• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:49
CEST 12:49
KST 19:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9003 users

Geoff 'iNcontroL' Robinson has passed away - Page 65

Forum Index > SC2 General
1345 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 63 64 65 66 67 68 Next
From iNcontroL’s Twitter:

To offer some solace in this time of grief: We've learned that Geoff passed quickly and painlessly from a blood clot in his lungs. He was with friends. He always urged and led us by example to take care of ourselves to the best of our ability. Remember to do that for him today.
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
June 25 2024 05:51 GMT
#1281
On June 25 2024 10:54 404AlphaSquad wrote:
I don’t know if this is a good reason to write in this thread, but I was just thinking about him again and how much he made me laugh. Then I am reminded and sad that he is no longer among us. It felt important to me to write this.


It is ALWAYS a good reason to bump this thread with positive memories about Geoff.
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
MJG
Profile Joined May 2018
United Kingdom1451 Posts
June 25 2024 06:26 GMT
#1282
On June 25 2024 11:31 NoobSkills wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2024 10:54 404AlphaSquad wrote:
I don’t know if this is a good reason to write in this thread, but I was just thinking about him again and how much he made me laugh. Then I am reminded and sad that he is no longer among us. It felt important to me to write this.


As far as I'm concerned any reason is fine to have this thread revived.

I recently went down the rabbit hole due to the youtube algorithm. Man those state of the game and inside the game podcasts are still hilarious.

I've re-watched the SotG "Horses" and "Who is Artosis?" clips more times than I could count. Absolutely hilarious.
puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
NoobSkills
Profile Joined August 2009
United States1603 Posts
June 25 2024 07:35 GMT
#1283
On June 25 2024 15:26 MJG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2024 11:31 NoobSkills wrote:
On June 25 2024 10:54 404AlphaSquad wrote:
I don’t know if this is a good reason to write in this thread, but I was just thinking about him again and how much he made me laugh. Then I am reminded and sad that he is no longer among us. It felt important to me to write this.


As far as I'm concerned any reason is fine to have this thread revived.

I recently went down the rabbit hole due to the youtube algorithm. Man those state of the game and inside the game podcasts are still hilarious.

I've re-watched the SotG "Horses" and "Who is Artosis?" clips more times than I could count. Absolutely hilarious.


LMFAO yeah those are highlights. But I swear when you get certain episodes of those podcasts incontrol is just going off for like the entire fucking episode. Usually it was the old crowd like day9/artosis/nony/idra but other times it was trolling like MLG staff or fucking painuser I think. I think I got lucky with a series of like 3 episodes I think one night, woke up the next morning and my sides were so sore I was laughing so hard.
MJG
Profile Joined May 2018
United Kingdom1451 Posts
June 25 2024 08:13 GMT
#1284
On June 25 2024 16:35 NoobSkills wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2024 15:26 MJG wrote:
On June 25 2024 11:31 NoobSkills wrote:
On June 25 2024 10:54 404AlphaSquad wrote:
I don’t know if this is a good reason to write in this thread, but I was just thinking about him again and how much he made me laugh. Then I am reminded and sad that he is no longer among us. It felt important to me to write this.


As far as I'm concerned any reason is fine to have this thread revived.

I recently went down the rabbit hole due to the youtube algorithm. Man those state of the game and inside the game podcasts are still hilarious.

I've re-watched the SotG "Horses" and "Who is Artosis?" clips more times than I could count. Absolutely hilarious.

LMFAO yeah those are highlights. But I swear when you get certain episodes of those podcasts incontrol is just going off for like the entire fucking episode. Usually it was the old crowd like day9/artosis/nony/idra but other times it was trolling like MLG staff or fucking painuser I think. I think I got lucky with a series of like 3 episodes I think one night, woke up the next morning and my sides were so sore I was laughing so hard.

I need to go back and watch more of the full episodes. The clip compilations only cover so much.

Painuser and Gretorp getting dunked on was always pretty funny.
puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
BjoernK
Profile Joined April 2012
194 Posts
June 25 2024 11:37 GMT
#1285
Random thought about INcontroL: during the loading screen he often drew a figure eight with the mouse cursor....
Mutaller
Profile Blog Joined July 2013
United States1051 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-06-25 15:38:28
June 25 2024 15:38 GMT
#1286
On June 25 2024 20:37 BjoernK wrote:
Random thought about INcontroL: during the loading screen he often drew a figure eight with the mouse cursor....


I copied that from him, wow! Thanks for the reminder
"To practice isn't for you to get better now in the present. Practice will never betray you and will always come back for you in the future." -Jaedong
KameZerg
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Sweden1776 Posts
June 25 2024 16:07 GMT
#1287
I don't know much about incontrol in the sc2 scene but he was very jolly and a great all around guy in BW, i was saddened when I heard he had passed away we lost an OG.
asdasdasdasdasd123123123
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
June 25 2024 18:47 GMT
#1288
On June 25 2024 20:37 BjoernK wrote:
Random thought about INcontroL: during the loading screen he often drew a figure eight with the mouse cursor....


You just unlocked a core memory for me of why I always do that too
NoobSkills
Profile Joined August 2009
United States1603 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-06-25 22:46:23
June 25 2024 21:31 GMT
#1289
On June 25 2024 17:13 MJG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2024 16:35 NoobSkills wrote:
On June 25 2024 15:26 MJG wrote:
On June 25 2024 11:31 NoobSkills wrote:
On June 25 2024 10:54 404AlphaSquad wrote:
I don’t know if this is a good reason to write in this thread, but I was just thinking about him again and how much he made me laugh. Then I am reminded and sad that he is no longer among us. It felt important to me to write this.


As far as I'm concerned any reason is fine to have this thread revived.

I recently went down the rabbit hole due to the youtube algorithm. Man those state of the game and inside the game podcasts are still hilarious.

I've re-watched the SotG "Horses" and "Who is Artosis?" clips more times than I could count. Absolutely hilarious.

LMFAO yeah those are highlights. But I swear when you get certain episodes of those podcasts incontrol is just going off for like the entire fucking episode. Usually it was the old crowd like day9/artosis/nony/idra but other times it was trolling like MLG staff or fucking painuser I think. I think I got lucky with a series of like 3 episodes I think one night, woke up the next morning and my sides were so sore I was laughing so hard.

I need to go back and watch more of the full episodes. The clip compilations only cover so much.

Painuser and Gretorp getting dunked on was always pretty funny.


Omfg forgot about gretorp. And "dunked on" was a perfectly accurate description lol.

Edit: I can't remember the clips name, but JP was interviewing idra a little after a win, and greg says blah blah blah zerg so bad and the opponents so bad. But then he harps on zerg being bad. And incontrol goes, he JP, let's continue with our IPL zerg winner Greg or something like that.
MJG
Profile Joined May 2018
United Kingdom1451 Posts
June 26 2024 06:51 GMT
#1290
On June 26 2024 06:31 NoobSkills wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2024 17:13 MJG wrote:
On June 25 2024 16:35 NoobSkills wrote:
On June 25 2024 15:26 MJG wrote:
On June 25 2024 11:31 NoobSkills wrote:
On June 25 2024 10:54 404AlphaSquad wrote:
I don’t know if this is a good reason to write in this thread, but I was just thinking about him again and how much he made me laugh. Then I am reminded and sad that he is no longer among us. It felt important to me to write this.


As far as I'm concerned any reason is fine to have this thread revived.

I recently went down the rabbit hole due to the youtube algorithm. Man those state of the game and inside the game podcasts are still hilarious.

I've re-watched the SotG "Horses" and "Who is Artosis?" clips more times than I could count. Absolutely hilarious.

LMFAO yeah those are highlights. But I swear when you get certain episodes of those podcasts incontrol is just going off for like the entire fucking episode. Usually it was the old crowd like day9/artosis/nony/idra but other times it was trolling like MLG staff or fucking painuser I think. I think I got lucky with a series of like 3 episodes I think one night, woke up the next morning and my sides were so sore I was laughing so hard.

I need to go back and watch more of the full episodes. The clip compilations only cover so much.

Painuser and Gretorp getting dunked on was always pretty funny.

Omfg forgot about gretorp. And "dunked on" was a perfectly accurate description lol.

Edit: I can't remember the clips name, but JP was interviewing idra a little after a win, and greg says blah blah blah zerg so bad and the opponents so bad. But then he harps on zerg being bad. And incontrol goes, he JP, let's continue with our IPL zerg winner Greg or something like that.

I remember that one!

IdrA responds by saying that he's not supposed to lose to these people because he practices 12 hours a day, or something along those lines, and everyone cracks up.
puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
NoobSkills
Profile Joined August 2009
United States1603 Posts
June 26 2024 06:59 GMT
#1291
On June 26 2024 15:51 MJG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2024 06:31 NoobSkills wrote:
On June 25 2024 17:13 MJG wrote:
On June 25 2024 16:35 NoobSkills wrote:
On June 25 2024 15:26 MJG wrote:
On June 25 2024 11:31 NoobSkills wrote:
On June 25 2024 10:54 404AlphaSquad wrote:
I don’t know if this is a good reason to write in this thread, but I was just thinking about him again and how much he made me laugh. Then I am reminded and sad that he is no longer among us. It felt important to me to write this.


As far as I'm concerned any reason is fine to have this thread revived.

I recently went down the rabbit hole due to the youtube algorithm. Man those state of the game and inside the game podcasts are still hilarious.

I've re-watched the SotG "Horses" and "Who is Artosis?" clips more times than I could count. Absolutely hilarious.

LMFAO yeah those are highlights. But I swear when you get certain episodes of those podcasts incontrol is just going off for like the entire fucking episode. Usually it was the old crowd like day9/artosis/nony/idra but other times it was trolling like MLG staff or fucking painuser I think. I think I got lucky with a series of like 3 episodes I think one night, woke up the next morning and my sides were so sore I was laughing so hard.

I need to go back and watch more of the full episodes. The clip compilations only cover so much.

Painuser and Gretorp getting dunked on was always pretty funny.

Omfg forgot about gretorp. And "dunked on" was a perfectly accurate description lol.

Edit: I can't remember the clips name, but JP was interviewing idra a little after a win, and greg says blah blah blah zerg so bad and the opponents so bad. But then he harps on zerg being bad. And incontrol goes, he JP, let's continue with our IPL zerg winner Greg or something like that.

I remember that one!

IdrA responds by saying that he's not supposed to lose to these people because he practices 12 hours a day, or something along those lines, and everyone cracks up.




Found it for yall.
MJG
Profile Joined May 2018
United Kingdom1451 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-06-26 07:07:58
June 26 2024 07:00 GMT
#1292
The webcam zoom!

puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
Schelim
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Austria11528 Posts
June 26 2024 08:15 GMT
#1293
On June 26 2024 16:00 MJG wrote:
The webcam zoom!


i love when Artosis turns it around on Geoff, he laughs with everyone else. he could take it as well as he could dish it.
TY <3 Cure <3 Inno <3 Special <3
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
July 21 2024 06:20 GMT
#1294
Bump. 5 years, friends.
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10001 Posts
July 21 2024 23:12 GMT
#1295
My favourite iNcontrol quote:
*German accent*
"I used to play random, but for you I will play very specifically"
RIP Meatloaf <3
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46478 Posts
July 22 2024 01:47 GMT
#1296
Never forgotten.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
don_kyuhote
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
3007 Posts
July 22 2024 01:54 GMT
#1297
Watching SotG episode 100 again. Always loved hearing Geoff talk
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27441 Posts
July 22 2024 01:56 GMT
#1298
‘The Zealot?!’ and the associated rant, absolutely my favourite Geoff moment.

RIP to a magnificent man
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
July 22 2024 01:59 GMT
#1299
<3 Geoff
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
July 22 2024 03:28 GMT
#1300
Five years, still feel unreal. Miss you buddy.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
Prev 1 63 64 65 66 67 68 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko193
SpeCial 57
ProTech9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16997
firebathero 2288
Bisu 876
Hyuk 670
Horang2 493
Larva 239
BeSt 235
Light 159
Mini 144
EffOrt 142
[ Show more ]
Soma 122
Leta 89
Rush 85
Barracks 77
Pusan 61
ZerO 58
Killer 54
ToSsGirL 50
Sharp 48
Mong 45
Yoon 40
Aegong 32
Shinee 31
Sexy 28
Mind 27
NaDa 27
Bale 20
sorry 17
Hm[arnc] 17
Sacsri 16
JulyZerg 13
Noble 11
zelot 11
Terrorterran 6
ajuk12(nOOB) 5
Dota 2
XaKoH 333
Fuzer 186
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss913
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1088
crisheroes891
Other Games
gofns28977
singsing1831
olofmeister1094
B2W.Neo165
Mew2King84
ArmadaUGS52
Livibee32
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream186
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH93
• StrangeGG 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
2h 12m
OSC
11h 12m
CranKy Ducklings
23h 12m
Online Event
1d
FEL
1d 5h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.