• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:06
CEST 15:06
KST 22:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7042 users

Why I Think Stephano is a Really Good SC2 Player - Page 29

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 51 Next
dafunk
Profile Joined January 2009
France521 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 00:07:30
December 12 2011 00:05 GMT
#561
On December 12 2011 08:58 1Eris1 wrote:
Talk about making excuses wow, I can't even argue with you guys. Blind fanboyism ftw. (And btw, how the fuck can you be a fan of a guy who just plays for the money, and doesn't care about the game, honestly...) Just don't be upset when he doesn't turn out to be the god you all think he is.


WOW, haha so funny to see how you easily rage.

Im not even a stephano fan. I pretty much hate his personality cause I got to know him IRL and he's just a retarded teen that wants to act like he's someone when in fact he's very unsure about himself. But thats another story.

What Im trying to say is that despite all of this, I can have a decent judgement and see how good he really is.
And that he's already one of the best foreigners along with Naniwa and Huk.

And Im sorry but IdrA dont belong on this list.
AIOL!
Profile Joined January 2011
France962 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 00:10:44
December 12 2011 00:07 GMT
#562
On December 12 2011 09:05 dafunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 08:58 1Eris1 wrote:
Talk about making excuses wow, I can't even argue with you guys. Blind fanboyism ftw. (And btw, how the fuck can you be a fan of a guy who just plays for the money, and doesn't care about the game, honestly...) Just don't be upset when he doesn't turn out to be the god you all think he is.


WOW, haha so funny to see how you easily rage.

Im not even a stephano fan. I pretty much hate his personality cause I got to know him IRL and he's just a retarded teen that wants to act like he's someone when in fact he's very unsure about himself. But thats another story.

What Im trying to say is that despite all of this, I can have a decent judgement and see how good he really is.


Are you the dafunk from cs1.6 ?
BTW i agree with you he has a weird personality but i think this also makes him "special". And i prefer honnest guys who say "i play for money" than Idra and Naniwa who are 2 bm kids who play also for money but hate on others when they loose. At least he says gratz
Stephano!!!!!!/Nerchio/Mana/Hasuobs/Grubby/Kas/Tarson/Sarens/Goody/BeastyCury
dafunk
Profile Joined January 2009
France521 Posts
December 12 2011 00:07 GMT
#563
On December 12 2011 09:07 AIOL! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 09:05 dafunk wrote:
On December 12 2011 08:58 1Eris1 wrote:
Talk about making excuses wow, I can't even argue with you guys. Blind fanboyism ftw. (And btw, how the fuck can you be a fan of a guy who just plays for the money, and doesn't care about the game, honestly...) Just don't be upset when he doesn't turn out to be the god you all think he is.


WOW, haha so funny to see how you easily rage.

Im not even a stephano fan. I pretty much hate his personality cause I got to know him IRL and he's just a retarded teen that wants to act like he's someone when in fact he's very unsure about himself. But thats another story.

What Im trying to say is that despite all of this, I can have a decent judgement and see how good he really is.


Are you the dafunk from cs1.6 ?


yes
Loki57
Profile Joined February 2011
United States292 Posts
December 12 2011 00:08 GMT
#564
On December 12 2011 09:01 JohnMatrix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 08:53 Loki57 wrote:
On December 12 2011 08:51 JohnMatrix wrote:
On December 12 2011 08:45 1Eris1 wrote:
On December 12 2011 08:41 dafunk wrote:
IdrA is lightyears away from what stephano already achieved in just a few months.

He never won any major tournament although he has been to 10x more and has been on the scene for far more longer.
You cant even compare them.


IEM China?
IPL 1?
MLG?
ASUS?

I'm not even an Idra fan anymore but now you're just making up bullshit. (Btw Stephano has been on the scene for quite some time, he just couldn't win anything until recently. In fact he was participating in tournaments as early as November of 2010)

Just because IPL3 had 6x the prizepool of other tournaments does not mean it was 6x as difficult. (In fact it was probably a lot weaker than HuK's MLG and on par with IEM China)

Honestly Stephano fanboys are just as bad as Idra fanboys nowadays it seems. Why do I even bother talking to either of them -.-


do you ever think IPL3 online qualification was a easy path ?_?

do you ever think online qualification is the same as a live event ?_?



I mean its not like your skill decrease of 50 % if its online or not. and the excuse of "it was at 5 am" when you can see koreans like bomber streaming very late, dont tell me they are not able to play all night long...

Oh, so you think online qualifiers are the same thing as a tournament setting. I see I've been wasting my time here. Carry on.
"Dedication without talent is a daydream. Talent without dedication is a nightmare."
HappyChris
Profile Joined October 2011
1534 Posts
December 12 2011 00:08 GMT
#565
On December 12 2011 09:07 dafunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 09:07 AIOL! wrote:
On December 12 2011 09:05 dafunk wrote:
On December 12 2011 08:58 1Eris1 wrote:
Talk about making excuses wow, I can't even argue with you guys. Blind fanboyism ftw. (And btw, how the fuck can you be a fan of a guy who just plays for the money, and doesn't care about the game, honestly...) Just don't be upset when he doesn't turn out to be the god you all think he is.


WOW, haha so funny to see how you easily rage.

Im not even a stephano fan. I pretty much hate his personality cause I got to know him IRL and he's just a retarded teen that wants to act like he's someone when in fact he's very unsure about himself. But thats another story.

What Im trying to say is that despite all of this, I can have a decent judgement and see how good he really is.


Are you the dafunk from cs1.6 ?


yes


o.0 You play sc2 also:D?
1Eris1
Profile Joined September 2010
United States5797 Posts
December 12 2011 00:10 GMT
#566
On December 12 2011 09:05 dafunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 08:58 1Eris1 wrote:
Talk about making excuses wow, I can't even argue with you guys. Blind fanboyism ftw. (And btw, how the fuck can you be a fan of a guy who just plays for the money, and doesn't care about the game, honestly...) Just don't be upset when he doesn't turn out to be the god you all think he is.


WOW, haha so funny to see how you easily rage.

Im not even a stephano fan. I pretty much hate his personality cause I got to know him IRL and he's just a retarded teen that wants to act like he's someone when in fact he's very unsure about himself. But thats another story.

What Im trying to say is that despite all of this, I can have a decent judgement and see how good he really is.
And that he's already one of the best foreigners along with Naniwa and Huk.

And Im sorry but IdrA dont belong on this list.



I'll respond to this one because it at least has some reasoning.

Nowhere do I say Stephano is bad. He is very good. Probably top zerg foreigner, maybe top foreginer overall. (Hard to say with Naniwa and HuK)

I just hate how is fanboys act like he is the greatest player in the world when he hasn't done anything in Korea YET.

And the thing about Idra was that someone said he had no major results whatsoever, and thats completely false. No where do I say he's better than Stephano or the top foreigner etc. I don't even like Idra as a player, but you can't deny he hasn't won stuff....
Known Aliases: Tyragon, Valeric ~MSL Forever, SKT is truly the Superior KT!
dafunk
Profile Joined January 2009
France521 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 00:14:18
December 12 2011 00:10 GMT
#567
On December 12 2011 09:08 Loki57 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 09:01 JohnMatrix wrote:
On December 12 2011 08:53 Loki57 wrote:
On December 12 2011 08:51 JohnMatrix wrote:
On December 12 2011 08:45 1Eris1 wrote:
On December 12 2011 08:41 dafunk wrote:
IdrA is lightyears away from what stephano already achieved in just a few months.

He never won any major tournament although he has been to 10x more and has been on the scene for far more longer.
You cant even compare them.


IEM China?
IPL 1?
MLG?
ASUS?

I'm not even an Idra fan anymore but now you're just making up bullshit. (Btw Stephano has been on the scene for quite some time, he just couldn't win anything until recently. In fact he was participating in tournaments as early as November of 2010)

Just because IPL3 had 6x the prizepool of other tournaments does not mean it was 6x as difficult. (In fact it was probably a lot weaker than HuK's MLG and on par with IEM China)

Honestly Stephano fanboys are just as bad as Idra fanboys nowadays it seems. Why do I even bother talking to either of them -.-


do you ever think IPL3 online qualification was a easy path ?_?

do you ever think online qualification is the same as a live event ?_?



I mean its not like your skill decrease of 50 % if its online or not. and the excuse of "it was at 5 am" when you can see koreans like bomber streaming very late, dont tell me they are not able to play all night long...

Oh, so you think online qualifiers are the same thing as a tournament setting. I see I've been wasting my time here. Carry on.


You cant even compare online and lan. Two different worlds.

ps : Yes I do play sc2 in my spare time. Like 2 to 3 hours a week.


On December 12 2011 09:10 1Eris1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 09:05 dafunk wrote:
On December 12 2011 08:58 1Eris1 wrote:
Talk about making excuses wow, I can't even argue with you guys. Blind fanboyism ftw. (And btw, how the fuck can you be a fan of a guy who just plays for the money, and doesn't care about the game, honestly...) Just don't be upset when he doesn't turn out to be the god you all think he is.


WOW, haha so funny to see how you easily rage.

Im not even a stephano fan. I pretty much hate his personality cause I got to know him IRL and he's just a retarded teen that wants to act like he's someone when in fact he's very unsure about himself. But thats another story.

What Im trying to say is that despite all of this, I can have a decent judgement and see how good he really is.
And that he's already one of the best foreigners along with Naniwa and Huk.

And Im sorry but IdrA dont belong on this list.



I'll respond to this one because it at least has some reasoning.

Nowhere do I say Stephano is bad. He is very good. Probably top zerg foreigner, maybe top foreginer overall. (Hard to say with Naniwa and HuK)

I just hate how is fanboys act like he is the greatest player in the world when he hasn't done anything in Korea YET.

And the thing about Idra was that someone said he had no major results whatsoever, and thats completely false. No where do I say he's better than Stephano or the top foreigner etc. I don't even like Idra as a player, but you can't deny he hasn't won stuff....


Good to see we agree !

I just wanted to point out that often people tend to overestimate IdrA when he hasnt done any major impact on the scene.
HappyChris
Profile Joined October 2011
1534 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 00:13:51
December 12 2011 00:11 GMT
#568
On December 12 2011 09:08 Loki57 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 09:01 JohnMatrix wrote:
On December 12 2011 08:53 Loki57 wrote:
On December 12 2011 08:51 JohnMatrix wrote:
On December 12 2011 08:45 1Eris1 wrote:
On December 12 2011 08:41 dafunk wrote:
IdrA is lightyears away from what stephano already achieved in just a few months.

He never won any major tournament although he has been to 10x more and has been on the scene for far more longer.
You cant even compare them.


IEM China?
IPL 1?
MLG?
ASUS?

I'm not even an Idra fan anymore but now you're just making up bullshit. (Btw Stephano has been on the scene for quite some time, he just couldn't win anything until recently. In fact he was participating in tournaments as early as November of 2010)

Just because IPL3 had 6x the prizepool of other tournaments does not mean it was 6x as difficult. (In fact it was probably a lot weaker than HuK's MLG and on par with IEM China)

Honestly Stephano fanboys are just as bad as Idra fanboys nowadays it seems. Why do I even bother talking to either of them -.-


do you ever think IPL3 online qualification was a easy path ?_?

do you ever think online qualification is the same as a live event ?_?



I mean its not like your skill decrease of 50 % if its online or not. and the excuse of "it was at 5 am" when you can see koreans like bomber streaming very late, dont tell me they are not able to play all night long...

Oh, so you think online qualifiers are the same thing as a tournament setting. I see I've been wasting my time here. Carry on.


You never did answer my quistion Loki. I got the same oppinion as you. I count lan event in much higher regards then online event but why did you list IPL 1 as a major tournament win and compare it to the likes of ESWC and IPL 3 im abit confused.
Loki57
Profile Joined February 2011
United States292 Posts
December 12 2011 00:12 GMT
#569
On December 12 2011 09:10 dafunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 09:08 Loki57 wrote:
On December 12 2011 09:01 JohnMatrix wrote:
On December 12 2011 08:53 Loki57 wrote:
On December 12 2011 08:51 JohnMatrix wrote:
On December 12 2011 08:45 1Eris1 wrote:
On December 12 2011 08:41 dafunk wrote:
IdrA is lightyears away from what stephano already achieved in just a few months.

He never won any major tournament although he has been to 10x more and has been on the scene for far more longer.
You cant even compare them.


IEM China?
IPL 1?
MLG?
ASUS?

I'm not even an Idra fan anymore but now you're just making up bullshit. (Btw Stephano has been on the scene for quite some time, he just couldn't win anything until recently. In fact he was participating in tournaments as early as November of 2010)

Just because IPL3 had 6x the prizepool of other tournaments does not mean it was 6x as difficult. (In fact it was probably a lot weaker than HuK's MLG and on par with IEM China)

Honestly Stephano fanboys are just as bad as Idra fanboys nowadays it seems. Why do I even bother talking to either of them -.-


do you ever think IPL3 online qualification was a easy path ?_?

do you ever think online qualification is the same as a live event ?_?



I mean its not like your skill decrease of 50 % if its online or not. and the excuse of "it was at 5 am" when you can see koreans like bomber streaming very late, dont tell me they are not able to play all night long...

Oh, so you think online qualifiers are the same thing as a tournament setting. I see I've been wasting my time here. Carry on.


You cant even compare online and lan Two different worlds.

ps : Yes I do play sc2 in my spare time. Like 2 to 3 hours a week.

Exactly what I'm saying.
"Dedication without talent is a daydream. Talent without dedication is a nightmare."
Loki57
Profile Joined February 2011
United States292 Posts
December 12 2011 00:13 GMT
#570
On December 12 2011 09:11 HappyChris wrote:
You never did answer my quistion Loki. I got the same oppinion as you. I count lan event in much higher regards then online but why did you list IPL 1 as a major tournament win and compare it to the likes of ESWC and IPL 3 im abit confused.


On December 12 2011 08:59 Loki57 wrote:
You'll have to remind me of where I listed that....


Gee, would you look at that....
"Dedication without talent is a daydream. Talent without dedication is a nightmare."
dafunk
Profile Joined January 2009
France521 Posts
December 12 2011 00:15 GMT
#571
On December 12 2011 09:12 Loki57 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 09:10 dafunk wrote:
On December 12 2011 09:08 Loki57 wrote:
On December 12 2011 09:01 JohnMatrix wrote:
On December 12 2011 08:53 Loki57 wrote:
On December 12 2011 08:51 JohnMatrix wrote:
On December 12 2011 08:45 1Eris1 wrote:
On December 12 2011 08:41 dafunk wrote:
IdrA is lightyears away from what stephano already achieved in just a few months.

He never won any major tournament although he has been to 10x more and has been on the scene for far more longer.
You cant even compare them.


IEM China?
IPL 1?
MLG?
ASUS?

I'm not even an Idra fan anymore but now you're just making up bullshit. (Btw Stephano has been on the scene for quite some time, he just couldn't win anything until recently. In fact he was participating in tournaments as early as November of 2010)

Just because IPL3 had 6x the prizepool of other tournaments does not mean it was 6x as difficult. (In fact it was probably a lot weaker than HuK's MLG and on par with IEM China)

Honestly Stephano fanboys are just as bad as Idra fanboys nowadays it seems. Why do I even bother talking to either of them -.-


do you ever think IPL3 online qualification was a easy path ?_?

do you ever think online qualification is the same as a live event ?_?



I mean its not like your skill decrease of 50 % if its online or not. and the excuse of "it was at 5 am" when you can see koreans like bomber streaming very late, dont tell me they are not able to play all night long...

Oh, so you think online qualifiers are the same thing as a tournament setting. I see I've been wasting my time here. Carry on.


You cant even compare online and lan Two different worlds.

ps : Yes I do play sc2 in my spare time. Like 2 to 3 hours a week.

Exactly what I'm saying.


Wasnt for you.
HappyChris
Profile Joined October 2011
1534 Posts
December 12 2011 00:15 GMT
#572
On December 12 2011 09:13 Loki57 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 09:11 HappyChris wrote:
You never did answer my quistion Loki. I got the same oppinion as you. I count lan event in much higher regards then online but why did you list IPL 1 as a major tournament win and compare it to the likes of ESWC and IPL 3 im abit confused.


Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 08:59 Loki57 wrote:
You'll have to remind me of where I listed that....


Gee, would you look at that....


Actually im sorry i got you mixed up with 1Eris1 you write similar styles
Phobbers
Profile Joined May 2011
773 Posts
December 12 2011 00:19 GMT
#573
First of all, why is this not in the blog section? Secondly, Stephano is good, but he is not WTF STOP THE PRESSES good. At Orlando he had a mediocre showing, where he ended up getting knocked out by Boxer 2-1. Following that he went 0-3 in the second part of the group stages at Dreamhack Winter. Also, let us not forget him losing to GoOdy at Battle of Berlin. Yes Stephano has had some amazing showings, but he is getting overhyped like no other. At this point I view him as Idra 2.0 with the amount of fanboyism that is going on, at some points he looks amazing, but others he looks like he is not even in the game. Oh yeah, isn't he retiring in a little less than a year as well? He is not here to stay very long anyway, he is just a fad that is going to die out.
EG/C9/ALL/TSM
JohnMatrix
Profile Joined April 2011
France1359 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 00:24:23
December 12 2011 00:20 GMT
#574
On December 12 2011 09:08 Loki57 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 09:01 JohnMatrix wrote:
On December 12 2011 08:53 Loki57 wrote:
On December 12 2011 08:51 JohnMatrix wrote:
On December 12 2011 08:45 1Eris1 wrote:
On December 12 2011 08:41 dafunk wrote:
IdrA is lightyears away from what stephano already achieved in just a few months.

He never won any major tournament although he has been to 10x more and has been on the scene for far more longer.
You cant even compare them.


IEM China?
IPL 1?
MLG?
ASUS?

I'm not even an Idra fan anymore but now you're just making up bullshit. (Btw Stephano has been on the scene for quite some time, he just couldn't win anything until recently. In fact he was participating in tournaments as early as November of 2010)

Just because IPL3 had 6x the prizepool of other tournaments does not mean it was 6x as difficult. (In fact it was probably a lot weaker than HuK's MLG and on par with IEM China)

Honestly Stephano fanboys are just as bad as Idra fanboys nowadays it seems. Why do I even bother talking to either of them -.-


do you ever think IPL3 online qualification was a easy path ?_?

do you ever think online qualification is the same as a live event ?_?



I mean its not like your skill decrease of 50 % if its online or not. and the excuse of "it was at 5 am" when you can see koreans like bomber streaming very late, dont tell me they are not able to play all night long...

Oh, so you think online qualifiers are the same thing as a tournament setting. I see I've been wasting my time here. Carry on.


Never said and thought that. I was reponding to 1Eris1 who tried to compare huk and stephano path till their victory which was quite silly as statments...
Tanukki
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland579 Posts
December 12 2011 00:23 GMT
#575
He's really good and I think he could compete in GSL. But it's not that easy to dominate in SC2. Even if you can maintain your 80% winrate against the best players, you still won't win most tournaments.
latan
Profile Joined July 2010
740 Posts
December 12 2011 00:24 GMT
#576
hey guys just compare the TLPD's ELO, that's about as objective as you can get.
Disarm22
Profile Joined January 2011
United States151 Posts
December 12 2011 00:24 GMT
#577
i enjoy his play style and he is a beast of a zerg. i think he will change the mind of all the haters out there fairly soon.
Cliiiiiiide!
Elean
Profile Joined October 2010
689 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 00:28:46
December 12 2011 00:24 GMT
#578
On December 12 2011 08:43 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 08:41 dafunk wrote:
IdrA is lightyears away from what stephano already achieved in just a few months.

He never won any major tournament although he has been to 10x more and has been on the scene for far more longer.
You cant even compare them.

Idra being like the only 2 zergs in the first 3 seasons of GSL code S.

Better start showing some respect, boy.

imo, Idra is still king, just cause he was such a boss in the initial seasons of the GSL.

Only 2 zergs ?
Check your facts, it's not that hard to use liquipedia.

Idra won 1 Bo3 in GSL1, 2 Bo3 in GSL2, 1 Bo3 in GSL3, and 3 Bo1 in GSL january.

That may be good results, but it's not the end of the world either. Just with IPL3 alone, Stephano has won more, against better players and without loosing 4 Bo3.

Besides this is completely outdated. How good players were in the beta and in 2010 has become irrelevant now.
The fact that TLO was in GSL2 tells a lot about the gap between the current competitive scene and the first rounds of GSL back then.

Aslo, people keep overhyping MLG and Idra's results there. But actually, for someone supposed to be code S level, Idra had really poor performance at most MLG. The only one where Idra performed well was Orlando.

People using Orlando to compare Stephano vs Idra are just comparing the worst of Stephano agaisnt the best of Idra. (Not to mention the difference between the open bracket, and an easy pool).


Idra is a really good player though, he just doesn't have the tournament results (in comparison with others in the foreign scene such as puma, hero, huk, stephano, naniwa).
Loki57
Profile Joined February 2011
United States292 Posts
December 12 2011 00:27 GMT
#579
On December 12 2011 09:24 Elean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 08:43 wei2coolman wrote:
On December 12 2011 08:41 dafunk wrote:
IdrA is lightyears away from what stephano already achieved in just a few months.

He never won any major tournament although he has been to 10x more and has been on the scene for far more longer.
You cant even compare them.

Idra being like the only 2 zergs in the first 3 seasons of GSL code S.

Better start showing some respect, boy.

imo, Idra is still king, just cause he was such a boss in the initial seasons of the GSL.

against better players

No, for God's sake, stop it.
"Dedication without talent is a daydream. Talent without dedication is a nightmare."
Paladia
Profile Joined August 2003
802 Posts
December 12 2011 00:28 GMT
#580
I agree that of the current top players, Stephano possibly has the greatest talent for Starcraft. He has an amazing nack for it.
I can no longer rest under the tree of wisdom, since you have axed down the roots feeding it.
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 51 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 963
RotterdaM474
TKL 199
SteadfastSC178
Rex112
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 474
ByuN 276
TKL 199
SteadfastSC 178
Rex 112
Codebar 30
CosmosSc2 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37142
Shuttle 2264
Jaedong 941
Horang2 805
Bisu 672
Soulkey 487
Mini 360
Stork 345
EffOrt 296
Larva 243
[ Show more ]
actioN 241
BeSt 237
Soma 216
Snow 168
ZerO 154
Last 151
Rush 151
Mong 142
firebathero 142
Zeus 93
Free 93
910 79
sorry 70
Mind 66
Hyun 66
Sharp 56
Pusan 51
PianO 51
hero 47
Shinee 40
Yoon 39
Shine 36
JYJ 32
Bale 27
Sexy 25
Aegong 19
ToSsGirL 19
Hm[arnc] 17
HiyA 17
scan(afreeca) 12
Terrorterran 12
Sacsri 11
Noble 9
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc3901
Dendi1134
canceldota69
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1191
edward180
fl0m57
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King200
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes499
Lowko303
Other Games
gofns77999
singsing2312
B2W.Neo320
hiko290
DeMusliM216
Pyrionflax179
Livibee168
Liquid`VortiX62
QueenE55
Trikslyr37
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1501
Other Games
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH119
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV466
League of Legends
• Nemesis1486
• Jankos1328
• TFBlade361
Other Games
• Shiphtur631
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 54m
The PondCast
20h 54m
INu's Battles
21h 54m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.