• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:23
CEST 20:23
KST 03:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10744 users

Interview with Flash about SC2 - Page 53

Forum Index > SC2 General
1275 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 51 52 53 54 55 64 Next
For_The_Dream
Profile Joined June 2010
12 Posts
May 13 2012 06:20 GMT
#1041
The funny thing is, I know FOR A FACT that not a single person critisizing Flash even came close to competing at his level. What people looking from the side don't understand is that, his opinion isn't a fact - its simply his view AT HIS CURRENT LEVEL and vision of the the game played AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL.
Unless you have EVER tried to reach highest level in ANYTHING your opinion holds no value, you can post it freely but when you try to argue with someone who is aiming to be the best - its just laughable.
Hell he could be wrong but it wouldn't make you right even IF YOU ARE RIGHT on which race is strongest, simply because he and other BW pro players will be the biggest factor at SOLVING THROUGH EXPERIENCE it while you are theorycrafting based on most likely false facts that you learned through playing at lower levels.
Being the best at such a highlevel of competition like BroodWar has NOTHING - ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with talent or any other socially accepted terms.

His statement that he is still a noob while being #5 at Masters is his way of saying that he isn't even close to playing what he thinks how the game should be played there are many things he WILL improve at before even considering himself a solid player.
Being a noob doesn't mean being bad, its a stupid misconception and is relative to your vision of yourself. If you think you should be the #1 then losing/winning games because of stupid mistakes is a noobish thing for you. This is why in their interviews EVEN in recent years you will always hear Flash/Jaedong/Bisu say that they will improve for the next game. Why? Because they know they made mistakes that they shouldn't have made, even if they win - they know that their opponents willl study and find their mistakes so if they don't correct them next time results might be different. This is how Flash has STAYED at the top, he never thinks that he is untouchable because he himself knows that even his BEST plays could be improved.

This is why highlevel players should understand and value even incorrect insights from people like Flash because they know that THEY THEMSELVES could be wrong.
Thorn Raven
Profile Joined November 2010
United States126 Posts
May 13 2012 07:14 GMT
#1042
On May 13 2012 00:55 Duka08 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 02:17 Clefairy wrote:

We can't not talk about the Season 1 final. How did you feel at the time?
I'm not as affected by losing as people might think. It only makes me angry at the time and then I tend to forget it immediately. I cried because I was touched by the fans, but I'm okay. Even though I lost they all cheered "Lee Young Ho Fighting". I cried because of the fans. It was the first time I felt something like that. Because I prepared very hard and did everything in my power I have no regrets. I accepted defeat.

This gem of a quote has been lost amidst all the SC2 comments and hype. This mindset makes me more excited for more Flash than anything really.

Lee Young Ho fighting


Amen brother. ^^
oMNY.SEA
Profile Joined July 2011
Australia47 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-13 08:37:05
May 13 2012 08:35 GMT
#1043
On May 12 2012 16:55 FabledIntegral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 16:26 -AiKameoZero- wrote:
On May 12 2012 16:12 takingbackoj wrote:
On May 12 2012 14:20 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On May 12 2012 14:14 Aserrin wrote:
People here thinking that they could have a more educated opinion than Flash?

Ohohoho
Ahahaha
Ehehehe

Christ.

Anyone who has played SC2, or watched SC2, for more than one month has a more educated opinion than Flash.

No one bowed down the Michael Jordan a month after he swung his first Baseball bat. No matter how "godly" he may be in BW, Flash is still an inexperienced rookie in SC2.

Going for a record with how many unsubstantiated claims you can make in one thread I see. How many games has Flash played exactly? If you don't know then just tell me how many hours he's put into it. Im guessing you know or this statement wouldbe baseless and just be made up to suit your purposes.


all i can say is wow a player who watchs starcraft has more knowledge ow does that work out considering hes already within 3 weeks of play top master league noobs like u dont realise that watching streams u may know the basics and what looks balanced and stuff but only whern u play at that high level masters can u know what balance is because if ur micro and macro isent high masters u cant feel what is and isent truly balanced oh and michael jordan played basket ball u moronic gold league scrub


Oh haha you make me chuckle.

Think about what the poster you quoted was trying to say.

Jordan was god at basketball, but people didn't worship him when he switched over to baseball. Which yes, he did play baseball, that was the point the poster was trying to make. Now think of how he's trying to relate that to Flash.

It hurt to read your post though (in terms of punctuation).



Oh man, amusing +5000. Was scrolling down looking for this as soon as i saw "michael jordan played basket ball u moronic gold league scrub".

Hahahahaha KameoZero, you primary school league scrub! Seriously, use a full stop every now and again.


Edit: Lee Young Ho fighting Wewt!
SoniC_eu
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark1008 Posts
May 13 2012 09:08 GMT
#1044
On May 13 2012 16:14 Thorn Raven wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2012 00:55 Duka08 wrote:
On May 12 2012 02:17 Clefairy wrote:

We can't not talk about the Season 1 final. How did you feel at the time?
I'm not as affected by losing as people might think. It only makes me angry at the time and then I tend to forget it immediately. I cried because I was touched by the fans, but I'm okay. Even though I lost they all cheered "Lee Young Ho Fighting". I cried because of the fans. It was the first time I felt something like that. Because I prepared very hard and did everything in my power I have no regrets. I accepted defeat.

This gem of a quote has been lost amidst all the SC2 comments and hype. This mindset makes me more excited for more Flash than anything really.

Lee Young Ho fighting


Amen brother. ^^

Powerful stuff man. +1000
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. http://da.twitch.tv/sonic_eu
Tyree
Profile Joined November 2010
1508 Posts
May 13 2012 09:22 GMT
#1045
On May 13 2012 11:21 riff wrote:
Flash is the best RTS player of all time. I'd take his snap balance judgement over some mediocre pro's any day. It's laughable that people are saying he's just a noob and doesn't know what he's talking about.


Ugh, people are just reciting what everyone else is saying, without watching other people who dominated the game before. That Flash is the undisputed best BW player of all time, give me a break. iloveoov in his prime was a far more impressive player that i would argue faced far bigger competition than Flash did.

I am glad he is playing SC2, but the absolute cold water in your face when you realize he isent some god will be funny to witness
★ Top Gun ★
MildSeven
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada311 Posts
May 13 2012 10:17 GMT
#1046
Flash started at a bad time when protoss players are starting to fully grasp how to abuse their race, it took long enough because protoss players were basically shit for most of the SC2 timeline
shadymmj
Profile Joined June 2010
1906 Posts
May 13 2012 10:49 GMT
#1047
On May 13 2012 18:22 Tyree wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2012 11:21 riff wrote:
Flash is the best RTS player of all time. I'd take his snap balance judgement over some mediocre pro's any day. It's laughable that people are saying he's just a noob and doesn't know what he's talking about.


Ugh, people are just reciting what everyone else is saying, without watching other people who dominated the game before. That Flash is the undisputed best BW player of all time, give me a break. iloveoov in his prime was a far more impressive player that i would argue faced far bigger competition than Flash did.

I am glad he is playing SC2, but the absolute cold water in your face when you realize he isent some god will be funny to witness


um no...

oov statistically may have dominated a bit more, but flash has to deal with tbls

oov was not a complete player either. some parts were lacking in his play.
There is no such thing is "e-sports". There is Brood War, and then there is crap for nerds.
kinsky
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany368 Posts
May 13 2012 11:09 GMT
#1048
he just totally nailed it with the balance talk...poor terrans
MementoMori
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada419 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-13 11:59:25
May 13 2012 11:54 GMT
#1049
Are you people just not noticing that he's not whining about balance? He said what he thinks is OP, said he hopes Blizzard fixes it, then at the end said if he thinks terran is weak in HOTS he'll switch races. Why assume it's an idle threat or something that he'd switch? He's new to the game and if he wants to switch races because he thinks that race is the strongest then good for him.

Also why would you argue with the best BW player of all time? It's not like he's never seen a game of SC2 before even if he hasn't been playing it. I'm sure he can see how the game works much more clearly than most.
for the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
TheWorldToCome
Profile Joined January 2012
United States452 Posts
May 13 2012 12:12 GMT
#1050
On May 13 2012 14:55 Zeke50100 wrote:
1. All Koreans are gods of gaming. No exceptions.
2. Bronze level Koreans who bought the game retail last Saturday are GM rank 3 or higher in NA servers. All of them.
3. Being good at a game gives you a better understanding of games you've never played before. Fact.
4. When a Korean is involved in number 3, they are instantly more credible than all of the rest of the inferior people in the world. Combined.
5. When it's a pro-gamer involved, their word is final. Always.
6. Random people on the internet have the credibility to talk about people whom they have never seen in person.

.


I agree with you. I can't stand the fact that people are saying that we shouldn't listen to Flash's comments on balance I mean, I would definitely say that Flash knows more about SC2 than the current group we have now (DRG,MKP,MC etc)

Hopefully people will realize how wrong they are.
Starcraft 2 was designed to have a best race. You play the worst one.
Destroyr
Profile Joined November 2011
Germany299 Posts
May 13 2012 12:17 GMT
#1051
On May 13 2012 18:08 SoniC_eu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2012 16:14 Thorn Raven wrote:
On May 13 2012 00:55 Duka08 wrote:
On May 12 2012 02:17 Clefairy wrote:

We can't not talk about the Season 1 final. How did you feel at the time?
I'm not as affected by losing as people might think. It only makes me angry at the time and then I tend to forget it immediately. I cried because I was touched by the fans, but I'm okay. Even though I lost they all cheered "Lee Young Ho Fighting". I cried because of the fans. It was the first time I felt something like that. Because I prepared very hard and did everything in my power I have no regrets. I accepted defeat.

This gem of a quote has been lost amidst all the SC2 comments and hype. This mindset makes me more excited for more Flash than anything really.

Lee Young Ho fighting


Amen brother. ^^

Powerful stuff man. +1000


This sneaky Bisu! Poor Flash... time for revenge?!
weiliem
Profile Joined January 2008
2073 Posts
May 13 2012 12:24 GMT
#1052
What are some difficulties for you?
I think there's a problem with the balance. Protoss is overpowered so I hope they balance it out.

What exactly about Protoss is overpowered?

Everything. Forcefields are OP, gateways are OP too...

Even the god cant take the OPness of protoss, and yet ppl complain....
Oppa feeding style
Euronyme
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden3804 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-13 13:16:00
May 13 2012 13:12 GMT
#1053
I'm kind of disappointed that Flash's so early to jump on the balance bandwagon..
Has whining in public ever been productive?
It's like a football player whining about his team being bad and how every other team is better than his team and how he hopes management gets his team mates better.
Just pathetic.

Edit. I recall day9, incontrol and nony talking about BW players discussing maps rather than race balance, and how that was something to lean in SC2. It seems like they were wrong and we're in for a whole new wave of imba cries.
I bet i can maı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨̨̨̨̨̨ke you wipe your screen.
YouthSC
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom355 Posts
May 13 2012 13:15 GMT
#1054
On May 13 2012 22:12 Euronyme wrote:
I'm kind of disappointed that Flash's so early to jump on the balance bandwagon..
Has whining in public ever been productive?
It's like a football player whining about his team being bad and how every other team is better than his team and how he hopes management gets his team mates better.
Just pathetic.


Your football analogy is SO BAD!
I'm amazed!

It would be like saying: "The referee was on their side", and it actually being true.
-> Blizzard is on side of protoss, so makes them better than terran. That's the way it is.
The more I practice, the luckier I get!
GodZo
Profile Joined November 2011
Italy224 Posts
May 13 2012 13:15 GMT
#1055
God don't need a buff, so Flash is a Human.
프로토스, Yellow, GdZ
phoenixfeather95
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
665 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-13 13:17:30
May 13 2012 13:17 GMT
#1056
On May 13 2012 22:12 Euronyme wrote:
I'm kind of disappointed that Flash's so early to jump on the balance bandwagon..
Has whining in public ever been productive?
It's like a football player whining about his team being bad and how every other team is better than his team and how he hopes management gets his team mates better.
Just pathetic.


But I don't think that analogy works well, he's not complaining that he's bad at the game Oo

It's more like he's complaining that another football team is using better equipment (shoes etc.) which makes the race (the team) imba, at least that's what I think
@dbrisingr
Euronyme
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden3804 Posts
May 13 2012 13:18 GMT
#1057
On May 13 2012 22:15 YouthSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2012 22:12 Euronyme wrote:
I'm kind of disappointed that Flash's so early to jump on the balance bandwagon..
Has whining in public ever been productive?
It's like a football player whining about his team being bad and how every other team is better than his team and how he hopes management gets his team mates better.
Just pathetic.


Your football analogy is SO BAD!
I'm amazed!

It would be like saying: "The referee was on their side", and it actually being true.
-> Blizzard is on side of protoss, so makes them better than terran. That's the way it is.


Yeah I'm pretty bad with analogies. That blizzard would be on the side of protoss is funny though considering David Kim prefers T iirc.
If you've followed SC2 for longer than 2 weeks you'd realize that terran's been considered OP for the better part of the time the game's been out.
How many of each race d'you think in total have been in code S for instance?
How many of each race have won tournaments?
Quit whining and play the game to find a solution.
I bet i can maı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨̨̨̨̨̨ke you wipe your screen.
Vildhjarta
Profile Joined September 2011
Sweden126 Posts
May 13 2012 13:18 GMT
#1058
On May 13 2012 22:12 Euronyme wrote:
I'm kind of disappointed that Flash's so early to jump on the balance bandwagon..
Has whining in public ever been productive?
It's like a football player whining about his team being bad and how every other team is better than his team and how he hopes management gets his team mates better.
Just pathetic.


OMG why is everyone so touchy? EVERYONE need to express their oh so vaulueable opinions. IT'S AN OUT RAGE!!! No it's not. he's new to the game and at first things might seem way off.. ESPECIALLY when you come from a PRO BW scene. But no you don't take 2 seconds to think about that before you spill your precious important insight on what an outrage this is. YOU personify exactly what I hate about TL and about this scene. YOU are killing esports for me. Stop it.
No man has ever been entirely and completely himself. Yet each one strives to become that, one in an awkward, the other in a more intelligent way, each as best he can. - Hermann Hesse, Demian
Chargelot
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
2275 Posts
May 13 2012 13:19 GMT
#1059
Can this please be proof of his lack of skill in SC2 now? His skill will need to be earned, like everyone else earned theirs. It's not so much that balance issues are sensitive in SC2 as it is that it's laughable to hear a "top" player whine so much. I don't think he is actually faced with OP problems, I think he just doesn't know how to handle them.

Experience will set him straight, if he wants to make something of himself in SC2 at least.
if (post == "stupid") { document.getElementById('post').style.display = 'none'; }
Necro)Phagist(
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada6667 Posts
May 13 2012 13:19 GMT
#1060
Everyone in this thread is missing the biggest point.... Flash wants to come to CANADA! Suck it Americans :D

Hehe just kidding <3
"Are you talking to me? Because your authority is not recognized in fort kick ass!"" ||Park Jung Suk|| |MC|HerO|HyuN|
Prev 1 51 52 53 54 55 64 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
Clem vs Harstem
Harstem490
IndyStarCraft 238
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 490
IndyStarCraft 238
Railgan 78
BRAT_OK 63
JuggernautJason62
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15106
BeSt 382
Mini 200
Soma 189
Dewaltoss 142
Mind 94
hero 65
Zeus 43
Hyun 41
ToSsGirL 25
[ Show more ]
Bale 23
NaDa 20
Rock 19
PianO 18
Sacsri 4
Dota 2
Gorgc4867
qojqva2703
420jenkins545
Counter-Strike
fl0m3476
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4967
Khaldor1275
Liquid`Hasu1059
MindelVK8
Other Games
FrodaN1735
B2W.Neo801
byalli434
Hui .265
QueenE74
Mew2King50
summit1g0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1158
BasetradeTV190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream52
StarCraft 2
angryscii 19
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 36
• Reevou 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 45
• blackmanpl 19
• 80smullet 5
• FirePhoenix4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4211
League of Legends
• Nemesis1923
Other Games
• imaqtpie764
• Shiphtur291
• WagamamaTV234
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
38m
BSL Open Qualifier
38m
Replay Cast
4h 38m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 38m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
16h 38m
Monday Night Weeklies
21h 38m
Replay Cast
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 16h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.