• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:40
CEST 20:40
KST 03:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9625 users

Life arrested on match-fixing charges - Page 63

Forum Index > SC2 General
1598 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 61 62 63 64 65 80 Next
On February 14 2016 08:59 Seeker wrote:
Starting from this page on, I will be moderating more harshly toward any mention of MarineKing's name. This thread has NOTHING to do with MarineKing. Do not talk about MarineKing even if you are defending him. Just don't do it. Please no match-fixing accusations on MarineKing or any other player if it has not officially been confirmed.


This goes for other players too. -The_Templar
Dumbledore
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden725 Posts
February 09 2016 14:12 GMT
#1241
The silence is killing me
Have a nice day ;)
HugoBallzak
Profile Joined November 2015
700 Posts
February 09 2016 14:32 GMT
#1242
The game vs solar is just way too blatant. Same thing as in the marineking game with pretending not to see the creep cept I guess they couldn't prove anything against MKP despite his excuse not passing the smell test. Life is widely considered top 3 in the world and would simply never make a mistake that dumb in a pro level game. His reaction was so fake too. Like, "Oh HAHAHA *smiles* lol omg solar you got me! I didn't expect a thing! lololol"

User was warned for this post
royalroadweed
Profile Joined April 2013
United States8301 Posts
February 09 2016 14:56 GMT
#1243
I hope there's an update soon. Regardless of innocence or guilt I need some closure.
"Nerfing Toss can just make them stronger"
Diabolique
Profile Joined June 2015
Czech Republic5118 Posts
February 09 2016 15:26 GMT
#1244
Zealously, speak or stay silent forever!
By the way, when they asked PartinG about Life, he did not want to talk about it, as he was saying, Life is his close friend.
sOs | Rogue | Maru | Trap | Scarlett | Snute | MC
brickrd
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States4894 Posts
February 09 2016 16:28 GMT
#1245
On February 09 2016 23:56 royalroadweed wrote:
I hope there's an update soon. Regardless of innocence or guilt I need some closure.

at this point i consider him 100% guilty unless an update says otherwise
TL+ Member
Steven SeBoomBoom
Profile Joined February 2016
1 Post
February 09 2016 16:40 GMT
#1246
I think clonester said it well already.I didnt know that life couldnt take any of the won money either.
Also I have a "poker background" if your curious there was also a massiv scandal some time ago, google ultimate beat, too much to lose.
It actually starts with quote:"If you make a Million a day, why would you possibily wanna steal another 20,30,40k, for what Reason?"
And well, therein is also the answer, no matter how much you can always add or make more.Now, debattedly if you make 500Millions a day maybe your incentive isnt that big but who even knows, there is a reason coruption is rampart everywhere.
But also in Tennis where Money is alot bigger, there is still probably alot of matchfixing going on.
So I havent looked at any games, I have no idea if he cheated or not but going from the standpoint hes so good he made enough money is very naiv if not stupid.
suddendeathTV
Profile Joined January 2012
Sweden388 Posts
February 09 2016 16:40 GMT
#1247
On February 10 2016 01:28 brickrd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2016 23:56 royalroadweed wrote:
I hope there's an update soon. Regardless of innocence or guilt I need some closure.

at this point i consider him 100% guilty unless an update says otherwise


That's a weird way of thinking. Guilty until proven innocent, eh?

Doesn't look good though, but let's wait for confirmations before we judge him based on something we heard from a forum.
Information is everything
MRSA_SC2
Profile Joined January 2016
Germany19 Posts
February 09 2016 16:46 GMT
#1248
Regardless of the verdict, Life seems to have become a victim of the state of emergency in south Korea
Flonomenalz
Profile Joined May 2011
Nigeria3519 Posts
February 09 2016 16:57 GMT
#1249
I... loved Life.

This is heart breaking. Utterly and completely heartbreaking.

I don't even know if I can watch Starcraft any more.
I love crazymoving
CheddarToss
Profile Joined September 2015
534 Posts
February 09 2016 16:59 GMT
#1250
On February 10 2016 01:46 MRSA_SC2 wrote:
Regardless of the verdict, Life seems to have become a victim of the state of emergency in south Korea

If he did fix matches, then how is he a victim?
Steelo_Rivers
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States1968 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-09 18:47:32
February 09 2016 17:16 GMT
#1251
I'm willing to be any amount of money that these players/coaches decided not to match-fix once after being pressured to do it multiple times by big wigs, and they decided to use whatever they could to punish them for it. Cases like this aer usually a lot deeper than:

"Yea, I received $5k in order to throw this game"

It's usually more like:

"I was threatened and told that if I did not accept the money and throw the game, that I'd never be able to play the game on stage again."

But you know, the media says something and everyone just listens. Blindly. I could be wrong in more ways than 1 but, I'd imagine that the situation isn't as simple as people believe. If SK REALLY has a 98% conviction rate when it comes to stuff like this, I'd imagine it's because the few players/coaches that are arrested for it were propositioned by someone that has the power (or someone close to them) to put them away.

This is not a "conspiracy theory" either. Corruption exists everywhere, SK isn't immune or exempt from this truth (this truth being corruption).
ok
Mier19891
Profile Joined May 2015
United States75 Posts
February 09 2016 17:21 GMT
#1252
Every time this thread gets bumped i allow myself to hope for some resolution, and every time I'm disappointed by speculative fact-free nonsense. I hope they post the decision in a new thread because I'm done with this one.
MRSA_SC2
Profile Joined January 2016
Germany19 Posts
February 09 2016 17:24 GMT
#1253
On February 10 2016 01:59 CheddarToss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2016 01:46 MRSA_SC2 wrote:
Regardless of the verdict, Life seems to have become a victim of the state of emergency in south Korea

If he did fix matches, then how is he a victim?


I cannot argue with you on this matter since i do not know which country you come from. However I would say that south Korea is usually regarded as a country where western values have made an influential impact on the political system.
nighcol
Profile Joined January 2012
298 Posts
February 09 2016 17:50 GMT
#1254
On February 10 2016 02:21 Mier19891 wrote:
Every time this thread gets bumped i allow myself to hope for some resolution, and every time I'm disappointed by speculative fact-free nonsense. I hope they post the decision in a new thread because I'm done with this one.


Oh, I'm certain any major news will be shouted from the rooftops and definitely not buried inside this thread. Maybe something very, very minor would only get a post in this thread. Maybe.
blackxored
Profile Joined August 2014
25 Posts
February 09 2016 18:05 GMT
#1255
Wanna hear conspiracy theories? All of WCS changes was just the lovely Olivia Pope doing damage control for Blizzard as the Korean SC2 scene was about to go whoops.

Now on a serious note for those without too much Netflix on their system, this is really sad. Hard to make someone's mind without conclusion, but the kid is my SC2 idol, and 2nd best player of all time, perhaps on his way to become the 1st given how young he is.

BibleThump anyone?

User was warned for this post
iloveav
Profile Joined November 2008
Poland1484 Posts
February 09 2016 18:11 GMT
#1256
On February 10 2016 03:05 blackxored wrote:
Wanna hear conspiracy theories? All of WCS changes was just the lovely Olivia Pope doing damage control for Blizzard as the Korean SC2 scene was about to go whoops.

Now on a serious note for those without too much Netflix on their system, this is really sad. Hard to make someone's mind without conclusion, but the kid is my SC2 idol, and 2nd best player of all time, perhaps on his way to become the 1st given how young he is.

BibleThump anyone?


how about blizzard killing sc2 when it no longer brings profits from sales?
aka LRM)Cats_Paw.
MRSA_SC2
Profile Joined January 2016
Germany19 Posts
February 09 2016 18:16 GMT
#1257
On February 10 2016 03:05 blackxored wrote:
Wanna hear conspiracy theories? All of WCS changes was just the lovely Olivia Pope doing damage control for Blizzard as the Korean SC2 scene was about to go whoops.

Now on a serious note for those without too much Netflix on their system, this is really sad. Hard to make someone's mind without conclusion, but the kid is my SC2 idol, and 2nd best player of all time, perhaps on his way to become the 1st given how young he is.

BibleThump anyone?


I can definitely feel for you here. I remember when my Tennis idol retired many years ago, i lost motive to continue watching the sport religiously and actually over some two years to the point where i completely stopped, since i had to prioritize my free time.
brickrd
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States4894 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-09 18:30:14
February 09 2016 18:25 GMT
#1258
On February 10 2016 01:40 sd_andeh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2016 01:28 brickrd wrote:
On February 09 2016 23:56 royalroadweed wrote:
I hope there's an update soon. Regardless of innocence or guilt I need some closure.

at this point i consider him 100% guilty unless an update says otherwise


That's a weird way of thinking. Guilty until proven innocent, eh?

Doesn't look good though, but let's wait for confirmations before we judge him based on something we heard from a forum.

uhh... he was arrested and charged by the police, that's not hearing a rumor from a forum.

fortunately for life i'm not prosecuting him nor on a jury judging him. i'm simply making an observation based on intuition. the situation looks bad, and i believe he's guilty. i don't owe it to anyone to withhold judgment. since i am not the law and don't control anything about life's... life... i don't have to be fair. my opinion is irrelevant to him.

this thread currently serves absolutely no purpose but to speculate about what happened/will happen. so if you're against speculation and intuitive judgment, why post here?
TL+ Member
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
February 09 2016 18:36 GMT
#1259
On February 10 2016 01:57 Flonomenalz wrote:
I... loved Life.

This is heart breaking. Utterly and completely heartbreaking.

I don't even know if I can watch Starcraft any more.


StarCraft isn't just one guy though. If you like to play the game and not just watching it, there's no reason to stop.
Grizvok
Profile Joined August 2014
United States711 Posts
February 09 2016 18:56 GMT
#1260
On February 10 2016 02:16 Steelo_Rivers wrote:
I'm willing to be any amount of money that these players/coaches decided not to match-fix once after being pressured to do it multiple times by big wigs, and they decided to use whatever they could to punish them for it. Cases like this aer usually a lot deeper than:

"Yea, I received $5k in order to throw this game"

It's usually more like:

"I was threatened and told that if I did not accept the money and throw the game, that I'd never be able to play the game on stage again."

But you know, the media says something and everyone just listens. Blindly. I could be wrong in more ways than 1 but, I'd imagine that the situation isn't as simple as people believe. If SK REALLY has a 98% conviction rate when it comes to stuff like this, I'd imagine it's because the few players/coaches that are arrested for it were propositioned by someone that has the power (or someone close to them) to put them away.

This is not a "conspiracy theory" either. Corruption exists everywhere, SK isn't immune or exempt from this truth (this truth being corruption).


This is the definition of conspiracy theory.
Prev 1 61 62 63 64 65 80 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 360
ProTech164
UpATreeSC 123
BRAT_OK 91
MindelVK 27
Railgan 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2126
Bisu 1047
Dewaltoss 129
Shinee 49
Trap 29
Bale 24
scan(afreeca) 15
Dota 2
XaKoH 559
420jenkins423
Counter-Strike
fl0m4539
pashabiceps864
Fnx 642
x6flipin216
kRYSTAL_22
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3350
Liquid`Hasu484
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1708
FrodaN885
B2W.Neo303
Livibee175
C9.Mang0154
TKL 102
QueenE79
RotterdaM59
Mew2King35
JuggernautJason11
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV213
BasetradeTV194
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 12
• Adnapsc2 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 42
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3123
• TFBlade666
Other Games
• Shiphtur1252
• imaqtpie711
• WagamamaTV360
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 20m
Patches Events
21h 20m
The PondCast
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.