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10001 Posts
Last Edited: 2025-07-20 16:12:46
July 20 2025 16:12 GMT
#1303
I still miss iNcontrol every time i watch a tournament.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
July 20 2025 16:51 GMT
#1304
6 years already? Time flies, but Geoff is still missed
Copymizer
Profile Joined November 2010
Denmark2108 Posts
July 20 2025 18:38 GMT
#1305
I was watching some youtube videos with him the other day and it made me miss is contagious positive energy. We need him in esports and he left us too early. Can't believe its 6 years already
~~Yo man ! MBCGame HERO Fighting !! Holy check !
coldturkey49
Profile Joined December 2009
United States11 Posts
August 10 2025 23:04 GMT
#1306
Godspeed Geoff.
chillin
duckTemplar
Profile Joined February 2011
United States216 Posts
August 20 2025 16:30 GMT
#1307
To this date, i still cannot believe it's true.
The first word Kerrigan said to Raynor was "...You Pig!", to Raynor's response "What? ... oh you're a psychic"
seraki
Profile Joined April 2012
46 Posts
August 21 2025 06:16 GMT
#1308
i wonder what he was up to these days if he was alive
G5
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States2921 Posts
August 21 2025 15:18 GMT
#1309
Weird. I was literally just thinking about him (quite intensively) on my drive to work and then I see this at the top of the General forum. I've never publicly posted anything about Geoff. I've always kept it internal. However, I want to share a little bit about his impact on me.

Geoff was a really good friend of mine growing up throughout SC1. He was always someone I admired although I would never tell him that. He had a bit of Norm MacDonald in him, in the very best sense of that comparison - he was unapologetically funny. If he thought it was funny, he would go for it, no matter the risk. He was articulate as hell. He was sharp as a tack. He was a loyal friend that would look past angry SC-gamer moments and still be there for you if you needed him. He could be exceptionally thoughtful and nice and he could be a needly trolly dick - in the way only a true friend would feel comfortable enough to be. He had up times and he had down times. Although his life was short, he truly lived it and went for what he wanted.

He was also extremely brave; more so that I ever was, especially back then. For example: One time we were in Korea for IEF and I was asked to give a speech in front of some group of dignitaries or something and I declined out of fear. Geoff got up there instead and delivered the most professional and eloquent speech you could imagine. In fact, that same event, we had an opening ceremony where players walked to stage carrying their countries flag and the Canadians were still on their flights. So, Geoff volunteered and repped Canada for a the flag ceremony lol in true iNcontroL fashion (hilariously). I also remember him on WCG Ultimate Gamer, something I was offered to do the next season and I declined, again out of fear. He was always just so outgoing and brave and would constantly do things I theoretically would want to be able to do but never had the balls to do. Geoff, along with Nick (Tasteless) and Dan (Artosis) are the three friends I had growing up that I've always truly admired for their bravery, intelligence, and willingness to go after the life they envisioned for themselves, not one that others had planned for them. All three of them contributed to me being braver in my life and going for things I may have not gone for if I had never met them. For that, I am very thankful.

It's been a long time and what I remember the most about Geoff is his bravery, his humor, and how genuine of a person he was. I still think about him often. I miss him and many of my other friends from back then. I miss our daily gaming sessions, all of us on ventrillo group calls, playing and joking around until inevitably Artosis, IdrA, or myself rage-quit to end the late night - just to pick it up again the next day and do it all over. I miss the laughs. I miss those times. I miss you buddy. I don't believe in an afterlife but I know that if I'm wrong about that (and if there's any semblance of justice in the universe), you are without a doubt in whatever the good part of the afterlife is. Thank you for the good times buddy and the profound impact you had on me. My life is better because I had you in it, even for as brief as it was. Miss you. Love you. <3

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]
feardragon
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States973 Posts
August 21 2025 15:38 GMT
#1310
Thanks so much for sharing those stories and photos G5. <3 Hope you're doing okay today.
Ok Starcraft 2 Commentator
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46478 Posts
August 22 2025 07:29 GMT
#1311
Thank you for sharing, G5.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
VonDarkmore
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Australia193 Posts
August 22 2025 12:44 GMT
#1312
Love your work G5!
Still missed Geoff! I'm sure you are giving out some great Banter wherever you are
One who understands much displays a greater simplicity of character than one who understands little
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27441 Posts
August 22 2025 13:59 GMT
#1313
Thanks for the share G5, beautiful insight
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Lazorstorm
Profile Blog Joined May 2014
34 Posts
August 22 2025 14:40 GMT
#1314
Thanks for sharing, and the amazing pictures <3!!! much love
Long time lurker
Jankisa
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Croatia1748 Posts
August 22 2025 16:18 GMT
#1315
Great post, I always admired Incontrol and was always jelous of his wit and the fact that he wasn't just good at being funny, but also great at starcraft and built like a truck.

I still have his announcer pack in my game and I doubt I'll ever change it.

Thank you for the post, those pictures are incredibly dorky. <3
So, are you a pessimist? - On my better days. Are you a nihilist? - Not as much as I should be.
raidern_br
Profile Joined November 2002
Brazil622 Posts
August 23 2025 11:32 GMT
#1316
thank you for posting g5, that was a great read.
Gogogo
Starcloud
Profile Joined September 2018
138 Posts
August 23 2025 16:23 GMT
#1317
On August 22 2025 00:18 G5 wrote:
Weird. I was literally just thinking about him (quite intensively) on my drive to work and then I see this at the top of the....(snapped)


Thank you for the post. Was very good to hear those things about him. I always had a dream that one day I could meet him in some Homestory cup with Rotti & co, but that dream unfortunately can never happen now . I think he was one of the steady pillars of the SC2 scene, and will always be missed. GG WP Geoff, where ever you are.
Kyhol
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2575 Posts
August 25 2025 13:00 GMT
#1318
On August 22 2025 00:18 G5 wrote:
Weird. I was literally just thinking about him (quite intensively) on my drive to work and then I see this at the top of the General forum. I've never publicly posted anything about Geoff. I've always kept it internal. However, I want to share a little bit about his impact on me.

Geoff was a really good friend of mine growing up throughout SC1. He was always someone I admired although I would never tell him that. He had a bit of Norm MacDonald in him, in the very best sense of that comparison - he was unapologetically funny. If he thought it was funny, he would go for it, no matter the risk. He was articulate as hell. He was sharp as a tack. He was a loyal friend that would look past angry SC-gamer moments and still be there for you if you needed him. He could be exceptionally thoughtful and nice and he could be a needly trolly dick - in the way only a true friend would feel comfortable enough to be. He had up times and he had down times. Although his life was short, he truly lived it and went for what he wanted.

He was also extremely brave; more so that I ever was, especially back then. For example: One time we were in Korea for IEF and I was asked to give a speech in front of some group of dignitaries or something and I declined out of fear. Geoff got up there instead and delivered the most professional and eloquent speech you could imagine. In fact, that same event, we had an opening ceremony where players walked to stage carrying their countries flag and the Canadians were still on their flights. So, Geoff volunteered and repped Canada for a the flag ceremony lol in true iNcontroL fashion (hilariously). I also remember him on WCG Ultimate Gamer, something I was offered to do the next season and I declined, again out of fear. He was always just so outgoing and brave and would constantly do things I theoretically would want to be able to do but never had the balls to do. Geoff, along with Nick (Tasteless) and Dan (Artosis) are the three friends I had growing up that I've always truly admired for their bravery, intelligence, and willingness to go after the life they envisioned for themselves, not one that others had planned for them. All three of them contributed to me being braver in my life and going for things I may have not gone for if I had never met them. For that, I am very thankful.

It's been a long time and what I remember the most about Geoff is his bravery, his humor, and how genuine of a person he was. I still think about him often. I miss him and many of my other friends from back then. I miss our daily gaming sessions, all of us on ventrillo group calls, playing and joking around until inevitably Artosis, IdrA, or myself rage-quit to end the late night - just to pick it up again the next day and do it all over. I miss the laughs. I miss those times. I miss you buddy. I don't believe in an afterlife but I know that if I'm wrong about that (and if there's any semblance of justice in the universe), you are without a doubt in whatever the good part of the afterlife is. Thank you for the good times buddy and the profound impact you had on me. My life is better because I had you in it, even for as brief as it was. Miss you. Love you. <3

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]


Wonderful read G5. Wish you well.
Wishing you well.
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
August 25 2025 16:16 GMT
#1319
Really thoughtful post G5. I really liked InControl as a personality in the scene but I'm really envious you got to be his friend. You're very lucky. I'm sure he would say he feels the same about you.
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
vTv.Marine
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada151 Posts
Last Edited: 2025-09-03 05:51:29
August 26 2025 06:21 GMT
#1320
Removed unrelated rant. - Manifesto7

User was warned for this post
Hows it going guys, long time no see
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 207
ProTech145
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2244
Shuttle 1340
Bale 56
Dewaltoss 42
NaDa 31
Noble 28
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm151
League of Legends
JimRising 658
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox692
Mew2King94
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor897
Other Games
summit1g8936
C9.Mang0340
PiGStarcraft319
ViBE58
ArmadaUGS57
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV259
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP153
• Hupsaiya 132
• davetesta17
• Letter145
• Response 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo747
Other Games
• Scarra907
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
9h 33m
OSC
18h 33m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 6h
Online Event
1d 7h
FEL
1d 12h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.