• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:44
CEST 20:44
KST 03:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8723 users

Red Bull Battlegrounds - Page 12

Forum Index > SC2 General
1542 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 78 Next
khanan
Profile Joined July 2011
47 Posts
May 02 2012 11:27 GMT
#221
It doesnt say if they sell alcohol at the place?!
There is no right, or wrong; only fun, and boring.
slkeene
Profile Joined November 2011
United States26 Posts
May 02 2012 15:54 GMT
#222
@khanan good question. There will be full concessions like you'd find at any typical sporting event including alcohol.

Sam @ Red Bull
1 shot @ greatness
Swords
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
6038 Posts
May 02 2012 16:01 GMT
#223
This event looks really awesome, but I'm pretty underwhelmed by the caster pool. All of the personalities are fun, but, aside from Day9, none of those casters really provide much in terms of analysis/sometimes call lots of things incorrectly (and even Day9 has fallen victim to this lately). That being said, these players should provide some pretty fantastic games, so the casting shouldn't matter too much.
NoBanMeAgain
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States194 Posts
May 02 2012 20:54 GMT
#224
On May 03 2012 01:01 Swords wrote:
This event looks really awesome, but I'm pretty underwhelmed by the caster pool. All of the personalities are fun, but, aside from Day9, none of those casters really provide much in terms of analysis/sometimes call lots of things incorrectly (and even Day9 has fallen victim to this lately). That being said, these players should provide some pretty fantastic games, so the casting shouldn't matter too much.


You really need to give those guys a HUGE break. Casting is a lot harder than people think it is (any job that is done well appears easy) I dont't know if you consider yourself a pro or not but there is NO way you can predict what a player is going to do. People try new things all the time so "calling lots of things incorrectly"? I don't think anyone has the right to criticize them in that way....(that's just me speaking) but try casting yourself once. How bout in front of 20k+ viewers. I agree that that wewill see some fantastic games. But to say the caster pool is underwhelming is completely not true.
'Widow mines will split open the earth, releasing the fiery bats of hell. The skies will grow black with the shadows of the medivacs, and they shall see no light but the harsh exhaust of afterburners. MajOr-16:1
Wampaibist
Profile Joined July 2010
United States478 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-02 21:22:44
May 02 2012 21:22 GMT
#225
On May 03 2012 01:01 Swords wrote:
This event looks really awesome, but I'm pretty underwhelmed by the caster pool. All of the personalities are fun, but, aside from Day9, none of those casters really provide much in terms of analysis/sometimes call lots of things incorrectly (and even Day9 has fallen victim to this lately). That being said, these players should provide some pretty fantastic games, so the casting shouldn't matter too much.



rob simposon is actualyl really good
hifriend
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
China7935 Posts
May 02 2012 21:26 GMT
#226
On May 03 2012 01:01 Swords wrote:
This event looks really awesome, but I'm pretty underwhelmed by the caster pool. All of the personalities are fun, but, aside from Day9, none of those casters really provide much in terms of analysis/sometimes call lots of things incorrectly (and even Day9 has fallen victim to this lately). That being said, these players should provide some pretty fantastic games, so the casting shouldn't matter too much.

Husky has decent analysis these days.
MrMercuG
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands2389 Posts
May 02 2012 21:27 GMT
#227
On May 03 2012 01:01 Swords wrote:
This event looks really awesome, but I'm pretty underwhelmed by the caster pool. All of the personalities are fun, but, aside from Day9, none of those casters really provide much in terms of analysis/sometimes call lots of things incorrectly (and even Day9 has fallen victim to this lately). That being said, these players should provide some pretty fantastic games, so the casting shouldn't matter too much.


NO that is incorrect! Day9 is never wrong!
Choboo
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Sweden2088 Posts
May 02 2012 21:28 GMT
#228
On May 03 2012 01:01 Swords wrote:
This event looks really awesome, but I'm pretty underwhelmed by the caster pool. All of the personalities are fun, but, aside from Day9, none of those casters really provide much in terms of analysis/sometimes call lots of things incorrectly (and even Day9 has fallen victim to this lately). That being said, these players should provide some pretty fantastic games, so the casting shouldn't matter too much.

I agree it's too bad they really only have play-by-play casters there. They'd need someone like Artosis, Rotterdam, Grubby, Wolf or Apollo to really make it perfect. I'm pretty stoked anyway tho, will be awesome for sure!
SaSe fan club manager
Swords
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
6038 Posts
May 02 2012 22:05 GMT
#229
On May 03 2012 05:54 ImANinjaBich wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 03 2012 01:01 Swords wrote:
This event looks really awesome, but I'm pretty underwhelmed by the caster pool. All of the personalities are fun, but, aside from Day9, none of those casters really provide much in terms of analysis/sometimes call lots of things incorrectly (and even Day9 has fallen victim to this lately). That being said, these players should provide some pretty fantastic games, so the casting shouldn't matter too much.


You really need to give those guys a HUGE break. Casting is a lot harder than people think it is (any job that is done well appears easy) I dont't know if you consider yourself a pro or not but there is NO way you can predict what a player is going to do. People try new things all the time so "calling lots of things incorrectly"? I don't think anyone has the right to criticize them in that way....(that's just me speaking) but try casting yourself once. How bout in front of 20k+ viewers. I agree that that wewill see some fantastic games. But to say the caster pool is underwhelming is completely not true.



I'm not really trying to bash the casters, I'm sorry if it sounded like that. It is obviously a difficult job, but their job is to entertain us, and if I, or anyone else don't find them entertaining we should be allowed to criticize them - not by saying "these guys suck" but by giving constructive criticism that allows them to improve. Casters shouldn't be given a free pass on criticism because it's a hard job, that'd be like saying we aren't allowed to criticism politicians because their jobs are hard. Casters get paid a lot of money to entertain us, and I think it's fine to criticize if you feel caster pairings are bad or they could improve.

In light of that, just a few thoughts on these casters. I used to love Wheat and Day9, but lately I feel like they have picked up a real tendency to start just shouting when stuff is going on - and not "look at this micro here!" or "he's going to snipe this colossus" - just plain shouting like "OH NO OH NO OH NO!" or "OOOOOOOOOOOOOO". To me that's great if I'm watching an event with friends, but great casters in sports will tell you what's going on in a very exciting manner (this is something Total Biscuit is very good at, despite not having great game knowledge). If they fixed this and stuck to their normal style I'd probably go back to loving them.

Husky I haven't watched for awhile and I feel like his attention seems to be in a lot of places that aren't necessarily Starcraft. I don't know if this is truly the case - I just haven't heard him for a long time. I hope he's still very on top of his game knowledge. Me criticizing him is probably very unfair.

As for Rob Simpson, I find he does very well when paired with someone who is quite analytical and outspoken. He has a nice voice, and is pretty good at letting everyone know what's going on. However, he isn't big on initiating discussions or on deciding what's actually going on. Last mlg (Columbus) I saw game ending pushes where it seemed like he and JP had no clue that it was now or never that the game was going to end and we'd have no build up to the final conflict. I found that disappointing as a viewer. When I've seen games with Rob and Artosis or Rob and Day9 I believe he does a lot better. I assume they'll all be pairing with one another for this event, so I imagine that would be okay. I don't know how he'll do with Wheat or Husky though.

I hope that explains my initial post. I'm not trying to cause some kind of Redditesque witchhunt or try to bash these guys. I think they're all quite talented. However I see room for improvement and I'm sad we don't have any of the more deep analytical guys - like Artosis or Grubby.
Catatonic
Profile Joined August 2011
United States699 Posts
May 02 2012 22:14 GMT
#230
I thought I read IPL4 was Bombers last tournament or something? Guess I read wrong though glad to see him :D
T: DeMuslim SeleCT. P: Naniwa Genius. Z: IdrA Destiny Team: EG
Fueled
Profile Joined October 2011
United States1610 Posts
May 02 2012 23:11 GMT
#231
This is going to be awesome! I can't wait to see the rest of the players. So far so good!
The Wood League - Where a double gas opening can still mean a Marine/SCV all-in
dacimvrl
Profile Joined December 2011
Vatican City State582 Posts
May 03 2012 00:23 GMT
#232
wa oh, so many top players invited, now, accept those invitations!!
slkeene
Profile Joined November 2011
United States26 Posts
May 03 2012 00:27 GMT
#233
@dacimrvl the players listed are all confirmed. More to be announced Friday!

Sam @ Red Bull
1 shot @ greatness
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
May 03 2012 01:17 GMT
#234
On May 03 2012 07:14 Catatonic wrote:
I thought I read IPL4 was Bombers last tournament or something? Guess I read wrong though glad to see him :D


that was april fools hahaha :D
i hope to see MKP here! he can stay in the us for a fortnight, Spring Arena 1 - Red Bull - Spring Champs? :D
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
yeaR
Profile Joined January 2012
United Kingdom100 Posts
May 03 2012 01:35 GMT
#235
This is good, it might even incite Monster Energy to do something other than sponsor EG (and that itself is huge).

Anyways, this makes me happy.
Rossen
Profile Joined February 2011
Denmark177 Posts
May 03 2012 07:10 GMT
#236
HuK, come show everyone just how dreamy you are! :D DREAM_HUK fighting! ♥
ArcadeR
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany199 Posts
May 03 2012 07:15 GMT
#237
Great Tournament, especially the prize distribution down to the top 16 player... But the picture of Husky is just -> xDDD ...omg this beard looks awful xDD
MaNaVoId
Profile Joined February 2012
492 Posts
May 03 2012 13:56 GMT
#238
Why no squirtle and hero?
Trinz
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia72 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-04 01:09:23
May 04 2012 01:08 GMT
#239
Great players, casters and venue. Really looking forward to this event! I lol'd at Huskies photo
damageundone
Profile Joined April 2012
United States4 Posts
May 04 2012 01:22 GMT
#240
Just got this email, thanks Red Bull!

"Hello,

As a special gift to you, Red Bull has decided to pay the service fees for all tickets to the Red Bull Battlegrounds events at ACL - Live at the Moody Theater on May 26th - 27th.

We have returned these fees back to the credit card used to make this purchase. You will remain billed for any shipping fees associated with your order. Expect to see this credit within the next 5-7 business days. We did not cancel your tickets, only the fees associated with this order."
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 78 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM776
TKL 274
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 776
ByuN 344
mouzHeroMarine 312
TKL 274
IndyStarCraft 186
BRAT_OK 60
MindelVK 31
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16009
Calm 2568
Horang2 400
Dewaltoss 176
Mini 145
Rush 84
Zeus 47
EffOrt 36
Free 35
Trap 25
[ Show more ]
Bale 18
ToSsGirL 17
scan(afreeca) 15
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
febbydoto9
LuMiX0
League of Legends
KnowMe46
Counter-Strike
fl0m5263
pashabiceps1572
Fnx 799
edward27
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King72
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2496
Liquid`Hasu498
Other Games
singsing1743
Liquid`RaSZi1636
Beastyqt857
B2W.Neo355
C9.Mang0298
crisheroes215
dupreeh148
QueenE110
Trikslyr72
UpATreeSC57
JuggernautJason20
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH308
• EnkiAlexander 33
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 20
• Michael_bg 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2661
League of Legends
• Nemesis3314
• TFBlade627
Other Games
• imaqtpie809
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
15h 16m
INu's Battles
16h 16m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
18h 16m
OSC
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 4h
OSC
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.