• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:08
CEST 16:08
KST 23:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7127 users

WCS KR WR2 D1 Winners' Interview

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Weirdkid
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Singapore2431 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-10 15:18:35
August 10 2012 15:17 GMT
#1
These interviews were translated from
Startale_Parting, Chinese - http://s.163.com/12/0810/20/88IR6Q5G00314D0E.html
Startale_Parting, Korean - http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?category=13439&id=1264316
Slayers_Puzzle, Chinese - http://s.163.com/12/0810/21/88IUGFUE00314D0E.html
Slayers_Puzzle, Korean - http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?category=13439&id=1264345
Samsung_Roro, Chinese - http://s.163.com/12/0810/22/88J37UNV00314D0E.html
Samsung_Roro, Korean - http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?category=13439&id=1264421


Startale_Parting
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Q: How does it feel to make it into the round of 8 of the winners bracket?
A: I am very happy. I am even happier than my next opponent is going to be Curious.

Q; What do you mean you are very happy that your next opponent is going to be Curious?
A: At least one member of our team is going to be in the round of 4. That makes me very happy. Also, when I first got into Startale, Curious hyung was telling me how bad I was at the game. I hope he'll be prepared to receive my victory ceremonies in the next round. I never forgot how he used to joke at me, and I've been waiting for my time for revenge. Now that the day is finally here, I will practise my guts out.

Q: Your games against Alive were really tough.
A: I managed to guess his strategy in the first game, but he ended up attacking earlier than I had expected. If I hadn't been able to break through his defences, it'd have been a really tough game. Fortunately I succeeded. In the second game, I chose to play a more passive style based on what my opponent was doing. However, he never attacked and that made me kind of panic. In the end, all the defending led to my economy being so damaged, and I lost the game in the end. The third game went according to how I had predicted it to be.

Q: You demonstrated your Terran killing prowess, but there were many dangerous moments.
A: I never really lost in PvT during practice. But it's really difficult playing against Alive because his style is different from other Terrans. It just seems like his army movement is just that little bit faster than others.

Q: Now that you're in the round of 8, you just need 3 more victories to advance to the finals.
A:: Winning today's games gives me more confidence. It feels like I might even be able to win the tournament. There's this sudden confidence that nobody can stop me. I felt that today's games would be the biggest hurdle, and I am very happy to have passed it.

Q: The Kespa players have been doing pretty decently in this tournament.
A: As professional gamers, they know how best to improve their level in the shortest amount of time. Before this, I already thought that their level of play was really improving very fast, but watching how they've performed in this tournament let me realise that their level is actually about the same as ours. The players in this WCS and SPL are really good. I'm not too sure about their level of play as a whole though.

Q: If you manage to defeat Curious, what type of victory ceremony do you have in mind?
A: Maybe something like shaking my finger or something. I will make him regret making jokes of me in the past.

Q: You're going to be attending the OSL group selections soon too.
A: I won't be doing any ceremonies there. I don't intend to provoke anyone in OSL for now. But Baby seemed to have been doing some provocations after he managed to qualify for OSL. It seems like he doesn't know how good my PvT is. No matter what, I hope to be able to be in the same group as him in the round of 16 this time. I want to show him the consequences of making reckless challenges.

Q; Any last things to add?
A: I want to thank the players who practised with me, Sparta, Harrier, Sound from Startale, Sculp, Hoon from NSHoseo, MentalKing from Team Legion. Hopefully in the match against Curious in the next round, we'll be able to rejoice together no matter who wins. Finally, I want to thank our sponsors, BenQ, Zowie Gear, Joy Gear, Red Bull.



Slayers_Puzzle
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Q: How does it feel making it to the round of 8 of the winners' bracket?
A: There're many Kespa players in the group, and that makes me stressed. But looking at it from the other side, I am more confident playing because they are around. I am very happy to have advanced.

Q: Does the presence of Kespa players really give you more confidence? The games seemed really hard.
A: This tournament takes place when our entire team is on a break. I only knew about the change in the schedule while I was out playing. I basically came to play today without having enough sleep, and thus wasn't able to play at my usual standard.

Q: Your opponent is Reality, who has been on fire recently. How do you feel after playing with him?
A: His fundamentals are really solid, but his assessment of the situations in the game leaves room for improvement. During the early parts of the third game, I was in a really bad situation, but his reaction to the situation was pretty bad too. His TvZ is really good, but his TvP needs some improvement.

Q: You used an ancient strategy in game 2, and lost.
A: I was not planning to use it before the games. I only knew about this strategy after watching a replay from Squirtle. I learnt the army composition but wasn't really sure about details of the strategy. My opponent defended really well, or maybe I just didn't play well.

Q: You made a tremendous comeback after being in a horrible situation in the third game. What were your thoughts after being harassed by the hellions?
A: I thought about all the various popular Starcraft websites, and about this appearing in the discussions and the news about it. I was quite dejected.

Q: What's the main reason behind the comeback?
A: Maybe my opponent overestimated his lead. Even though he was in a lead, he shouldn't have kept on defending. I chose to use a greedy economic style, and was able to make a comeback in the end.

Q: How was Yugioh after losing to Reality?
A: I haven't dared to speak to him after his games. He was in a really bad shape then. I'm not too sure how he is now.

Q: Your opponent in the round of 8 is definitely a Protoss.
A: Both Creator and Hero are very good players. I heard that Creator's strength lies in his PvP, and so I hope that Hero will advance.

Q: You just need three more victories to advance to the finals.
A: Looking at the brackets, I'm going to be playing quite a number of PvPs. It's hard to play in mirror matchups. I'm not even sure what I'm doing when I'm playing in those. It's still too early to be overly optimistic.

Q: Anything you want to add?
A: I didn't have much time to practise. I was only practising in the booth. I want to thank the players who practised with me then. I also want to add that I hope Sang from Team 8 will win in SPL.



Samsung_Roro
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Q: How does it feel making it to the round of 8 of the winners' bracket?
A: I saw Reality lose in his game. It feels like everyone who's left in the tournament are all really strong. I was quite nervous to be the only Kespa player remaining. Very happy to be able to win under these circumstances.

Q: You played in the games yesterday too. Is it very stressful to play again in today's games? It's hasn't even been a day yet.
A: We were hoping to be able to play the games as late as possible. We wanted to at least have been able to improve a bit more first before having to play again here. I was really worried about today's games.

Q: Is it better to have faced Leenock as opposed to MC?
A: I mentioned during the interviews yesterday, I'd prefer to face a Zerg rather than a Protoss. The fact that it was a ZvZ today lessened the stress.

Q: You lost in the first game.
A: I thought that it'd be a speedling follow up after I held my opponent's first wave of zerglings. Never imagined at all that it'd actually be banelings. It's the first time I've seen this strategy.

Q: Leenock employed very aggressive play in the second game as well.
A: I lost really horribly in the first game, and he really pressured me early in the second game. All that made me feel really uneasy. I usually end up losing after being pressured by my opponent in the early game. I wanted to show everyone my mechanics even if I was going to lose the game. Fortunately, I was at an advantage in the second game due to my opening, and was able to win.

Q: You defended his early game tactics very well in the third game.
A: My opening was really good. As long as the game went on normally I felt that I would have been able to defeat my opponent using my mechanics. Just thought that it'd be fine as long as I don't make too big a mistake.

Q: There's a great difference between ZvZ in Starcraft 1 and Starcraft 2. This is especially the case in the mid-game, where the mechanics are totally different.
A: I get really lost when I get to the mid-late game, and so I always chose to end the game before mid-game last time. However, winning against my opponent today made me more confident in my mid-late game. But I feel that I still have to continue working and practising my mechanics, and I do believe that as long as I don't get wrecked by my opponent in the early-game, I would have the chance to defeat my opponent using my mechanics.

Q: From the openings, you got into a good position from the start in the second and third game.
A: My opponent seemed to have wanted to do early attacks before transitioning to a standard game. I just didn't want to lose in the early game because I wanted people to see my ability in the mid-late game. That's why I chose the most conservative way of playing, and it turned out really good.

Q: Your next opponent is either Squirtle or Genius.
A: I think that ZvP is the hardest matchup to play now. Since I can't dodge playing against Protoss anymore, I'm just going to have to practise really well in the remaining time I have.

Q: Has making it to the round of 8 gained you a lot of attention?
A: I've been confident in Starcraft 2 ever since I started playing both games simultaneously. I also achieved pretty decent results in SPL. I am confident in myself, and I'm constantly improving. I didn't dare to say anything much because I lost quite a lot of games in the past, but I think that I can start having confidence in myself now. I believe that I will play even better in the future.

Q: The chance of you representing Korea has increased too. Are you hoping to be the Korean representative?
A: In the past. I took part in tournaments with the aim to learn. But now, since I've already made it this far, I definitely hope to be the Korean representative in the WCS finals. I want to take it one step further. There're still many strong players around now, and no matter who I meet, I will be able to learn a lot. This is really helpful for me.

Q: Any last things to add?
A: There's the chance that I might face Squirtle in the round of 8. We used to be team mates, hopefully he'll play more gently (laughs). Hopefully the games will not be too one-sided. I will work really hard to make it into the playoffs of SPL. I will also try to win more games in SPL.
"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself." - Proverbs 26:4
aintz
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada5624 Posts
August 10 2012 15:21 GMT
#2
thanks for the interviews

gooo parting, defeat curious!
Michaels
Profile Joined August 2010
419 Posts
August 10 2012 15:30 GMT
#3
thank you
Moka
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada942 Posts
August 10 2012 15:32 GMT
#4
Yaay Puzzle made it :D I was close to losing all my hair while watching the 3rd game. Puzzle and Roro fighting!!!!

Thanks for the interview!
ヾ(@⌒_⌒@)ノ
X3GoldDot
Profile Joined August 2011
Malaysia3840 Posts
August 10 2012 15:38 GMT
#5
arrogance causes parting to lose all the time, predicting curious to win
prime/startale/[SexComaZerg, RoyalRoaderZerg, SirLifealot] ingame ID = GoodGame
Caladbolg
Profile Joined March 2011
2855 Posts
August 10 2012 17:00 GMT
#6
Roro my boy, your humility, your talent, and your desire make me a proud fanboy.

Advice to others: never put Roro on your anti-team, ever. Instead, be a fan of one of the most hardworking and underrated Zergs ever!
"I don't like the word prodigy at all. To me prodigy sounds like a person who was 'gifted' all these things rather than a person who earned all these talents by hard training... I must train harder to reach my goal." - Flash
Quateras
Profile Joined August 2012
Germany867 Posts
August 10 2012 17:29 GMT
#7
Thanks for your translations, love reading these Interviews
"If you don't know where you are going, you can never get lost."
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
August 10 2012 20:45 GMT
#8
Thank you for the interviews!
Get off my lawn, young punks
Darneck
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden1394 Posts
August 10 2012 20:46 GMT
#9
Thank youzz for the interviews.

RorO hwaiting!
Eufouria
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom4425 Posts
August 10 2012 20:52 GMT
#10
Thanks for the translations.

If PartinG wins he shouldn't celebrate, he should just go completely stone faced and emotionless and start packing his stuff up, that would be the greatest ceremony he could do.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
August 10 2012 20:53 GMT
#11
Damn roro is impressive to already be ro8 and beat leenock is very impressive.
When I think of something else, something will go here
mango_destroyer
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3914 Posts
August 10 2012 21:35 GMT
#12
really impressed by RorO`s play today. To beat Leenock who is usually pretty damn good in zvz is quite good.
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
August 11 2012 05:10 GMT
#13
cool interviews, thanks! :D
although, wasn't there a fourth match? haha
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
August 11 2012 05:13 GMT
#14
Roro fighting!
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Porcelina
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United Kingdom3249 Posts
August 11 2012 05:22 GMT
#15
On August 11 2012 05:52 Eufouria wrote:
Thanks for the translations.

If PartinG wins he shouldn't celebrate, he should just go completely stone faced and emotionless and start packing his stuff up, that would be the greatest ceremony he could do.


Might be too subtle to pick up on. Also, I have a suspicion Parting might not be the biggest fan of subtlety when it comes to celebrations.
OnFiRe888
Profile Joined October 2010
United States629 Posts
August 11 2012 05:26 GMT
#16
Lol, it seems like every other interview PartinG is really cocky. Like his ro32 interview was quite humble (for parting) but this one he starts talking smack again. So troll.
"Life isn't measured by the breaths you take, but by skill in Starcraft"
ThePrince
Profile Joined October 2010
Peru331 Posts
August 12 2012 06:44 GMT
#17
Thanks for the interviews.
SK_MC, ST_Parting, STX_Bogus fighting!!! Colossi should shoot nukes and blink.
Drake
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany6146 Posts
August 12 2012 09:20 GMT
#18
roro hwaiting !
Nb.Drake / CoL_Drake / Original Joined TL.net Tuesday, 15th of March 2005
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 248
MaxPax 237
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65027
Calm 4196
Shuttle 3097
Bisu 1835
FanTaSy 1555
EffOrt 736
Mini 638
Soma 479
Rush 440
Stork 347
[ Show more ]
Light 273
firebathero 247
Hyuk 244
Snow 215
ZerO 170
Soulkey 133
Barracks 112
actioN 111
Killer 83
Zeus 81
hero 69
Dewaltoss 63
Mong 53
Pusan 52
Last 46
Hyun 41
Shinee 39
Bale 33
Free 31
ToSsGirL 30
Shine 28
PianO 21
Aegong 20
Sharp 20
zelot 20
sorry 18
yabsab 17
HiyA 12
Sacsri 9
Icarus 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7380
Dendi875
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1262
kRYSTAL_121
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko435
crisheroes310
Other Games
gofns49753
singsing2157
B2W.Neo755
hiko428
DeMusliM267
byalli258
Hui .193
Livibee179
Liquid`VortiX150
Mew2King81
Rex49
ZerO(Twitch)13
Trikslyr6
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV247
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis1701
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 7m
Replay Cast
8h 52m
OSC
1d 8h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 19h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.