• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:21
CEST 07:21
KST 14:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)27Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9661 users

2.0.4 FAQ: Unranked, Bonus Pool, Leave League - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
NightOfTheDead
Profile Joined August 2009
Lithuania1711 Posts
March 01 2013 11:20 GMT
#21
So leaving league resets your MMR?
TmzZ666
Profile Joined November 2010
Poland144 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-01 11:32:28
March 01 2013 11:30 GMT
#22
Im liking the new changes in general, but how about giving us some stats, like:
- matchup winrate,
- map winrate,
- matchup map winrate,
Put it on loading screen plus some tab in a profile to browse?
Easy stuff and so much helpful. Anyone on this?

EDIT:
And vs players history if applicable. I would love them stats!
Replicats
Profile Joined January 2013
Canada18 Posts
March 01 2013 12:05 GMT
#23
I started playing unranked in WoL and noticed the matchmaker began matching me against bronze and silver players, so I think it might not be working the way they said. I feel like I'm playing new placement with my unranked, everyone I've played against so far has been Plat or below and my mmr is much higher than that.
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
March 01 2013 12:10 GMT
#24
On March 01 2013 20:30 TmzZ666 wrote:
Im liking the new changes in general, but how about giving us some stats, like:
- matchup winrate,
- map winrate,
- matchup map winrate,
Put it on loading screen plus some tab in a profile to browse?
Easy stuff and so much helpful. Anyone on this?

EDIT:
And vs players history if applicable. I would love them stats!


You haven't checked your profile page right...? There are already map and MU stats in patch 2.0.4.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
Deckard.666
Profile Joined September 2012
152 Posts
March 01 2013 12:42 GMT
#25
On March 01 2013 17:58 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Q: Is the Bonus Pool accumulation rate different after 2.0.4?
A: No. It's still 90 per week for Master/Grandmaster, 52.2 per week for lower leagues, 66% of the normal rate for Arranged 2v2, and 33% of the normal rate for Arranged 3v3/4v4.


That is going to become outdated rather quickly. It's going to double once 2013 Season 2 starts (Source). Other than that, nicely done.
KiF1rE
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States964 Posts
March 01 2013 12:50 GMT
#26
i doubt unranked uses a similar MMR as starting point or MMR at all... as in WoL im a top 100 GM, and in unranked WoL i get bronze-gold players in the first few times I tried for unranked.
Deckard.666
Profile Joined September 2012
152 Posts
March 01 2013 12:58 GMT
#27
On March 01 2013 21:50 KiF1rE wrote:
i doubt unranked uses a similar MMR as starting point or MMR at all... as in WoL im a top 100 GM, and in unranked WoL i get bronze-gold players in the first few times I tried for unranked.


Maybe it works differently in WoL and the HotS beta. In the beta, I got demolished when I tried to offrace, getting matched against master opponents because I'm masters in ranked. My MMR quickly dropped around platinum, and then stabilized.
DueleR
Profile Joined May 2010
United States207 Posts
March 01 2013 13:27 GMT
#28
The one semi-annoying thing about playing ranked ladder now is that I seem to face a lot more players picking random, who I assume are mostly playing unranked.
Wertheron
Profile Joined October 2011
France439 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-01 13:48:07
March 01 2013 13:47 GMT
#29
Just to be sure. I have two profile in plat, and my wife want to test sc2 in multi (before she was just playing against AI). Now with "leaving league", could i sent one of my profile into bronze ?
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
March 01 2013 13:51 GMT
#30
On March 01 2013 22:47 Wertheron wrote:
Just to be sure. I have two profile in plat, and my wife want to test sc2 in multi (before she was just playing against AI). Now with "leaving league", could i sent one of my profile into bronze ?


Two 1v1 ladders? That doesn't seem likely. Or are you talking about 2v2?
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
Wertheron
Profile Joined October 2011
France439 Posts
March 01 2013 13:55 GMT
#31
On March 01 2013 22:51 digmouse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2013 22:47 Wertheron wrote:
Just to be sure. I have two profile in plat, and my wife want to test sc2 in multi (before she was just playing against AI). Now with "leaving league", could i sent one of my profile into bronze ?


Two 1v1 ladders? That doesn't seem likely. Or are you talking about 2v2?


Yes i have two accounts in Plat 1v1. I wanted to demote the training account (now i have unranked to play without pressure) for her in bronze. If "leaving league" is faster than 54 free looses, could be cool
damahammer
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany111 Posts
March 01 2013 14:59 GMT
#32
every change is good, especially faster eating through the bonus pool and leave league.
Except there is one thing which is just horrid: unranked and ranked matchmaking puts them against each other, and the guy playing ranked gets the points.... that is stupid and needs to be removed
geokilla
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada8255 Posts
March 01 2013 15:36 GMT
#33
I'm in Diamond and I played a Unranked match against a Bronze opponent..
Butterednuts
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States859 Posts
March 01 2013 15:59 GMT
#34
I think Unranked in the Ranked player pool with just have an advantage for the Ranked player. I know that I'll be using Unranked play to practice my off races, which are Bronze/Silver level compared to my Platinum level Zerg play. I'll probably lose Unranked games and I'm okay with that, but hopefully that initial boost of ranked players doesn't stay for too long
Chameleons Cast No Shadows
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
March 01 2013 16:42 GMT
#35
On March 01 2013 18:12 zenkicker wrote:
Q: For example I am at Gold in Ranked play the left the league and played Unranked all throughout the season (or forever), will my MMR change and can be matched with Diamond/Masters assuming I really increased my skills?


Yes. Supposedly, anyway.

On March 01 2013 18:26 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
Is the portrait border visible/displayed when I start a ranked game and the map is being loaded? What about unraked and team games? Can we see based on this the league of our opponent?


It always shows your 1v1 Ranked position. If it's supposed to reflect the mode you're currently queued for, it's not doing that now.

Is this really true?
For me the unranked mmr seems to start with a clean table regardless of my ranked mmr.
First I get matched with bronze-silver and then after 10-15 straight wins it's diamond/masters again.
It was same for both my US and EU accounts.
My US account had ~50 ranked games played this season and solid diamond ranking.
My EU account had no ranked games played this season (1 placement match) low masters last season.


It's supposed to use your current Ranked MMR as a reference point in that case, yes.

On March 01 2013 18:37 NEEDZMOAR wrote:
Im facing silvers/gold in unranked and Im a master in ranked 1v1.

also if Im facing ranked players when im playing unranked, isnt it possible to drop mmr by offracing or leave on purpose and then use that in my ranked matches to get a higher rank because I now get to play way below my actual mmr?


No, because if you're Silver Unranked and Master Ranked, then when you queue for Ranked, you would be facing other Master players and wouldn't get matched with anyone in Silver. They're separate.

On March 01 2013 19:04 Soundwave12 wrote:
sounds good my only concern with the leave league thing is this. Wont it make it quite easy to smurf? For example a diamond who want to have some "fun" ripping up bronzes leaves leagues, loses placement matches, places in bronze and there we go. If he want to go back to diamond he'll be there in a week since he'll just crush everything game after game up till he hits high plat...

and wouldnt this make portrait farming quite easy too, with the same technique... if you are a decent player you just go for it, once you get to much competition, leave league and restart from bronze...


It's not much easier than the method a lot of players used to use, which was to intentionally lose dozens of games to get to the bottom of Bronze and then gradually work their way back up again. In that regard, Leave League is basically just a timesaver. We still need to know whether 1 or 5 Placements is intended though (I asked PressureTested to Leave League and it only gave him one Placement).

On March 01 2013 19:25 onPHYRE wrote:
In the beta leave league gave me 1 placement match, but in WoL after the patch it gives me 5. Though granted I wasn't placed the season before so that might have an effect on it, such that if you had to play 5 placement matches to start the season, leave league gives 5 placement matches, but if you only had to do 1, then it gives 1.. I dunno my theory based on limited information.


I have a working theory on this which might fit. Did you have any Unranked games played when you hit Leave League? It's possible that it was using your Unranked MMR as a starting point for Ranked, which would explain the one Placement Match. This would also fit with PressureTested's one Placement Match (he had played one Unranked game to establish his Unranked MMR). I'd like to do more data collection on this.

On March 01 2013 19:31 battleboy wrote:
Does the bonuspool only drops for losing in HotS or also in WoL now?


As of 2.0.4, WoL as well.

On March 01 2013 20:30 TmzZ666 wrote:
Im liking the new changes in general, but how about giving us some stats, like:
- matchup winrate,
- map winrate,
- matchup map winrate,
Put it on loading screen plus some tab in a profile to browse?
Easy stuff and so much helpful. Anyone on this?

EDIT:
And vs players history if applicable. I would love them stats!


That's already in, aside from the stats against individual players. That could be a neat idea.

On March 01 2013 21:42 Deckard.666 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2013 17:58 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Q: Is the Bonus Pool accumulation rate different after 2.0.4?
A: No. It's still 90 per week for Master/Grandmaster, 52.2 per week for lower leagues, 66% of the normal rate for Arranged 2v2, and 33% of the normal rate for Arranged 3v3/4v4.


That is going to become outdated rather quickly. It's going to double once 2013 Season 2 starts (Source). Other than that, nicely done.


I thought they had backpedaled on that but if they stick with it, I'll update the OP.



Moderator
Psychobabas
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
2531 Posts
March 01 2013 17:23 GMT
#36
This is weird.

I am master in Ranked but I'm playing against some really, really bad players in Unranked. A guy didn't even build orbital command for his 1-base-4-barracks-1-factory-1-starport-no-attack play.

I thought the MMR carries over to unranked?

Does this mean I have to keep playing until I face people closer to my league in unranked?
Deckard.666
Profile Joined September 2012
152 Posts
March 01 2013 17:30 GMT
#37
That 4/1/1 play is deadly, man. I don't know what you're talking about.


Seriously though, it seems like there's an issue in WoL where the MMR doesn't carry over to unraked. In HotS it certainly does. Were you playing WoL or HotS?
onPHYRE
Profile Joined October 2010
Bulgaria925 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-01 17:37:16
March 01 2013 17:34 GMT
#38
On March 02 2013 01:42 Excalibur_Z wrote:

Show nested quote +
On March 01 2013 19:25 onPHYRE wrote:
In the beta leave league gave me 1 placement match, but in WoL after the patch it gives me 5. Though granted I wasn't placed the season before so that might have an effect on it, such that if you had to play 5 placement matches to start the season, leave league gives 5 placement matches, but if you only had to do 1, then it gives 1.. I dunno my theory based on limited information.


I have a working theory on this which might fit. Did you have any Unranked games played when you hit Leave League? It's possible that it was using your Unranked MMR as a starting point for Ranked, which would explain the one Placement Match. This would also fit with PressureTested's one Placement Match (he had played one Unranked game to establish his Unranked MMR). I'd like to do more data collection on this.



I had played an unranked game in both the HotS Beta and in WoL when I did leave league, but it had a different amount of placement matches between the two. The only difference is I was ranked in 1v1 in HotS Beta, and had played 2v2 the season before in HotS Beta. While in WoL before now my last ladder game was almost a year ago so everything was reset. To clarify in the WoL instance I played 2v2 with a friend and we both left the league and had 5 placement matches. Meanwhile in HotS Beta I played 1v1 and 2v2 RT, with past season MMR still active (unlike WoL which was reset completely) and I left both 1v1 and 2v2 leagues at least 15 times, and it was always just 1 placement match. My MMR did not seem to reset in either WoL or HotS Beta either, based on the competition, and despite the difference in placement match requirements.

Edit: As a weird and random side note, I noticed some wonky stuff with my unranked MMR translating to my ranked MMR (which I know is not supposed to happen). Me and a buddy went 10-0 in unranked before we started ladder, starting vs bronzies and playing masters by the end. Despite my account being reset and him not being very highly ranked (like silver MMR) we started of vs masters players right away in our placement matches. Found that very strange since my MMR was reset (was masters 1v1 and 2v2/3v3/4v4 before).
Livin' this life like it was written.
Psychobabas
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
2531 Posts
March 01 2013 17:41 GMT
#39
On March 02 2013 02:30 Deckard.666 wrote:
That 4/1/1 play is deadly, man. I don't know what you're talking about.


Seriously though, it seems like there's an issue in WoL where the MMR doesn't carry over to unraked. In HotS it certainly does. Were you playing WoL or HotS?


WoL
Ettick
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States2434 Posts
March 01 2013 17:44 GMT
#40
Q: How do I get one of those cool portrait borders and what do they mean?
A: The portrait borders reflect your 1v1 league. If you don't have one, it's because you're not in a Ranked 1v1 division. This border persists into team games as well as chat channels.

This is a really good idea for team games and ums since it will make frantically looking at all the profiles of my teammates in a monobattles lobby a thing of the past.

I really like a lot of the other changes too, just more steps in the right direction in my opinion.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2076
Snow 153
Bale 26
910 14
Noble 14
ZergMaN 11
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm180
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1118
Mew2King28
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1234
WinterStarcraft643
Other Games
summit1g7837
JimRising 625
PiGStarcraft317
C9.Mang0176
ArmadaUGS144
Maynarde140
Sick118
RuFF_SC295
Livibee66
ViBE58
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick613
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream158
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 35
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2195
League of Legends
• Lourlo1380
• Rush1018
• Stunt389
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
4h 39m
OSC
7h 39m
Stellar Fest
7h 39m
OSC
18h 39m
Stellar Fest
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.