• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:42
CEST 15:42
KST 22:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8030 users

Call to Action: May 10 Balance Test Map

Forum Index > SC2 General
139 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
PharaphobiaSC
Profile Joined April 2016
Czech Republic457 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-11 19:33:58
May 10 2016 19:12 GMT
#1
[image loading]

Protoss:

Immortal Barrier absorb down to 100
10% faster attack speed on the Colossus


Terran:

Thor AA damage changed to flat and single target
Damage altered to 35 (+15 armored) every 2.14 seconds
Liberator damage changed to 4 (+3 light)
Cyclone cost reduced to 150/100
Cyclone supply cost increased by 1


Zerg:

Swarm Host cost reduced to 150/75
Swarm Host supply cost increased by 1


SOURCE

Poll: Immortal Barrier nerf absorb down to 100?

Good (339)
 
74%

Bad (117)
 
26%

456 total votes

Your vote: Immortal Barrier nerf absorb down to 100?

(Vote): Good
(Vote): Bad



Poll: Colossus 10% faster attack speed buff?

Good (246)
 
51%

Bad (241)
 
49%

487 total votes

Your vote: Colossus 10% faster attack speed buff?

(Vote): Good
(Vote): Bad



Poll: Thor AA damage change?

Bad (244)
 
66%

Good (127)
 
34%

371 total votes

Your vote: Thor AA damage change?

(Vote): Good
(Vote): Bad



Poll: Damage altered to 35 (+15 armored) every 2.14 seconds?

Bad (195)
 
70%

Good (85)
 
30%

280 total votes

Your vote: Damage altered to 35 (+15 armored) every 2.14 seconds?

(Vote): Good
(Vote): Bad



Poll: Liberator damage changed to 4 (+3 light)?

Good (225)
 
61%

Bad (146)
 
39%

371 total votes

Your vote: Liberator damage changed to 4 (+3 light)?

(Vote): Good
(Vote): Bad



Poll: Cyclone cost reduced to 150/100?

Good (276)
 
80%

Bad (71)
 
20%

347 total votes

Your vote: Cyclone cost reduced to 150/100?

(Vote): Good
(Vote): Bad



Poll: Cyclone supply cost increase?

Bad (212)
 
65%

Good (113)
 
35%

325 total votes

Your vote: Cyclone supply cost increase?

(Vote): Good
(Vote): Bad



Poll: Swarm Host cost reduced to 150/75?

Bad (178)
 
52%

Good (167)
 
48%

345 total votes

Your vote: Swarm Host cost reduced to 150/75?

(Vote): Good
(Vote): Bad



Poll: Swarm Host supply cost increased by 1?

Bad (245)
 
71%

Good (100)
 
29%

345 total votes

Your vote: Swarm Host supply cost increased by 1?

(Vote): Good
(Vote): Bad



UPDATE: Guy with nickname: Niceusername put down all changes together in gifs for you!

Here is the link! LINK
Facebook Twitter Reddit
twitch.tv/pharaphobia
Beelzebub1
Profile Joined May 2015
1005 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-10 19:26:26
May 10 2016 19:17 GMT
#2
I actually really really like the protoss changes..just a hood little tone down and tone up, shockingly elegant coming from david.

I have no clue how the Thor changes even work.

Swarm hosts will still be bad I think, the problem is lotv is very fast paced and having a unit with such a long cool down and using so much supply just seems uh....not optimal? Would be happier if they just removed it from the game and buff the infestor, you can really only polish a turd so much.

The liberator nerf is long overdue as is cyclone buff, definitely changes that are justified and simple, very impressed by this balance map, it's like David's finally getting his shit together.
chipmonklord17
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11944 Posts
May 10 2016 19:22 GMT
#3
I really love the protoss changes but just can't get behind most of the terran ones. I'd much rather see Liberators lose their AA splash and keep it on the thor. Instead of having the thor be the heavy hitter late game give the cyclone some +X vs massive when locked on buff. I feel like that might do more to help mech exist than putting that role on the thor. That MIGHT break the cyclone though, no idea.

The zerg changes are largely irrelevant. No one will make the swarmhost at its current supply cost, let alone at a higher one
PharaphobiaSC
Profile Joined April 2016
Czech Republic457 Posts
May 10 2016 19:23 GMT
#4
Sorry guys I'm not familiar with TL news system so please leave feedback if anything is missing !

EDIT: Added all polls!
twitch.tv/pharaphobia
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-10 19:29:05
May 10 2016 19:28 GMT
#5
If Blizzard nerfs immortals in PvZ, we might as well leave PvZ games or do all-in. I don't care about colossus change to be honest.
Ctone23
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States1841 Posts
May 10 2016 19:34 GMT
#6
Instead of increasing the DPS of the Colossus they should remove the range upgrade and let it have max range from the start.
TL+ Member
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
May 10 2016 19:39 GMT
#7
The Terran changes don't really add up. Thors will still be expensive and clunky, and without the AoE they lose some of the only utility they had left. A cyclone just isn't worth 4 supply. Honestly I barely ever make them anymore (even the single one you used to make for early game defense), and I'm seeing more and more pros skip them in every matchup. And 4 supply definitely is a waste for a unit that weak. Even if I made one because it was cheaper, eventually I'd just sack it anyway because it's dead supply. So I might as well spend the gas on something else. The SH change seems like it's the same.

I can see why they nerf liberator AA, it seemed very much overtuned against corruptors. But I'm not sure this was the right change to the unit.

Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
TheWinks
Profile Joined July 2011
United States572 Posts
May 10 2016 19:40 GMT
#8
Buffing the colossus is one of the worst ideas they've had. Deemphasizing the colossus was one of the better decisions they've made and given the state of tvp, they absolutely should not buff it for the sake of balance.
NinjaToss
Profile Blog Joined October 2015
Austria1383 Posts
May 10 2016 19:42 GMT
#9
I wanted a nerf to the Immortal, but a slighter nerf, not so drastic as this. How about a number around Barrier absorb somewhere around 150 damage? 100 looks too little, and that will kinda screw up the PvZ matchup again,
I'm sorry for all those that got their hearts broken by Zest | Zest, Bisu, soO, herO, MC, Maru, TY, Rogue, Trap, TaeJa", Favourite foreigners: ShoWTimE, Snute, Serral and Nerchio| KT BEST KT |
PinoKotsBeer
Profile Joined February 2014
Netherlands1387 Posts
May 10 2016 19:58 GMT
#10
A cyclone, now as much supply as a Tempest.
http://www.twitch.tv/pinokotsbeer
ejozl
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark3552 Posts
May 10 2016 19:59 GMT
#11
Really don't like the Barrier change, it just feels so much more like a passive ability. The object is that players get good at triggering it pre fight, or change targets when the Barrier is up. Also really good Protoss players could manually use it at crucial moments. Why not nerf it's vs Armoured, or revert it's range back to 5?

The Colossus change is also really boring, but I guess I didn't complain back when Siege Tanks got +10% attack speed. The unit will do a lot better when caught on it's own now. I would've probably prefered buffing it's AoE slightly and maybe have it not be able to attack units adjacent to it. That way Bio would fair a lot worse and maybe the new Thor anti air would be the tech of choice to keep Bio going vs Protoss in the later stages.

Thor & Liberator anti air change, I've grown to like, they were far too similar beforehand. Hopefully now Viking Anti Air won't be too similar to the new Thor Anti Air.

Not sure how elegant design it is to elaborately have units be less spammable, by increasing supply costs, but increase viability by decreasing resource costs. I'm also not sure it will work out, the Roach historically has been a very spammable unit, because of this. Maybe they don't mind Cyclone spam, as long as the composition does not remain the same through the entire span of the game.
SC2 Archon needs "Terrible, terrible damage" as one of it's quotes.
Gullis
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden740 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-10 20:03:09
May 10 2016 20:00 GMT
#12
Seems like a pretty big nerf to immortals. To big if you ask me.

I don't like the approach of making stuff easier for lower league players, it will just make it frustrating to play against. They should rather focus on what units are to easy for lower level player to use from the other races and make them harder to use. Which is why I dislike the colossus buff (That might be to ambitious though..). Instead they should try to make the disruptor to be more reliable (as I feel like it is a bit to much "hit or miss" at the moment)

Thor change, it would be fantastic if thors could be an answer to broodlords and tempest and I guess this is step in that direction but I don't think this is enough (I haven't tested so I don't know)

People are talking about how air units should have increased supply and then they increase supply for the Cyclone (anti air unit) instead? The cost reduce thing is good I guess. I wish they switched the tech lab requirement for an armory requirement so you could reactor them.
Now that I think about I am not even sure what role the cyclone is to do? Wasn't it intended to counter to ultralisks at first? Do Blizzard even know? I mean It would be so easy to make it a good aa unit.

I don't see any chance of fun game play involving swarm host. They could be plausible if each wave cost some money and locusts couldn't fly but tbh I think they should just remove them.
I would rather eat than see my children starve.
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
May 10 2016 20:01 GMT
#13
I really like the P changes as well. They need some tuning of course -maybe the colo buff and the immortal nerf are too much- but I really like the idea. I don't think the colossus is as bad an unit as a lot of people want it to be -swarm host is a lot more unsalvageable if you ask me. No real opinion on the other changes that mostly affect ZvT.
vult
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States9400 Posts
May 10 2016 20:04 GMT
#14
Would help if you could add the current stats in the OP to know what the magnitude of the changes are.

The Protoss changes look good, the rest I'm not really sure about. Colossus needed a bit of a bump but I think this works well enough.
I used to play random, but for you I play very specifically.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-10 20:10:55
May 10 2016 20:10 GMT
#15
maybe the colo buff and the immortal nerf are too much- but I really like the idea. I don't think the colossus is as bad an unit as a lot of people want it to be


In Legacy they nerfed the damage by 1.25 - 1.55x depending on the level of attack upgrades, returning 10% DPS via attack speed isn't a cataclysmic change.
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
May 10 2016 20:12 GMT
#16
On May 11 2016 05:10 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
maybe the colo buff and the immortal nerf are too much- but I really like the idea. I don't think the colossus is as bad an unit as a lot of people want it to be


In Legacy they nerfed the damage by 1.25 - 1.55x depending on the level of attack upgrades, returning 10% DPS via attack speed isn't a cataclysmic change.

yeah should be ok ; a nice push to a now underused unit. The immortal nerf is harsh though, needs a lot of playtesting.
TheWinks
Profile Joined July 2011
United States572 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-10 20:16:43
May 10 2016 20:13 GMT
#17
Spending 100 gas on 4 dead supply instead of 150 gas on 3 dead supply isn't going to change the decision making process of building cyclones. They just aren't good units.
On May 11 2016 05:10 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
maybe the colo buff and the immortal nerf are too much- but I really like the idea. I don't think the colossus is as bad an unit as a lot of people want it to be


In Legacy they nerfed the damage by 1.25 - 1.55x depending on the level of attack upgrades, returning 10% DPS via attack speed isn't a cataclysmic change.

It was nerfed for a good design reason and is one of the reasons the marauder nerf is acceptable at all. The magnitude of the buff is not a good defense of the buff.
Sapphire.lux
Profile Joined July 2010
Romania2620 Posts
May 10 2016 20:19 GMT
#18
I like the Protoss changes, hopefully the Colossus buff will not make it an important unit though.

The Thor AA is probably good for mech but, since mech is not usable i don't know what to think. If it can counter BLs and Liberators then maybe mech has a chance in TvZ and TvT. Tempests are still unaffected with their stupid 15 range unlimited kiting ability against both air and ground.

The Cyclone, eh, still expensive, still weak, still trying to live on a gimmick ability. I think they should first decide what this unit is supposed to do and synergize with before toying with numbers.

The SH should be removed.
Head Coach Park: "They should buff tanks!"
JackONeill
Profile Joined September 2013
861 Posts
May 10 2016 20:19 GMT
#19
All those changes are fucking terrible.

- Thor's AA is more of a nerf, doing the viking's job, but less efficently.
- Immortal barrier is a terribly designed ability, nerfing it is good because the immortal is overwhelming, but it doesn't solve the fact it's bad design
- colossus attack speed is kinda meh
- liberator's AG is the problem, not its AA. Right now the only consequence of this change will be to kill skyterran strats in TvZ : EVEN LESS DIVERSITY, YAAAAY.
- cyclone's lockon design is terrible. Changing the stats of the unit won't make it less BS. Cyclone is now the supply of a tempest? Rofl.
- swarm host : now you're just being hilarious.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
May 10 2016 20:24 GMT
#20
dont see how this makes the cyclone any more usable
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 1040
WardiTV767
OGKoka 298
Rex147
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 298
Rex 147
ProTech132
Codebar 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2299
Shuttle 2097
Horang2 1386
EffOrt 833
Jaedong 832
BeSt 535
Light 389
Mini 308
Stork 294
firebathero 283
[ Show more ]
ZerO 265
Rush 241
ggaemo 153
Barracks 97
Zeus 89
Shine 74
Killer 65
Hyun 54
Yoon 38
ToSsGirL 31
Shinee 30
Sexy 28
Mong 26
Bale 24
sorry 23
Aegong 21
soO 21
PianO 21
Terrorterran 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Sacsri 12
zelot 10
HiyA 9
Icarus 7
Noble 7
yabsab 7
Dota 2
qojqva3011
Dendi2101
BananaSlamJamma311
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
x6flipin390
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes424
Other Games
singsing2255
olofmeister1401
hiko825
B2W.Neo735
Lowko349
Sick210
Pyrionflax201
Liquid`VortiX166
ArmadaUGS90
Mew2King38
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream495
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 13
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH295
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2197
• Nemesis1165
Other Games
• WagamamaTV261
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
2h 19m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 19m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 19m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 10h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.