• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:21
CEST 16:21
KST 23:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9031 users

IPL4 Groups and Stream Details - Page 16

Forum Index > SC2 General
510 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 26 Next All
Rabbet
Profile Joined December 2009
Canada404 Posts
February 28 2012 00:40 GMT
#301
Where do we pay?
Xelnas
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada65 Posts
February 28 2012 00:41 GMT
#302
I get the free offers from IGN prime, this means i am a member of ign prime right? which should mean that i get this free if i understand it correctly help someone!
Random versus x, best strat in bronze
FishStix
Profile Joined April 2010
United States425 Posts
February 28 2012 00:41 GMT
#303
Siiiiick :D
I do stuff in eSports
ninjamyst
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1903 Posts
February 28 2012 00:41 GMT
#304
IPL is just so awesome, especially when compared to the crap that's MLG. You got my $5.00. One question, does this apply to daily shows too?
rotegirte
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany2859 Posts
February 28 2012 00:42 GMT
#305
looks good! 5$ is a bargain, to be honest. I would have paid the "standard" 5-10$ for the event alone. I still think the ESL model of freemium with subscriptions and single-event passes is the most flexible offer for the consumer.
Rabbet
Profile Joined December 2009
Canada404 Posts
February 28 2012 00:43 GMT
#306
On February 28 2012 09:41 ninjamyst wrote:
IPL is just so awesome, especially when compared to the crap that's MLG. You got my $5.00. One question, does this apply to daily shows too?


I think so

"This package will cover ALL of our events, whether they are online, or live. Regardless of whether they are in North America, or anywhere in the world. There will be no additional fees, period."
Cush
Profile Joined September 2010
United States646 Posts
February 28 2012 00:44 GMT
#307
Idra is dead lol.
"That's not your main base Stardust.....Stardust.....that's not your main" Sayle
sephuys
Profile Joined October 2010
United States43 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-28 00:45:36
February 28 2012 00:45 GMT
#308
On February 28 2012 09:25 ShAdZ_ZX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2012 08:51 sephuys wrote:
We as esports fans dont care how much it all costs to put on and if you can afford it. We just want to see good players play in high quality for the best deal. IPL is offering the quality and the value. You can laugh about us comparing them on your own time.


We as esports fans should care. In the interest of growing this sport, we shouldn't be putting MLG in a negative light next to IPL simply because IPL is willing to give us an amazing deal. IGN can afford to put a lot of money into IPL and not expect immediate profits, because there will be more and more money coming to the industry in the future.

MLG made the mistake of making a price point that's two high and I think IPL's is definitely too low.


I worded that a little bad, I do care, I just dont care for how MLG handled their last event, I don't dislike MLG and love esports. I was really just trying to say that we shouldn't need to know the background of company's and such to decide if we want to purchase their product. If the price is good and the quality is good, we will buy it.

And IPL's quality has been amazing since the start.
everybody poops
masterbreti
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Korea (South)2711 Posts
February 28 2012 00:46 GMT
#309
I'll be paying, even though I won't be needing the 720p and 1080p streams. To support IPL is enough for me, and the fact that it isn't gouging us at all.
LoB
Profile Joined October 2011
United Kingdom32 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-28 00:52:07
February 28 2012 00:48 GMT
#310
Right i'll explain to orracle and tdt this last time.

PPV model has been done once, their is no supply and demand data on what the ideal price point is for maximum coverage to the most consumers. We know what the freemium data is and we know based on e-sports as a whole the gerneralized demographic. So there is no supply & demand for PPV yet v(my point). MLG did a straight up PPV model, IPL is doing a subscription-based model. There is no comparison between companies or strategy and as Shadz said to bad mouth one over the other is immature and so is making up false figures to argue with, which is why I said what I said.

Tdt when you learn what generalizing means, I might acknowledge one of your posts but you continue to throw insults in the way of discussion so I still consider you an idiot and from what you have written I can't see past that assumption sorry.

Maeph interesting point and I take on board what you say.

Sephyus yeah I retract what I said before it was just worded badly.
"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."
Whatson
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States5357 Posts
February 28 2012 00:48 GMT
#311
$5 per month for 1080 HD and all IPL content?
Where do I pay?
IPL showing MLG how to do it.
¯\_(シ)_/¯
ShAdZ_ZX
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia635 Posts
February 28 2012 00:50 GMT
#312
On February 28 2012 09:45 sephuys wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2012 09:25 ShAdZ_ZX wrote:
On February 28 2012 08:51 sephuys wrote:
We as esports fans dont care how much it all costs to put on and if you can afford it. We just want to see good players play in high quality for the best deal. IPL is offering the quality and the value. You can laugh about us comparing them on your own time.


We as esports fans should care. In the interest of growing this sport, we shouldn't be putting MLG in a negative light next to IPL simply because IPL is willing to give us an amazing deal. IGN can afford to put a lot of money into IPL and not expect immediate profits, because there will be more and more money coming to the industry in the future.

MLG made the mistake of making a price point that's two high and I think IPL's is definitely too low.


I worded that a little bad, I do care, I just dont care for how MLG handled their last event, I don't dislike MLG and love esports. I was really just trying to say that we shouldn't need to know the background of company's and such to decide if we want to purchase their product. If the price is good and the quality is good, we will buy it.

And IPL's quality has been amazing since the start.


I agree completely, MLG did handle it pretty sloppily.

I just hope people don't expect these sort of prices in all of the big tournaments this year.
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
February 28 2012 00:51 GMT
#313
Sounds like a great deal, only wish there was an annual pass deal for $50 or something. I'll be subscribing for sure. Hope TwitchTV can come up with a reliable security method.
xsksc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1044 Posts
February 28 2012 00:56 GMT
#314
CANNOT WAIT!
ShAdZ_ZX
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia635 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-28 01:00:05
February 28 2012 00:57 GMT
#315
On February 28 2012 09:48 LoB wrote:
Right i'll explain to orracle and tdt this last time.

PPV model has been done once, their is no supply and demand data on what the ideal price point is for maximum coverage to the most consumers. We know what the freemium data is and we know based on e-sports as a whole the gerneralized demographic. So there is no supply & demand for PPV yet v(my point). MLG did a straight up PPV model, IPL is doing a subscription-based model. There is no comparison between companies or strategy and as Shadz said to bad mouth one over the other is immature and so is making up false figures to argue with, which is why I said what I said.

Tdt when you learn what generalizing means, I might acknowledge one of your posts but you continue to throw insults in the way of discussion so I still consider you an idiot and from what you have written I can't see past that assumption sorry.

Maeph interesting point and I take on board what you say.

Sephyus yeah I retarct what I said before it was just worded badly.


Well I didn't exactly say that. I just don't like that people are looking down at MLG's cost which, even though many people consider over priced, are still closer to a reasonable price than $5 for a months worth of content. As I said before, IPL can afford to take it as slow as they want because of their financial backing, so I just don't want people to think that $5 is 'fair', because it is in fact a great deal for consumers but not one we should expect often in the future.
LoB
Profile Joined October 2011
United Kingdom32 Posts
February 28 2012 01:00 GMT
#316
On February 28 2012 09:57 ShAdZ_ZX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2012 09:48 LoB wrote:
Right i'll explain to orracle and tdt this last time.

PPV model has been done once, their is no supply and demand data on what the ideal price point is for maximum coverage to the most consumers. We know what the freemium data is and we know based on e-sports as a whole the gerneralized demographic. So there is no supply & demand for PPV yet v(my point). MLG did a straight up PPV model, IPL is doing a subscription-based model. There is no comparison between companies or strategy and as Shadz said to bad mouth one over the other is immature and so is making up false figures to argue with, which is why I said what I said.

Tdt when you learn what generalizing means, I might acknowledge one of your posts but you continue to throw insults in the way of discussion so I still consider you an idiot and from what you have written I can't see past that assumption sorry.

Maeph interesting point and I take on board what you say.

Sephyus yeah I retarct what I said before it was just worded badly.


Well I didn't exactly say that. I just don't like that people are looking down at MLG's cost which, even though many people consider over priced, is still closer to a reasonable price than $5 for a months worth of content. As I said before, IPL can afford to take it as slow as they want because of their financial backing, so I just don't want people to think that $5 is 'fair', because it is in fact a great deal for consumers but not one we should expect in the future.


I know they have undercut the current competition to get a influx of subscribers then in the future they can raise the price to fit more in line with a more sustainable model. I don't expect future tournaments to even come close to this price due to the financial backing IPL has through the brand IGN.
"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."
jj33
Profile Joined April 2011
802 Posts
February 28 2012 01:01 GMT
#317
yea i'll pay

that list of players is ridiculous.
Meaph
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany53 Posts
February 28 2012 01:08 GMT
#318
On February 28 2012 09:48 LoB wrote:
PPV model has been done once, their is no supply and demand data on what the ideal price point is for maximum coverage to the most consumers.



Well there are the words i searched for an advanced explanation of the point i made up before, but my english sucked to hard

If you have no available data on the price in the case of mlg i tell you this: im sure they knew about the costumer satisfaction, and if they did their homeworks they also have reliable possibilities to compare prices and the succes of pricing, e.g. prices of GSLs monthly premium package including both GSL & GSTL costs a monthly $19.99 and as we know with those leagues we're speaking about the leagues with the best players and the highest available play available atm with slightly more games if we add up Code A Code S and GSTL games together.
Next step of evaluating offers in that area could be easy as well, just check ESLs HSC numbers which was $10(or even less? don't know exactly) and as for me it was included in an ESL premium package which made me whatch ESL streams in HD for $19 a month, but not only sc2 but also all other games featured in Esl as well as tournament participation possibilitie for me.

And versus those offers those $20 for 3 days MLG wanted become even more ridiculous in my eyes at least.
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
February 28 2012 01:11 GMT
#319
And MLG just got undercut... by a lot...
Soft`Soap
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada865 Posts
February 28 2012 01:13 GMT
#320
holy crap
this tournament is so STACKED
MiXyass DjLadyDana SoftSoap RightClick DigicidaL l)H[Zodiak] 58^^
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech127
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5540
Bisu 2519
Soulkey 1382
Jaedong 1068
EffOrt 816
Horang2 623
Mini 491
actioN 377
ZerO 313
Larva 308
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 246
Yoon 119
Mind 101
Sharp 94
Pusan 82
Shinee 71
Dewaltoss 65
hero 63
Snow 61
Hyun 56
Barracks 52
sorry 45
Bale 44
ToSsGirL 32
Sacsri 21
scan(afreeca) 18
NaDa 15
Trap 15
Rock 14
Terrorterran 13
zelot 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4561
qojqva2970
Dendi1150
Counter-Strike
Fnx 572
fl0m52
Other Games
olofmeister1222
hiko880
B2W.Neo777
Lowko349
crisheroes270
DeMusliM261
Pyrionflax212
XBOCT198
Hui .192
Livibee179
Liquid`RaSZi163
Liquid`VortiX152
QueenE86
Mew2King46
ZerO(Twitch)17
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 57
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 16
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV659
League of Legends
• Nemesis2631
• Jankos2131
Other Games
• Shiphtur151
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 39m
Patches Events
1d 1h
The PondCast
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.