• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:27
CEST 02:27
KST 09:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9221 users

Welcome x5.Pigeon!

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Namakaye
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia114 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-02 13:01:14
July 02 2015 12:59 GMT
#1
[image loading]

Team Exile5 are proud to announce the addition of the ACL Sydney 2015 winner, Pigeon, to our professional Starcraft 2 roster.

The team have been on the lookout for a talented Protoss player. Being the first Protoss to ever win an ACL event, we just couldn't resist. Witnessing Pigeon's exciting performance in person this past weekend at ACL Sydney, we knew we had to have him competing alongside PiG and KingkOng.

At the young age of 19, Pigeon has already accomplished so much (as you will read in the interview below). However we strongly feel that his best day's are still before him and that he has the potential to become a world class competitor. Team Exile5 are proud to support Pigeon in achieving eSports greatness.

Upon joining the team, James "Crescendo" O'Dwyer took some time to find out some more about Pigeon, his background, his goals and what made him decide to join Team Exile5.

[image loading]

Pigeon, the ACL Sydney Champion. Photo: Courtesy of ACLPro


C: G'day Pigeon! Congratulations on winning ACL!

Pigeon: Nice to meet you. Thank you for your congratulations.

C: Likewise. Great to see more protoss stirring the waters in SEA.

Pigeon: Yeah me too. It's been nearly four years.

C: How long have you been playing Starcraft? Is the ACL the first tournament you have won? If not, please tell us more about your past success too.

Pigeon: My first achievement was making it to WCS round of 16 in China in 2012. I came second at the MST championship. This is a tournament for rising star players in China. I was ECL champion in 2013. This was the biggest and most significant achievement in the Starcraft 2 career to date.

In addition, I've played weekly online competitions in China. All these achievements were while I was living in China. Then I came here to Australia.

C: When did you move to Australia and what are your goals with Starcraft 2 now that you live here?

Pigeon: I moved here last year in June. I now dream about being a top class Protoss. I'm currently busy undertaking foundation studies. When I finish this, I want to be a symbol of Protoss in South East Asia.

C: Will we see you in WCS?

Pigeon: Yeah for sure. I will do my best for it. It's the best stage in Starcraft 2.

C: Tell us about Team Exile5 and how you joined them.

Pigeon: Yeah I know x5 is a famous e-sports team because I saw KingkOng and PiG, these two very good player represent for x5. When I got into final at ACL, the team manager came to have a short conversation with me and told me a bit more about this fantastic team.

After I became winner of ACL, my friend suggested that I to join a professional e-sports team as it would help my SC2 career. So I investigated some teams and finally after I discussed with x5 manager, I decided that x5 is the best choice for me.

C: Exile5 will certainly benefit from having a strong protoss on their team. Will you also start participating in the Oseanic Championship Series events?

Pigeon: Wow I didn't even know about this. It looks good. If my study schedule permits then yes I will join in!

C: What are you studying?

Pigeon: Foundation program before University.

C: When not studying, or playing Starcraft, do you have any other hobbies that you enjoy?

Pigeon: Yeah I love watching Hollywood movies and Japanese animation! Also play a little bit of piano!

C: What style of music do you like to play?

Pigeon: Just some pop, but I also like classical.

C: If you could play one song to celebrate a victory, which song would you play?

Pigeon: Probably Higher by Erik Gronwall (if I can lol).

C: Wonderful Finally, do you have anything you'd like to say to the people who will watch you play Starcraft in the future? Also, what would you like to say to your rivals for WCS?

Pigeon: Yeah, I gave up Starcraft for whole year, but I am glad I can come back and win ACL. I realize Starcraft 2 has already become a necessary part of my life, and after ACL I can feel people's passion for Starcraft 2. It's different from China, so I will continue to practice and give my audiences, my friends good result, also for rising of SEA Protoss lol.

For my rivals I would like to say, do not only focus on ZVZ anymore! Finally, I want to thank my friends from team TOT which is a social clan of Starcraft. They encouraged me to join in ACL and have helped solving a lot of problems when i came here.

Also thanks x5 for give me this opportunity!

C: Good luck with WCS! We all look forward to seeing you compete in all the local events.

Pigeon: Thank you also.


Here's a few words from x5 Dot, Team Manager:

There was a moment at ACL Sydney last weekend when a dawning realisation came over me as I watched a competition completely devoid of a clear favourite to win for the first time ever. If KingkOng were to retire to focus on his real life studies/work, and if PiG were to retire to enjoy the caster life, x5 would be left with some very big holes to fill in its pro roster. Though they both play on, its not an unrealistic possibility someday, so I am extremely happy to see Pigeon come on board as our Protoss figurehead. And in some wonderful twist of fate, more than one person has already realised his name is PiG-eon! Yes, that was totally planned...


And lastly, some words from KingSlayer, SC2 Division Manager and x5 Team Manager:

So it goes without saying that I'm super excited to have Pigeon on the team. I was watching him closely at ACL Sydney this past weekend. I had a gut feeling that he would take the prize and before the event was over, I approached him to get a general feeling of where he's at in his eSports career and what aspirations he has. Well it kind of took off from there. I'm looking forward to seeing some exciting games throughout what promises to be an illustrious career in eSports and I can't wait to cheer him on.

GLHF x5.Pigeon!!!
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
July 02 2015 13:04 GMT
#2
PiG and Pigeon? Who will be next?
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
oGoZenob
Profile Joined December 2011
France1503 Posts
July 02 2015 13:06 GMT
#3
On July 02 2015 22:04 Elentos wrote:
PiG and Pigeon? Who will be next?

probably bunny
I like starcraft
XPA
Profile Joined January 2013
Germany242 Posts
July 02 2015 13:07 GMT
#4
On July 02 2015 22:04 Elentos wrote:
PiG and Pigeon? Who will be next?


Pigbaby?
DinosaurJones
Profile Joined February 2012
United States1000 Posts
July 02 2015 13:18 GMT
#5
An... an Australian Protoss? WHAT IS GOING ON IDON'TUNDERSTANDANYTHINGANYMORE
RPR_Tempest
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Australia7799 Posts
July 02 2015 13:54 GMT
#6
On July 02 2015 22:18 DinosaurJones wrote:
An... an Australian Protoss? WHAT IS GOING ON IDON'TUNDERSTANDANYTHINGANYMORE

Chinese, but living in Australia. Could he become as good as Jim or MacSed? Maybe, I guess time will tell.
Soundwave, Zerg player from Canberra, Australia. @SoundwaveSC
thickertom
Profile Joined December 2014
China612 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-02 14:37:33
July 02 2015 14:25 GMT
#7
In fact, he was WCS round of 24 in China in 2012
(Wiki)2012 StarCraft II World Championship Series/Asia/Nationals/China

ECL's champion was true.
Team C: (Wiki)Lyn, (Wiki)Shana and him
(Wiki)ECL 2013/Classic
I love SC2
Lexender
Profile Joined September 2013
Mexico2663 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-02 14:25:57
July 02 2015 14:25 GMT
#8
On July 02 2015 22:04 Elentos wrote:
PiG and Pigeon? Who will be next?


Pidgeot

Ok not a pig, but almost
thickertom
Profile Joined December 2014
China612 Posts
July 02 2015 14:31 GMT
#9
On July 02 2015 22:54 RPR_Tempest wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2015 22:18 DinosaurJones wrote:
An... an Australian Protoss? WHAT IS GOING ON IDON'TUNDERSTANDANYTHINGANYMORE

Chinese, but living in Australia. Could he become as good as Jim or MacSed? Maybe, I guess time will tell.


He is the same time as Jim and MacSed in fact.
It is known by the ID "鸽子" (translated from pigeon) around old Chinese SC2 players.
I love SC2
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
July 02 2015 14:33 GMT
#10
On July 02 2015 23:25 Lexender wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2015 22:04 Elentos wrote:
PiG and Pigeon? Who will be next?


Pidgeot

Ok not a pig, but almost

The 2nd best flying type.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2310
Artosis 683
White-Ra 109
910 45
Dota 2
monkeys_forever580
NeuroSwarm183
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv212
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe155
Heroes of the Storm
Trikslyr114
Other Games
summit1g8398
shahzam603
JimRising 543
C9.Mang0303
ArmadaUGS47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick783
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream318
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 113
• davetesta22
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 33m
Afreeca Starleague
9h 33m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
23h 33m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.