• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:29
CEST 04:29
KST 11:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8921 users

Elazer: The Unending Rebellion - Rank 10 - Road to BlizzCo…

Forum Index > SC2 General
43 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Vanillatoss
Profile Joined May 2016
76 Posts
October 16 2017 18:58 GMT
#21
On October 17 2017 03:04 LtCalley wrote:
i knew it was gonna be like this, but it's still funny to see nothing but foreigners at the bottom of the power rank xD


Im kind of OK with it tho.. cause.. how many times TL Power rank was wrong....
KalWarkov
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Germany4126 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-16 19:12:18
October 16 2017 19:12 GMT
#22
imo serral > elazer, probably > soO/Gumiho too.

also nerchio > snute, you will see
DiaBoLuS ** Sc2 - Protoss: 16x GM | Dota2 - Offlane Immortal | Wc3 - Undead decent level | Diablo nerd | Chess / Magnus fanboy | BVB | Agnostic***
Kafka777
Profile Joined December 2015
361 Posts
October 16 2017 19:30 GMT
#23
I think that the skill difference between these 16 players is marginal right now, at least much smaller than many people believe. Each player can take down any other player. Innovation perhaps stands out a bit. Its all down to form on a given day and bracket luck.
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-16 20:56:24
October 16 2017 20:44 GMT
#24
On October 17 2017 04:30 Kafka777 wrote:
I think that the skill difference between these 16 players is marginal right now, at least much smaller than many people believe. Each player can take down any other player. Innovation perhaps stands out a bit. Its all down to form on a given day and bracket luck.


I disagree. Even within the WCS circuit the difference between Neeb and Kelazhur or Neeb and TRUE feels absolutely massive. While there are other factors that come into play such as races, some players just look hopelessly outclassed. Of the opening matches MajOr beating Stats, Kelazhur beating Dark, or TRUE beating INno are results I wouldn't bet on given 10 to 1 odds.

edit: On second thought at 10:1 I might bet on MajOr beating Stats. It's pretty close. I wouldn't take anything shorter though.
scoo2r
Profile Joined December 2015
Canada91 Posts
October 16 2017 20:54 GMT
#25
Age is a key factor, looking at overall esports earnings a player is in their prime between 19-22 years old which predicts good runs for players like Elazer and Neeb.
Another day, another depot.
Soularion
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Canada2764 Posts
October 16 2017 21:00 GMT
#26
On October 17 2017 05:44 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2017 04:30 Kafka777 wrote:
I think that the skill difference between these 16 players is marginal right now, at least much smaller than many people believe. Each player can take down any other player. Innovation perhaps stands out a bit. Its all down to form on a given day and bracket luck.


I disagree. Even within the WCS circuit the difference between Neeb and Kelazhur or Neeb and TRUE feels absolutely massive. While there are other factors that come into play such as races, some players just look hopelessly outclassed. Of the opening matches MajOr beating Stats, Kelazhur beating Dark, or TRUE beating INno are results I wouldn't bet on given 10 to 1 odds.

edit: On second thought at 10:1 I might bet on MajOr beating Stats. It's pretty close. I wouldn't take anything shorter though.

I'd bet on MajOr > Stats at 5:1 comfortably. He took him to five games at GSL vs the World, and it's only a Bo3. Upsets will come a lot easier than you might expect, ie. ShoWTimE > ByuN or Solar collapsing
Writermaru pls
pvsnp
Profile Joined January 2017
7676 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-16 21:05:48
October 16 2017 21:01 GMT
#27
On October 17 2017 05:44 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2017 04:30 Kafka777 wrote:
I think that the skill difference between these 16 players is marginal right now, at least much smaller than many people believe. Each player can take down any other player. Innovation perhaps stands out a bit. Its all down to form on a given day and bracket luck.


I disagree. Even within the WCS circuit the difference between Neeb and Kelazhur or Neeb and TRUE feels absolutely massive. While there are other factors that come into play such as races, some players just look hopelessly outclassed. Of the opening matches MajOr beating Stats, Kelazhur beating Dark, or TRUE beating INno are results I wouldn't bet on given 10 to 1 odds.

edit: On second thought at 10:1 I might bet on MajOr beating Stats. It's pretty close. I wouldn't take anything shorter though.

Dark vs Kelazhur and True vs Inno are by far the most onesided opening matches. The (arguably) two weakest players at Blizzcon against the (arguably) two strongest. Barring a complete meltdown from the Koreans, they will take it effortlessly.

MajOr at least has some semblance of a chance against Stats, albeit not a great one.

The Blizzcon groups as a whole aren't very good for the foreigners. I would guess one (Serral or Neeb) makes it to the Ro8, two at most, and wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be zero.
Denominator of the Universe
TL+ Member
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
October 16 2017 21:08 GMT
#28
On October 17 2017 06:00 Soularion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2017 05:44 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On October 17 2017 04:30 Kafka777 wrote:
I think that the skill difference between these 16 players is marginal right now, at least much smaller than many people believe. Each player can take down any other player. Innovation perhaps stands out a bit. Its all down to form on a given day and bracket luck.


I disagree. Even within the WCS circuit the difference between Neeb and Kelazhur or Neeb and TRUE feels absolutely massive. While there are other factors that come into play such as races, some players just look hopelessly outclassed. Of the opening matches MajOr beating Stats, Kelazhur beating Dark, or TRUE beating INno are results I wouldn't bet on given 10 to 1 odds.

edit: On second thought at 10:1 I might bet on MajOr beating Stats. It's pretty close. I wouldn't take anything shorter though.

I'd bet on MajOr > Stats at 5:1 comfortably. He took him to five games at GSL vs the World, and it's only a Bo3. Upsets will come a lot easier than you might expect, ie. ShoWTimE > ByuN or Solar collapsing


Fair enough. Both MajOr and Stats have been looking worse since then which also which adds some uncertainty. Ignoring specific numbers though I still wouldn't call skill differences between the top 16 players marginal.
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 16 2017 21:18 GMT
#29
On October 17 2017 05:54 scoo2r wrote:
Age is a key factor, looking at overall esports earnings a player is in their prime between 19-22 years old which predicts good runs for players like Elazer and Neeb.

I always wonder why people never bring that up
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
October 16 2017 21:29 GMT
#30
On October 17 2017 06:18 Sakat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2017 05:54 scoo2r wrote:
Age is a key factor, looking at overall esports earnings a player is in their prime between 19-22 years old which predicts good runs for players like Elazer and Neeb.

I always wonder why people never bring that up


Most players peak in skill when around that age, and it's because they are most skilled that they earn more. So people don't discuss the age of the players as much since their age is subsumed by discussing their skill.
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 16 2017 21:38 GMT
#31
On October 17 2017 06:29 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2017 06:18 Sakat wrote:
On October 17 2017 05:54 scoo2r wrote:
Age is a key factor, looking at overall esports earnings a player is in their prime between 19-22 years old which predicts good runs for players like Elazer and Neeb.

I always wonder why people never bring that up


Most players peak in skill when around that age, and it's because they are most skilled that they earn more. So people don't discuss the age of the players as much since their age is subsumed by discussing their skill.

I guess so.

In most sports age is discussed regularly so I thought it was weird
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
October 16 2017 21:47 GMT
#32
On October 17 2017 06:38 Sakat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2017 06:29 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On October 17 2017 06:18 Sakat wrote:
On October 17 2017 05:54 scoo2r wrote:
Age is a key factor, looking at overall esports earnings a player is in their prime between 19-22 years old which predicts good runs for players like Elazer and Neeb.

I always wonder why people never bring that up


Most players peak in skill when around that age, and it's because they are most skilled that they earn more. So people don't discuss the age of the players as much since their age is subsumed by discussing their skill.

I guess so.

In most sports age is discussed regularly so I thought it was weird


I wouldn't be surprised if it got to that point eventually assuming that a single eSport exists for long enough in a stable form for several generations of players exist.
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
October 16 2017 22:01 GMT
#33
On October 17 2017 01:16 Fango wrote:
I don't see a reason to put Elazer as the second highest foreigner tbh, I feel like his acheiments (although great) have been carried by ZvZ. Wouldn't give him a good chance against the terrans and protoss at blizzcon, not compared Snute and Serral at least


I felt the same way until I read the article. I think the article makes a good argument for why Elazer is second best foreigner.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
Boggyb
Profile Joined January 2017
2855 Posts
October 16 2017 22:38 GMT
#34
On October 17 2017 01:50 IArako wrote:
Gumiho, SoO, TY, herO will be below Neeb

herO just made it to the finals of an offline Korean tournament and lost 4-3 to the best ZvP player in the world. In terms of current form, that's more impressive than winning a WCS Circuit event.
Fango
Profile Joined July 2016
United Kingdom8987 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-16 23:41:31
October 16 2017 23:38 GMT
#35
On October 17 2017 07:01 TheDougler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2017 01:16 Fango wrote:
I don't see a reason to put Elazer as the second highest foreigner tbh, I feel like his acheiments (although great) have been carried by ZvZ. Wouldn't give him a good chance against the terrans and protoss at blizzcon, not compared Snute and Serral at least


I felt the same way until I read the article. I think the article makes a good argument for why Elazer is second best foreigner.


The article is good at building hype and stories sure. But it terms of the actual games he's been showing, I can't put him higher than Snute or Serral (except maybe in ZvZs against eachother, but even then it's close)
Zest, sOs, PartinG, Dark, and Maru are the real champs. ROOT_herO is overrated. Snute, Serral, and Scarlett are the foreigner GOATs
pvsnp
Profile Joined January 2017
7676 Posts
October 17 2017 00:43 GMT
#36
Blizzard released his WCS Signature Series video today:



Good to see they're doing the Signature Series again this year, I really liked the ones last year.
Denominator of the Universe
TL+ Member
engesser1
Profile Blog Joined December 2016
264 Posts
October 17 2017 03:05 GMT
#37
Cool signature. I don't know why but Elazer he is like Desireless (Claudie Fritsch-Mentrop).
Maru, he is the reason why i'm still playing and watching sc2
Nakajin
Profile Blog Joined September 2014
Canada8991 Posts
October 17 2017 03:12 GMT
#38
On October 17 2017 12:05 engesser1 wrote:
Cool signature. I don't know why but Elazer he is like Desireless (Claudie Fritsch-Mentrop).


Hahahahahahaha
Writerhttp://i.imgur.com/9p6ufcB.jpg
blooblooblahblah
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia4163 Posts
October 17 2017 04:14 GMT
#39
On October 17 2017 08:38 Fango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2017 07:01 TheDougler wrote:
On October 17 2017 01:16 Fango wrote:
I don't see a reason to put Elazer as the second highest foreigner tbh, I feel like his acheiments (although great) have been carried by ZvZ. Wouldn't give him a good chance against the terrans and protoss at blizzcon, not compared Snute and Serral at least


I felt the same way until I read the article. I think the article makes a good argument for why Elazer is second best foreigner.


The article is good at building hype and stories sure. But it terms of the actual games he's been showing, I can't put him higher than Snute or Serral (except maybe in ZvZs against eachother, but even then it's close)


I would say Elazer has some of the best ZvP in the foreign scene and probably better than Snute's or Serral's (Serral is more of a tossup but he did say he's been struggling in the matchup during his time in Korea). Stats kept getting destroyed by Elazer on his stream (and then lost a series to him in a tournament the next day), and in general Elazer has always expressed confidence in that matchup. Ofc, these are just ladder games and online tournaments but I don't think it's a big stretch to say Elazer has the best ZvP outside of Korea, and his ZvZ is very much up there too.

Elazer's ZvT has always been super shaky and his recent wins (and loss) against Gumiho were fun to watch but ultimately not too convincing. Both Snute and Serral probably have his number in that regard. Personally I would probably put Serral ahead of Elazer, but I think Elazer's rank over Snute is fair.
Ganzi beat me without stim. Ostojiy beat me with a nydus. Siphonn beat me with probes. Revival beat my sentry-immortal all-in.
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-17 07:12:00
October 17 2017 07:08 GMT
#40
On October 17 2017 12:05 engesser1 wrote:
Cool signature. I don't know why but Elazer he is like Desireless (Claudie Fritsch-Mentrop).

lmfao, I can't unsee :D



And yes, that signature video was great.

Elazer has a really cool dad!
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings105
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta32
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 232
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10707
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1131
NeuroSwarm187
febbydoto41
League of Legends
Doublelift4827
JimRising 683
Counter-Strike
taco 44
minikerr39
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox905
Mew2King35
Other Games
summit1g9620
Maynarde211
ArmadaUGS58
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick401
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 205
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo523
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 31m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
8h 31m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 31m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.