• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:17
CEST 03:17
KST 10:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7038 users

Blizzard's Potential Balance Test Map Changes - Page 46

Forum Index > SC2 General
1113 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 56 Next
FirstGear
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia185 Posts
April 27 2013 18:33 GMT
#901
On April 28 2013 02:18 Shakattak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2013 02:15 FirstGear wrote:
On April 28 2013 02:08 Altsa wrote:
I feel like buffing spores against mutas is not the right answer. I´ve been wondering what would happen if we split Hyrdalisk attack to separate attacks against ground and air, and give the air attack +bio damage.


This is exactly what I've been thinking for a while. I can't agree enough, its the best way to balance the match up imo.

What about the other matchups though , vs other air units from the other races I feel that they do really well , what they could do is make infestors fungal a slow instead so the mutas that get hit won't be as fast allowing you to pick them off and add back insta cast for fungal.

Edit: This will also reward you for splitting your mutas while also allowing mutas to escape if they do get fungaled , I feel this would add a new dynamic to the ZvZ matchup while allowing for different styles of play .


I dont understand what you mean. It doesn't influence the other match ups at all. He suggested a separate air attack (like the thor) that does bonus to bio. That means hydras would do extra damage to mutas overlords corruptors broods and vipers. Nothing else would change.
TimENT
Profile Joined November 2012
United States1425 Posts
April 27 2013 18:43 GMT
#902
I really don't increasing oracle speed is the right decision right now... :/
Barcelona / Arsenal Fan!
OkStyX
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Canada1199 Posts
April 27 2013 19:27 GMT
#903
On April 28 2013 03:33 FirstGear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2013 02:18 Shakattak wrote:
On April 28 2013 02:15 FirstGear wrote:
On April 28 2013 02:08 Altsa wrote:
I feel like buffing spores against mutas is not the right answer. I´ve been wondering what would happen if we split Hyrdalisk attack to separate attacks against ground and air, and give the air attack +bio damage.


This is exactly what I've been thinking for a while. I can't agree enough, its the best way to balance the match up imo.

What about the other matchups though , vs other air units from the other races I feel that they do really well , what they could do is make infestors fungal a slow instead so the mutas that get hit won't be as fast allowing you to pick them off and add back insta cast for fungal.

Edit: This will also reward you for splitting your mutas while also allowing mutas to escape if they do get fungaled , I feel this would add a new dynamic to the ZvZ matchup while allowing for different styles of play .


I dont understand what you mean. It doesn't influence the other match ups at all. He suggested a separate air attack (like the thor) that does bonus to bio. That means hydras would do extra damage to mutas overlords corruptors broods and vipers. Nothing else would change.

I see but I find it weird that there would be a separate attack for only 1 matchup.
Team Overklocked Gaming! That man is the noblest creature may be inferred from the fact that no other creature has contested this claim. - G.C. Lichtenberg
Mehukannu
Profile Joined October 2010
Finland421 Posts
April 27 2013 19:32 GMT
#904
On April 28 2013 04:27 Shakattak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2013 03:33 FirstGear wrote:
On April 28 2013 02:18 Shakattak wrote:
On April 28 2013 02:15 FirstGear wrote:
On April 28 2013 02:08 Altsa wrote:
I feel like buffing spores against mutas is not the right answer. I´ve been wondering what would happen if we split Hyrdalisk attack to separate attacks against ground and air, and give the air attack +bio damage.


This is exactly what I've been thinking for a while. I can't agree enough, its the best way to balance the match up imo.

What about the other matchups though , vs other air units from the other races I feel that they do really well , what they could do is make infestors fungal a slow instead so the mutas that get hit won't be as fast allowing you to pick them off and add back insta cast for fungal.

Edit: This will also reward you for splitting your mutas while also allowing mutas to escape if they do get fungaled , I feel this would add a new dynamic to the ZvZ matchup while allowing for different styles of play .


I dont understand what you mean. It doesn't influence the other match ups at all. He suggested a separate air attack (like the thor) that does bonus to bio. That means hydras would do extra damage to mutas overlords corruptors broods and vipers. Nothing else would change.

I see but I find it weird that there would be a separate attack for only 1 matchup.

It is not that different from the +shield damage on WM and the EMP doing 100 damage to shields.
Though, if that kind of stuff is done on a lot of units, it might make the game a bit hectic for new players.
C=('. ' Q)
OkStyX
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Canada1199 Posts
April 27 2013 19:34 GMT
#905
On April 28 2013 04:32 Mehukannu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2013 04:27 Shakattak wrote:
On April 28 2013 03:33 FirstGear wrote:
On April 28 2013 02:18 Shakattak wrote:
On April 28 2013 02:15 FirstGear wrote:
On April 28 2013 02:08 Altsa wrote:
I feel like buffing spores against mutas is not the right answer. I´ve been wondering what would happen if we split Hyrdalisk attack to separate attacks against ground and air, and give the air attack +bio damage.


This is exactly what I've been thinking for a while. I can't agree enough, its the best way to balance the match up imo.

What about the other matchups though , vs other air units from the other races I feel that they do really well , what they could do is make infestors fungal a slow instead so the mutas that get hit won't be as fast allowing you to pick them off and add back insta cast for fungal.

Edit: This will also reward you for splitting your mutas while also allowing mutas to escape if they do get fungaled , I feel this would add a new dynamic to the ZvZ matchup while allowing for different styles of play .


I dont understand what you mean. It doesn't influence the other match ups at all. He suggested a separate air attack (like the thor) that does bonus to bio. That means hydras would do extra damage to mutas overlords corruptors broods and vipers. Nothing else would change.

I see but I find it weird that there would be a separate attack for only 1 matchup.

It is not that different from the +shield damage on WM and the EMP doing 100 damage to shields.
Though, if that kind of stuff is done on a lot of units, it might make the game a bit hectic for new players.


Exactly so why not change a spell caster that was the reason this muta war came about alter it so the game has different styles , if you change the infestor you can use roach hydra infestor once again without getting boned.
Team Overklocked Gaming! That man is the noblest creature may be inferred from the fact that no other creature has contested this claim. - G.C. Lichtenberg
Little-Chimp
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada951 Posts
April 27 2013 19:38 GMT
#906
Surprising lack of boostvac discussion. Terran drops really didn't need to be better than they were. They're borderline unpunishable now barring lack of attention on the Terran's part.
Sabu113
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States11109 Posts
April 27 2013 19:42 GMT
#907
On April 28 2013 04:38 Little-Chimp wrote:
Surprising lack of boostvac discussion. Terran drops really didn't need to be better than they were. They're borderline unpunishable now barring lack of attention on the Terran's part.


If it was an obvious fix then Blizzard won't touch it.

Honestly, their hesitancy to touch terran is probably because they got scared off after removing the war hound. Honestly it tells you enough about this community that there was even talk about resuscitating that unit.
Biomine is a drunken chick who is on industrial strength amphetamines and would just grab your dick and jerk it as hard and violently as she could while screaming 'OMG FUCK ME', because she saw it in a Sasha Grey video ...-Wombat_Ni
Sissors
Profile Joined March 2012
1395 Posts
April 27 2013 19:43 GMT
#908
On April 28 2013 04:38 Little-Chimp wrote:
Surprising lack of boostvac discussion. Terran drops really didn't need to be better than they were. They're borderline unpunishable now barring lack of attention on the Terran's part.

Towards the end of WoL medivac drop counters were more and more figured out and optimized, and the dropping became less and less effective. They really needed a boost.

Also toss got an enormously effective drop counter in the form of planetary nexus and zerg has much faster mutas. And there is no need to 'punish' the terran, if you can just prevent him from doing significant damage with the drops he is behind anyway. (Well of course assuming you didn't invest way too much in preventing him from doing damage).
WickedBit
Profile Joined August 2010
United States343 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-27 19:50:46
April 27 2013 19:49 GMT
#909
Looking at the games going on it seems that ZvT seems fairly balanced. Maybe a tweek or two but thats pretty much it. That are TvT seem to be very exciting to watch with a variation of strategies. Even Mech seems to be viable in that matchup.
But Protoss as a race seems to be totally imbalanced. I am not talking about statistics since they are misleading. The only way for protoss to win seems to be based on timing attacks early game or somehow surviving into the late game and get both colossus and templars after which it becomes very hard to beat them.
Terran and zerg seem to have a lot to throw on them in early and mid game without it being an all-in.
I think all of this boils down to the presence of the infernal unit- the Colossus.
Unless blizzard make a big change and nerf the move speed of that thing, this race will never be balanced and will always be like this. Additionally there are just too many special purpose units which make getting them fairly risky investment.
It will be a big change and may require more buffs to other protoss units but I think in the end it will be worth it and make the race a lot more exciting to watch instead of the snooze fest that it currently is...
OkStyX
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Canada1199 Posts
April 27 2013 20:04 GMT
#910
On April 28 2013 04:38 Little-Chimp wrote:
Surprising lack of boostvac discussion. Terran drops really didn't need to be better than they were. They're borderline unpunishable now barring lack of attention on the Terran's part.

Zerg can still drone quite effectively , there is no reason to not build static defence which is a great for staving off drops.
Team Overklocked Gaming! That man is the noblest creature may be inferred from the fact that no other creature has contested this claim. - G.C. Lichtenberg
Mehukannu
Profile Joined October 2010
Finland421 Posts
April 27 2013 20:10 GMT
#911
On April 28 2013 04:34 Shakattak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2013 04:32 Mehukannu wrote:
On April 28 2013 04:27 Shakattak wrote:
On April 28 2013 03:33 FirstGear wrote:
On April 28 2013 02:18 Shakattak wrote:
On April 28 2013 02:15 FirstGear wrote:
On April 28 2013 02:08 Altsa wrote:
I feel like buffing spores against mutas is not the right answer. I´ve been wondering what would happen if we split Hyrdalisk attack to separate attacks against ground and air, and give the air attack +bio damage.


This is exactly what I've been thinking for a while. I can't agree enough, its the best way to balance the match up imo.

What about the other matchups though , vs other air units from the other races I feel that they do really well , what they could do is make infestors fungal a slow instead so the mutas that get hit won't be as fast allowing you to pick them off and add back insta cast for fungal.

Edit: This will also reward you for splitting your mutas while also allowing mutas to escape if they do get fungaled , I feel this would add a new dynamic to the ZvZ matchup while allowing for different styles of play .


I dont understand what you mean. It doesn't influence the other match ups at all. He suggested a separate air attack (like the thor) that does bonus to bio. That means hydras would do extra damage to mutas overlords corruptors broods and vipers. Nothing else would change.

I see but I find it weird that there would be a separate attack for only 1 matchup.

It is not that different from the +shield damage on WM and the EMP doing 100 damage to shields.
Though, if that kind of stuff is done on a lot of units, it might make the game a bit hectic for new players.


Exactly so why not change a spell caster that was the reason this muta war came about alter it so the game has different styles , if you change the infestor you can use roach hydra infestor once again without getting boned.

I don't know how you would change the infestor though. The fungal speed nerf makes it pretty impossible to use it against mutas anyway and if you were to make it instant again it would screw up other match-ups again.
So it would just be much easier to change the hydra rather than infestor.
C=('. ' Q)
OkStyX
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Canada1199 Posts
April 27 2013 20:17 GMT
#912
On April 28 2013 05:10 Mehukannu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2013 04:34 Shakattak wrote:
On April 28 2013 04:32 Mehukannu wrote:
On April 28 2013 04:27 Shakattak wrote:
On April 28 2013 03:33 FirstGear wrote:
On April 28 2013 02:18 Shakattak wrote:
On April 28 2013 02:15 FirstGear wrote:
On April 28 2013 02:08 Altsa wrote:
I feel like buffing spores against mutas is not the right answer. I´ve been wondering what would happen if we split Hyrdalisk attack to separate attacks against ground and air, and give the air attack +bio damage.


This is exactly what I've been thinking for a while. I can't agree enough, its the best way to balance the match up imo.

What about the other matchups though , vs other air units from the other races I feel that they do really well , what they could do is make infestors fungal a slow instead so the mutas that get hit won't be as fast allowing you to pick them off and add back insta cast for fungal.

Edit: This will also reward you for splitting your mutas while also allowing mutas to escape if they do get fungaled , I feel this would add a new dynamic to the ZvZ matchup while allowing for different styles of play .


I dont understand what you mean. It doesn't influence the other match ups at all. He suggested a separate air attack (like the thor) that does bonus to bio. That means hydras would do extra damage to mutas overlords corruptors broods and vipers. Nothing else would change.

I see but I find it weird that there would be a separate attack for only 1 matchup.

It is not that different from the +shield damage on WM and the EMP doing 100 damage to shields.
Though, if that kind of stuff is done on a lot of units, it might make the game a bit hectic for new players.


Exactly so why not change a spell caster that was the reason this muta war came about alter it so the game has different styles , if you change the infestor you can use roach hydra infestor once again without getting boned.

I don't know how you would change the infestor though. The fungal speed nerf makes it pretty impossible to use it against mutas anyway and if you were to make it instant again it would screw up other match-ups again.
So it would just be much easier to change the hydra rather than infestor.


Hence why I said to finally make fungal a slow instead of the root, that way it will add micro it won't be as devastating because you can still move while still allowing you to combat mutas with hydras, slow mutas with the range on hydras will shred muta players who do not split their units. This would allow Mutas AND infestor play to be viable again.
Team Overklocked Gaming! That man is the noblest creature may be inferred from the fact that no other creature has contested this claim. - G.C. Lichtenberg
FCReverie
Profile Joined April 2013
Australia103 Posts
April 27 2013 20:30 GMT
#913
On April 28 2013 05:17 Shakattak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2013 05:10 Mehukannu wrote:
On April 28 2013 04:34 Shakattak wrote:
On April 28 2013 04:32 Mehukannu wrote:
On April 28 2013 04:27 Shakattak wrote:
On April 28 2013 03:33 FirstGear wrote:
On April 28 2013 02:18 Shakattak wrote:
On April 28 2013 02:15 FirstGear wrote:
On April 28 2013 02:08 Altsa wrote:
I feel like buffing spores against mutas is not the right answer. I´ve been wondering what would happen if we split Hyrdalisk attack to separate attacks against ground and air, and give the air attack +bio damage.


This is exactly what I've been thinking for a while. I can't agree enough, its the best way to balance the match up imo.

What about the other matchups though , vs other air units from the other races I feel that they do really well , what they could do is make infestors fungal a slow instead so the mutas that get hit won't be as fast allowing you to pick them off and add back insta cast for fungal.

Edit: This will also reward you for splitting your mutas while also allowing mutas to escape if they do get fungaled , I feel this would add a new dynamic to the ZvZ matchup while allowing for different styles of play .


I dont understand what you mean. It doesn't influence the other match ups at all. He suggested a separate air attack (like the thor) that does bonus to bio. That means hydras would do extra damage to mutas overlords corruptors broods and vipers. Nothing else would change.

I see but I find it weird that there would be a separate attack for only 1 matchup.

It is not that different from the +shield damage on WM and the EMP doing 100 damage to shields.
Though, if that kind of stuff is done on a lot of units, it might make the game a bit hectic for new players.


Exactly so why not change a spell caster that was the reason this muta war came about alter it so the game has different styles , if you change the infestor you can use roach hydra infestor once again without getting boned.

I don't know how you would change the infestor though. The fungal speed nerf makes it pretty impossible to use it against mutas anyway and if you were to make it instant again it would screw up other match-ups again.
So it would just be much easier to change the hydra rather than infestor.


Hence why I said to finally make fungal a slow instead of the root, that way it will add micro it won't be as devastating because you can still move while still allowing you to combat mutas with hydras, slow mutas with the range on hydras will shred muta players who do not split their units. This would allow Mutas AND infestor play to be viable again.

In the mean time destroying zvp if i can't root voids how will I kill them. Right now the only way to kill them is to hold them on the spot while infested terrans kill them. If they are just slowed they will just move away..
OkStyX
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Canada1199 Posts
April 27 2013 20:40 GMT
#914
On April 28 2013 05:30 FCReverie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2013 05:17 Shakattak wrote:
On April 28 2013 05:10 Mehukannu wrote:
On April 28 2013 04:34 Shakattak wrote:
On April 28 2013 04:32 Mehukannu wrote:
On April 28 2013 04:27 Shakattak wrote:
On April 28 2013 03:33 FirstGear wrote:
On April 28 2013 02:18 Shakattak wrote:
On April 28 2013 02:15 FirstGear wrote:
On April 28 2013 02:08 Altsa wrote:
I feel like buffing spores against mutas is not the right answer. I´ve been wondering what would happen if we split Hyrdalisk attack to separate attacks against ground and air, and give the air attack +bio damage.


This is exactly what I've been thinking for a while. I can't agree enough, its the best way to balance the match up imo.

What about the other matchups though , vs other air units from the other races I feel that they do really well , what they could do is make infestors fungal a slow instead so the mutas that get hit won't be as fast allowing you to pick them off and add back insta cast for fungal.

Edit: This will also reward you for splitting your mutas while also allowing mutas to escape if they do get fungaled , I feel this would add a new dynamic to the ZvZ matchup while allowing for different styles of play .


I dont understand what you mean. It doesn't influence the other match ups at all. He suggested a separate air attack (like the thor) that does bonus to bio. That means hydras would do extra damage to mutas overlords corruptors broods and vipers. Nothing else would change.

I see but I find it weird that there would be a separate attack for only 1 matchup.

It is not that different from the +shield damage on WM and the EMP doing 100 damage to shields.
Though, if that kind of stuff is done on a lot of units, it might make the game a bit hectic for new players.


Exactly so why not change a spell caster that was the reason this muta war came about alter it so the game has different styles , if you change the infestor you can use roach hydra infestor once again without getting boned.

I don't know how you would change the infestor though. The fungal speed nerf makes it pretty impossible to use it against mutas anyway and if you were to make it instant again it would screw up other match-ups again.
So it would just be much easier to change the hydra rather than infestor.


Hence why I said to finally make fungal a slow instead of the root, that way it will add micro it won't be as devastating because you can still move while still allowing you to combat mutas with hydras, slow mutas with the range on hydras will shred muta players who do not split their units. This would allow Mutas AND infestor play to be viable again.

In the mean time destroying zvp if i can't root voids how will I kill them. Right now the only way to kill them is to hold them on the spot while infested terrans kill them. If they are just slowed they will just move away..


If he is moving away then he won't be attacking you! Hydras or infested terrans would be great in this situation since hydras are not affected by the charge beam.
Team Overklocked Gaming! That man is the noblest creature may be inferred from the fact that no other creature has contested this claim. - G.C. Lichtenberg
convention
Profile Joined October 2011
United States622 Posts
April 27 2013 20:48 GMT
#915
On April 28 2013 04:43 Sissors wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2013 04:38 Little-Chimp wrote:
Surprising lack of boostvac discussion. Terran drops really didn't need to be better than they were. They're borderline unpunishable now barring lack of attention on the Terran's part.

Towards the end of WoL medivac drop counters were more and more figured out and optimized, and the dropping became less and less effective. They really needed a boost.

Also toss got an enormously effective drop counter in the form of planetary nexus and zerg has much faster mutas. And there is no need to 'punish' the terran, if you can just prevent him from doing significant damage with the drops he is behind anyway. (Well of course assuming you didn't invest way too much in preventing him from doing damage).

I think more importantly, the medivac speed boost has made the game really exciting because terrans will want to drop throughout all of HotS. Dropping in the base, while attacking a front is very exciting to watch. So they gave the races better anti-drop defense (overlord spreed from end of WoL + cannon nexus) and made drops less punishing to do. Drops are the best way to measure the skill between two players in my opinion, your multitasking vs. their multitasking. Based on the games I've been watching at dreamhack, the game actually feels mostly balanced. I like the oracle change because it adds to the protoss ability to out-multitask the other players. Spore change can't hurt, one could argue it's not enough, but it's steps to opening up other defense options against mutas.
blackbrrd
Profile Joined September 2010
Norway477 Posts
April 27 2013 21:05 GMT
#916
I think the Oracle is to much of a coin-flip now. There doesn't seem to be any micro involved like the Banshee vs Marines or Banshee trying to do damage when there is a turret in the mineral line. In addition, the gas cost is huge, slowing all other tech significantly, which is something that doesn't really work for Protoss with the reliance on splash damage (Colossi/Templar) vs marines.

I think they have to reduce the Oracle cost, reduce it's brute strength, but give it more options to be microed like terrans do with their drops and banshee's. The target would be to make it less of a coin-flip to open with tech-wise than it currently is.
mongoose22
Profile Joined July 2012
174 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-28 01:44:39
April 28 2013 01:44 GMT
#917
I'd like to see Blizzard gently nerf the mutalisks instead of further skewing the spore crawlers to be anti-Zerg. Maybe reducing the health regen to twice normal Zerg regen (0.5468 instead of 1) would do the trick; that way they're still super-slippery, but if you can properly engage the mutalisk pack, they'll take longer to lick their wounds.
Extenz
Profile Joined October 2011
Italy822 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-28 01:48:29
April 28 2013 01:48 GMT
#918
As a protoss I'm ok with the oracle speed increase if stalkers get a special beam that oneshots oracles.
TheSwamp
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1497 Posts
April 28 2013 02:01 GMT
#919
On April 28 2013 10:44 moon Zoose22 wrote:
I'd like to see Blizzard gently nerf the mutalisks instead of further skewing the spore crawlers to be anti-Zerg. Maybe reducing the health regen to twice normal Zerg regen (0.5468 instead of 1) would do the trick; that way they're still super-slippery, but if you can properly engage the mutalisk pack, they'll take longer to lick their wounds.


Do you, by any chance, have a pet named George?

They are trying to change how the muta is used in ZvZ only, which implies they think it is balanced in the other match ups.
It doesn't make any sense to nerf mutas.
MLG: How is your Protoss? Idra: I make Blink Stalkers, so really, really good.
Rorschach
Profile Joined May 2010
United States623 Posts
April 28 2013 03:04 GMT
#920
On April 28 2013 11:01 TheSwamp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2013 10:44 moon Zoose22 wrote:
I'd like to see Blizzard gently nerf the mutalisks instead of further skewing the spore crawlers to be anti-Zerg. Maybe reducing the health regen to twice normal Zerg regen (0.5468 instead of 1) would do the trick; that way they're still super-slippery, but if you can properly engage the mutalisk pack, they'll take longer to lick their wounds.


Do you, by any chance, have a pet named George?

They are trying to change how the muta is used in ZvZ only, which implies they think it is balanced in the other match ups.
It doesn't make any sense to nerf mutas.


Blizzard may think mutas are fine in every MU but zvz however I am beginning to think the Muta into ultra and tech switching back into muta is too brutal vs P...
En Taro Adun, Executor!
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 56 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings65
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 137
RuFF_SC2 39
ProTech24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15348
Rain 2266
Artosis 640
Bale 16
League of Legends
Doublelift3864
Counter-Strike
taco 279
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox579
Mew2King186
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1136
Other Games
summit1g9725
Day[9].tv663
JimRising 551
PiGStarcraft324
C9.Mang0252
ArmadaUGS68
ViBE51
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV182
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 148
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP53
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv663
• Scarra589
• Shiphtur202
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
11h 43m
OSC
20h 43m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 8h
Online Event
1d 9h
FEL
1d 14h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.