• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:18
CEST 23:18
KST 06:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)50Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8097 users

IPL4 Groups and Stream Details - Page 26

Forum Index > SC2 General
510 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 24 25 26 All
FuTon
Profile Joined April 2011
United States308 Posts
March 03 2012 01:40 GMT
#501
Wherever there is free Sc2 tournament stream, I'm there

Pantagruel
Profile Joined September 2011
United States1427 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-03 02:31:41
March 03 2012 02:29 GMT
#502
My phone failed, sorry.























Diader
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States232 Posts
March 03 2012 04:20 GMT
#503
Does anyone know where I can find information on the tournament schedule?

Specifically, I'd like to know what time it starts on Friday, so that I can be sure to book a flight that arrives before that time.

Thanks!
ziggurat
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada847 Posts
March 03 2012 04:42 GMT
#504
Interesting decision to have it at the Cosmopolitan, that is a high-end hotel! I would love to go but I already have a trip to Vegas later in April. Maybe for IPL 5?
Orracle
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States314 Posts
March 03 2012 05:24 GMT
#505
On March 03 2012 10:38 Bagration wrote:

I can't speak for anyone else, but if Europeans were dominating, I would like to see more Koreans represented. I think an analogy can be made to the Football World Cup, where I don't just want to see an all European/ South America tournament, even though these teams are arguably the strongest. I like it when underdogs like the US, Japan, South Korea or Ghana can make a respectable run as well, and I like that the World Cup tries to represent the entire world, rather than simply the world's best.


I completely disagree. If watching a stream, let alone paying money, I want to see the best of the best play. Realistically, lets say IPL keeps 96 spots open for NA/EU players. Would you enjoy watching streams where the RO128/RO64 is purely one sided games of NA/EU players getting demolished? Or would you prefer a first come first serve basis, and allowing as many Koreans as they want to register providing(in theory) you with more action packed games?
Lemonayd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States745 Posts
March 03 2012 06:28 GMT
#506
Wow group B and D already look stacked. This is going to be a great event, I'll definitely pay for the HD.
johnny123
Profile Joined February 2012
521 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-03 06:40:12
March 03 2012 06:36 GMT
#507
On March 03 2012 14:24 Orracle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 03 2012 10:38 Bagration wrote:

I can't speak for anyone else, but if Europeans were dominating, I would like to see more Koreans represented. I think an analogy can be made to the Football World Cup, where I don't just want to see an all European/ South America tournament, even though these teams are arguably the strongest. I like it when underdogs like the US, Japan, South Korea or Ghana can make a respectable run as well, and I like that the World Cup tries to represent the entire world, rather than simply the world's best.


I completely disagree. If watching a stream, let alone paying money, I want to see the best of the best play. Realistically, lets say IPL keeps 96 spots open for NA/EU players. Would you enjoy watching streams where the RO128/RO64 is purely one sided games of NA/EU players getting demolished? Or would you prefer a first come first serve basis, and allowing as many Koreans as they want to register providing(in theory) you with more action packed games?


the world cup would not really be the world cup if it was only a tournament for europe and south america as they would be the only teams that can qualify. Yea sure not all the games will be top notch, but it gives a little something for everyone out there. And who knows, every world cup there are upsets where these supposed "teams that dont stand a chance" win or draw against teams they were suppose to loose against. That creates even bigger storylines.

Besides there is the gsl for the koreans. I prefer the direction mlg/ipl have done to include every region. The end result is still the same, Best team or player wins.
Favorite players,Stephano/MVP/Nestea/Gumiho/Life/Jaedong/MMA
DivinO
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4796 Posts
March 03 2012 06:50 GMT
#508
So many Koreans!

This will be exciting.
LiquipediaBrain in my filth.
MaNaVoId
Profile Joined February 2012
492 Posts
March 03 2012 06:52 GMT
#509
On February 29 2012 19:41 m0ck wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 29 2012 19:24 Vul wrote:
On February 29 2012 19:06 m0ck wrote:
With the GSTL-players in the open bracket, IPL 4 could end up as GSL mk. 2, only in america instead of Korea. I mean, fill up the last spots of the groups with Koreans (http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=316173) and we're at 17/20 originating in Korea. I don't think that is a good or healthy development.


I disagree with this outlook. If those are the best players then I don't see why that's not a healthy development. I would much rather see the best Starcraft than Starcraft played by someone who isn't South Korean. To me the way forward isn't "how can we have more non-Koreans do well at foreigner events?" but "how can we bring the best players to SC2 tournaments?" If every MLG and IPL, etc. has players like Nesta, MVP, MMA, MC, Leenock, DRG etc. but the consequence is that foreigners won't do as well, well that honestly seems fair to me. The Korean players are better and imo clearly more deserving of having their play broadcasted.

Plus, look at HuK. If a foreign players goes to Korea and seriously practices in a team house, in the same manner as Korean pros, then they can become competitive.

I think it's a problem because it will hurt the foreign player-base. Already, there are more S Korean pro-players than in the foreign scene. This can only be exacerbated by there being no place for foreign players in big tournaments. What are you playing for if you can't even qualify for the major tournaments?

And I question the continued interest in the SC2-scene dominated by Koreans, even in the foreign tournaments. Not among the hardcore fans. They'll still be there, just like they were in SC:BW. But the casuals, the fans of players of their own nationality, will they stick around for the future of 17/20 Korean tournaments? With SC:BW as a precedent, the answer is 'no'.


Then it is the foreigner players' own fault for not training harder than korean players. I dont think korean players have the better genes to play starcraft, so they practiced a ton more than foreigners, it is only fair that only the players who put in the hardest work should be invited. If you want foreign sc2 scene to grow, tell the foreign players to stop being lazy and practice as hard as the koreans instead of asking tournaments to invite more less skilled foreigners. You can see foreign progamers such as Destiny wasting time on LoL rather than practicing hard for sc2, if they use those time on practicing sc2 they could improve significantly.
woody60707
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1863 Posts
March 03 2012 08:53 GMT
#510
wow, crap. $520 for hotel. anyone wanna share a room?
woody60707
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1863 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-03 09:18:16
March 03 2012 09:14 GMT
#511
nuke
Prev 1 24 25 26 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 126
ProTech126
Nina 97
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13440
Bale 11
League of Legends
Doublelift2457
JimRising 246
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5746
Khaldor1549
Liquid`Hasu749
Other Games
summit1g7129
fl0m848
shahzam459
C9.Mang0199
FrodaN192
KnowMe143
ArmadaUGS91
ToD81
JuggernautJason62
Mew2King53
ViBE18
PPMD17
NeuroSwarm13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV193
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream72
Other Games
angryscii11
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen119
Other Games
• imaqtpie876
• Shiphtur210
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 42m
Stellar Fest
15h 42m
OSC
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 12h
Online Event
1d 13h
FEL
1d 18h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.