• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:13
CEST 10:13
KST 17:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Dating: How's your luck? Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7843 users

PartinG unable to play in 2015 Proleague - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
261 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13 14 Next All
pure.Wasted
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada4701 Posts
November 13 2014 05:00 GMT
#61
On November 13 2014 13:53 Phredxor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 13 2014 13:48 pure.Wasted wrote:
Hmm. Does nobody else think that SKT is behind this? Innovation and Dear can come back no problem, but Parting, Rain, and Fantasy get blacklisted? If Kespa is just being their usual tyrannical self, why not come down equally hard on everybody?


Inno and Dear are now playing for other KeSPA teams. Rain, Fanta and PartinG are not.

I'm sure if Fanta ends up joining another KeSPA team it'll be fine for him.


Oh, fuck me, of course that would be it. But the strange thing is... I imagine that financially, PartinG playing in PL is better for Kespa than not. He has his fans, he plays good games, lots of rivalries and drama and all that. And now he'll be bringing in foreign viewers as well. All good for Kespa, I would think. If PartinG just up and leaves Korea, what do they stand to gain from it? Nothing that I can see.

All right SKT, I'm sorry I said that stuff before. I didn't mean it.
INna Maru-da-FanTa, Bbaby, TY Dream that I'm Flashing you
Keeemy
Profile Joined November 2012
Finland7855 Posts
November 13 2014 05:15 GMT
#62
Well, that's stupid. Stooooopid I say.
Hello
Phredxor
Profile Joined May 2013
New Zealand15076 Posts
November 13 2014 05:15 GMT
#63
On November 13 2014 14:00 pure.Wasted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 13 2014 13:53 Phredxor wrote:
On November 13 2014 13:48 pure.Wasted wrote:
Hmm. Does nobody else think that SKT is behind this? Innovation and Dear can come back no problem, but Parting, Rain, and Fantasy get blacklisted? If Kespa is just being their usual tyrannical self, why not come down equally hard on everybody?


Inno and Dear are now playing for other KeSPA teams. Rain, Fanta and PartinG are not.

I'm sure if Fanta ends up joining another KeSPA team it'll be fine for him.


Oh, fuck me, of course that would be it. But the strange thing is... I imagine that financially, PartinG playing in PL is better for Kespa than not. He has his fans, he plays good games, lots of rivalries and drama and all that. And now he'll be bringing in foreign viewers as well. All good for Kespa, I would think. If PartinG just up and leaves Korea, what do they stand to gain from it? Nothing that I can see.

All right SKT, I'm sorry I said that stuff before. I didn't mean it.


No doubt you're right about that. But you can guarantee KeSPA will enforce their rules regardless. Iron fist!
bduddy
Profile Joined May 2012
United States1326 Posts
November 13 2014 05:20 GMT
#64
This is your reminder that KeSPA has always been a garbage organization that puts itself first and players last.
>Liquid'Nazgul: Of course you are completely right
Yakikorosu
Profile Joined March 2013
1203 Posts
November 13 2014 05:23 GMT
#65
I hope they get rid of this absurd rule. It might have made sense in BW but all this would accomplish is hurt the popularity of SPL.
astray71
Profile Joined February 2012
United States325 Posts
November 13 2014 05:26 GMT
#66
This rule is stupid, but it shows how much power Kespa has and how serious they take esports.
There is no victory without the blessing of god, and there is no god but Madlife.
laerteis
Profile Joined August 2012
United States78 Posts
November 13 2014 05:34 GMT
#67
KESPA: Abusing players since 2000.
support Axiom eSports http://www.axiomesports.com/
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
November 13 2014 05:34 GMT
#68
On November 13 2014 14:23 Yakikorosu wrote:
I hope they get rid of this absurd rule. It might have made sense in BW but all this would accomplish is hurt the popularity of SPL.


I don't think it made sense in Brood War either.
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
November 13 2014 05:39 GMT
#69
People are overreacting.

It's an archaic rule from Brood War, and it made sense during that era because KeSPA didn't want rich teams poaching all the talent and players having power to force transfers like spoiled football players. KeSPA's BW had a 10+ year life span, so having a 4 or 5 year period before "free agency" (that is, a player terminating his own contract instead of the team terminating it—based on how the events read—outside KeSPA's regular free agent period) made sense at the time. During that time, no players joined foreign teams so something like this never happened. Paying transfer fees made sense to allow the player to play for another team in Proleague. It's comparable to Champions League eligibility in football.

It's an oversight that they didn't adjust the rule for SC2, and I'd be surprised if they don't come to an agreement in this matter. KeSPA has relaxed their views on foreign teams and tournaments lately, and they don't want to mess up their positive vibes with a handful of players.

However, we don't know the full story regarding the contracts of the players in question. Did their contracts end? Did they just terminate their own contract? Did they quit? Did they reach a buy out of their contracts? We don't know. Simply blaming KeSPA without knowing the details is absurd.

And no I'm not agreeing with KeSPA. I am saying they have every right to enforce their own rules and their rules are based on reason however out of date, even though I think they should change it.
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
November 13 2014 05:40 GMT
#70
that sucks :/
I hope it gets resolved.
Moderatorlickypiddy
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-13 05:43:17
November 13 2014 05:41 GMT
#71
On November 13 2014 14:00 pure.Wasted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 13 2014 13:53 Phredxor wrote:
On November 13 2014 13:48 pure.Wasted wrote:
Hmm. Does nobody else think that SKT is behind this? Innovation and Dear can come back no problem, but Parting, Rain, and Fantasy get blacklisted? If Kespa is just being their usual tyrannical self, why not come down equally hard on everybody?


Inno and Dear are now playing for other KeSPA teams. Rain, Fanta and PartinG are not.

I'm sure if Fanta ends up joining another KeSPA team it'll be fine for him.


Oh, fuck me, of course that would be it. But the strange thing is... I imagine that financially, PartinG playing in PL is better for Kespa than not. He has his fans, he plays good games, lots of rivalries and drama and all that. And now he'll be bringing in foreign viewers as well. All good for Kespa, I would think. If PartinG just up and leaves Korea, what do they stand to gain from it? Nothing that I can see.

All right SKT, I'm sorry I said that stuff before. I didn't mean it.

You really think KeSPA cares about common sense?
On November 13 2014 14:39 lichter wrote:
People are overreacting.

It's an archaic rule from Brood War, and it made sense during that era because KeSPA didn't want rich teams poaching all the talent and players having power to force transfers like spoiled football players. KeSPA's BW had a 10+ year life span, so having a 4 or 5 year period before "free agency" (that is, a player terminating his own contract instead of the team terminating it—based on how the events read—outside KeSPA's regular free agent period) made sense at the time. During that time, no players joined foreign teams so something like this never happened. Paying transfer fees made sense to allow the player to play for another team in Proleague. It's comparable to Champions League eligibility in football.

It's an oversight that they didn't adjust the rule for SC2, and I'd be surprised if they don't come to an agreement in this matter. KeSPA has relaxed their views on foreign teams and tournaments lately, and they don't want to mess up their positive vibes with a handful of players.

However, we don't know the full story regarding the contracts of the players in question. Did their contracts end? Did they just terminate their own contract? Did they quit? Did they reach a buy out of their contracts? We don't know. Simply blaming KeSPA without knowing the details is absurd.

And no I'm not agreeing with KeSPA. I am saying they have every right to enforce their own rules and their rules are based on reason however out of date, even though I think they should change it.

I thought the official and accepted reason for PartinG, Rain, SoulKey and FanTa leaving was that they didn't renew their contracts?
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
biskit
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia355 Posts
November 13 2014 05:41 GMT
#72
I hope some sanity will prevail over archaic regulations.

Parting is an entertaining player, it would be a shame for everyone involved if he can't play in Proleague.
Bibu
Profile Joined August 2010
Russian Federation163 Posts
November 13 2014 05:41 GMT
#73
kespa best=)
twitch.tv/kaatv @kaajke instagram.com/kaajke
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
November 13 2014 05:52 GMT
#74
On November 13 2014 14:41 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 13 2014 14:39 lichter wrote:
People are overreacting.

It's an archaic rule from Brood War, and it made sense during that era because KeSPA didn't want rich teams poaching all the talent and players having power to force transfers like spoiled football players. KeSPA's BW had a 10+ year life span, so having a 4 or 5 year period before "free agency" (that is, a player terminating his own contract instead of the team terminating it—based on how the events read—outside KeSPA's regular free agent period) made sense at the time. During that time, no players joined foreign teams so something like this never happened. Paying transfer fees made sense to allow the player to play for another team in Proleague. It's comparable to Champions League eligibility in football.

It's an oversight that they didn't adjust the rule for SC2, and I'd be surprised if they don't come to an agreement in this matter. KeSPA has relaxed their views on foreign teams and tournaments lately, and they don't want to mess up their positive vibes with a handful of players.

However, we don't know the full story regarding the contracts of the players in question. Did their contracts end? Did they just terminate their own contract? Did they quit? Did they reach a buy out of their contracts? We don't know. Simply blaming KeSPA without knowing the details is absurd.

And no I'm not agreeing with KeSPA. I am saying they have every right to enforce their own rules and their rules are based on reason however out of date, even though I think they should change it.

I thought the official and accepted reason for PartinG, Rain, SoulKey and FanTa leaving was that they didn't renew their contracts?


The press release is vague as usual. As far as I know it doesn't say whether the contract was terminated and by whom, or if it just ran out. Saying "the contract ended" is vague because it doesn't explain why it ended. Of course, we'll likely never find out for sure.
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
Shinespark
Profile Joined June 2011
Chile843 Posts
November 13 2014 05:54 GMT
#75
Classic kespa bullshit
"I, for one, welcome our new Korean overlords."
Zerg.Zilla
Profile Joined February 2012
Hungary5029 Posts
November 13 2014 06:08 GMT
#76
C'mon man :/ without PartinG,Rain or Fantasy Proleague feels so empty
(•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■) ~Keep calm and inject Larva~
-Kyo-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Japan1927 Posts
November 13 2014 06:24 GMT
#77
kespa jail >.> mannn poor parting D:
Anime is cuter than you. Legacy of the Void GM Protoss Gameplay: twitch.tv/kyo7763 youtube.com/user/KyoStarcraft/
TL+ Member
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
November 13 2014 06:28 GMT
#78
Lol what the fuck
AdministratorBreak the chains
LockeTazeline
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
2390 Posts
November 13 2014 06:34 GMT
#79
I guess a guy can only have so much good news in a row. RIP reunited StarTale dream.
Feisty
Profile Joined December 2013
Vatican City State35 Posts
November 13 2014 06:35 GMT
#80
That's crazy, SC2 hasn't even been out for 5 years that rule needs to change!
Polt why so God
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 579
Larva 43
NotJumperer 41
Hyun 41
Killer 38
Bale 31
scan(afreeca) 29
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
Hm[arnc] 9
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto133
League of Legends
JimRising 470
Counter-Strike
ceh9551
edward74
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King111
Other Games
summit1g8262
olofmeister921
Coldzera 700
Happy312
Sick173
crisheroes0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick586
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2324
League of Legends
• Jankos792
• Stunt370
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 47m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2h 47m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
15h 47m
Patches Events
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.