• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:14
CEST 08:14
KST 15:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9543 users

FXOpen to stop sponsoring FXO.KR - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
246 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12 13 Next All
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 02 2013 06:02 GMT
#61
This is where everyone goes to complain about SC2 and say that their right.
ladysman09
Profile Joined June 2013
237 Posts
October 02 2013 06:03 GMT
#62
Come on im hoping for some kespa team to absorbed them!
Black[CAT]
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Malaysia2589 Posts
October 02 2013 06:05 GMT
#63
On October 02 2013 15:00 larse wrote:
SC2 will become like WC3 in Korea in the next few years.


I believe WC3 is still more popular compared to SC2 in rankings in PC Bang.
You mean ESPORTS isnt a synonym for SC2? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ -Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch 2 with Cherry Blue Switches- BW or SC2? Why not both?
larse
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
1611 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-02 06:07:12
October 02 2013 06:06 GMT
#64
On October 02 2013 15:05 Black[CAT] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2013 15:00 larse wrote:
SC2 will become like WC3 in Korea in the next few years.


I believe WC3 is still more popular compared to SC2 in rankings in PC Bang.


But not in Tournaments and teams.
Marou
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1371 Posts
October 02 2013 06:16 GMT
#65
Holy shit ... I really though FXO would stay around forever : /
twitter@RickyMarou
Shinta)
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1716 Posts
October 02 2013 06:17 GMT
#66
Yawn... Another thread to feed the ignorants who want nothing more than doomsday.

This is the first REAL bit of bad news to hit the Korean sc2 scene.
SouL and Stars got hurt from outside issues. Had nothing to do with sc2.
FXO looks like they are getting hurt because their sponsor just isn't very knowledgable... That's actually quite unfortunate...

But yeah, looks like the team will be just fine. Hopefully they get funding soon.
Suteki Da Ne 素敵だね Isn't it Wonderful
Tobblish
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden6404 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-02 06:21:10
October 02 2013 06:20 GMT
#67
Hopefully they can find a new big sponsor.
Also whats going to be their new name?
The curse is real
Canucklehead
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada5074 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-02 06:23:55
October 02 2013 06:20 GMT
#68
Could see the writing on the wall once boss and unstable left fxo. Dunno who is even the person in charge of the esports division now with those two gone.

This is unstable's vlog from August and he quit due to a difference in opinion on the direction fxo was heading. I had a feeling something like this was eventually going to happen after watching his vlog.

Top 10 favourite pros: MKP, MVP, MC, Nestea, DRG, Jaedong, Flash, Life, Creator, Leenock
Fuell
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands3111 Posts
October 02 2013 06:22 GMT
#69
no no no t_t
fOu/Zenith/NEX/WeRRa/SlayerS
Brian333
Profile Joined August 2010
657 Posts
October 02 2013 06:24 GMT
#70
On October 02 2013 14:37 Fionn wrote:
I can't wait to see the GSTL Season 3 2013!

Introducing: Soul! Stars! Azubu Clauf! Red Bul-- wait, no, it's Startale! Axiom-Acer! Huh, why do we allow two sponsored teams to play together when more than half our teams don't even one. Oh well. And finally, our newest team, Open!

THIS IS THE GSTL. DROP THE BASE.





More like DROP THE SPONSORSHIPS AMIRITE?

sad days ahead for sure...
1ntrigue
Profile Joined May 2012
Australia948 Posts
October 02 2013 06:27 GMT
#71
On October 02 2013 14:49 FXOBoSs wrote:
Just spoke to Choya.. I suggested bringing back the fOu brand as it always was a good brand name.

I know nothing about the rest other than the people involved and have no interest in pursuing information from them. My speculation would be that whoever was in charge of the e-sports side of FXOpen was incapable or unwilling to do the job entirely thus disbanding it. I dont' think the partnership (if there was any) with NA'VI will continue. I'd say it will just be NA'VI

I always thought you were in charge of FXO and by proxy, the team. :o
FXOBoSs
Profile Joined August 2011
337 Posts
October 02 2013 06:29 GMT
#72
On October 02 2013 15:27 1ntrigue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2013 14:49 FXOBoSs wrote:
Just spoke to Choya.. I suggested bringing back the fOu brand as it always was a good brand name.

I know nothing about the rest other than the people involved and have no interest in pursuing information from them. My speculation would be that whoever was in charge of the e-sports side of FXOpen was incapable or unwilling to do the job entirely thus disbanding it. I dont' think the partnership (if there was any) with NA'VI will continue. I'd say it will just be NA'VI

I always thought you were in charge of FXO and by proxy, the team. :o


I was in charge of/creator of FXOpen Australia. I resigned December 2012. Nothing to do with e-sports.
www.twitter.com/gosutrading
felisconcolori
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States6169 Posts
October 02 2013 06:32 GMT
#73
I'm hoping Choya is going to announce a replacement sponsor and maybe new name once their contracts under FXO expire.

Thanks, Boss, for getting this going to start with. Whomever is deciding to cut bait on the team in the FXO company can get papercuts, pour salt on a half-lemon, and then rub it into the cuts before rinsing with 90% isopropyl alcohol.

Though, come to think of it... FX Open is a financial trading company, so there's probably some kind of mentality that the team is not providing a good enough ROI. Which is odd, because without the team, FX Open is just another foreign currency exchange company in a sea of others, all of them looking only slightly better than the emails I get advising me on penny stocks. It helped them stand out, and exposed them to a wider audience - literally the only reason I ever looked into such a company was their sponsorship of the team.

Well, poop. Even if the entire team was owned by FXO, btw, once the contracts are up and FXO shutters the team, the players can all still be a team. They just have to be a different team. Hopefully, with a new and awesome sponsor.

+ Show Spoiler +
SC2 is not dying. It's just undergoing some changes. If this kind of activity meant dying, MLG wouldn't exist or have an office in NYC.
Yes, I email sponsors... to thank them. Don't post drunk, kids. My king, what has become of you?
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
October 02 2013 06:36 GMT
#74
On October 02 2013 15:32 felisconcolori wrote:
I'm hoping Choya is going to announce a replacement sponsor and maybe new name once their contracts under FXO expire.

Thanks, Boss, for getting this going to start with. Whomever is deciding to cut bait on the team in the FXO company can get papercuts, pour salt on a half-lemon, and then rub it into the cuts before rinsing with 90% isopropyl alcohol.

Though, come to think of it... FX Open is a financial trading company, so there's probably some kind of mentality that the team is not providing a good enough ROI. Which is odd, because without the team, FX Open is just another foreign currency exchange company in a sea of others, all of them looking only slightly better than the emails I get advising me on penny stocks. It helped them stand out, and exposed them to a wider audience - literally the only reason I ever looked into such a company was their sponsorship of the team.

Well, poop. Even if the entire team was owned by FXO, btw, once the contracts are up and FXO shutters the team, the players can all still be a team. They just have to be a different team. Hopefully, with a new and awesome sponsor.

+ Show Spoiler +
SC2 is not dying. It's just undergoing some changes. If this kind of activity meant dying, MLG wouldn't exist or have an office in NYC.

I haven't really seen any positive change for awhile.
at the same time, teams are disbanding etc. even if the cause of these disbands are not partly due to sc2, the scene is losing out.
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
DinosaurJones
Profile Joined February 2012
United States1000 Posts
October 02 2013 06:43 GMT
#75
Geeeeeeeeeeeez...
PVJ
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Hungary5221 Posts
October 02 2013 06:49 GMT
#76
Ha, so many bad news for every day.
The heart's eternal vow
ssxsilver
Profile Joined June 2007
United States4409 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-02 06:55:28
October 02 2013 06:50 GMT
#77
On October 02 2013 15:29 FXOBoSs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2013 15:27 1ntrigue wrote:
On October 02 2013 14:49 FXOBoSs wrote:
Just spoke to Choya.. I suggested bringing back the fOu brand as it always was a good brand name.

I know nothing about the rest other than the people involved and have no interest in pursuing information from them. My speculation would be that whoever was in charge of the e-sports side of FXOpen was incapable or unwilling to do the job entirely thus disbanding it. I dont' think the partnership (if there was any) with NA'VI will continue. I'd say it will just be NA'VI

I always thought you were in charge of FXO and by proxy, the team. :o


I was in charge of/creator of FXOpen Australia. I resigned December 2012. Nothing to do with e-sports.

I miss your blogging =(. Always loved the transparency you brought to the scene.

Edit: Damn, watching that Unstable video is a bit depressing.
FXOBoSs
Profile Joined August 2011
337 Posts
October 02 2013 06:54 GMT
#78
On October 02 2013 15:50 ssxsilver wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2013 15:29 FXOBoSs wrote:
On October 02 2013 15:27 1ntrigue wrote:
On October 02 2013 14:49 FXOBoSs wrote:
Just spoke to Choya.. I suggested bringing back the fOu brand as it always was a good brand name.

I know nothing about the rest other than the people involved and have no interest in pursuing information from them. My speculation would be that whoever was in charge of the e-sports side of FXOpen was incapable or unwilling to do the job entirely thus disbanding it. I dont' think the partnership (if there was any) with NA'VI will continue. I'd say it will just be NA'VI

I always thought you were in charge of FXO and by proxy, the team. :o


I was in charge of/creator of FXOpen Australia. I resigned December 2012. Nothing to do with e-sports.

I miss your blogging =(. Always loved the transparency you brought to the scene.


I wrote a blog today, its on my twitter.

I am trying to find out what will happen to the dota2 side of FXO as well, but not getting any answers so nothing seems certain.
www.twitter.com/gosutrading
Scarecrow
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Korea (South)9175 Posts
October 02 2013 06:54 GMT
#79
On October 02 2013 15:05 Black[CAT] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2013 15:00 larse wrote:
SC2 will become like WC3 in Korea in the next few years.


I believe WC3 is still more popular compared to SC2 in rankings in PC Bang.

I highly doubt this. I see the odd SC2 game mixed among the LoL, countless MMO's and BW hunter ffa's. I can't remember the last time I saw anyone playing a wc3 custom.

Hoping after all this that the scene can consolidate with the bigger sponsors taking the cream of the free agents on cheaper contracts. A talent-dense proleague would really help in bringing the fans back.
Yhamm is the god of predictions
Dragoonstorm7
Profile Joined December 2012
United States599 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-02 06:57:41
October 02 2013 06:55 GMT
#80
There were... what 9-10 korean teams before the KeSPA switch?
Now theres 5gtsl + 6kespa (7 depending on stars) + Prime,MVP,IM = 14 (or15)
If carrying capacity was 9-10, I not going to say the sky is falling unless another 4or5 drop.
Same goes for players: If the player pool is at carrying capacity, and then doubles, it makes sense that many would retire.
Idk, thats just me tho.

Edit: somehow that sounded really negative while technically being optimistic at the same time...weird. o.O
oblivion awaits- dark archon (aka best unit ever)
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 184
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 474
hero 465
BeSt 250
Mind 32
Bale 23
Terrorterran 14
ZergMaN 11
Noble 10
yabsab 9
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1100
League of Legends
JimRising 659
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King102
Other Games
summit1g9493
ArmadaUGS43
Livibee33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick467
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 10
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH347
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2265
League of Legends
• Rush1365
• Stunt528
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 46m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
4h 46m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 46m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.