• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:17
CEST 17:17
KST 00:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8393 users

Program: Starcraft 2 Opponent Information - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
KenZo-
Profile Joined December 2010
Faroe Islands190 Posts
April 30 2012 10:20 GMT
#141
Ahh, I see, thank you for that. I see your point on the race thing, that would be odd indeed. ^^

Another thing, the program makes my CPU work 30-40% more whenever I start it while streaming... seems odd, for a small program. Is this normal?
Redback93
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia187 Posts
April 30 2012 12:33 GMT
#142
On April 30 2012 19:20 KenZo- wrote:
Ahh, I see, thank you for that. I see your point on the race thing, that would be odd indeed. ^^

Another thing, the program makes my CPU work 30-40% more whenever I start it while streaming... seems odd, for a small program. Is this normal?


Yeah, this has been asked to me a few times. I've never found this to be the case on my system. It usually uses around 7 or 8 mb of memory, so I don't think I can help you there. I believe this is caused by the interaction of Starcraft and the program, and it's Starcraft lagging.
killerdog
Profile Joined February 2010
Denmark6522 Posts
April 30 2012 12:54 GMT
#143
I'm curious, does this draw its information from sc2ranks.com, or from sc2/battle.net servers, because if its from sc2/b.net servers, it must be possible to have it check the players match history thorugh their profile. if i'm laddering and i hit a zerg, a little popup as the game loads/starts giving the openings that player used in his last five ZvP's he played would be a pretty big advantage, as i could know if he tends to gas first, or early pool, or hatch first.

I probably wouldn't use this (feels a bit like cheating) but if it's possible i'm sure there are a lot of people who might download it. Dunno if it's possible with the same techniques which this program uses, but it's an idea. ^.^
grigorin
Profile Joined December 2009
Austria275 Posts
April 30 2012 13:04 GMT
#144
On April 30 2012 21:54 killerdog wrote:
I'm curious, does this draw its information from sc2ranks.com, or from sc2/battle.net servers, because if its from sc2/b.net servers, it must be possible to have it check the players match history thorugh their profile. if i'm laddering and i hit a zerg, a little popup as the game loads/starts giving the openings that player used in his last five ZvP's he played would be a pretty big advantage, as i could know if he tends to gas first, or early pool, or hatch first.

I probably wouldn't use this (feels a bit like cheating) but if it's possible i'm sure there are a lot of people who might download it. Dunno if it's possible with the same techniques which this program uses, but it's an idea. ^.^


i think that would be more than a bit problematic
MacroZerg
Profile Joined July 2011
Greece40 Posts
April 30 2012 13:24 GMT
#145
On April 30 2012 19:20 KenZo- wrote:
Ahh, I see, thank you for that. I see your point on the race thing, that would be odd indeed. ^^

Another thing, the program makes my CPU work 30-40% more whenever I start it while streaming... seems odd, for a small program. Is this normal?


Red i have already told you that also...
The programm appears to use like 10-12% on my overclocked to 4.8ghz 2600k... thats ALOT of cpu power

im sure you have to look at that issue for sure.
We not talkin about MEMORY LOAD... thats fine but for cpu usage.

Cheers !
For Teh Swarm !
KenZo-
Profile Joined December 2010
Faroe Islands190 Posts
April 30 2012 13:54 GMT
#146
On April 30 2012 21:33 Redback93 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2012 19:20 KenZo- wrote:
Ahh, I see, thank you for that. I see your point on the race thing, that would be odd indeed. ^^

Another thing, the program makes my CPU work 30-40% more whenever I start it while streaming... seems odd, for a small program. Is this normal?


Yeah, this has been asked to me a few times. I've never found this to be the case on my system. It usually uses around 7 or 8 mb of memory, so I don't think I can help you there. I believe this is caused by the interaction of Starcraft and the program, and it's Starcraft lagging.


OK thank you, it's not that big of a deal, whenever I go in game it's stable, because then dxtory takes over. but whenever I'm using screencapture it uses a lot of resources from the CPU, memory however is stable at around 7-10 like you state.

However, I have yet another problem, (sorry)! but when I tried it today, I faced opponents using Korean and Chinese names, and for whatever reason it only showed "???" for their names in chat, but ranking etc came up just fine. I checked the output file, and it showed the correct names in Korean and Chinese, however in Xplit I could not use embedded font's, if I did; it simply didn't show the name. (which is why earlier today it didn't show the name)
My question is why aren't the Korean and Chinese names shown in chat? Have you encountered this before?
And finally, do you have a solution? :D

I'm using chrome, I have not tested it with any other browser yet.

Thank you again.

kuvasz
Profile Joined August 2011
Hungary28 Posts
April 30 2012 14:09 GMT
#147
I just noticed this programme used 25% of my CPU power. I highly doubt I can use this while streaming. I'll just get in line with others who experience this huge load and await an update to have this fixed :/
KenZo-
Profile Joined December 2010
Faroe Islands190 Posts
April 30 2012 16:23 GMT
#148
Can anyone confirm this working with opponents that use Chinese or Korean names ? like I said, still only showing "???" for me.. T_T
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
April 30 2012 16:40 GMT
#149
How it looks in game? Does it works for team games 2v2+ ?
Redback93
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia187 Posts
April 30 2012 16:43 GMT
#150
On May 01 2012 01:23 KenZo- wrote:
Can anyone confirm this working with opponents that use Chinese or Korean names ? like I said, still only showing "???" for me.. T_T


"Working" with Korean or Chinese names? Well, it's working by getting the information from the SC2Ranks.com website, but I am not sure about outputting to chat. Must be an encoding problem - I have had limited data to check this out so I will work on this. When it comes to showing it in XSplit, it might be a font embedding problem (no asian characters for the specific font)
Redback93
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia187 Posts
April 30 2012 16:43 GMT
#151
On May 01 2012 01:40 Existor wrote:
How it looks in game? Does it works for team games 2v2+ ?


Currently only works for 1v1, but I'd like to look into 2v2 in the future.
Redback93
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia187 Posts
April 30 2012 16:49 GMT
#152
On April 30 2012 22:24 MacroZerg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2012 19:20 KenZo- wrote:
Ahh, I see, thank you for that. I see your point on the race thing, that would be odd indeed. ^^

Another thing, the program makes my CPU work 30-40% more whenever I start it while streaming... seems odd, for a small program. Is this normal?


Red i have already told you that also...
The programm appears to use like 10-12% on my overclocked to 4.8ghz 2600k... thats ALOT of cpu power

im sure you have to look at that issue for sure.
We not talkin about MEMORY LOAD... thats fine but for cpu usage.

Cheers !


I'm sorry, I am not sure how you interpreted the post, but I still cannot find an issue.
The code is running at it's lowest cpu capacity. I mean, it's a single threaded while(true) loop. There is no way that I can make that any more simple without some complete redesign. If there is an issue, I can assure you that the problem lies with your computer.
It might be an outdated .NET re-distributable, or as I suggested it's the game lagging (could also be a graphics problem). If this issue is arising when you start streaming, then that might be because you're streaming?
I apologise if I come off as being unhelpful, but the code cannot be more simplistic.
Sorry,
Redback93

PS. I will quickly look over all parts of the code as I edit them, to try and make this more economical. However, the testing is limited because my computer runs it as a 00 CPU usage process, even when I am streaming.
Redback93
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia187 Posts
April 30 2012 16:50 GMT
#153
On April 30 2012 21:54 killerdog wrote:
I'm curious, does this draw its information from sc2ranks.com, or from sc2/battle.net servers, because if its from sc2/b.net servers, it must be possible to have it check the players match history thorugh their profile. if i'm laddering and i hit a zerg, a little popup as the game loads/starts giving the openings that player used in his last five ZvP's he played would be a pretty big advantage, as i could know if he tends to gas first, or early pool, or hatch first.

I probably wouldn't use this (feels a bit like cheating) but if it's possible i'm sure there are a lot of people who might download it. Dunno if it's possible with the same techniques which this program uses, but it's an idea. ^.^


Hello killerdog,
Thank you for the idea.
I was hoping to implement some sort of Replay/SC2Gears thing going on, but that's probably as far as I feel I want to go with this. Maybe on some other project I could work on something like that, but I also feel that this is too much for a chat (which was the main idea of this)
Thanks,
Redback93
Redback93
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia187 Posts
April 30 2012 17:36 GMT
#154
On May 01 2012 01:49 Redback93 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2012 22:24 MacroZerg wrote:
On April 30 2012 19:20 KenZo- wrote:
Ahh, I see, thank you for that. I see your point on the race thing, that would be odd indeed. ^^

Another thing, the program makes my CPU work 30-40% more whenever I start it while streaming... seems odd, for a small program. Is this normal?


Red i have already told you that also...
The programm appears to use like 10-12% on my overclocked to 4.8ghz 2600k... thats ALOT of cpu power

im sure you have to look at that issue for sure.
We not talkin about MEMORY LOAD... thats fine but for cpu usage.

Cheers !


I'm sorry, I am not sure how you interpreted the post, but I still cannot find an issue.
The code is running at it's lowest cpu capacity. I mean, it's a single threaded while(true) loop. There is no way that I can make that any more simple without some complete redesign. If there is an issue, I can assure you that the problem lies with your computer.
It might be an outdated .NET re-distributable, or as I suggested it's the game lagging (could also be a graphics problem). If this issue is arising when you start streaming, then that might be because you're streaming?
I apologise if I come off as being unhelpful, but the code cannot be more simplistic.
Sorry,
Redback93

PS. I will quickly look over all parts of the code as I edit them, to try and make this more economical. However, the testing is limited because my computer runs it as a 00 CPU usage process, even when I am streaming.


After looking into it, I think I can lower the CPU usage - I will try and release a new version sometime this week with the fix.
kuvasz
Profile Joined August 2011
Hungary28 Posts
April 30 2012 17:39 GMT
#155
I don't know how the programme works but perhaps you can lower the query frequency? Or even disable it for a minute or two after having found the opponent.

Good luck with the optimisation.
Redback93
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia187 Posts
April 30 2012 17:45 GMT
#156
On May 01 2012 02:39 kuvasz wrote:
I don't know how the programme works but perhaps you can lower the query frequency? Or even disable it for a minute or two after having found the opponent.

Good luck with the optimisation.


Yeah, I have increased that by 100ms every cycle - I think that it should be enough. I am also trying to get the internet queries to not lag as much.
kuvasz
Profile Joined August 2011
Hungary28 Posts
April 30 2012 17:55 GMT
#157
What's the time between two queries now? Because I don't see any reason to have it lower than, say, 10 seconds - viewers wouldn't miss out on anything if they saw the name and stats slightly later as long as it's at the beginning of the game.

I tried lowering its priority and such but it didn't do anything so I hope you butcher it to the bare minimum :D
Redback93
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia187 Posts
May 01 2012 02:23 GMT
#158
On May 01 2012 02:55 kuvasz wrote:
What's the time between two queries now? Because I don't see any reason to have it lower than, say, 10 seconds - viewers wouldn't miss out on anything if they saw the name and stats slightly later as long as it's at the beginning of the game.

I tried lowering its priority and such but it didn't do anything so I hope you butcher it to the bare minimum :D


Yeah, it was running at 50ms query, but I agree that it's still not necessary.
KenZo-
Profile Joined December 2010
Faroe Islands190 Posts
May 01 2012 11:09 GMT
#159
When I tried today again, with nothing else running, it takes 25% of CPU might be somethings some of us have in common may it be hardware or software, since Redback93 says his stays at 00.
I hope your next release changes this, I really like this program, and would love to use it.
Also for me like I said before, it still doesn't show Korean and Chinese in the twitch chat, but output file shows it. This might be something I do wrong tho.

Redback93
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia187 Posts
May 01 2012 11:31 GMT
#160
On May 01 2012 20:09 KenZo- wrote:
When I tried today again, with nothing else running, it takes 25% of CPU might be somethings some of us have in common may it be hardware or software, since Redback93 says his stays at 00.
I hope your next release changes this, I really like this program, and would love to use it.
Also for me like I said before, it still doesn't show Korean and Chinese in the twitch chat, but output file shows it. This might be something I do wrong tho.



Hey KenZo,
Would you be able to send me a copy of a Korean/Chinese replay so I could use it for debugging. It seems that all of the ones on the internet aren't working.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech160
Codebar 27
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2551
Shuttle 1560
EffOrt 856
BeSt 654
Light 401
Mini 391
ggaemo 344
Stork 288
firebathero 233
ZerO 191
[ Show more ]
Rush 159
Barracks 136
Dewaltoss 67
Zeus 61
Killer 58
Shine 55
Mong 36
Hyun 35
Yoon 32
Shinee 32
Sexy 30
ToSsGirL 26
Terrorterran 23
sorry 23
Aegong 23
Bale 21
soO 20
910 12
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
yabsab 8
zelot 7
Dota 2
qojqva3781
Dendi1726
BananaSlamJamma436
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Fnx 179
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes546
Other Games
singsing2215
Liquid`RaSZi1284
hiko1260
B2W.Neo940
Lowko379
Liquid`VortiX268
Sick183
ArmadaUGS132
Rex83
Trikslyr37
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream540
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile119
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2247
• Jankos2225
• TFBlade680
Other Games
• WagamamaTV289
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
43m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 43m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 43m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 8h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 19h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.