• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:20
CEST 07:20
KST 14:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8000 users

1.5 Client Relocalization - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
lhr0909
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States562 Posts
August 04 2012 18:04 GMT
#21
On August 05 2012 01:35 CajunMan wrote:
So wait your saying provided you have an account there on that server. So if I take my smurf and re localize it to KR from US that actually does nothing because I don't have a KR account? I don't understand the point here am I missing something?


Yes this program does not swtich your accounts, but your SC2 program. So you still need to pay 50 bucks for a KR account.
No Pain No Gain
raVensc2
Profile Joined April 2011
116 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-05 02:24:06
August 05 2012 00:42 GMT
#22
On August 05 2012 01:31 lhr0909 wrote:
The ping does not seem super accurate.

[image loading]

Show nested quote +
July 28 2010 12:04 R1CH wrote:
Ping is not a very reliable way to determine if bnet is working or not as battle.net does not respond to ping. Additionally you are not pinging the actual game servers but the web servers. The bnet status thread stickied at the top of the SC2 forum should be more accurate as it actually tries to login to each realm.


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=139218

probably need to use tracert.


I'm using my own implementation of tracert, and I'm not pinging the servers. I'm still nailing it out, using tracert/net.networkinformation.ping is pretty new to me. I've got other things to work on first.

In a perfect situation like mine, the ping that the program shows should be the last hop of the tracert to the server through cmd, and that is what the ping in my picture shows It may just take a while to stabilize, it refreshes about every 5 seconds.


Example:
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
Comparison of tracert vs my program.
raVensc2
Profile Joined April 2011
116 Posts
August 05 2012 02:46 GMT
#23
The new versions of this program now come with an auto updater
JSy
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
149 Posts
August 05 2012 07:01 GMT
#24
Thanks for the work on the program. In general it sucks for us users to try and figure out whih of the many programs out there works especially as the game gets patched and not everyone is on top of updating their program or keeping the OP up-to-date. (I've had issues trying between relocalizer, relocalizerx, Bigfoot, ...) But as long as there is a working one out there, I've got no complaints.
raVensc2
Profile Joined April 2011
116 Posts
August 05 2012 07:35 GMT
#25
On August 05 2012 16:01 JSy wrote:
Thanks for the work on the program. In general it sucks for us users to try and figure out whih of the many programs out there works especially as the game gets patched and not everyone is on top of updating their program or keeping the OP up-to-date. (I've had issues trying between relocalizer, relocalizerx, Bigfoot, ...) But as long as there is a working one out there, I've got no complaints.


Thanks for the compliments dude <3. Like with STCI, my current main task is monitoring this thread for bug reports, and working on this program. I always keep my OP up to date, especially with the changelog. If you, as well as anyone else, have problems with this program or want to criticise or compliment it or me, please post! I love all your criticisms and compliments because I do this as a hobby which I support in my spare time <3
raVensc2
Profile Joined April 2011
116 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-06 08:47:24
August 06 2012 08:32 GMT
#26
[image loading]


Released a major update today - a major UI overhaul, several threading fixes and the ping system has been redesigned to be more reliable. I'll still look at the ping system to make it even more reliable, but it's fine for now
yeint
Profile Joined May 2011
Estonia2329 Posts
August 06 2012 08:34 GMT
#27
What happened to SC2 Global Play? I could have sworn they promised it in 1.5.
Not supporting teams who take robber baron money.
raVensc2
Profile Joined April 2011
116 Posts
August 06 2012 08:47 GMT
#28
On August 06 2012 17:34 yeint wrote:
What happened to SC2 Global Play? I could have sworn they promised it in 1.5.


Did they? I heard it was happening in HoTS for sure, but 1.5 was only for the Arcade/UI overhaul... :|
JSy
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
149 Posts
August 06 2012 08:54 GMT
#29
I'm encountering a bit of strange behaviour. I can't say if it's new with the latest version because this is my first time using it.

When I run the program for the first time, everything behaves and works as intended. When I run it again for a second time, I get a runtime error that .NET Framework v4.0.30319 is suddenly needed.

Unrelated, there is an uncaught exception when there is no user profile in documents with the Variables.txt which will cause the program to crash.
raVensc2
Profile Joined April 2011
116 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-06 10:24:11
August 06 2012 10:17 GMT
#30
On August 06 2012 17:54 JSy wrote:
I'm encountering a bit of strange behaviour. I can't say if it's new with the latest version because this is my first time using it.

When I run the program for the first time, everything behaves and works as intended. When I run it again for a second time, I get a runtime error that .NET Framework v4.0.30319 is suddenly needed.

Unrelated, there is an uncaught exception when there is no user profile in documents with the Variables.txt which will cause the program to crash.


Ooooh I know why, I forgot to set the updater to .NET 3.0. I'll release a new update in about 5 mins. You're going to have to redownload it manually though :|

Edit: Okay it's fixed now, you need to redownload it
JSy
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
149 Posts
August 07 2012 03:22 GMT
#31
Cool. I'll add that it worked regardless (I still had to run SC2 once so that the profile directories would get created)
FatCatG
Profile Joined August 2012
United States5 Posts
August 08 2012 20:48 GMT
#32
It worked perfectly for a while, but now whenever I try to switch to EU (as opposed to NA), it tells me that "An unexpected file management error has occurred. Please try again." Did Blizzard change/update anything that would break XLocalizer?
raVensc2
Profile Joined April 2011
116 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-08 22:07:43
August 08 2012 22:05 GMT
#33
On August 09 2012 05:48 FatCatG wrote:
It worked perfectly for a while, but now whenever I try to switch to EU (as opposed to NA), it tells me that "An unexpected file management error has occurred. Please try again." Did Blizzard change/update anything that would break XLocalizer?


That's weird, it works fine for me relocalizing to Italian, do you have a screenshot? When does this error occur? And what locale are you trying to relocalize to?
lhr0909
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States562 Posts
August 08 2012 22:10 GMT
#34
On August 09 2012 05:48 FatCatG wrote:
It worked perfectly for a while, but now whenever I try to switch to EU (as opposed to NA), it tells me that "An unexpected file management error has occurred. Please try again." Did Blizzard change/update anything that would break XLocalizer?



NA and KR is on 1.5.1, so if you relocalize to NA, and try to go back to EU, it will break.

Your client is temporarily stuck in 1.5.1 now

I am looking for a way to get my relocalizer to protect the update.
No Pain No Gain
raVensc2
Profile Joined April 2011
116 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-08 22:58:38
August 08 2012 22:58 GMT
#35
On August 09 2012 07:10 lhr0909 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2012 05:48 FatCatG wrote:
It worked perfectly for a while, but now whenever I try to switch to EU (as opposed to NA), it tells me that "An unexpected file management error has occurred. Please try again." Did Blizzard change/update anything that would break XLocalizer?



NA and KR is on 1.5.1, so if you relocalize to NA, and try to go back to EU, it will break.

Your client is temporarily stuck in 1.5.1 now

I am looking for a way to get my relocalizer to protect the update.


Oh I see, in that case the most you could 'protect the update' is to warn the user that the target locale client is on a different patch, unless I'm not understanding you correctly. I'll be implementing this later today, as I don't currently have my tools (at school >.>)

Thanks for the info though, I guess that makes us even
TheOldOne2
Profile Joined August 2012
1 Post
Last Edited: 2012-08-09 12:51:19
August 09 2012 02:21 GMT
#36
Ive tried it but when I open sc2 up it gives me a "an unexpected file management error has occured. please try again." I don't know what to do. Could I get any tips? Anyone encoutner the same problem? BTW, I'm am trying to switch from NA to EU. Also, do I still need a key to play and set up an account?
lhr0909
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States562 Posts
August 09 2012 05:34 GMT
#37
On August 09 2012 07:58 raVensc2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2012 07:10 lhr0909 wrote:
On August 09 2012 05:48 FatCatG wrote:
It worked perfectly for a while, but now whenever I try to switch to EU (as opposed to NA), it tells me that "An unexpected file management error has occurred. Please try again." Did Blizzard change/update anything that would break XLocalizer?



NA and KR is on 1.5.1, so if you relocalize to NA, and try to go back to EU, it will break.

Your client is temporarily stuck in 1.5.1 now

I am looking for a way to get my relocalizer to protect the update.


Oh I see, in that case the most you could 'protect the update' is to warn the user that the target locale client is on a different patch, unless I'm not understanding you correctly. I'll be implementing this later today, as I don't currently have my tools (at school >.>)

Thanks for the info though, I guess that makes us even

It's hard to grab version from anywhere tho. Feels like we need to manually maintain the versions.
No Pain No Gain
eddiemads
Profile Joined January 2011
United States15 Posts
August 14 2012 04:52 GMT
#38
I currently live in South Korea. I can go to a store and buy Starcraft 2.

I have gone to a PC-Bang (PC room with lots of computers set up for gaming) and logged in using my NA account. Everything was all in Korean, but after doing some clicking, I was able to do my placement matches (4W1L!!!)

I just finally installed Starcraft on my computer, but I am playing on NA, but would obviously like to be playing on KR. I am just a bit confused.

I would like to play Starcraft in English, on the Korean server. Do I already have an account on KR, since Ive played my matches?

Would it really just be easier to go and buy a new copy of the game? I would like it to be English though. Also, If i get the digital download, will it be in Korean? Will it ask which region I wish to play in?

Sorry lots of questions, please help!!!
right near da' beach.....boyeeee
raVensc2
Profile Joined April 2011
116 Posts
August 14 2012 06:56 GMT
#39
On August 14 2012 13:52 eddiemads wrote:
I currently live in South Korea. I can go to a store and buy Starcraft 2.

I have gone to a PC-Bang (PC room with lots of computers set up for gaming) and logged in using my NA account. Everything was all in Korean, but after doing some clicking, I was able to do my placement matches (4W1L!!!)

I just finally installed Starcraft on my computer, but I am playing on NA, but would obviously like to be playing on KR. I am just a bit confused.

I would like to play Starcraft in English, on the Korean server. Do I already have an account on KR, since Ive played my matches?

Would it really just be easier to go and buy a new copy of the game? I would like it to be English though. Also, If i get the digital download, will it be in Korean? Will it ask which region I wish to play in?

Sorry lots of questions, please help!!!


Currently, whether you use any relocalizer or install a new copy of the game for KR server, the text will remain Korean. If you do relocalize to KR, unless you have a KR account, you won't be able to play on the server.

As for the text changing (as well as other mods like STC), I'm working with lhr0909 to figure out a way to do it, but we need time, and we don't have a rough estimate of how long it will take at the moment (we're still getting things sorted up). Sorry =/
eddiemads
Profile Joined January 2011
United States15 Posts
August 14 2012 11:59 GMT
#40
OK. So since I am here I might as well just get a new copy, right?
right near da' beach.....boyeeee
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 619
Hyuk 446
Leta 96
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm221
League of Legends
JimRising 720
Other Games
summit1g9526
WinterStarcraft453
Mew2King82
ArmadaUGS55
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick988
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream154
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2260
League of Legends
• Rush1359
• Lourlo1098
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 40m
INu's Battles
6h 40m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
9h 40m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 40m
Replay Cast
17h 40m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 5h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.