• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:20
CEST 07:20
KST 14:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8000 users

1.5 Client Relocalization - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
raVensc2
Profile Joined April 2011
116 Posts
August 14 2012 12:22 GMT
#41
On August 14 2012 20:59 eddiemads wrote:
OK. So since I am here I might as well just get a new copy, right?


Yep, I mean, you're still going to need a KR copy if you want to play on the KR servers. You won't have English text on the KR client though :|
eddiemads
Profile Joined January 2011
United States15 Posts
August 14 2012 18:20 GMT
#42
is ok! thanks for the info!
right near da' beach.....boyeeee
dreadlordx
Profile Joined January 2012
United States80 Posts
August 26 2012 10:51 GMT
#43
How come when i use this, it does nothing, i cannot use the EU account I have??????
Play on Playa!!!!
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
August 27 2012 22:07 GMT
#44
Is there a way to relocalize the NA version to taiwan with this, but keep english writing? When I relocalized with this it changed all the writing to chinese so I have no clue what's what and can't really go through menus or profiles or anything. I was able with an older relocalizer version to change an NA client to taiwan but keep the english text/voice, but it seems neither this or the other new one do that.
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
Lokerek
Profile Joined December 2011
United States441 Posts
August 30 2012 23:46 GMT
#45
Hello,
After using TW version for so long I decided to change it to KR language.

As written, I downloaded the 1.5gb patch.
In my variables.txt, the necessary lines are set to koKR

However when I log in (after typing acc + pass), I am unable to log in and I get message
"언어 팩필요" - Using translator it says "Language pack needs"

What should I do in this case ? I remember I had this problem when I was switching between NA and TW version
but simple change to zhTW would solve the problem.
TDeathheaven
Profile Joined February 2011
9 Posts
August 31 2012 03:20 GMT
#46
they locked my account ..
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
August 31 2012 03:23 GMT
#47
On August 31 2012 12:20 TDeathheaven wrote:
they locked my account ..


For relocalizing? That would mean very bad things for a lot of people :/
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
raVensc2
Profile Joined April 2011
116 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-31 10:11:55
August 31 2012 05:53 GMT
#48
On August 31 2012 12:23 hunts wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2012 12:20 TDeathheaven wrote:
they locked my account ..


For relocalizing? That would mean very bad things for a lot of people :/


It would certainly spell trouble for many people, but I hope this is not the case. I don't see how this could make Blizzard ban/lock your account, because it's not hacking.

But if that's the case, then I guess we will have to push to figure things out quicker than what we currently are. I'm still collaborating with lhr0909 so that maybe sometime in the future we could have these types of relocalizations without having to redownload a patch, and maybe have mods (at least until HoTS). We're hoping this would be finished sometime in the following 5 weeks.

Edit: In an effort to clean up the updating process, as well as unify all of my programs (upcoming ones too) together, I've taken a different approach to updating. If you're having problems with it, please both PM me and try the old relocalizer from http://xplora.biz/XRelocalizer_Old.zip
raVensc2
Profile Joined April 2011
116 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-01 06:59:03
September 01 2012 06:58 GMT
#49
I've repackaged and reuploaded the new XRelocalizerLauncher program, so if you had trouble with the one I uploaded last night because you were on .NET 3.0, I've fixed it now, and I've made it smaller and more efficient. I've got a Battle.net launcher that I've been working on for a couple of months now that I'm going to release as alpha soon. That program will also use this new launcher, so I'm trying to push it towards being bugless for the time being.

Working on fixing a couple of things with the relocalizer now, which will include the tie problem
heaven-
Profile Joined February 2010
United States361 Posts
September 02 2012 16:38 GMT
#50
is this program going to create the sample problem that RICH's did???
The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.
SilSol
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden2744 Posts
September 02 2012 16:51 GMT
#51
Nice i hope this works i will try this one out!
http://fragbite.se/user/117868/silsol since 2006 http://www.reddit.com/u/silsol77
eXeJJu
Profile Joined December 2011
Switzerland55 Posts
September 02 2012 21:08 GMT
#52
Working well, thanks
Dont do Tommorow what you can do today.
raVensc2
Profile Joined April 2011
116 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-02 22:08:38
September 02 2012 22:04 GMT
#53
On September 03 2012 01:38 heaven- wrote:
is this program going to create the sample problem that RICH's did???


Everyone who has posted in this thread since 1.5.2 says it's worked fine, so I hope not. The only way for me to really know is based on feedback but if it does, I'll work to fix it.
TDeathheaven
Profile Joined February 2011
9 Posts
September 02 2012 22:40 GMT
#54
On August 31 2012 12:23 hunts wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2012 12:20 TDeathheaven wrote:
they locked my account ..


For relocalizing? That would mean very bad things for a lot of people :/


i think yes after i used the relocalizer it says " your account has been locked " or something like that but only my NA account EU id still works
-TaCvFOX-
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden6 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-10 10:03:00
September 10 2012 09:27 GMT
#55
Hi - I'm having some issues with patching.
I play on EU and I want to relocalize onto NA, but when the relocalizer wants me to open starcraft, it won't patch.
Please help!


Edit: Nvm , after like 1 hour it started patching... really strange...
When banelings strike you down, you don't have enough marines.
Topin
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Peru10128 Posts
September 12 2012 15:20 GMT
#56
just to be sure, this relocalizer is working fine in the 1.5.2, no tie problems or errors right?, gonna use it later, thx
i would define my style between a mix of ByuN, Maru and MKP
raVensc2
Profile Joined April 2011
116 Posts
September 12 2012 22:22 GMT
#57
On September 13 2012 00:20 Topin wrote:
just to be sure, this relocalizer is working fine in the 1.5.2, no tie problems or errors right?, gonna use it later, thx


It should be, I haven't gotten a lot of feedback on that matter, so I can't say with 100% certainty.
nbMifu
Profile Joined January 2010
Brazil170 Posts
September 25 2012 15:27 GMT
#58
raVensc2 Thank you very much for the effort!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle - Plato
TheMooseHeed
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom535 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-29 15:53:14
September 29 2012 15:52 GMT
#59
So I downloaded this to play some terran on NA but everytime I start a ladder game it loads to full and then just takes me back to the main menu and gives me a loss. Not quite sure what I can do to fix this. It was happening with riches one too.
''Swarm hosts are the worst thing in the world, I mean terrorism is pretty bad but swarmhosts are worse'' IdrA on ZvZ
n00bie51
Profile Joined February 2013
Korea (South)8 Posts
March 08 2013 00:58 GMT
#60
On August 14 2012 15:56 raVensc2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 14 2012 13:52 eddiemads wrote:
I currently live in South Korea. I can go to a store and buy Starcraft 2.

I have gone to a PC-Bang (PC room with lots of computers set up for gaming) and logged in using my NA account. Everything was all in Korean, but after doing some clicking, I was able to do my placement matches (4W1L!!!)

I just finally installed Starcraft on my computer, but I am playing on NA, but would obviously like to be playing on KR. I am just a bit confused.

I would like to play Starcraft in English, on the Korean server. Do I already have an account on KR, since Ive played my matches?

Would it really just be easier to go and buy a new copy of the game? I would like it to be English though. Also, If i get the digital download, will it be in Korean? Will it ask which region I wish to play in?

Sorry lots of questions, please help!!!


Currently, whether you use any relocalizer or install a new copy of the game for KR server, the text will remain Korean. If you do relocalize to KR, unless you have a KR account, you won't be able to play on the server.

As for the text changing (as well as other mods like STC), I'm working with lhr0909 to figure out a way to do it, but we need time, and we don't have a rough estimate of how long it will take at the moment (we're still getting things sorted up). Sorry =/
Bumping the thread to discuss, have you been able to successfully relocalize Korean clients in PC bangs?
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 619
Hyuk 446
Leta 96
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm221
League of Legends
JimRising 720
Other Games
summit1g9526
WinterStarcraft453
Mew2King82
ArmadaUGS55
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick988
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream154
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2260
League of Legends
• Rush1359
• Lourlo1098
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 40m
INu's Battles
6h 40m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
9h 40m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 40m
Replay Cast
17h 40m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 5h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.