• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:05
CEST 03:05
KST 10:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9128 users

[Video] IdrA being IdrA -- A Compilation of Quotes - Page 39

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 44 Next All
Ruscour
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
5233 Posts
November 02 2011 00:29 GMT
#761
On November 02 2011 09:18 CeriseCherries wrote:
-.- Well I think a lot of people decided a while back to become IdrA haters and will now stand by their high-horse flags...

I mean if you look at recent IdrA: gg's all around at MLG (even to MC, whom he has been at odds with AND Boxer who cheesed him 4 straight games)

TotalBiscuit even said that IdrA and he had made up, and IdrA was no TB fan.

Many of the early GG problems have been slowly disappearing since slightly before IEM Guangzhou...

When I watch this, I don't go, wow thats a disturbed buy, or that guy is infantile. I go haha lol. Maybe I am infantile too, but I will shit on people when talking to my friends on Skype while in game. -.- I mean by this point its half persona, half habit...

People aren't haters because of not GGing etc, people are haters because he has little to no respect for anyone but the best and rarely admits that he's wrong. GGing is actually enforced in the MLG rules and you can get a warning if you don't, he says it in a professional setting because it looks good but ultimately it's two letters that really carry no meaning...

It's not like he should leave the scene or anything...some people just don't like immaturity or general disrespect and that's why they don't like IdrA, it's very simple. People have different views. If you don't want people to hate on IdrA fans then don't hate on them back.
CeriseCherries
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
6170 Posts
November 02 2011 00:29 GMT
#762
On November 02 2011 09:25 Zostix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2011 09:01 Nosferatos wrote:
Does Idra ever compliment his opponents?


Even if he didn't come off as an awkward and bitter person, why would he? Most of his fanbase are comprised of people who just want to see a player call another retarded. His fanbase doesn't want to see him compliment players, they just want him to say "hurr he's bad and retarded" whether he wins or loses.


Yea you just insulted me. Because I don't watch IdrA to see him rage. I watch him because he is one of the top non-Korean zerg, and he plays a macro style that isn't gimmicky and I can respect the solidity and mechanical skill that I so sorely lack in many occasions.

Is it funny when he calls someone doing something silly "fucking retarded"? maybe. But that isn't why most people like IdrA
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
KDot2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1213 Posts
November 02 2011 00:33 GMT
#763
On November 02 2011 09:25 Zostix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2011 09:01 Nosferatos wrote:
Does Idra ever compliment his opponents?


Even if he didn't come off as an awkward and bitter person, why would he? Most of his fanbase are comprised of people who just want to see a player call another retarded. His fanbase doesn't want to see him compliment players, they just want him to say "hurr he's bad and retarded" whether he wins or loses.


I am an Idra fan .... mostly I like seeing someone that is good enough to beat Bomber that comes from the US .... is that ok with you ?
Smackfools
Profile Joined October 2010
United States93 Posts
November 02 2011 00:36 GMT
#764
I laughed so hard during that game vs TT1 where he kept saying "now hes really mad"
Arkless
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1547 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-02 00:37:48
November 02 2011 00:36 GMT
#765
This vid kinda just bummed me out. Wasn't really funny to me at all, and if anything I just felt bad for Idra. If he was a more positive person all around, he would garner allot more success on top of what he already has. It's hard to be successful without thinking positively. And flaming ppl who beat you is just ridiculous IMO, how many "retards" beat him that day I wonder, and what does that make him?

All I really got from this video was, Idra just whines win or lose. Hates his job, hates this game. Well here is a tip if you truly feel that way. GET A NEW FUCKING JOB.
http://www.mixcloud.com/Arkless/ http://www.soundcloud.com/Arkless
honed
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada482 Posts
November 02 2011 00:37 GMT
#766
idra is a boss. good video
Neo27
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States154 Posts
November 02 2011 00:38 GMT
#767
Simply Awesome.

All of this from 1 week? I've gotta tune in!
"I was born too damn early! Where were these games when I was a kid?" - Angry Video Game Nerd
Salv
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Canada3083 Posts
November 02 2011 00:39 GMT
#768
Lol not going to lie, I can't stand Idra, but that's part of what makes him an appealing figure in the community.
Fleebenworth
Profile Joined April 2011
463 Posts
November 02 2011 01:13 GMT
#769
The emergence of a rageface like Idra was destined to happen at some point - there are just too many kids and immature people like him for it to NOT occur.
MoneyHypeMike
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada305 Posts
November 02 2011 01:24 GMT
#770
Need to stream MOAR !
vojnik
Profile Joined October 2010
Macedonia923 Posts
November 02 2011 01:32 GMT
#771
priceless !!!
For the swarm!
Vei
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2845 Posts
November 02 2011 07:30 GMT
#772
excellent video, love IdrA as well.
www.justin.tv/veisc2 ~ 720p + commentary
Zerste
Profile Joined September 2010
United States112 Posts
November 02 2011 07:42 GMT
#773
Good video, as if it hasn't been said enough.

To everybody who thinks IdrA's rage is his only appeal you're only kidding yourself. I love both of the following players, so don't get this next statement twisted but...

I watch Destiny for personality.
I watch IdrA for ability.
Honeybadger
Profile Joined August 2010
United States821 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-02 08:00:10
November 02 2011 07:58 GMT
#774
I have a deep lack of respect for IdrA. I'm sure he's a pleasant, friendly dude in person (and probably to anyone not playing him in a game of starcraft) and I love players who say things like they are, but Incontrol does that, IdrA just says whatever makes himself feel better, emotionally lashing out at players.

I don't know how much he loves the game, but a complete disregard for his position in it is very negative, and creates a bunch of little idra-followers who BM like crazy because idra does, following any negative thing he says as if it were the word of god, and overall hurts the state of the game. This isn't idra's fault, really (he didn't ask for it) but he doesn't really understand that it's his job now. With the power comes the responsibility. He needs to learn to control himself in the public image, because all the "morons" he so often quotes, are very quick to pick up on anything wrong that he says or does.

It also does nothing to help the game's image when pro players are as BM as they tend to be. If we, as a community, encouraged new players and mannered play, there would be a lot less resistance for getting SCII more in the spotlight. When it's no longer "angry kids raging in their basements," it can finally come mainstream.

So, you guys can like your idra. I'll stick with Sheth if I want Zerg. I don't care if he's a worse player, his attitude and method of handling his status as a pro gamer are leagues better than anything Idra puts forward. Same goes for Jinro, BoxeR, IncontroL, Day9, etc.

Sportsmanship (REAL sportsmanship, as Geoff pointed out in an inside the game episode) is the thing that will make or break this game in the public eye.
"I like to tape my thumbs to my hands to see what it would be like to be a dinosaur."
Galleon.frigate
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada721 Posts
November 02 2011 08:14 GMT
#775
On November 02 2011 16:58 Honeybadger wrote:
I have a deep lack of respect for IdrA. I'm sure he's a pleasant, friendly dude in person (and probably to anyone not playing him in a game of starcraft) and I love players who say things like they are, but Incontrol does that, IdrA just says whatever makes himself feel better, emotionally lashing out at players.

I don't know how much he loves the game, but a complete disregard for his position in it is very negative, and creates a bunch of little idra-followers who BM like crazy because idra does, following any negative thing he says as if it were the word of god, and overall hurts the state of the game. This isn't idra's fault, really (he didn't ask for it) but he doesn't really understand that it's his job now. With the power comes the responsibility. He needs to learn to control himself in the public image, because all the "morons" he so often quotes, are very quick to pick up on anything wrong that he says or does.

It also does nothing to help the game's image when pro players are as BM as they tend to be. If we, as a community, encouraged new players and mannered play, there would be a lot less resistance for getting SCII more in the spotlight. When it's no longer "angry kids raging in their basements," it can finally come mainstream.

So, you guys can like your idra. I'll stick with Sheth if I want Zerg. I don't care if he's a worse player, his attitude and method of handling his status as a pro gamer are leagues better than anything Idra puts forward. Same goes for Jinro, BoxeR, IncontroL, Day9, etc.

Sportsmanship (REAL sportsmanship, as Geoff pointed out in an inside the game episode) is the thing that will make or break this game in the public eye.


Whats going to make e-sports work is real genuenly interesting personalties, not more korean style forced politness. People need to express themselves and play their best... If Idra wants to change let him change, as he matures he likely will mellow... but fuck this we all have to be something we're not to make esports work... its going to get big or not on its own merits and a few people here or there are not going to make it or destory it.

Wafflelisk
Profile Joined October 2011
Canada1061 Posts
November 02 2011 08:21 GMT
#776
Meh, I like Idra. Probably because his personality is something I (sort of) aspire towards, as I'm way too shy and a total pushover. that being said, it does seem like too much at times. (calling Quebecois "off" because he doesnt like playing against 2 or 3 of them)
Waffles > Pancakes
mrtomjones
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada4020 Posts
November 02 2011 08:21 GMT
#777
On November 02 2011 09:29 CeriseCherries wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2011 09:25 Zostix wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:01 Nosferatos wrote:
Does Idra ever compliment his opponents?


Even if he didn't come off as an awkward and bitter person, why would he? Most of his fanbase are comprised of people who just want to see a player call another retarded. His fanbase doesn't want to see him compliment players, they just want him to say "hurr he's bad and retarded" whether he wins or loses.


Yea you just insulted me. Because I don't watch IdrA to see him rage. I watch him because he is one of the top non-Korean zerg, and he plays a macro style that isn't gimmicky and I can respect the solidity and mechanical skill that I so sorely lack in many occasions.

Is it funny when he calls someone doing something silly "fucking retarded"? maybe. But that isn't why most people like IdrA

Yah I'm an Idra fan who strongly dislikes it when he doesn't GG to respectable people... mostly Boxer. I also hate it when he quits too early. I'm someone who likes someone to fight to the end. But I still like him, especially lately with the better tourney manners and him even staying in a few games later then he would otherwise. Not tilting against Boxer was a big step.
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-02 08:36:36
November 02 2011 08:36 GMT
#778
Made me smile

Nice vid
In the woods, there lurks..
ejozl
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark3553 Posts
November 18 2011 21:16 GMT
#779
That was an "awful" watch, i feel bad now.
SC2 Archon needs "Terrible, terrible damage" as one of it's quotes.
Valon
Profile Joined June 2011
United States329 Posts
November 23 2011 05:05 GMT
#780
awesome
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 44 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings80
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech65
RuFF_SC2 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1045
ZZZero.O 155
Dewaltoss 22
Bale 16
Terrorterran 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm261
League of Legends
Doublelift7082
JimRising 711
Counter-Strike
minikerr21
Other Games
summit1g12060
C9.Mang0326
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1137
BasetradeTV189
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream45
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP131
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 55m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
9h 55m
Monday Night Weeklies
14h 55m
Replay Cast
21h 55m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 9h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.