• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:50
CEST 09:50
KST 16:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11853 users

yoeFWHui retires. - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
35 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
BreAKerTV
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Taiwan1658 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-08 23:01:42
March 08 2014 21:35 GMT
#21
I'm sure he will continue streaming and playing the game, but he may not play as hard as he has in the past. I feel like this will be better for him.

This all happened without anyone telling me, and I must admit that I found out this bit of info from looking at yoeFW's liquipedia page as well.
On March 09 2014 03:35 habeck wrote:
this is featured news, but this is the first time i heard about this guy? Sc2 is strange

I think it's quite normal. I feel the Taiwanese players are about as strong as the North American players (although in WCS America 2014 Season 1, the only North American we've seen play against a Taiwanese pro was yoeFWIan vs. Puck, and Puck won that series.)

Add to that the language barrier. You never had to go looking for one of these guys before. Try google searching Li Lian Jie or Chen Long and I think you'll get an idea of what I mean.
Retired caster / streamer "BingeHD". Digital Nomad.
NeThZOR
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
South Africa7387 Posts
March 08 2014 23:26 GMT
#22
Farewell Hui
SuperNova - 2015 | SKT1 fan for years | Dear, FlaSh, PartinG, Soulkey, Naniwa
Paljas
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6926 Posts
March 08 2014 23:34 GMT
#23
Farewell and good luck
TL+ Member
Deleted User 123474
Profile Joined November 2010
292 Posts
March 09 2014 03:24 GMT
#24
On March 09 2014 06:35 BreAKerTV wrote:
I'm sure he will continue streaming and playing the game, but he may not play as hard as he has in the past. I feel like this will be better for him.

This all happened without anyone telling me, and I must admit that I found out this bit of info from looking at yoeFW's liquipedia page as well.
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2014 03:35 habeck wrote:
this is featured news, but this is the first time i heard about this guy? Sc2 is strange

I think it's quite normal. I feel the Taiwanese players are about as strong as the North American players (although in WCS America 2014 Season 1, the only North American we've seen play against a Taiwanese pro was yoeFWIan vs. Puck, and Puck won that series.)

Add to that the language barrier. You never had to go looking for one of these guys before. Try google searching Li Lian Jie or Chen Long and I think you'll get an idea of what I mean.

I've tried those searches and I get two famous Chinese people. What does it mean??!

I'm really not trying to be obtuse, I just can't understand your point.
heartlxp
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1258 Posts
March 09 2014 05:20 GMT
#25
On March 09 2014 12:24 Komentaja wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2014 06:35 BreAKerTV wrote:
I'm sure he will continue streaming and playing the game, but he may not play as hard as he has in the past. I feel like this will be better for him.

This all happened without anyone telling me, and I must admit that I found out this bit of info from looking at yoeFW's liquipedia page as well.
On March 09 2014 03:35 habeck wrote:
this is featured news, but this is the first time i heard about this guy? Sc2 is strange

I think it's quite normal. I feel the Taiwanese players are about as strong as the North American players (although in WCS America 2014 Season 1, the only North American we've seen play against a Taiwanese pro was yoeFWIan vs. Puck, and Puck won that series.)

Add to that the language barrier. You never had to go looking for one of these guys before. Try google searching Li Lian Jie or Chen Long and I think you'll get an idea of what I mean.

I've tried those searches and I get two famous Chinese people. What does it mean??!

I'm really not trying to be obtuse, I just can't understand your point.


hui looks like jackie chan?
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
March 09 2014 05:33 GMT
#26
On March 09 2014 12:24 Komentaja wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2014 06:35 BreAKerTV wrote:
I'm sure he will continue streaming and playing the game, but he may not play as hard as he has in the past. I feel like this will be better for him.

This all happened without anyone telling me, and I must admit that I found out this bit of info from looking at yoeFW's liquipedia page as well.
On March 09 2014 03:35 habeck wrote:
this is featured news, but this is the first time i heard about this guy? Sc2 is strange

I think it's quite normal. I feel the Taiwanese players are about as strong as the North American players (although in WCS America 2014 Season 1, the only North American we've seen play against a Taiwanese pro was yoeFWIan vs. Puck, and Puck won that series.)

Add to that the language barrier. You never had to go looking for one of these guys before. Try google searching Li Lian Jie or Chen Long and I think you'll get an idea of what I mean.

I've tried those searches and I get two famous Chinese people. What does it mean??!

I'm really not trying to be obtuse, I just can't understand your point.


I think he's basically saying that there's a lot of high-profile people in other cultures that are mostly ignored by the West (and vice versa) largely because of language/culture barriers.

Li Jian Lie was fairly unknown in Hollywood/Western cinema until he starred in Lethal Weapon, despite being a successful actor for 16 years prior (though some probably knew him from Once Upon a Time in China). There are quite a few celebrities from Asia that have no presence in the West, until the West has a reason to pay attention to them.
Average means I'm better than half of you.
mostevil
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom611 Posts
March 09 2014 11:30 GMT
#27
On March 09 2014 14:33 WolfintheSheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2014 12:24 Komentaja wrote:
On March 09 2014 06:35 BreAKerTV wrote:
I'm sure he will continue streaming and playing the game, but he may not play as hard as he has in the past. I feel like this will be better for him.

This all happened without anyone telling me, and I must admit that I found out this bit of info from looking at yoeFW's liquipedia page as well.
On March 09 2014 03:35 habeck wrote:
this is featured news, but this is the first time i heard about this guy? Sc2 is strange

I think it's quite normal. I feel the Taiwanese players are about as strong as the North American players (although in WCS America 2014 Season 1, the only North American we've seen play against a Taiwanese pro was yoeFWIan vs. Puck, and Puck won that series.)

Add to that the language barrier. You never had to go looking for one of these guys before. Try google searching Li Lian Jie or Chen Long and I think you'll get an idea of what I mean.

I've tried those searches and I get two famous Chinese people. What does it mean??!

I'm really not trying to be obtuse, I just can't understand your point.


I think he's basically saying that there's a lot of high-profile people in other cultures that are mostly ignored by the West (and vice versa) largely because of language/culture barriers.

Li Jian Lie was fairly unknown in Hollywood/Western cinema until he starred in Lethal Weapon, despite being a successful actor for 16 years prior (though some probably knew him from Once Upon a Time in China). There are quite a few celebrities from Asia that have no presence in the West, until the West has a reason to pay attention to them.

That comment definitely demands some decoding. Seems more like TeSL hipsterism than a relevant point in this case, surely we all know who Jet Li is... Saying he's only really had exposure in TeSL would have sufficed and made a whole lot more sense.
我的媽和她的瘋狂的外甥都
BreAKerTV
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Taiwan1658 Posts
March 09 2014 11:32 GMT
#28
On March 09 2014 14:33 WolfintheSheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2014 12:24 Komentaja wrote:
On March 09 2014 06:35 BreAKerTV wrote:
I'm sure he will continue streaming and playing the game, but he may not play as hard as he has in the past. I feel like this will be better for him.

This all happened without anyone telling me, and I must admit that I found out this bit of info from looking at yoeFW's liquipedia page as well.
On March 09 2014 03:35 habeck wrote:
this is featured news, but this is the first time i heard about this guy? Sc2 is strange

I think it's quite normal. I feel the Taiwanese players are about as strong as the North American players (although in WCS America 2014 Season 1, the only North American we've seen play against a Taiwanese pro was yoeFWIan vs. Puck, and Puck won that series.)

Add to that the language barrier. You never had to go looking for one of these guys before. Try google searching Li Lian Jie or Chen Long and I think you'll get an idea of what I mean.

I've tried those searches and I get two famous Chinese people. What does it mean??!

I'm really not trying to be obtuse, I just can't understand your point.


I think he's basically saying that there's a lot of high-profile people in other cultures that are mostly ignored by the West (and vice versa) largely because of language/culture barriers.

Li Jian Lie was fairly unknown in Hollywood/Western cinema until he starred in Lethal Weapon, despite being a successful actor for 16 years prior (though some probably knew him from Once Upon a Time in China). There are quite a few celebrities from Asia that have no presence in the West, until the West has a reason to pay attention to them.

Basically this.

The only real arena that yoeFWHui ever competed in for years was TeSL, and TeSL never had a live English stream (although I do provide a cast via replays on every weekend) that was broadcasted to the mainstream western public like the way GSL and Pro League is done modern days.

It also wouldn't surprise me to hear that you've never heard of Softball or Fly.
Retired caster / streamer "BingeHD". Digital Nomad.
lessQQmorePEWPEW
Profile Joined November 2011
Jamaica921 Posts
March 10 2014 03:23 GMT
#29
Smart decision to be leaving sc2 in its decline. gl in life my friend.
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly - Bob Marley
Rus_Brain
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Russian Federation1894 Posts
March 30 2014 12:21 GMT
#30
Poor Hui
patyrykin.net
reps)Largo
Profile Joined October 2011
Russian Federation192 Posts
March 30 2014 12:24 GMT
#31
Poor tiny Hui
reps)Plumbum
Profile Joined July 2011
Russian Federation484 Posts
March 30 2014 12:59 GMT
#32
^ trollers,
hui in russian means penis
29 fps
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States5725 Posts
March 30 2014 13:08 GMT
#33
On March 30 2014 21:59 reps)Plumbum wrote:
^ trollers,
hui in russian means penis


I think that explains why he's so popular in russia.
4v4 is a battle of who has the better computer.
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
March 30 2014 13:10 GMT
#34
That's a shame, I have never really watched him that many times, but he is always at the top of the non featured streamer list. Obviously a great entertainer for many, sad to see him go. GL in the future Hui !
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
March 30 2014 13:21 GMT
#35
On March 30 2014 22:08 29 fps wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2014 21:59 reps)Plumbum wrote:
^ trollers,
hui in russian means penis


I think that explains why he's so popular in russia.

Maybe it's related to the retirement too :/

Jokes aside, I wonder if he meant he would try to go pro in league
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
Rus_Brain
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Russian Federation1894 Posts
March 30 2014 19:28 GMT
#36
On March 30 2014 21:59 reps)Plumbum wrote:
^ trollers,
hui in russian means penis
o_O
lolwatt?
patyrykin.net
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
hero 660
soO 527
BeSt 402
Hyuk 394
Killer 47
Mind 41
Shinee 34
Mong 30
Bale 25
ZergMaN 12
[ Show more ]
yabsab 9
Dota 2
monkeys_forever932
XaKoH 615
XcaliburYe188
League of Legends
JimRising 516
Other Games
summit1g9655
olofmeister727
ceh9559
Happy315
Livibee162
Mew2King81
ArmadaUGS53
crisheroes46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick551
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH368
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2307
League of Legends
• Rush1385
• Stunt438
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 10m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
3h 10m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 10m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.