• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:40
CEST 10:40
KST 17:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12302 users

Interview with Team Acer at Iron Forum Night

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
EZSC
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Taiwan25 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-19 08:01:50
August 17 2014 12:28 GMT
#1
[image loading]

Chinese Version
Iron Forum Night International Invitational on 2014 Aug 16-17 has successfully finished. Players from Team Acer with Sen as their mercenary, went up against the SC2 pro-team in Taiwan, yoe Flash Wolves (yoeFW) to compete for a 300,000 NTD prize pool. Before the event started, we sat down with Team Acer and had a nice little chat in the players lounge.

Sasha "Scarlett" Hostyn
Have you been to Taiwan before, what was your experience like?
Scarlett: This is my first time coming to Taiwan, I actually really like it here. I've been to China twice and it's quite similar.
First thing I thought was it's really really hot. I was in Korea and even that's not as hot.

What have you been doing since you arrived?
Scarlett: We came here two days ago and stayed in Taichung and stayed with yoeFW, yesterday we came to Taipei and went to Taipei 101

How do you feel about yoeFW and their players?
Scarlett: I think they're a really strong Starcraft team, with Ian Has both did really well in TeSL, Leenock and San are both really strong Korean players. So I am kind of scared to go up against them.

In the other interviews you mentioned that you were really into MOBA games, what do you think about Heroes of the Storm?
Scarlett: I played Heroes of the Storm a bunch a while ago. At the start of the alpha, I didn't like it too much so I am not that into it, but hopefully they'll change it and make it better before it does come out.

[image loading]

Coach: Hun "inuh" Park
Team Acer will go against yoeFW today, which player do you think is the strongest in yoeFW?
inuh: I think it will be San, he's a really strong protoss player. He played WCS EU season 2 and finished 2nd, everyone expected him to finish first but 2nd place is still great. I think he's the strongest player.

What kind of preparations have players done for the matches today?
inuh: To be honest, we didn't have special preparations for the matches. All players train everyday, so it's nothing new. Of course we watched replays from the players, especially after we knew the draft. We watched replays and went through what could happen.

It's fair to say that last week at Taiwan Open, a lot of Taiwanese players did a spetacular job, did this influence the players from Team Acer?
inuh: Yes I watched Taiwan Open and it was very surprising, because the tournament was very stacked, a lot of good Korean players were there and Sen won convincingly. I think everyone was happy that Sen won, very happy to have him on my team today.

Mun "MMA" Seong Won
During rehearsal, when the host asked (MMA) how did you win that game, you answered "I won when I started mining". Does that mean you have a lot of confidence going up against the opponent today?
MMA: Haha, that was just rehearsal so I was more provoking, but I know the yoeFW players were very strong so I was slightly worried... still worrying now...

When you played Has last time, he beat you with a weird tactic, have you thought about what you could've done to beat Has?
MMA: At the time I wasn't familiar with Has' style, but now I have a better understanding of his early aggression and tactics, it's still hard to defend even when you know it's coming. Later on Innovation will go up against Has, I think Innovation will win.

So you did this AMA back in Feb 2014, how do you feel about it? Will you do another one?
MMA: Too many questions.... But I think I can handle 2-3 every year.

This AMA was done in Feb, 2014, so...... time for you to do another AMA?
MMA: (slightly shocked) Ahhh..... Yes! I will do!

[image loading]

Lee "INnoVation" Shin Hyung
In this patch there's a widow mine change, do you feel it helped the Terran race? Is the game more balanced?
INnoVation: When the widow mine first came out it was a very good unit for Terran, became worse for Terran when it got nerfed, and recently buffed again. I think it helps the Terran race, I can't feel it myself, perhaps I am not good enough with it.

Since you and MMA were the only two Terrans on the team, how do you help each other?
INnoVation: Can't think of any interesting stories, but MMA gives me many advice and encouragement on my career, I am very thankful.

Yang "Sen" Chia Cheng
How did you spend your TWOP 1st prize winnings?
Sen: You really want me to answer that? (Laughter among press and players)

How did you join HKeSports? Any interesting stories?
Sen: The whole thing was actually pretty sudden, I met the owner and feel that he was a great guy. He provided a great environment for me to preform, I am very grateful for the opportunity he's given me. Not many interesting stories since... I ... I don't have teamates. (Laughter)
Sen: Which is why working with Team Acer is great, thanks for the opportunity given by TeSL and yoeFW, now I have teamates, which I can rely on and be relied upon, it's a great feeling.

So are you going to beat yoeFW?
Sen: Yes, we will own them.

Are you close with any of the players from Team Acer?
Sen: The closest player should be MMA, and I played with Scarlett before, got owned in a WCS game few weeks ago, not too many interactions with INnoVation.

[image loading]

Team Acer later won 5-4 over yoe Flash Wolves. Here are the VODS casted by Artosis and Moonglade.
For more information and pictures, please check out the Iron Forum Official Site, Team Acer Official Site.

Reporter and editor of eGamers @ http://sc2.egamers.tw/
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
August 17 2014 13:23 GMT
#2
Thanks for the interview! Shame that Innovation only responded to two things. :S
kiss kiss fall in love
EZSC
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Taiwan25 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-17 15:29:43
August 17 2014 13:34 GMT
#3
On August 17 2014 22:23 IntoTheheart wrote:
Thanks for the interview! Shame that Innovation only responded to two things. :S


Yes I wish there was more questions for all the players as well. Huge thanks to the editor of Iron Forum for giving us the opportunity to interview them!
Reporter and editor of eGamers @ http://sc2.egamers.tw/
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-17 14:44:24
August 17 2014 14:36 GMT
#4
Those are such Innovation answers. I feel like if you asked someone "how would Innovation answer these questions?", that's how they would answer.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
rice_devOurer
Profile Joined July 2012
United States773 Posts
August 17 2014 14:39 GMT
#5
On August 17 2014 22:23 IntoTheheart wrote:
Thanks for the interview! Shame that Innovation only responded to two things. :S

he had to go back to stare at that blank wall
IN SOVIET RUSSIA ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\ Table Flips you
Lazzi
Profile Joined June 2011
Switzerland1923 Posts
August 17 2014 15:07 GMT
#6
wow is that Scarlett with red hair?!?
It's good to be back
Darkdwarf
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Sweden960 Posts
August 17 2014 15:10 GMT
#7
On August 18 2014 00:07 Lazzi wrote:
wow is that Scarlett with red hair?!?


Yes indeed. http://imgur.com/a/PVoEC#qhjrpfh
Teams: IM, Jin Air, Invictus || Players: Maru, GuMiho, INnoVation, Ryung, sOs, Squirtle, NaNiwa, Has, Zoun, Life, Rogue, Dark
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
August 17 2014 15:57 GMT
#8
Acer always win them teamleagues
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
watchlulu
Profile Joined February 2013
Germany475 Posts
August 17 2014 17:09 GMT
#9
Wow this Style is really fitting Scarlett, she looks great!
Have a nice day!
SmoKim
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark10305 Posts
August 18 2014 09:56 GMT
#10
Really cool live event from IronForum Night, looked like a huuge succes Artosis and Moonglade were good casters. It was cool that it went to the Ace(re)match between Innovation and Leenock. Gratz on the 10.000$ and GG ^^
"LOL I have 202 supply right now (3 minutes later)..."LOL NOW I HAVE 220 SUPPLY SUP?!?!?" - Mondragon
GumBa
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United Kingdom31935 Posts
August 18 2014 11:58 GMT
#11
INno aint got time for interviews!
To all the haters: you deserve to witness many, many more Serral victories, worthy of the godlike player he is.
Champi
Profile Joined March 2010
1422 Posts
August 18 2014 12:59 GMT
#12
didn't even recognize Scarlett lol
Josh_Video
Profile Joined August 2013
Canada798 Posts
August 18 2014 17:03 GMT
#13
Did they really fly Inno, MMA and Scarlett out to Taiwan for a $1000 USD prize pool?
MKP :D ~ MMA ~ Scarlett ~ Taeja ~ Mvp ~ InnoVation ~ Polt | Prime ( RIP :( ) ~ Acer ~ SK Telecom T1 | I enjoyed the locust war of May 3, 2014.
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
August 18 2014 17:13 GMT
#14
Honestly these questions could have been better.
I think the interviewer was too safe by asking very mundane questions such as :So are you going to beat yoeFW?

Seriously...what kind of answer do people expect when they ask questions like that?

moo...for DRG
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
August 18 2014 17:22 GMT
#15
On August 19 2014 02:03 Josh_Video wrote:
Did they really fly Inno, MMA and Scarlett out to Taiwan for a $1000 USD prize pool?

$10 000
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
August 18 2014 17:24 GMT
#16
On August 19 2014 02:13 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Honestly these questions could have been better.
I think the interviewer was too safe by asking very mundane questions such as :So are you going to beat yoeFW?

Seriously...what kind of answer do people expect when they ask questions like that?



If you think those questions are bad, you should have heard the ones they asked during the winner's interviews.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
mau5mat
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
Northern Ireland461 Posts
August 18 2014 17:29 GMT
#17
Scarlett looking well!
Josh_Video
Profile Joined August 2013
Canada798 Posts
August 18 2014 17:30 GMT
#18
On August 19 2014 02:22 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2014 02:03 Josh_Video wrote:
Did they really fly Inno, MMA and Scarlett out to Taiwan for a $1000 USD prize pool?

$10 000


30,000 NTD = ~1,000 USD

http://twd.fxexchangerate.com/usd/30000-currency-rates.html

or am I missing something?
MKP :D ~ MMA ~ Scarlett ~ Taeja ~ Mvp ~ InnoVation ~ Polt | Prime ( RIP :( ) ~ Acer ~ SK Telecom T1 | I enjoyed the locust war of May 3, 2014.
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-18 17:34:21
August 18 2014 17:34 GMT
#19
On August 19 2014 02:30 Josh_Video wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2014 02:22 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On August 19 2014 02:03 Josh_Video wrote:
Did they really fly Inno, MMA and Scarlett out to Taiwan for a $1000 USD prize pool?

$10 000


30,000 NTD = ~1,000 USD

http://twd.fxexchangerate.com/usd/30000-currency-rates.html

or am I missing something?


I think it's a typo then. It's 10k according to Acer
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
EZSC
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Taiwan25 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-19 22:12:17
August 19 2014 08:10 GMT
#20
On August 19 2014 02:30 Josh_Video wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2014 02:22 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On August 19 2014 02:03 Josh_Video wrote:
Did they really fly Inno, MMA and Scarlett out to Taiwan for a $1000 USD prize pool?

$10 000


30,000 NTD = ~1,000 USD

http://twd.fxexchangerate.com/usd/30000-currency-rates.html

or am I missing something?


Yes, that was a typo, my bad.

On August 19 2014 02:13 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Honestly these questions could have been better.
I think the interviewer was too safe by asking very mundane questions such as :So are you going to beat yoeFW?

Seriously...what kind of answer do people expect when they ask questions like that?



Sorry about the confusion, perhaps I wasn't translating it properly.

It was near the end of interview, they were going to get on stage soon so we (multiple reporters) were just pumping them up, the vibe of the question feels more like "LET"S GO OWN THEM! WHAT DO YOU SAY!"

But you're right, I do agree the questions could be better.
Reporter and editor of eGamers @ http://sc2.egamers.tw/
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 871
Hyuk 532
soO 429
Mini 191
ZerO 121
Killer 59
Shinee 50
Mind 41
Mong 28
Bale 27
[ Show more ]
PianO 24
ZergMaN 13
HiyA 12
Terrorterran 11
yabsab 10
Dota 2
XaKoH 796
XcaliburYe335
League of Legends
JimRising 447
Counter-Strike
byalli523
Other Games
olofmeister827
ceh9633
Happy339
crisheroes188
Livibee180
Mew2King63
ArmadaUGS59
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick584
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH384
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2278
League of Legends
• Jankos1365
• Rush1205
• Stunt411
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 20m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
2h 20m
Monday Night Weeklies
7h 20m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 15h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.