• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:25
CEST 09:25
KST 16:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9674 users

[Interview] Axiom-Acer, GSTL S2 Champions

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Mintie
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia563 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-26 22:46:08
November 26 2013 22:39 GMT
#1
Axiom - "True professionals do their talking with skill and results."
Hot6 GSTL S2 Winners! Talking with Axiom-Acer's Innovation, Alicia and Crank.

Source: ThisIsGame

[image loading]

In a series that went all the way to the ace match, Axiom-Acer were able to grab the trophy.

Axiom-Acer, on the 23rd at the GOMTV Gangnam Studios, defeated Azubu in the 2nd match, then also defeated them in the final ace match to claim the championship.

Congratulations on your victory. I'm curious about how you feel.

Innovation: I feel even incredible because we won in such a close match. There were moments where I felt that we had lost. Being able to comeback from a situation like that makes it feel that much better.

Crank: We prepared hard, but yesterday we just didn't have a lot of luck. It felt like every build that we prepared got sniped. It was really difficult, but we worked hard to lift the mood in the team and I think that led to todays results. I feel amazing.

Alicia: I've had a good win-rate vs Zerg so I felt confident and it worked out well. Playing Haeundae you play from behind at the outset so I improvised a build and I'm really happy that I was able to record a victory. Of course, I wanted to finish the match off for my team so I feel disappointed that I wasn't able to. (laughter)

You must have been so nervous.

Innovation: In the case of Frost, I thought I had pretty much lost. I put all my hope into building enough Hellions and Vikings for victory and I was just able to make enough to win. I had a lot going for me in the ace match, but I didn't cope that well and won in a difficult match.

In the first series of the finals, you lost 1:4.

Crank: After the match-ups were announced, I practised defending a proxy 11/11 rax about a 100 times. Just before the match, I switched my build around and I faced an 11/11 rax. I could have won if I had believed in myself, but I left a lot to be desired. I think that made it harder.

The mood must not have been great after losing the first series.

Crank: Because everybody in the team has a lot of experience, we knew that it wasn't over. We had a lot of confidence that we could win today, and I think because of that we were able to be the champions.

You've become the only player to win Proleague and GSTL

Innovation: When I won Proleague with STX, I felt that I played the role of Ace player for the team. Today, when I was in the booth playing the final Ace match, for an instant I thought about being the Ace on this team too. I decided that I had to be the Ace on this stage too, and I think I was able to focus better because of that.

You played Supernova again in the Ace Match

Innovation: I'm not the best at TvT so I felt a bit of worry, but I didn't feel like I was at a disadvantage to Supernova in terms of skill or experience. I took confidence from that, and I was able to win.

You were able to overcome the view that because you have a shallow pool of players, winning GSTL would be difficult, and win the championship

Crank: Every player on the team is strong mentally. They don't follow other peoples opinions and believe in themselves, and I think that's the driving force behind us getting here.

You're not attending the Hot6 Cup because you're attending a foreign tournament

Innovation: Originally, I was intending to attending the Hot6 Cup but my team wants me to attend ASUS ROG. If I had known my schedule a little earlier I would have controlled it a bit better, but it was too late. From DH Winter to Teamstory Cup, the scheduling made the foreign tournament make sense.

[image loading]

Most of the formal tournaments have now finished. What are your plans for the future?

Crank: Like just mentioned, because there's Teamstory Cup I'm planning to go over to Germany. There'll be a little chance for rest but I don't think much will change.

Alicia: Axiom could face Acer, so I think it'll be fun. I think that our team will win. (laughter)

Innovation: I think I'm weak against players that I'm staying with. (laughter) I'm concentrating more on enjoying the games than winning, so I'm not too fussed about it.

Next years plans for WCS have been announced.

Crank: Although the prize money and season finals have changed a lot, if your results don't let you participate at that level then there's not much to much to argue about. If you are a player with skills, then I don't think it matters. Our attitude is one of not paying attention to these things and trying to do the best we can in the present.

Any final thoughts to finish off?

Innovation: I feel really happy about winning the GSTL. I want to thank our supporters, and I hope that you give Axiom-Acer a lot of love in the future. I want to thank Team Acer CEO Uwe.

Alicia: I'm really happy that a lot of fans came out to see the final, and that it turned out to be such a good match. I just wish that I had been the one to finish things off for my team (laughter). If we're here for another season, I would like you all to cheer like you did today. I want to thank our sponsors wasd keyboards, Planetside 2, Cynical Brit and John and Jenna Bain.

Crank: I learned a lot from the more veteran gamers. I learned that a true professional speaks with their results and their skill. I think with this result, I can say this confidently. There was a lot of hardship getting here, so I want to thank John and Jenna Bain for their help and I want to tell them that I love them.
Yhamm
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
France7248 Posts
November 26 2013 22:44 GMT
#2
already translated http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=436434
maybe yours is better, I don't know
LiquipediaWe will have only each other at the last
SmoKim
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark10305 Posts
November 26 2013 22:48 GMT
#3
The last two games were stuff of legend. Easily my personal favorite team league finals so far!

"LOL I have 202 supply right now (3 minutes later)..."LOL NOW I HAVE 220 SUPPLY SUP?!?!?" - Mondragon
Mintie
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia563 Posts
November 26 2013 22:49 GMT
#4
Oh goddamn it, this is why I should translate things when they come out instead of a week later! All credit to weirdkid for actually being on the ball.

On a sidenote for those of you who read these interviews, feel free to message me when there's something that you'd like translated! I don't keep up with fomos/naver/tig regularly so if it's not the standard WCS KR interviews I'll basically always miss them.
Elite_
Profile Joined June 2012
United States4259 Posts
November 26 2013 23:19 GMT
#5
On November 27 2013 07:44 Yhamm wrote:
already translated http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=436434
maybe yours is better, I don't know

I'd think this one is better because it's a translation instead of a translation of a translation.
Weirdkid
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Singapore2431 Posts
November 27 2013 16:13 GMT
#6
On November 27 2013 08:19 Elite_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2013 07:44 Yhamm wrote:
already translated http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=436434
maybe yours is better, I don't know

I'd think this one is better because it's a translation instead of a translation of a translation.

Definitely
"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself." - Proverbs 26:4
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 1382
BeSt 287
Soulkey 127
Soma 111
sorry 106
Mind 71
Bale 25
ZergMaN 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 13
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm178
League of Legends
JimRising 640
Counter-Strike
edward35
Other Games
summit1g9173
Coldzera 694
WinterStarcraft676
C9.Mang0276
Sick178
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick719
BasetradeTV196
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2237
Other Games
• Shiphtur625
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
2h 36m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
4h 36m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 36m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 36m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.