• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:20
CEST 01:20
KST 08:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9346 users

GSL Low quality Non-sub - Page 13

Forum Index > SC2 General
654 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 33 Next All
stuchiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Fiddler's Green42661 Posts
January 09 2015 17:58 GMT
#241
On January 10 2015 02:05 Lorning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2015 01:48 Penev wrote:
On January 10 2015 01:13 Lorning wrote:
On January 10 2015 00:48 Penev wrote:
On January 10 2015 00:47 Lorning wrote:
GOM is fucking pathetic these days.

You really are the new Shellbot

I've been hating on GOM for a while now, and not without reason

Oh, thought you were just stirring shit up. What else did they do wrong? I guess I missed some drama :o

My biggest problem with them is their decision to get rid of the GOMTV.net for this

I also ranted about their VOD system being shit, which it is


RIP single best Vod system in the entirety of esports
Moderator
Moxx82
Profile Joined August 2011
United States53 Posts
January 09 2015 18:00 GMT
#242
Ya I was bummed and didnt stick around long.
top 3 (sphincter) control
therabit
Profile Joined August 2011
795 Posts
January 09 2015 18:04 GMT
#243
meh, I used to subscribe to every season but they keep dropping the amount of games being broadcast and reduce the frequency of matches so I haven't bothered in a while. Was happy when tuned in the other day to actually be able to see the game but i guess I won't tune in anymore this season. SpoTV S2SL is just as good and SPL is superior so I have plenty to watch as is.
ReMinD_
Profile Joined May 2013
Croatia846 Posts
January 09 2015 18:07 GMT
#244
Where do you guys even find low quality VODs? I watched game 1 of each set on Youtube and want to see the rest.
Parting: Well, even I can make better maps than these.
Keeemy
Profile Joined November 2012
Finland7855 Posts
January 09 2015 18:08 GMT
#245
On January 10 2015 03:07 ReMinD_ wrote:
Where do you guys even find low quality VODs? I watched game 1 of each set on Youtube and want to see the rest.

I think you have to pay to get any VODs.
Hello
Keeemy
Profile Joined November 2012
Finland7855 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-09 18:12:14
January 09 2015 18:12 GMT
#246
On January 10 2015 01:33 Noocta wrote:
Here's TotalBiscuit opinion on it by the way

+ Show Spoiler +
https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/553585235129278464









The post is kinda big, if mods thinks I should spoiler the tweets to make it more manageable, I'll do it.

Bwaha for once I agree with TB.
Hello
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-09 18:18:16
January 09 2015 18:13 GMT
#247
Regarding GOM eXP's terrible VOD system:

Last October, I contacted GOM and explained to them that the majority of GOM eXP related feedback pertained to the terrible VOD system that exists right now. Here is the response that I received:

We are currently aware of the displeasure from our viewers regarding the bad VOD system. Unfortunately, due to our service coalition with twitch, what we have currently is the best we can do with VODs.

Back when we were GOMTV.net, we had our own webpage dedicated to VODs and we even had our own player. But as of right now, we have to use the twitch and YouTube systems so we cannot freely change our services as we'd like to. We are looking into securing a better and improved VOD viewing process for 2015. However, there is no announcement date for this yet.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
dabom88
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3483 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-09 18:42:07
January 09 2015 18:18 GMT
#248
https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/553587126571651076

Speaking of sponsor relations, MANY organizations have criticized GOM for not releasing overall stream numbers to the organizations. FXO for one. Those stream numbers are important to the organizations so that they can pass on to their sponsors how many viewers they got their brands out to.

Do they still not release Stream numbers, other than the Twitch numbers?
You should not have to pay to watch the GSL, Proleague, or OSL at a reasonable time. That is not "fine" and it's BS to say otherwise. My sig since 2011. http://www.youtube.com/user/dabom88
tenklavir
Profile Joined November 2010
Slovakia116 Posts
January 09 2015 18:25 GMT
#249
I loved GOMTV.net and its VOD system, and was a dedicated yearly ticket holder. Haven't watched a match since they went to Youtube/Twitch/whatever...
geokilla
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada8255 Posts
January 09 2015 18:35 GMT
#250
I guess more and more people will just pirate their VODs now. They're already very easy to find. No way will they get a cent from me.
ilikeredheads
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada1995 Posts
January 09 2015 18:48 GMT
#251
To anyone who thinks people are just being spoiled, almost all other sc2 tournaments offer HD quality for free and don't have a shitty VOD system. Even OGN's LOL champions series can now be streamed in HD for free when they used to be behind a paywall.

What GOM is doing is complete backwards and an insult to the foreign community. Only the English stream is limited by a paywall, while the Korean stream is intentionally region blocked. This is a pure money grab, a la EA style. In the short term, they might have increased revenue from hardcore fans who subscribe, but in the long run this only hurts the sc2 scene from growing. The low quality stream does help

The sad thing about all of this is that I highly doubt Blizzard is going to do anything about it, despite having specific rules stating that WCS events must provide free english stream in at least 720p.
kc2siq
Profile Joined April 2012
United States319 Posts
January 09 2015 18:57 GMT
#252
I've spent $200+ on gomtv.net but have yet to spend a single penny on gomexp. It's a shame, I really loved GOMTV.net and I still love the GSL because of all the memories. I used to pay for the quality when I was a college student and could stay up early in the morning.

But with a full-time job now, the vods are far more important to me and the shitty vod service just doesn't warrant it me paying.

At least with proleague, there're free videos up on esportstv.
Byun, best player in the world!
Thax
Profile Joined July 2014
Belgium1060 Posts
January 09 2015 19:02 GMT
#253
I don't watch GSL for this reason. I don't have the patience to sit through a grainy broadcast.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 09 2015 19:05 GMT
#254
On January 10 2015 03:48 ilikeredheads wrote:
To anyone who thinks people are just being spoiled, almost all other sc2 tournaments offer HD quality for free and don't have a shitty VOD system. Even OGN's LOL champions series can now be streamed in HD for free when they used to be behind a paywall.

What GOM is doing is complete backwards and an insult to the foreign community. Only the English stream is limited by a paywall, while the Korean stream is intentionally region blocked. This is a pure money grab, a la EA style. In the short term, they might have increased revenue from hardcore fans who subscribe, but in the long run this only hurts the sc2 scene from growing. The low quality stream does help

The sad thing about all of this is that I highly doubt Blizzard is going to do anything about it, despite having specific rules stating that WCS events must provide free english stream in at least 720p.


It's not about being spoiled imo, it's ridiculous to expect people to pay for stream quality in 2015. We're supposed to be past that.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Lazare1969
Profile Joined September 2014
United States318 Posts
January 09 2015 19:06 GMT
#255
Now all S2SL needs to do is grab some good casters and GOM is finished.
6 trillion
dUTtrOACh
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada2339 Posts
January 09 2015 19:09 GMT
#256
I wish I could watch some VODs (in English), even in low quality, without having to subscribe. Wednesday was a treat, and I knew it was too good to be true. I was able to sleep and then watch the games I missed the next day in whatever quality. Thanks GSL for the one day. I am debating whether or not I actually give a shit about GSL this season. Bought yearly subscriptions on gomtv.net back in the day, knowing that I was getting a good product. This twitch nonsense is just stupid. I don't want shitty little emotes, or to pay an additional $10 for a slightly higher quality stream than high. Has the winter made the staff at GomEXP daft?
twitch.tv/duttroach
AxiomBlurr
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
786 Posts
January 09 2015 19:12 GMT
#257
On January 10 2015 03:48 ilikeredheads wrote:
To anyone who thinks people are just being spoiled, almost all other sc2 tournaments offer HD quality for free and don't have a shitty VOD system. Even OGN's LOL champions series can now be streamed in HD for free when they used to be behind a paywall.

What GOM is doing is complete backwards and an insult to the foreign community. Only the English stream is limited by a paywall, while the Korean stream is intentionally region blocked. This is a pure money grab, a la EA style. In the short term, they might have increased revenue from hardcore fans who subscribe, but in the long run this only hurts the sc2 scene from growing. The low quality stream does help

The sad thing about all of this is that I highly doubt Blizzard is going to do anything about it, despite having specific rules stating that WCS events must provide free english stream in at least 720p.


Yeah I cannot see Blizz stepping up to the plate and doing something about it...

God I want them to though!!!

This is just a terrible state of affairs hurting an already fragile scene...

I usually suggest to people on the other games I play (Quakelive, Hearthstone, poker) to check out the GSL...there is totally no point in me doing so now...NO ONE, NO ONE can watch 360p in this day and age.
Boucot
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
France15997 Posts
January 09 2015 19:18 GMT
#258
Haha

Former SC2 writer for Millenium - twitter.com/Boucot
phodacbiet
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1740 Posts
January 09 2015 19:18 GMT
#259
On January 10 2015 03:48 ilikeredheads wrote:
To anyone who thinks people are just being spoiled, almost all other sc2 tournaments offer HD quality for free and don't have a shitty VOD system. Even OGN's LOL champions series can now be streamed in HD for free when they used to be behind a paywall.

What GOM is doing is complete backwards and an insult to the foreign community. Only the English stream is limited by a paywall, while the Korean stream is intentionally region blocked. This is a pure money grab, a la EA style. In the short term, they might have increased revenue from hardcore fans who subscribe, but in the long run this only hurts the sc2 scene from growing. The low quality stream does help

The sad thing about all of this is that I highly doubt Blizzard is going to do anything about it, despite having specific rules stating that WCS events must provide free english stream in at least 720p.


Which is why GOM is dying.
Shuffleblade
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden1903 Posts
January 09 2015 19:23 GMT
#260
I feel very upset at this, will probably buy in that case. Which I have done before but I still think this is a very underhanden measure. I sure hope Blizzard lays down the law, or no wcs points =D
Maru, Bomber, TY, Dear, Classic, DeParture and Rogue!
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 33 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings30
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O164
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1123
ZZZero.O 158
Bale 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm187
League of Legends
Doublelift4869
JimRising 704
Other Games
summit1g8791
FrodaN2796
KnowMe208
C9.Mang059
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1260
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1022
• Shiphtur182
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
10h 40m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
11h 40m
Monday Night Weeklies
16h 40m
Replay Cast
23h 40m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 11h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.