• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:23
CEST 01:23
KST 08:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9054 users

Statement of Millenium on the Stephano situation - Page 32

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 Next All
FluidKMC
Profile Joined April 2011
United States45 Posts
September 21 2011 17:13 GMT
#621
maybe i dont understand how the law works but how could milennium even have a case?
polysciguy
Profile Joined August 2010
United States488 Posts
September 21 2011 17:15 GMT
#622
personally id be all for a lawsuit, if for no other reason than to set a precedent. I have nothing invested in either team, though from what information i have been given millenium seems more at fault.
glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever---napoleon
Amestir
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2126 Posts
September 21 2011 17:16 GMT
#623
On September 22 2011 02:13 FluidKMC wrote:
maybe i dont understand how the law works but how could milennium even have a case?


Because a contract sounds very scary and everything. But a contract is a very vague legal term. We have no clue what Stephano signed. And even if he in fact signed some kind of contract that forbid him to change teams that soon again there are still reason why he / Millenium could get away with it.

Long story short, it's complicated.
We know nothing.
gogogadgetflow
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2583 Posts
September 21 2011 17:17 GMT
#624
On September 22 2011 02:13 FluidKMC wrote:
maybe i dont understand how the law works but how could milennium even have a case?


its a french thing. you can back out of some contracts within a 30 day grace period, maybe.
Gevna
Profile Joined August 2010
France2332 Posts
September 21 2011 17:33 GMT
#625
On September 21 2011 23:42 Testuser wrote:
Hi Mill. I have no respect for you whatsoever after this (nor Stephano). Col seeks to expand e-sports, and are doing a very good job at it. I understand their frustration, and I do not wish to tune in to any casts/streaming involving your team.
I'm not angry, merely disgusted at your apparent lack of professionalism. If e-sports is going to grow, things needs to be done the right way, which you didn't. The best thing you can do right now is kick Stephano of the team, so there can at least be some fairness, we don't need such people in all honesty.

Sincerely,
me.


Please, I want to understand why you are "disgusted". Because a team doesn't want the player they made big; to be stolen by anoter team ? Yeah, the way it happened is unprofessionnal, but imho, it's only stephano's fault by not really thinking about consequences, and now Mill try their best to protect him because he made a mistake.


Anyway, you as me, as all of us have NO clue about what happened. You can only have an opinion about the issue, but you need to stop making this kind of disgusting assertions. As a french player, I really can't see Mill's manager pressure Stephano the way you describe it.
LovE-
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1963 Posts
September 21 2011 17:40 GMT
#626
On September 21 2011 23:42 Testuser wrote:
Hi Mill. I have no respect for you whatsoever after this (nor Stephano). Col seeks to expand e-sports, and are doing a very good job at it. I understand their frustration, and I do not wish to tune in to any casts/streaming involving your team.
I'm not angry, merely disgusted at your apparent lack of professionalism. If e-sports is going to grow, things needs to be done the right way, which you didn't. The best thing you can do right now is kick Stephano of the team, so there can at least be some fairness, we don't need such people in all honesty.

Sincerely,
me.


I second this post..

Also sad to see no response yet from them
LovE.311 (NA) || @LovE_Sc2
polysciguy
Profile Joined August 2010
United States488 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-21 18:15:33
September 21 2011 18:11 GMT
#627
On September 22 2011 02:33 Gevna wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2011 23:42 Testuser wrote:
Hi Mill. I have no respect for you whatsoever after this (nor Stephano). Col seeks to expand e-sports, and are doing a very good job at it. I understand their frustration, and I do not wish to tune in to any casts/streaming involving your team.
I'm not angry, merely disgusted at your apparent lack of professionalism. If e-sports is going to grow, things needs to be done the right way, which you didn't. The best thing you can do right now is kick Stephano of the team, so there can at least be some fairness, we don't need such people in all honesty.

Sincerely,
me.


Please, I want to understand why you are "disgusted". Because a team doesn't want the player they made big; to be stolen by anoter team ? Yeah, the way it happened is unprofessionnal, but imho, it's only stephano's fault by not really thinking about consequences, and now Mill try their best to protect him because he made a mistake.


Anyway, you as me, as all of us have NO clue about what happened. You can only have an opinion about the issue, but you need to stop making this kind of disgusting assertions. As a french player, I really can't see Mill's manager pressure Stephano the way you describe it.

you can't have a player stolen if you don't have the rights IE a contract with them.
you are right, no one knows what actually happened, we have only CoL's account seeing as millenium's statement looks to be written by politicians....you know, alot of words that don't actually say anything....
so pretty much it looks like millenium is at fault for if not pressuring stephano to change his mind, knowingly signing him after he had been signed by CoL.
if millenium hasn't done any of these things then they should lay out the facts instead of giving a statement that addresses none of the accusations in any way.
glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever---napoleon
lvent
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States140 Posts
September 21 2011 19:20 GMT
#628
Something I just do not get is the fact that some people are always quick to point out so called "moral obligations" of the team that signs these controversial players. Is this an unwritten rule somewhere? I mean it is really baffling to me personally, that the last two player signing "controversy's" a high amount of post say the signing team was wrong because they did not talk to the former teams management. <--Does this even make sense????


I just cannot grasp how a team trying to get xxxx player onto their roster has any responsibility to report to xxxx player's prior team when xxxx player is a free agent/not under contract. Perhaps the only way I can see a possible instance would be if 2 teams have some sort of partnership like OGs and Liquid(*just as an example!).


For teams with no relationships this should never be used against them as a reason why "they were wrong". A free agent is a free agent. If three teams are throwing offers to someone and the player verbally agrees to one then its on him/her to let the other people know what is what. It really was not fair that the player agree verbally to one team and them physically signs with another team.

Sadly there will be no recourse for actions like these that should be placed on players that actually do shady things like this, unless tournaments and leagues start refusing them and take a stand about seriously trying to make this work and work right.

My two cents anyways.,,,
Sqq
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway2023 Posts
September 21 2011 20:53 GMT
#629
On September 22 2011 02:33 Gevna wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2011 23:42 Testuser wrote:
Hi Mill. I have no respect for you whatsoever after this (nor Stephano). Col seeks to expand e-sports, and are doing a very good job at it. I understand their frustration, and I do not wish to tune in to any casts/streaming involving your team.
I'm not angry, merely disgusted at your apparent lack of professionalism. If e-sports is going to grow, things needs to be done the right way, which you didn't. The best thing you can do right now is kick Stephano of the team, so there can at least be some fairness, we don't need such people in all honesty.

Sincerely,
me.


Please, I want to understand why you are "disgusted". Because a team doesn't want the player they made big; to be stolen by anoter team ? Yeah, the way it happened is unprofessionnal, but imho, it's only stephano's fault by not really thinking about consequences, and now Mill try their best to protect him because he made a mistake.


Anyway, you as me, as all of us have NO clue about what happened. You can only have an opinion about the issue, but you need to stop making this kind of disgusting assertions. As a french player, I really can't see Mill's manager pressure Stephano the way you describe it.


Wait, what ? Stolen ? No contracts where there in the first place. Milleniums statement wasn't even a statement. The only side we know for sure is the one CoL has posted. So I'll side with them. Weird how Millenium avoids the matter with that worthless statement, eh ?
Dead girls don't say no.
Gevna
Profile Joined August 2010
France2332 Posts
September 21 2011 21:07 GMT
#630
On September 22 2011 05:53 Sqq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2011 02:33 Gevna wrote:
On September 21 2011 23:42 Testuser wrote:
Hi Mill. I have no respect for you whatsoever after this (nor Stephano). Col seeks to expand e-sports, and are doing a very good job at it. I understand their frustration, and I do not wish to tune in to any casts/streaming involving your team.
I'm not angry, merely disgusted at your apparent lack of professionalism. If e-sports is going to grow, things needs to be done the right way, which you didn't. The best thing you can do right now is kick Stephano of the team, so there can at least be some fairness, we don't need such people in all honesty.

Sincerely,
me.


Please, I want to understand why you are "disgusted". Because a team doesn't want the player they made big; to be stolen by anoter team ? Yeah, the way it happened is unprofessionnal, but imho, it's only stephano's fault by not really thinking about consequences, and now Mill try their best to protect him because he made a mistake.


Anyway, you as me, as all of us have NO clue about what happened. You can only have an opinion about the issue, but you need to stop making this kind of disgusting assertions. As a french player, I really can't see Mill's manager pressure Stephano the way you describe it.


Wait, what ? Stolen ? No contracts where there in the first place. Milleniums statement wasn't even a statement. The only side we know for sure is the one CoL has posted. So I'll side with them. Weird how Millenium avoids the matter with that worthless statement, eh ?


I agrree stolen is a hard word for this, but even without contract, Stephano is a part of millenium, he is payed and play for them. Somedays before this affair, Mill's manager was confirming that Stephano will be in Millenium for the next year. So, for me there is something wrong in Col's side.

About the statement, we can have the feeling that Mill is making fun of us, but maybe they don't want unlike Col, to publicize intern issues. They lack of transparence, but it's their politic, and that's seem okay for me. We don't need to know everything.

Like I said, I'm not trying to put light on the issue, I'm just saying that you and me can't judge, while we know nothing.
lvent
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States140 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-21 21:58:36
September 21 2011 21:58 GMT
#631
On September 22 2011 06:07 Gevna wrote:

I agrree stolen is a hard word for this, but even without contract, Stephano is a part of millenium, he is payed and play for them. Somedays before this affair, Mill's manager was confirming that Stephano will be in Millenium for the next year. So, for me there is something wrong in Col's side.

About the statement, we can have the feeling that Mill is making fun of us, but maybe they don't want unlike Col, to publicize intern issues. They lack of transparence, but it's their politic, and that's seem okay for me. We don't need to know everything.

Like I said, I'm not trying to put light on the issue, I'm just saying that you and me can't judge, while we know nothing.



I am sorry but when you use a phrase such as :

"The techniques used by Complexity to recruit Stephano were quite disorienting to influence our young player towards a bad decision. After a long discussion, Stephano understood his mistake and decided to stay with Millenium for the next 12 months"

I believe it is on them to show valid reason for making some pretty damning statements/accusations about another SC2 team.

Given the way this whole mess has played out it is probably best that CoL are not stuck with him. His character in the situation has been telling to say the least....
Broodwurst
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany1586 Posts
September 21 2011 21:58 GMT
#632
I just think it's strange how he was "pressured" into a contract but then signs the next contract right after, doesn't make sense.
Fanboys = (ウ╹◡╹)ウ /// I like smiley faces
wraggy1234
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United Kingdom135 Posts
September 21 2011 22:06 GMT
#633
-.- worst statement ever..
www.clngaming.com
ForeverSleep
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada920 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-21 22:07:43
September 21 2011 22:07 GMT
#634
On September 20 2011 22:28 -Archangel- wrote:
This statement sound like something politicians from my country say every day on TV. It sound like a lot of talk and no content.


don't worry, they sound like that in my country too lol.

And also, I like millenium and all, but they really should explain wtf is going on. I mean, so far, I know that Col is pissed and Mil are acting like the guys trying to chill the ambiance, but kinda failing right now...
"Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans" - John Lennon
polysciguy
Profile Joined August 2010
United States488 Posts
September 21 2011 22:35 GMT
#635
On September 22 2011 06:07 Gevna wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2011 05:53 Sqq wrote:
On September 22 2011 02:33 Gevna wrote:
On September 21 2011 23:42 Testuser wrote:
Hi Mill. I have no respect for you whatsoever after this (nor Stephano). Col seeks to expand e-sports, and are doing a very good job at it. I understand their frustration, and I do not wish to tune in to any casts/streaming involving your team.
I'm not angry, merely disgusted at your apparent lack of professionalism. If e-sports is going to grow, things needs to be done the right way, which you didn't. The best thing you can do right now is kick Stephano of the team, so there can at least be some fairness, we don't need such people in all honesty.

Sincerely,
me.


Please, I want to understand why you are "disgusted". Because a team doesn't want the player they made big; to be stolen by anoter team ? Yeah, the way it happened is unprofessionnal, but imho, it's only stephano's fault by not really thinking about consequences, and now Mill try their best to protect him because he made a mistake.


Anyway, you as me, as all of us have NO clue about what happened. You can only have an opinion about the issue, but you need to stop making this kind of disgusting assertions. As a french player, I really can't see Mill's manager pressure Stephano the way you describe it.


Wait, what ? Stolen ? No contracts where there in the first place. Milleniums statement wasn't even a statement. The only side we know for sure is the one CoL has posted. So I'll side with them. Weird how Millenium avoids the matter with that worthless statement, eh ?


I agrree stolen is a hard word for this, but even without contract, Stephano is a part of millenium, he is payed and play for them. Somedays before this affair, Mill's manager was confirming that Stephano will be in Millenium for the next year. So, for me there is something wrong in Col's side.

About the statement, we can have the feeling that Mill is making fun of us, but maybe they don't want unlike Col, to publicize intern issues. They lack of transparence, but it's their politic, and that's seem okay for me. We don't need to know everything.

Like I said, I'm not trying to put light on the issue, I'm just saying that you and me can't judge, while we know nothing.


yes but just like i am currently employed by my company, without a contract i am free to leave at any time. the same situation applies.
glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever---napoleon
Cluster
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden125 Posts
September 21 2011 22:37 GMT
#636
If he was paid, but was not under contract, was he working black is that what you are saying? That is hardly any better. Though I find it hard to believe that such would be the case.
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
September 21 2011 22:39 GMT
#637
On September 22 2011 02:17 gogogadgetflow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2011 02:13 FluidKMC wrote:
maybe i dont understand how the law works but how could milennium even have a case?


its a french thing. you can back out of some contracts within a 30 day grace period, maybe.



any citizen can back out of a contract with a non citizen in 30 days with no penalty. Basicaly Mill is untouchable with this.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
polysciguy
Profile Joined August 2010
United States488 Posts
September 21 2011 22:41 GMT
#638
On September 22 2011 07:39 sermokala wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2011 02:17 gogogadgetflow wrote:
On September 22 2011 02:13 FluidKMC wrote:
maybe i dont understand how the law works but how could milennium even have a case?


its a french thing. you can back out of some contracts within a 30 day grace period, maybe.



any citizen can back out of a contract with a non citizen in 30 days with no penalty. Basicaly Mill is untouchable with this.

source please.
glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever---napoleon
JawHun
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States151 Posts
September 21 2011 22:47 GMT
#639
On September 22 2011 07:41 polysciguy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2011 07:39 sermokala wrote:
On September 22 2011 02:17 gogogadgetflow wrote:
On September 22 2011 02:13 FluidKMC wrote:
maybe i dont understand how the law works but how could milennium even have a case?


its a french thing. you can back out of some contracts within a 30 day grace period, maybe.



any citizen can back out of a contract with a non citizen in 30 days with no penalty. Basicaly Mill is untouchable with this.

source please.


What he said.
Proflo
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States148 Posts
September 21 2011 22:52 GMT
#640
On September 22 2011 07:47 JawHun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2011 07:41 polysciguy wrote:
On September 22 2011 07:39 sermokala wrote:
On September 22 2011 02:17 gogogadgetflow wrote:
On September 22 2011 02:13 FluidKMC wrote:
maybe i dont understand how the law works but how could milennium even have a case?


its a french thing. you can back out of some contracts within a 30 day grace period, maybe.



any citizen can back out of a contract with a non citizen in 30 days with no penalty. Basicaly Mill is untouchable with this.

source please.


What he said.


I would also like a source for this... I've seen it stated in multiple places adressing this topic, but I have yet to see proof of its existence... It seems extremely shifty that this law would be all encompassing....
Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings39
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O164
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 69
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1107
ZZZero.O 164
Bale 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm184
League of Legends
Doublelift4990
JimRising 704
Other Games
summit1g9981
FrodaN3043
KnowMe183
C9.Mang076
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1187
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1022
• Shiphtur177
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
10h 38m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
11h 38m
Monday Night Weeklies
16h 38m
Replay Cast
23h 38m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 11h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.