• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:16
CEST 02:16
KST 09:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6461 users

Program: Starcraft 2 Opponent Information - Page 11

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 All
Redback93
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia187 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-13 14:06:04
June 13 2012 14:02 GMT
#201
On June 13 2012 22:51 Nerphed wrote:
Hmm, I seem to be having the same issue as Japi, expect I'm on North America and I was trying to test it with a friend in a custom game who does not have a Korean symbol name, and then on ladder it had the same issue as well. The program would tell me I'm vsing myself, give me all of my own details then the windows "this program is not responding" pop-up would appear.

It would not print anything in the chat, nor can I see it in the viewer list when I turn it on but I know I have all the details entered correctly because I've tediously typed them in and checked through the thread to make sure I'm entering in the twitch channel name stuff right etc.

I also have send to stream checked, my player name set (this is indeed a name changed name, could that be the problem?)

I don't have output to file checked either.
(sorry jsut going through everything as I type this so this post may seem a bit odd)

Thanks


Hello Nerphed.
I have some tips/questions for you.
It might be giving you your own character name because you have not entered it correctly into the box. If there are any special symbols in it, make sure to include those.
I am not sure why the program would stop responding, as I have given it clear indication to print the error to the console, so I suppose the other tips might give some insight into the.
The program is not supposed to show up in the stream list, as it connects only when needing to post to chat, thus avoiding IRC timeout issues.
The "channel" in your settings should not contain "twitch.com" reference, and should just be the username of the broadcaster.
In custom games, if there are spectators, it doesn't work at the moment, which is why it might be giving you your own name.
If none of these tips help it, feel free to post the replay and I will check it out
Thanks, Redback

Edit: Just watched your last broadcast and can see nothing wrong with the custom game that you are setting up.
Nerphed
Profile Joined May 2012
Australia5 Posts
June 14 2012 01:44 GMT
#202
Thanks for the quick reply :D

Yeah everything is set perfectly, no spectator's etc. My name is simply Nerphed, so there's no special symbols either :\

[image loading]
^^
Redback93
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia187 Posts
June 14 2012 08:31 GMT
#203
Okay sure. I think that I might have to help you in person (on the internet). I will try and catch you next time you are streaming so that we can chat this through. Should be resolvable.
Nerphed
Profile Joined May 2012
Australia5 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-14 11:35:59
June 14 2012 11:33 GMT
#204
Add me on skype if you like: etoahc hope to hear from you soon! :D

-edit- I don't stream too often so it may be a little while til you catch me streaming, so yeah, skype would be better, if you don't mind :D
^^
kuvasz
Profile Joined August 2011
Hungary28 Posts
July 11 2012 20:22 GMT
#205
I think patch 1.4.4 may have changed something that prevents this app from working. It says ready, but isn't actually running, outputting info in its own window or to a file, nor sends it to the stream, so I'm assuming something fundamental changed. I remember what you said in the PM, but is there any chance you might update this if it indeed related to the new SC2 patch? Pleease
TibblesEvilCat
Profile Joined March 2010
United Kingdom766 Posts
July 11 2012 20:47 GMT
#206
starcraft now blocks programs from reading the ram , its in the new anti cheat info and new agreements
Live Fast Die Young :D
kuvasz
Profile Joined August 2011
Hungary28 Posts
July 11 2012 22:22 GMT
#207
Of course they would stop a useful community add-on from working, and I assume they don't intend to make the client able to output such info. The fail of Diablo 3, now this... the fanboi in me is dying.

Thanks for the info I guess.
Redback93
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia187 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-12 08:44:59
July 12 2012 08:20 GMT
#208
Hey guys,
I just noticed this problem this morning too, and I am working on fixing it now.
Thanks to bubsterboo for sending me the new addresses, I think I might be able to get it up and running again.
He has a great thing going on called Starplayed Live (http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=348391#2)

Update: New version (3.0) fixes 1.4.4
kuvasz
Profile Joined August 2011
Hungary28 Posts
July 12 2012 10:14 GMT
#209
Well that didn't take long :D excellent job.

Do you plan to display race played and league icon in the future? I saw the add-on you linked already does this, but it's intrusive, plus I have my own "versus" panel, so I only need some informationnot (but not [region] rank, etc.). For instance, you could have the app display one of the 4 race icons in a file (e.g., sc2opponent_race.png in the app's folder) and the league icon in sc2opponent_league.png, giving streamers the liberty to display that image wherever and however they want (custom size, opacity, colour, etc.). It would make this app perfect

I'd be happy to help in whatever way I can.
Redback93
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia187 Posts
July 12 2012 10:41 GMT
#210
On July 12 2012 19:14 kuvasz wrote:
Well that didn't take long :D excellent job.

Do you plan to display race played and league icon in the future? I saw the add-on you linked already does this, but it's intrusive, plus I have my own "versus" panel, so I only need some informationnot (but not [region] rank, etc.). For instance, you could have the app display one of the 4 race icons in a file (e.g., sc2opponent_race.png in the app's folder) and the league icon in sc2opponent_league.png, giving streamers the liberty to display that image wherever and however they want (custom size, opacity, colour, etc.). It would make this app perfect

I'd be happy to help in whatever way I can.


Thanks for another great idea, Kuvasz. I am in conversation with the author of the project, and I'm sure that will be something I bring up. I am not sure how he gets the current data. I did initially have something like that, but it loaded from the sc2ranks info (so it wasn't current race). As for the race icons, I'm not sure how I will implement that, but I love the idea (I'll toss it over in my head for a few tonight)
kuvasz
Profile Joined August 2011
Hungary28 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-12 11:09:37
July 12 2012 11:08 GMT
#211
I have another one to consider
Customisable texts would allow streamers to display opponent info however they wanted (but most importantly, we could display info in a different language). So you could have a tab for the collection of common words like 'current', 'opponent', 'wins', 'region', 'rank', etc. and a box next to them for us to type in whatever we wanted (e.g., for 'wins': victories/győzelmek). This way you would provide even more customisation and support for all languages with minimal effort.
Redback93
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia187 Posts
July 12 2012 11:30 GMT
#212
On July 12 2012 20:08 kuvasz wrote:
I have another one to consider
Customisable texts would allow streamers to display opponent info however they wanted (but most importantly, we could display info in a different language). So you could have a tab for the collection of common words like 'current', 'opponent', 'wins', 'region', 'rank', etc. and a box next to them for us to type in whatever we wanted (e.g., for 'wins': victories/győzelmek). This way you would provide even more customisation and support for all languages with minimal effort.


Currently on the top of my TODO list, which I should probably start work on sometime soon.
kuvasz
Profile Joined August 2011
Hungary28 Posts
July 12 2012 13:02 GMT
#213
You're awesome! :D
I'm really looking forward to these updates as I just got back to playing SC2.
Redback93
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia187 Posts
July 14 2012 06:06 GMT
#214
On July 12 2012 22:02 kuvasz wrote:
You're awesome! :D
I'm really looking forward to these updates as I just got back to playing SC2.


Updates are now up. I hope that it all goes as perfectly as the debugging. If there are any problems, feel free to contact me via PM
Redback93
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia187 Posts
July 19 2012 05:38 GMT
#215
In the next update I will be getting rid of the automatic updating feature, as it seems to just be causing issues and confusion.
There will be some major updates, one of which will be a new name. If anyone has any ideas, I'm not really the creative type, and would appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Redback93
Redback93
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia187 Posts
July 29 2012 06:04 GMT
#216
We have now moved on to greater and better things! Thank you for everyone that supported this initial project. I hope that you enjoy the bigger one just as much.
MacroZerg
Profile Joined July 2011
Greece40 Posts
July 29 2012 17:13 GMT
#217
Grats mate !
For Teh Swarm !
Redback93
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia187 Posts
July 30 2012 22:35 GMT
#218
On July 30 2012 02:13 MacroZerg wrote:
Grats mate !


Thanks MacroZerg
Aiden1337
Profile Joined August 2012
Sweden61 Posts
December 16 2012 09:52 GMT
#219
Love the applicatiion!.
Though is there a way to only get the oppent information app, i dont need all the other stuff.

Thanks anyway though!
Redback93
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia187 Posts
January 21 2013 10:05 GMT
#220
On December 16 2012 18:52 Aiden1337 wrote:
Love the applicatiion!.
Though is there a way to only get the oppent information app, i dont need all the other stuff.

Thanks anyway though!


You'll have to download the whole StarStream - as I do not any longer support only SCOI by itself. It's fine however, as the size of the file is about the same, and the configuration is also the same.
Prev 1 9 10 11 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2029
Artosis 715
White-Ra 120
910 43
Dota 2
monkeys_forever546
NeuroSwarm179
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv252
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe154
Heroes of the Storm
Trikslyr109
Other Games
summit1g8402
shahzam592
JimRising 494
C9.Mang0373
ArmadaUGS71
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick589
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream332
Other Games
BasetradeTV191
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 106
• davetesta10
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 44m
Afreeca Starleague
9h 44m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
23h 44m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.