• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:30
CEST 03:30
KST 10:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8698 users

Hybridic graphic settings - between Low and Medium - Page 14

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 32 Next All
A2340
Profile Joined July 2012
Canada106 Posts
July 17 2012 00:52 GMT
#261
Pretty cool. I used to use Ultra/Low defaults, but this seems a bit better. Thanks for sharing.
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-17 01:09:50
July 17 2012 01:09 GMT
#262
I tried switching to this, but it didnt seem to look any different than what i normally do.

Could you, instead of the variables.txt, list what each thing is on the bnet gfx changer menu thingy?

There are no serious reason to list it, because:
1) Needs a lot testing, and only some will use it. Mostly will stay at standart ingame options
2) Most players are okay with low-detalized Force Fields or smooth textures. They just doing everything low and they don't know other settings and don't want to know.

I tried it and it does not give me hybrid low setting, instead it gives me like a medium setting. For example CoLminigun's hybrid setting looks great but mine does not look like minigun's. Anyone give me hybrid low setting, just like minigun's hybrid setting or desrow's.

Thank You.

http://ru.twitch.tv/colminigun/b/325133339



Watched VODs from minigun and desRow, and I want to say, that it's same as current low-medium hybridic settings, that listed in 1st post.
ExCeLLos
Profile Joined December 2010
United States17 Posts
July 17 2012 01:18 GMT
#263
But are the txt u altered is same as low or high setting? Do I need to change my setting to medium and than implement the txt u changed? or Do I change my setting to LOW than implement the new txt that you posted.
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
July 17 2012 01:24 GMT
#264
But are the txt u altered is same as low or high setting? Do I need to change my setting to medium and than implement the txt u changed? or Do I change my setting to LOW than implement the new txt that you posted.

No matter, just add new strings to the end of variables.txt and it will change ingame graphic
Camlito
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Australia4040 Posts
July 17 2012 12:12 GMT
#265
I've been messing with graphics since game release and really testing out all the little things, and I finally after a year and a bit settled on low with medium terrain and dark gamma, but this is just perfect. Thanks heaps for it!
sAviOr...
StaraCroft
Profile Joined April 2012
Austria292 Posts
July 18 2012 01:29 GMT
#266
Eeek
I tried it and I had my first crash of SC2 in two years. Might be unrelated, but I'm still removing it from the settings. Just posting for the record if anyone else is having trouble. SC2 closed instantaneously without warning or error message, windows was still responsive.
trips
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom107 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-18 01:45:14
July 18 2012 01:44 GMT
#267
Been using this for a week or so now no problems same fps as low but looks SO much better.

Everyone should try it out.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
fapy
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia52 Posts
July 18 2012 06:23 GMT
#268
On July 18 2012 10:29 StaraCroft wrote:
Eeek
I tried it and I had my first crash of SC2 in two years. Might be unrelated, but I'm still removing it from the settings. Just posting for the record if anyone else is having trouble. SC2 closed instantaneously without warning or error message, windows was still responsive.


As soon as I started using these settings I would get random freezing in game that lasts 1 or 2 seconds. These look so much better, but it's unplayable.
Phoenixed
Profile Joined February 2012
11 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-18 11:25:04
July 18 2012 11:13 GMT
#269
Thanks so much for this. Because it does what it says AND it avoids OSX stuttering issue when shaders are set higher than Low.

P.S.
What's impressive is that even on Low settings, X8 replay speed would stutter. Not with this.
PresenceSc2
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia4032 Posts
July 18 2012 11:18 GMT
#270
gonna try it now
Stephano//HerO//TaeJa//Squirtle//Bomber
Euronyme
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden3804 Posts
July 18 2012 11:35 GMT
#271
On July 11 2012 17:43 figq wrote:
frameratecap=40
frameratecapGlue=20
(or whatever FPS cap fits your machine) really help to make this work better
at first after applying the OP, i was going up to 100 FPS, which can melt my cpu, but re-adding the FPS caps solved it


What does the glue thing do? I assume the frameratecap means that the game can't go over 40 fps.
I bet i can maı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨̨̨̨̨̨ke you wipe your screen.
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-18 15:09:44
July 18 2012 15:08 GMT
#272
What does the glue thing do? I assume the frameratecap means that the game can't go over 40 fps.

Battlecruiser and other animated backgrounds at battlenet interface

As soon as I started using these settings I would get random freezing in game that lasts 1 or 2 seconds. These look so much better, but it's unplayable.

Use framecap parameters
Euronyme
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden3804 Posts
July 19 2012 03:42 GMT
#273
Yeah I got really laggy. Might be because my computer is getting kind of old though. 2 years. Still starcraft 2 'recommends' full ultra settings so I'm not sure why it can't handle it, but that's just one of those things I guess.. =(
I bet i can maı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨̨̨̨̨̨ke you wipe your screen.
iremnant3847
Profile Joined June 2012
Taiwan269 Posts
July 19 2012 10:15 GMT
#274
Existor, thanks for taking your time to modify graphics settings to make this!

Unfortunately, I tried playing a ladder game with my new graphics settings and was forced to drop because of the horrendously low frame rate. My computer is very old and it lags whenever shaders are set to medium, which is most likely why I could not play with the hybrid settings. However, the game looks beautiful and it is very easy to differentiate between units and terrain. Great job~
Chrono000
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Korea (South)358 Posts
July 19 2012 10:32 GMT
#275
Anyone else finding it harder to stream with these settings?
Czarnodziej
Profile Joined January 2011
Poland624 Posts
July 19 2012 10:34 GMT
#276
Great work Existor!
I always wanted to make settings look both pretty and with clear visibility, which these settings can achieve.

The common misconception I see in this thread is that people expect this settings to skyrocket their FPS when they play on pretty outdated hardware. Unfortunately, this is not the case. To play above "low" you need at least semi-decent hardware - high clocked cpu (number of cores doesnt really matter) and then even middle ground gpu will do.

I think there should be a disclaimer in the OP that these settings require at least semi-good hardware to really shine.
plogamer
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Canada3132 Posts
July 19 2012 10:38 GMT
#277
Using it rightnow. Thank you OP! Honestly, I don't notice the difference since I'm too focused on the game to take the time to appreciate the beauty. But, I really should chill out and admire my units once in a while. It's easy to forget that it's just a game (to me).
nebula.
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Sweden1431 Posts
July 19 2012 10:44 GMT
#278
I tried this but get really low FPS (I'm usually above 100 in-game but with this like 35-40). Does anyone have a clue about what might be causing this? Thanks
I miss you July ~~~ I was in PonyTales #7 wooho!
iremnant3847
Profile Joined June 2012
Taiwan269 Posts
July 19 2012 11:28 GMT
#279
On July 19 2012 19:34 Czarnodziej wrote:
Great work Existor!
I always wanted to make settings look both pretty and with clear visibility, which these settings can achieve.

The common misconception I see in this thread is that people expect this settings to skyrocket their FPS when they play on pretty outdated hardware. Unfortunately, this is not the case. To play above "low" you need at least semi-decent hardware - high clocked cpu (number of cores doesnt really matter) and then even middle ground gpu will do.

I think there should be a disclaimer in the OP that these settings require at least semi-good hardware to really shine.


If you are referring to my post, I would just like to say that I never expected my computer to perform brilliantly. The only reason I posted was because it seemed like Existor put time and effort to create this, and I wanted to thank him for bringing this to the community, even if it means I can't enjoy it.
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-19 11:47:31
July 19 2012 11:46 GMT
#280
Regarding FPS drops. I've added framecap parameters (that limits your FPS to 60 ingame and to 30 in Battle.Net menu with animated background).

Probably that will work now? You should test it. I can't say how to fix those FPS drops, because I don't have them and I can't find source of the problem.

I think there should be a disclaimer in the OP that these settings require at least semi-good hardware to really shine.

Thx for info.I'll add it.
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 32 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft492
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta20
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft492
WinterStarcraft346
RuFF_SC2 94
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 963
White-Ra 152
NaDa 60
Hyuk 60
Noble 57
Bale 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm164
LuMiX1
League of Legends
Doublelift4793
Counter-Strike
taco 477
minikerr21
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox655
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor741
Other Games
summit1g7055
Coldzera 865
C9.Mang0307
Mew2King55
ViBE53
ArmadaUGS47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick672
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream88
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 98
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21508
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
8h 30m
Online Event
9h 30m
FEL
14h 30m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 30m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 30m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.