• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:31
CEST 02:31
KST 09:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9753 users

1.4.2 Patch Live - Page 55

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 58 Next
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
November 10 2011 21:56 GMT
#1081
Sweet. Can't wait to play with the cheap upgrades!
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
gosuMalicE
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada676 Posts
November 10 2011 22:05 GMT
#1082
Man I cannot believe the massive amount of Terran balance whine in this thread (like every other post) Just suck it up guys, basically everyone, including most terrans, agreed that emp was overpowered, why don't you just try the new version of the spell instead of bitching about it.
I play Protoss, because lets face it, who doesn't love hyper-advanced Egyptian ninja-aliens that kill people with lightsabres attached to both arms?
Honeybadger
Profile Joined August 2010
United States821 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-11 10:15:00
November 11 2011 10:13 GMT
#1083
On November 11 2011 07:05 gosuMalicE wrote:
Man I cannot believe the massive amount of Terran balance whine in this thread (like every other post) Just suck it up guys, basically everyone, including most terrans, agreed that emp was overpowered, why don't you just try the new version of the spell instead of bitching about it.


I'll stop thinking of EMP as OP when protoss stop saying it does damage. Shields recharge. Fast. You have storms, zerg has fungal. Both can kill units. Our damaging AOE spell comes from an awkward upgrade, slow, flying, vulnerable unit that has better spells in an engagement and the damage spell itself has a range of about nine inches.

And I don't care. I'm just sick of protss players who aren't korean progamers whining that their race is weak. Grow up, seriously. You have a lot more problems before you can even THINK about game design as an issue.

"I like to tape my thumbs to my hands to see what it would be like to be a dinosaur."
Quintum_
Profile Joined May 2011
United States669 Posts
November 11 2011 10:28 GMT
#1084
On November 11 2011 19:13 Honeybadger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 07:05 gosuMalicE wrote:
Man I cannot believe the massive amount of Terran balance whine in this thread (like every other post) Just suck it up guys, basically everyone, including most terrans, agreed that emp was overpowered, why don't you just try the new version of the spell instead of bitching about it.


I'll stop thinking of EMP as OP when protoss stop saying it does damage. Shields recharge. Fast. You have storms, zerg has fungal. Both can kill units. Our damaging AOE spell comes from an awkward upgrade, slow, flying, vulnerable unit that has better spells in an engagement and the damage spell itself has a range of about nine inches.



I know, what was everyone thinking, clearly the 1000+ shields that emp takes away in an instant from a protoss army is just cosmetic, And seeing as a protoss army is faster then stimed bio it is just so easy for them to not only get out of combat but stay out of combat for the 30 to 40 seconds it would take to get there army back to full shields. Gezz all these sc2 noobs, what are they thinking.
♠ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ♠ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ♠ (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ ♠
Mandalor
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
Germany2362 Posts
November 11 2011 10:48 GMT
#1085
On November 11 2011 19:28 Quintum_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 19:13 Honeybadger wrote:
On November 11 2011 07:05 gosuMalicE wrote:
Man I cannot believe the massive amount of Terran balance whine in this thread (like every other post) Just suck it up guys, basically everyone, including most terrans, agreed that emp was overpowered, why don't you just try the new version of the spell instead of bitching about it.


I'll stop thinking of EMP as OP when protoss stop saying it does damage. Shields recharge. Fast. You have storms, zerg has fungal. Both can kill units. Our damaging AOE spell comes from an awkward upgrade, slow, flying, vulnerable unit that has better spells in an engagement and the damage spell itself has a range of about nine inches.



I know, what was everyone thinking, clearly the 1000+ shields that emp takes away in an instant from a protoss army is just cosmetic, And seeing as a protoss army is faster then stimed bio it is just so easy for them to not only get out of combat but stay out of combat for the 30 to 40 seconds it would take to get there army back to full shields. Gezz all these sc2 noobs, what are they thinking.


haha I just had the exact same argument with a clanmate. Running away from a Terran bio army to recharge your shields. Lmao, try that yourself, just once. It's way better to just suicide your army to buy some time to rebuild some of it.

This entire EMP nerf is stupid. I don't get why Blizzard nerfed the radius as if that made a difference. The problems with EMP come late late game when terran easily has enough ghosts to carpet emp the entire protoss army and just remove all their shields in a split second. I'd much rather see them nerf the damage to shields and give them their old radius back. They could even broaden the radius, I wouldn't care. I'd just love my stalkers to not have half their hitpoints because of a spell that doesn't have to be researched, cannot be avoided, has an energy upgrade and can come from a potentially cloaked unit that isn't even THAT expensive.
secretary bird
Profile Joined September 2011
447 Posts
November 11 2011 11:08 GMT
#1086
Do you mean a maximum shield damage by emp? like 50 or something? I think a bigger radius with less damage would be much better for terran than this much smaller radius as you could emp again if necessary and against zealots it wouldnt even be needed while it would make no difference from pre-patch for energy removal.

And ghosts are expensive as terran needs those minerals and its 50% more resources than HTs.

Sarang
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia2363 Posts
November 11 2011 11:25 GMT
#1087
On November 11 2011 19:48 Mandalor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 19:28 Quintum_ wrote:
On November 11 2011 19:13 Honeybadger wrote:
On November 11 2011 07:05 gosuMalicE wrote:
Man I cannot believe the massive amount of Terran balance whine in this thread (like every other post) Just suck it up guys, basically everyone, including most terrans, agreed that emp was overpowered, why don't you just try the new version of the spell instead of bitching about it.


I'll stop thinking of EMP as OP when protoss stop saying it does damage. Shields recharge. Fast. You have storms, zerg has fungal. Both can kill units. Our damaging AOE spell comes from an awkward upgrade, slow, flying, vulnerable unit that has better spells in an engagement and the damage spell itself has a range of about nine inches.



I know, what was everyone thinking, clearly the 1000+ shields that emp takes away in an instant from a protoss army is just cosmetic, And seeing as a protoss army is faster then stimed bio it is just so easy for them to not only get out of combat but stay out of combat for the 30 to 40 seconds it would take to get there army back to full shields. Gezz all these sc2 noobs, what are they thinking.


haha I just had the exact same argument with a clanmate. Running away from a Terran bio army to recharge your shields. Lmao, try that yourself, just once. It's way better to just suicide your army to buy some time to rebuild some of it.

This entire EMP nerf is stupid. I don't get why Blizzard nerfed the radius as if that made a difference. The problems with EMP come late late game when terran easily has enough ghosts to carpet emp the entire protoss army and just remove all their shields in a split second. I'd much rather see them nerf the damage to shields and give them their old radius back. They could even broaden the radius, I wouldn't care. I'd just love my stalkers to not have half their hitpoints because of a spell that doesn't have to be researched, cannot be avoided, has an energy upgrade and can come from a potentially cloaked unit that isn't even THAT expensive.


you realise there's been a ton of balance patches and protoss players have started doing better already, right?

might be a good idea to wait a bit before we start nerfing terran and buffing protoss even more.
"Killer helped me feel better before coming to the arena. He told me to say that." - Bomber
s3rp
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany3192 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-11 11:39:57
November 11 2011 11:29 GMT
#1088
On November 11 2011 19:48 Mandalor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 19:28 Quintum_ wrote:
On November 11 2011 19:13 Honeybadger wrote:
On November 11 2011 07:05 gosuMalicE wrote:
Man I cannot believe the massive amount of Terran balance whine in this thread (like every other post) Just suck it up guys, basically everyone, including most terrans, agreed that emp was overpowered, why don't you just try the new version of the spell instead of bitching about it.


I'll stop thinking of EMP as OP when protoss stop saying it does damage. Shields recharge. Fast. You have storms, zerg has fungal. Both can kill units. Our damaging AOE spell comes from an awkward upgrade, slow, flying, vulnerable unit that has better spells in an engagement and the damage spell itself has a range of about nine inches.



I know, what was everyone thinking, clearly the 1000+ shields that emp takes away in an instant from a protoss army is just cosmetic, And seeing as a protoss army is faster then stimed bio it is just so easy for them to not only get out of combat but stay out of combat for the 30 to 40 seconds it would take to get there army back to full shields. Gezz all these sc2 noobs, what are they thinking.


haha I just had the exact same argument with a clanmate. Running away from a Terran bio army to recharge your shields. Lmao, try that yourself, just once. It's way better to just suicide your army to buy some time to rebuild some of it.

This entire EMP nerf is stupid. I don't get why Blizzard nerfed the radius as if that made a difference. The problems with EMP come late late game when terran easily has enough ghosts to carpet emp the entire protoss army and just remove all their shields in a split second. I'd much rather see them nerf the damage to shields and give them their old radius back. They could even broaden the radius, I wouldn't care. I'd just love my stalkers to not have half their hitpoints because of a spell that doesn't have to be researched, cannot be avoided, has an energy upgrade and can come from a potentially cloaked unit that isn't even THAT expensive.


EMP only effects a certain amount of HP the Shields . So after the EMP hit it will never be an issue again in the fight. And Protoss units have enough HP even without Shields , especially the Zealot to without getting hit by EMP and still manage to live very long . Long enough for the Protoss AOE to kick in. Protoss Units even without shields still do reasonably well enough considering reeinforcing them is alot faster and easier . I mean most of the EMP damage on non-melee units ( sans Collossi if Vikings are around ) will partly have regenerated once they actually get hit . Since the Terran Bio needs to kite and get rid of the Zealots and Archons before getting to the rest of the army.

Zealot tank very well even without Shields tanks more then decent enough that is would be very hard / next to impossible to engage Zealot on full Shields everytime especially since all the Units that actually deal well with Zealots will be dead very quick once the AOE hits.

Yes Sentrys/Stalkers/Templar etc die very fast but so do Marines ( that are the damage of the Terran army). Look at the HP with Shields of the Protoss units and then look at the HP of Terran Units ( and alot of times you can subtract 10 HP from Marines and 20 from Marauders thanks to Stim ) . Yes the Terran Bio does more damage but thanks to AOE-damage that will at least partly hit the HP of the Terran army will be even lower in the actual fight . So alot of Bio will die nevertheless.

Terran only has a few Units with High HP and those are usually not all that usefull since they cost enough that Bio build instead will have ~equal HP while actually doing more damage beeing more mobile and having more combined Armor. The High HP Units don't even have an AOE to make up for it just good single target DPS something that isn't all that great in big fights.
Mandalor
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
Germany2362 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-11 12:06:14
November 11 2011 12:04 GMT
#1089
On November 11 2011 20:29 s3rp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 19:48 Mandalor wrote:
On November 11 2011 19:28 Quintum_ wrote:
On November 11 2011 19:13 Honeybadger wrote:
On November 11 2011 07:05 gosuMalicE wrote:
Man I cannot believe the massive amount of Terran balance whine in this thread (like every other post) Just suck it up guys, basically everyone, including most terrans, agreed that emp was overpowered, why don't you just try the new version of the spell instead of bitching about it.


I'll stop thinking of EMP as OP when protoss stop saying it does damage. Shields recharge. Fast. You have storms, zerg has fungal. Both can kill units. Our damaging AOE spell comes from an awkward upgrade, slow, flying, vulnerable unit that has better spells in an engagement and the damage spell itself has a range of about nine inches.



I know, what was everyone thinking, clearly the 1000+ shields that emp takes away in an instant from a protoss army is just cosmetic, And seeing as a protoss army is faster then stimed bio it is just so easy for them to not only get out of combat but stay out of combat for the 30 to 40 seconds it would take to get there army back to full shields. Gezz all these sc2 noobs, what are they thinking.


haha I just had the exact same argument with a clanmate. Running away from a Terran bio army to recharge your shields. Lmao, try that yourself, just once. It's way better to just suicide your army to buy some time to rebuild some of it.

This entire EMP nerf is stupid. I don't get why Blizzard nerfed the radius as if that made a difference. The problems with EMP come late late game when terran easily has enough ghosts to carpet emp the entire protoss army and just remove all their shields in a split second. I'd much rather see them nerf the damage to shields and give them their old radius back. They could even broaden the radius, I wouldn't care. I'd just love my stalkers to not have half their hitpoints because of a spell that doesn't have to be researched, cannot be avoided, has an energy upgrade and can come from a potentially cloaked unit that isn't even THAT expensive.


EMP only effects a certain amount of HP the Shields . So after the EMP hit it will never be an issue again in the fight. And Protoss units have enough HP even without Shields , especially the Zealot to without getting hit by EMP and still manage to live very long . Long enough for the Protoss AOE to kick in. Protoss Units even without shields still do reasonably well enough considering reeinforcing them is alot faster and easier . I mean most of the EMP damage on non-melee units ( sans Collossi if Vikings are around ) will partly have regenerated once they actually get hit . Since the Terran Bio needs to kite and get rid of the Zealots and Archons before getting to the rest of the army.

Zealot tank very well even without Shields tanks more then decent enough that is would be very hard / next to impossible to engage Zealot on full Shields everytime especially since all the Units that actually deal well with Zealots will be dead very quick once the AOE hits.

Yes Sentrys/Stalkers/Templar etc die very fast but so do Marines ( that are the damage of the Terran army). Look at the HP with Shields of the Protoss units and then look at the HP of Terran Units ( and alot of times you can subtract 10 HP from Marines and 20 from Marauders thanks to Stim ) . Yes the Terran Bio does more damage but thanks to AOE-damage that will at least partly hit the HP of the Terran army will be even lower in the actual fight . So alot of Bio will die nevertheless.

Terran only has a few Units with High HP and those are usually not all that usefull since they cost enough that Bio build instead will have ~equal HP while actually doing more damage beeing more mobile and having more combined Armor. The High HP Units don't even have an AOE to make up for it just good single target DPS something that isn't all that great in big fights.


Protoss units having "enough HP even without Shields" is sooo subjective. I can't argue with you on that one. That's like me saying terran units do enough damage without Stim.
Shields will not have partly regenerated once kiting has ended unless your entire army consists of zealots. I don't have the numbers at hand and I'm to lazy to check liquipedia, but shields take a decent time to even start regenerating and they don't exactly regenerate fast. If by "partly regenerated" you mean they'll have regained 1/10th of their full shields, then yeah - probably.
Marines are supposed to die fast. They only cost you 50 minerals afterall, but I'm not here to discuss the balance of marines (I think they're fine actually).

All I'm saying is EMP is incredibly strong and this patch won't change the problematic laaaategame. I welcome it, since I will most likely get a storm or two more off midgame since it's harder to hit specific targets now if they're spread out, but I still feel like the very lategame is still strongly in favor of terran and I don't think the patch will affect that. At all.

On November 11 2011 20:25 Sarang wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 19:48 Mandalor wrote:
On November 11 2011 19:28 Quintum_ wrote:
On November 11 2011 19:13 Honeybadger wrote:
On November 11 2011 07:05 gosuMalicE wrote:
Man I cannot believe the massive amount of Terran balance whine in this thread (like every other post) Just suck it up guys, basically everyone, including most terrans, agreed that emp was overpowered, why don't you just try the new version of the spell instead of bitching about it.


I'll stop thinking of EMP as OP when protoss stop saying it does damage. Shields recharge. Fast. You have storms, zerg has fungal. Both can kill units. Our damaging AOE spell comes from an awkward upgrade, slow, flying, vulnerable unit that has better spells in an engagement and the damage spell itself has a range of about nine inches.



I know, what was everyone thinking, clearly the 1000+ shields that emp takes away in an instant from a protoss army is just cosmetic, And seeing as a protoss army is faster then stimed bio it is just so easy for them to not only get out of combat but stay out of combat for the 30 to 40 seconds it would take to get there army back to full shields. Gezz all these sc2 noobs, what are they thinking.


haha I just had the exact same argument with a clanmate. Running away from a Terran bio army to recharge your shields. Lmao, try that yourself, just once. It's way better to just suicide your army to buy some time to rebuild some of it.

This entire EMP nerf is stupid. I don't get why Blizzard nerfed the radius as if that made a difference. The problems with EMP come late late game when terran easily has enough ghosts to carpet emp the entire protoss army and just remove all their shields in a split second. I'd much rather see them nerf the damage to shields and give them their old radius back. They could even broaden the radius, I wouldn't care. I'd just love my stalkers to not have half their hitpoints because of a spell that doesn't have to be researched, cannot be avoided, has an energy upgrade and can come from a potentially cloaked unit that isn't even THAT expensive.


you realise there's been a ton of balance patches and protoss players have started doing better already, right?

might be a good idea to wait a bit before we start nerfing terran and buffing protoss even more.


Last time I checked they didn't do better. They did reasonably well in Code A this week, but I think it's way too early to say that this is a general trend. But yeah I'm in favor of waiting some time and seeing if this patch really helped. I don't think it will, but I'm willing to accept that I was wrong if the results prove it.

On November 11 2011 20:08 secretary bird wrote:
Do you mean a maximum shield damage by emp? like 50 or something? I think a bigger radius with less damage would be much better for terran than this much smaller radius as you could emp again if necessary and against zealots it wouldnt even be needed while it would make no difference from pre-patch for energy removal.

And ghosts are expensive as terran needs those minerals and its 50% more resources than HTs.



Exactly. This wouldn't be a gigantic nerf, but it would take terran to emp several times to completely remove all shields. That would take more skill and that's something I like peronally. It would still be a great spell and that's fine.

Gas is the issue. Not minerals. Especially if you have mules.
zeehar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Korea (South)3804 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-11 12:13:07
November 11 2011 12:10 GMT
#1090
On November 11 2011 19:13 Honeybadger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 07:05 gosuMalicE wrote:
Man I cannot believe the massive amount of Terran balance whine in this thread (like every other post) Just suck it up guys, basically everyone, including most terrans, agreed that emp was overpowered, why don't you just try the new version of the spell instead of bitching about it.


I'll stop thinking of EMP as OP when protoss stop saying it does damage. Shields recharge. Fast. You have storms, zerg has fungal. Both can kill units. Our damaging AOE spell comes from an awkward upgrade, slow, flying, vulnerable unit that has better spells in an engagement and the damage spell itself has a range of about nine inches.


shields don't recharge when units are taking damage. how easy is it to run away from a bio army? not very, considering the terran has MARAUDERS

edit: after reading these posts after this guy, i can't believe so many people don't even know that SHIELDS DONT RECHARGE WHEN THE UNIT IS TAKING DAMAGE UNLIKE ZERG REGEN AND HOW SHIELDS WORK IN BROOD WAR

also, shields recharge fast, faster than they did in brood war, but it's NO WAY near a rate fast enough to have compensate for the ridiculous dps that MMM can do
I AM THE UNIVERSAL CONSTANT
Atreides
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2393 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-11 12:14:44
November 11 2011 12:12 GMT
#1091
On November 11 2011 21:04 Mandalor wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 11 2011 20:29 s3rp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 19:48 Mandalor wrote:
On November 11 2011 19:28 Quintum_ wrote:
On November 11 2011 19:13 Honeybadger wrote:
On November 11 2011 07:05 gosuMalicE wrote:
Man I cannot believe the massive amount of Terran balance whine in this thread (like every other post) Just suck it up guys, basically everyone, including most terrans, agreed that emp was overpowered, why don't you just try the new version of the spell instead of bitching about it.


I'll stop thinking of EMP as OP when protoss stop saying it does damage. Shields recharge. Fast. You have storms, zerg has fungal. Both can kill units. Our damaging AOE spell comes from an awkward upgrade, slow, flying, vulnerable unit that has better spells in an engagement and the damage spell itself has a range of about nine inches.



I know, what was everyone thinking, clearly the 1000+ shields that emp takes away in an instant from a protoss army is just cosmetic, And seeing as a protoss army is faster then stimed bio it is just so easy for them to not only get out of combat but stay out of combat for the 30 to 40 seconds it would take to get there army back to full shields. Gezz all these sc2 noobs, what are they thinking.


haha I just had the exact same argument with a clanmate. Running away from a Terran bio army to recharge your shields. Lmao, try that yourself, just once. It's way better to just suicide your army to buy some time to rebuild some of it.

This entire EMP nerf is stupid. I don't get why Blizzard nerfed the radius as if that made a difference. The problems with EMP come late late game when terran easily has enough ghosts to carpet emp the entire protoss army and just remove all their shields in a split second. I'd much rather see them nerf the damage to shields and give them their old radius back. They could even broaden the radius, I wouldn't care. I'd just love my stalkers to not have half their hitpoints because of a spell that doesn't have to be researched, cannot be avoided, has an energy upgrade and can come from a potentially cloaked unit that isn't even THAT expensive.


EMP only effects a certain amount of HP the Shields . So after the EMP hit it will never be an issue again in the fight. And Protoss units have enough HP even without Shields , especially the Zealot to without getting hit by EMP and still manage to live very long . Long enough for the Protoss AOE to kick in. Protoss Units even without shields still do reasonably well enough considering reeinforcing them is alot faster and easier . I mean most of the EMP damage on non-melee units ( sans Collossi if Vikings are around ) will partly have regenerated once they actually get hit . Since the Terran Bio needs to kite and get rid of the Zealots and Archons before getting to the rest of the army.

Zealot tank very well even without Shields tanks more then decent enough that is would be very hard / next to impossible to engage Zealot on full Shields everytime especially since all the Units that actually deal well with Zealots will be dead very quick once the AOE hits.

Yes Sentrys/Stalkers/Templar etc die very fast but so do Marines ( that are the damage of the Terran army). Look at the HP with Shields of the Protoss units and then look at the HP of Terran Units ( and alot of times you can subtract 10 HP from Marines and 20 from Marauders thanks to Stim ) . Yes the Terran Bio does more damage but thanks to AOE-damage that will at least partly hit the HP of the Terran army will be even lower in the actual fight . So alot of Bio will die nevertheless.

Terran only has a few Units with High HP and those are usually not all that usefull since they cost enough that Bio build instead will have ~equal HP while actually doing more damage beeing more mobile and having more combined Armor. The High HP Units don't even have an AOE to make up for it just good single target DPS something that isn't all that great in big fights.


Protoss units having "enough HP even without Shields" is sooo subjective. I can't argue with you on that one. That's like me saying terran units do enough damage without Stim.
Shields will not have partly regenerated once kiting has ended unless your entire army consists of zealots. I don't have the numbers at hand and I'm to lazy to check liquipedia, but shields take a decent time to even start regenerating and they don't exactly regenerate fast. If by "partly regenerated" you mean they'll have regained 1/10th of their full shields, then yeah - probably.
Marines are supposed to die fast. They only cost you 50 minerals afterall, but I'm not here to discuss the balance of marines (I think they're fine actually).

All I'm saying is EMP is incredibly strong and this patch won't change the problematic laaaategame. I welcome it, since I will most likely get a storm or two more off midgame since it's harder to hit specific targets now if they're spread out, but I still feel like the very lategame is still strongly in favor of terran and I don't think the patch will affect that. At all.

On November 11 2011 20:25 Sarang wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 19:48 Mandalor wrote:
On November 11 2011 19:28 Quintum_ wrote:
On November 11 2011 19:13 Honeybadger wrote:
On November 11 2011 07:05 gosuMalicE wrote:
Man I cannot believe the massive amount of Terran balance whine in this thread (like every other post) Just suck it up guys, basically everyone, including most terrans, agreed that emp was overpowered, why don't you just try the new version of the spell instead of bitching about it.


I'll stop thinking of EMP as OP when protoss stop saying it does damage. Shields recharge. Fast. You have storms, zerg has fungal. Both can kill units. Our damaging AOE spell comes from an awkward upgrade, slow, flying, vulnerable unit that has better spells in an engagement and the damage spell itself has a range of about nine inches.



I know, what was everyone thinking, clearly the 1000+ shields that emp takes away in an instant from a protoss army is just cosmetic, And seeing as a protoss army is faster then stimed bio it is just so easy for them to not only get out of combat but stay out of combat for the 30 to 40 seconds it would take to get there army back to full shields. Gezz all these sc2 noobs, what are they thinking.


haha I just had the exact same argument with a clanmate. Running away from a Terran bio army to recharge your shields. Lmao, try that yourself, just once. It's way better to just suicide your army to buy some time to rebuild some of it.

This entire EMP nerf is stupid. I don't get why Blizzard nerfed the radius as if that made a difference. The problems with EMP come late late game when terran easily has enough ghosts to carpet emp the entire protoss army and just remove all their shields in a split second. I'd much rather see them nerf the damage to shields and give them their old radius back. They could even broaden the radius, I wouldn't care. I'd just love my stalkers to not have half their hitpoints because of a spell that doesn't have to be researched, cannot be avoided, has an energy upgrade and can come from a potentially cloaked unit that isn't even THAT expensive.


you realise there's been a ton of balance patches and protoss players have started doing better already, right?

might be a good idea to wait a bit before we start nerfing terran and buffing protoss even more.


Last time I checked they didn't do better. They did reasonably well in Code A this week, but I think it's way too early to say that this is a general trend. But yeah I'm in favor of waiting some time and seeing if this patch really helped. I don't think it will, but I'm willing to accept that I was wrong if the results prove it.

On November 11 2011 20:08 secretary bird wrote:
Do you mean a maximum shield damage by emp? like 50 or something? I think a bigger radius with less damage would be much better for terran than this much smaller radius as you could emp again if necessary and against zealots it wouldnt even be needed while it would make no difference from pre-patch for energy removal.

And ghosts are expensive as terran needs those minerals and its 50% more resources than HTs.



Exactly. This wouldn't be a gigantic nerf, but it would take terran to emp several times to completely remove all shields. That would take more skill and that's something I like peronally. It would still be a great spell and that's fine.

Gas is the issue. Not minerals. Especially if you have mules.


That just totally invalidates everything you might ever have to say about the matchup... I mean its so stupid I don't even know how someone can say it. Minerals are ALLWAYS the limiting factor in TvP. No one even takes all their gases. Terran isn't protoss. The only gas expensive unit that Terran even wants is medivacs. EVERYTHING else is at least 2-1 minerals-gas ratio (ghost/viking) 4-1 (marauder) 1-0 (marine).

(gas is limiting factor in 1-1-1 all-in but that is the only tvp build where it is this case since tanks and banshees are gas heavy)
secretary bird
Profile Joined September 2011
447 Posts
November 11 2011 12:14 GMT
#1092
Well you already have to emp several times against archons or to remove all energy but okay.

And mules dont matter they are just like 4 extra mineral workers so you can use your actual scvs to take
4-6 gases ASAP if you choose to do that which no terran does because terran isnt Protoss and needs those
minerals.
Mandalor
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
Germany2362 Posts
November 11 2011 12:27 GMT
#1093
On November 11 2011 21:12 Atreides wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 21:04 Mandalor wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 11 2011 20:29 s3rp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 19:48 Mandalor wrote:
On November 11 2011 19:28 Quintum_ wrote:
On November 11 2011 19:13 Honeybadger wrote:
On November 11 2011 07:05 gosuMalicE wrote:
Man I cannot believe the massive amount of Terran balance whine in this thread (like every other post) Just suck it up guys, basically everyone, including most terrans, agreed that emp was overpowered, why don't you just try the new version of the spell instead of bitching about it.


I'll stop thinking of EMP as OP when protoss stop saying it does damage. Shields recharge. Fast. You have storms, zerg has fungal. Both can kill units. Our damaging AOE spell comes from an awkward upgrade, slow, flying, vulnerable unit that has better spells in an engagement and the damage spell itself has a range of about nine inches.



I know, what was everyone thinking, clearly the 1000+ shields that emp takes away in an instant from a protoss army is just cosmetic, And seeing as a protoss army is faster then stimed bio it is just so easy for them to not only get out of combat but stay out of combat for the 30 to 40 seconds it would take to get there army back to full shields. Gezz all these sc2 noobs, what are they thinking.


haha I just had the exact same argument with a clanmate. Running away from a Terran bio army to recharge your shields. Lmao, try that yourself, just once. It's way better to just suicide your army to buy some time to rebuild some of it.

This entire EMP nerf is stupid. I don't get why Blizzard nerfed the radius as if that made a difference. The problems with EMP come late late game when terran easily has enough ghosts to carpet emp the entire protoss army and just remove all their shields in a split second. I'd much rather see them nerf the damage to shields and give them their old radius back. They could even broaden the radius, I wouldn't care. I'd just love my stalkers to not have half their hitpoints because of a spell that doesn't have to be researched, cannot be avoided, has an energy upgrade and can come from a potentially cloaked unit that isn't even THAT expensive.


EMP only effects a certain amount of HP the Shields . So after the EMP hit it will never be an issue again in the fight. And Protoss units have enough HP even without Shields , especially the Zealot to without getting hit by EMP and still manage to live very long . Long enough for the Protoss AOE to kick in. Protoss Units even without shields still do reasonably well enough considering reeinforcing them is alot faster and easier . I mean most of the EMP damage on non-melee units ( sans Collossi if Vikings are around ) will partly have regenerated once they actually get hit . Since the Terran Bio needs to kite and get rid of the Zealots and Archons before getting to the rest of the army.

Zealot tank very well even without Shields tanks more then decent enough that is would be very hard / next to impossible to engage Zealot on full Shields everytime especially since all the Units that actually deal well with Zealots will be dead very quick once the AOE hits.

Yes Sentrys/Stalkers/Templar etc die very fast but so do Marines ( that are the damage of the Terran army). Look at the HP with Shields of the Protoss units and then look at the HP of Terran Units ( and alot of times you can subtract 10 HP from Marines and 20 from Marauders thanks to Stim ) . Yes the Terran Bio does more damage but thanks to AOE-damage that will at least partly hit the HP of the Terran army will be even lower in the actual fight . So alot of Bio will die nevertheless.

Terran only has a few Units with High HP and those are usually not all that usefull since they cost enough that Bio build instead will have ~equal HP while actually doing more damage beeing more mobile and having more combined Armor. The High HP Units don't even have an AOE to make up for it just good single target DPS something that isn't all that great in big fights.


Protoss units having "enough HP even without Shields" is sooo subjective. I can't argue with you on that one. That's like me saying terran units do enough damage without Stim.
Shields will not have partly regenerated once kiting has ended unless your entire army consists of zealots. I don't have the numbers at hand and I'm to lazy to check liquipedia, but shields take a decent time to even start regenerating and they don't exactly regenerate fast. If by "partly regenerated" you mean they'll have regained 1/10th of their full shields, then yeah - probably.
Marines are supposed to die fast. They only cost you 50 minerals afterall, but I'm not here to discuss the balance of marines (I think they're fine actually).

All I'm saying is EMP is incredibly strong and this patch won't change the problematic laaaategame. I welcome it, since I will most likely get a storm or two more off midgame since it's harder to hit specific targets now if they're spread out, but I still feel like the very lategame is still strongly in favor of terran and I don't think the patch will affect that. At all.

On November 11 2011 20:25 Sarang wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 19:48 Mandalor wrote:
On November 11 2011 19:28 Quintum_ wrote:
On November 11 2011 19:13 Honeybadger wrote:
On November 11 2011 07:05 gosuMalicE wrote:
Man I cannot believe the massive amount of Terran balance whine in this thread (like every other post) Just suck it up guys, basically everyone, including most terrans, agreed that emp was overpowered, why don't you just try the new version of the spell instead of bitching about it.


I'll stop thinking of EMP as OP when protoss stop saying it does damage. Shields recharge. Fast. You have storms, zerg has fungal. Both can kill units. Our damaging AOE spell comes from an awkward upgrade, slow, flying, vulnerable unit that has better spells in an engagement and the damage spell itself has a range of about nine inches.



I know, what was everyone thinking, clearly the 1000+ shields that emp takes away in an instant from a protoss army is just cosmetic, And seeing as a protoss army is faster then stimed bio it is just so easy for them to not only get out of combat but stay out of combat for the 30 to 40 seconds it would take to get there army back to full shields. Gezz all these sc2 noobs, what are they thinking.


haha I just had the exact same argument with a clanmate. Running away from a Terran bio army to recharge your shields. Lmao, try that yourself, just once. It's way better to just suicide your army to buy some time to rebuild some of it.

This entire EMP nerf is stupid. I don't get why Blizzard nerfed the radius as if that made a difference. The problems with EMP come late late game when terran easily has enough ghosts to carpet emp the entire protoss army and just remove all their shields in a split second. I'd much rather see them nerf the damage to shields and give them their old radius back. They could even broaden the radius, I wouldn't care. I'd just love my stalkers to not have half their hitpoints because of a spell that doesn't have to be researched, cannot be avoided, has an energy upgrade and can come from a potentially cloaked unit that isn't even THAT expensive.


you realise there's been a ton of balance patches and protoss players have started doing better already, right?

might be a good idea to wait a bit before we start nerfing terran and buffing protoss even more.


Last time I checked they didn't do better. They did reasonably well in Code A this week, but I think it's way too early to say that this is a general trend. But yeah I'm in favor of waiting some time and seeing if this patch really helped. I don't think it will, but I'm willing to accept that I was wrong if the results prove it.

On November 11 2011 20:08 secretary bird wrote:
Do you mean a maximum shield damage by emp? like 50 or something? I think a bigger radius with less damage would be much better for terran than this much smaller radius as you could emp again if necessary and against zealots it wouldnt even be needed while it would make no difference from pre-patch for energy removal.

And ghosts are expensive as terran needs those minerals and its 50% more resources than HTs.



Exactly. This wouldn't be a gigantic nerf, but it would take terran to emp several times to completely remove all shields. That would take more skill and that's something I like peronally. It would still be a great spell and that's fine.

Gas is the issue. Not minerals. Especially if you have mules.


That just totally invalidates everything you might ever have to say about the matchup... I mean its so stupid I don't even know how someone can say it. Minerals are ALLWAYS the limiting factor in TvP. No one even takes all their gases. Terran isn't protoss. The only gas expensive unit that Terran even wants is medivacs. EVERYTHING else is at least 2-1 minerals-gas ratio (ghost/viking) 4-1 (marauder) 1-0 (marine).

(gas is limiting factor in 1-1-1 all-in but that is the only tvp build where it is this case since tanks and banshees are gas heavy)


Yeah, you're right. I wasn't factoring in the entirety of terran unit costs. Ghosts are expensive. But they should be with the ablilites they have.
I don't think that invalidates everything else I said, tho.
msjakofsky
Profile Joined June 2011
1169 Posts
November 11 2011 12:28 GMT
#1094
just want to add that while the protoss army regains shields the ghosts also regain energy to emp again
s3rp
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany3192 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-11 14:39:37
November 11 2011 14:36 GMT
#1095
On November 11 2011 21:28 msjakofsky wrote:
just want to add that while the protoss army regains shields the ghosts also regain energy to emp again


I don't think Energy regenerates as fast as Shields though.


All i'm saying here btw is that EMP is absolutely neccessary in Terran lategame against any Protoss army to win. There had been several Protoss-players ( i presume ) trying to argue otherwise and crying "OFMG 1000! IMBA bla bla" . While thats alot it's still actually neccessary . Would it still work if it was over time ? Probably but it wouldn't make a like of difference overall. It does it's damage instantly and after shields are gone and there's no target with Energy to EMP it's useless unlike Storm or Fungal .
RinconH
Profile Joined April 2010
United States512 Posts
November 11 2011 14:38 GMT
#1096
The terran whine in this thread is akin to the "1%" whine against the occupy wall street protesters.
ThaSlayer
Profile Joined March 2011
707 Posts
November 11 2011 14:41 GMT
#1097
On November 11 2011 07:05 gosuMalicE wrote:
Man I cannot believe the massive amount of Terran balance whine in this thread (like every other post) Just suck it up guys, basically everyone, including most terrans, agreed that emp was overpowered, why don't you just try the new version of the spell instead of bitching about it.

Not mentioning that protosses and zergs had their fair share of whining too. Its part and parcel after every new patch...
Nightshake
Profile Joined November 2010
France412 Posts
November 11 2011 15:36 GMT
#1098
On November 11 2011 21:28 msjakofsky wrote:
just want to add that while the protoss army regains shields the ghosts also regain energy to emp again


Yeah and how fast ?

Can't understand why Protoss is whining against Terran in late game. What about doing Colossus ? Vikings ? OK, let's do units that are bad on ground. Oh, now he is making lot of Archons, shit ! No, i have EMP, it's still ok. I lost my Vikings, and I need more Ghosts cuz i don't have EMP, but I killed the Colossus. He is doing DT's, can't use my energy for EMP, I scan ! No more scans, I have to move. He Has LOT of Archons, this is bad. Need EMP !! Gogo EMP, yaaay.


4 seconds later, 5 Colossus come in and you die.


And I didnt even talk about the "Oh shit he stormed my army !". Yes, it happens, even if you're good at micro your army can die because of 3 Storms.

When you're Protoss : "Oh shit, he EMP'ed my whole army, I'm gonna fucking rage on TL because im unable to split my army and I didnt heard about going back !"

Seriously, you guys are ridiculous sometimes.
ceaRshaf
Profile Joined August 2009
Romania4926 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-11 15:57:29
November 11 2011 15:57 GMT
#1099
I actually want terrans to just shut up. What was until now OP they consider rightfully theirs and now that Blizzard took care of the problem (at least maybe) they are all OMG the NERFZ!!!. No dudes, it's called balance so that the mighty terrans come to the earthly zergs and protoss.

Man up and learn new strategies, but that should be easy cause all the t players are the smartest anyway.

Mess with the best, die like the rest.
envisioN .
Profile Joined February 2011
United States552 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-11 16:04:43
November 11 2011 16:04 GMT
#1100
On November 12 2011 00:57 ceaRshaf wrote:
I actually want terrans to just shut up. What was until now OP they consider rightfully theirs and now that Blizzard took care of the problem (at least maybe) they are all OMG the NERFZ!!!. No dudes, it's called balance so that the mighty terrans come to the earthly zergs and protoss.

Man up and learn new strategies, but that should be easy cause all the t players are the smartest anyway.


Too bad tanks suck balls vs Protoss and Air just gets demolished by blink stalkers/HT

Seriously, have you ever tried going mech vs Protoss? Or even bio mech? Chargelots rape the shit out of you.

EDIT: So bio is pretty much the only viable army until the ultra late game.
"Good works do not make a good man, but a good man does good works" -Martin Luther ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft516
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta19
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft516
SpeCial 100
Nina 84
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 156
Noble 82
Hyuk 58
NaDa 50
Bale 17
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm136
League of Legends
Doublelift4346
Counter-Strike
taco 30
minikerr24
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox495
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4306
Khaldor636
Other Games
summit1g7951
FrodaN1599
Coldzera 825
shahzam558
JimRising 471
C9.Mang0311
KnowMe163
ViBE80
ArmadaUGS57
Mew2King45
CosmosSc2 12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick843
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream79
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH321
• Hupsaiya 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21271
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
9h 29m
Online Event
10h 29m
FEL
15h 29m
AI Arena Tournament
16h 29m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
18h 29m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
INu's Battles
1d 11h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.