• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:52
CEST 06:52
KST 13:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7774 users

A New Build Order Planner

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
DeltaOne
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden51 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-31 23:37:18
August 31 2011 10:41 GMT
#1
Hi everyone. This is an introduction to a new web-based build order planner I've been working on. I'm new to this forum and while this could be considered shameless self-promotion I hope the utility and relevance of this tool to this community will merit an exception.

The purpose of this tool is to examine, optimize and share builds and to fiddle around with ideas before trying them out in game. The simulation can handle most things like energy, larva count, mineral/gas patch saturation, expansions, chronoboosting, mules, upgrades, larvaspawning from queens, scouting, extractor trick etc. It does not take travel distances into account however, so it usually represents the best case scenario.

How it works in a nutshell
- Actions such as building a probe, start mining gas or sending out a scout are added to a list. This is your build order.
- Simulator traverse the list in order, always executing next item in list as soon as possible.
- Build timings are visualized in a timeline categorized by type (workers, buildings, units etc).
- Set time to any point and you can see current resources and available actions.
- Drag and drop orders in list to find out optimal timings. (Drag and drop may not yet work in all browsers.)
- Click items to remove them. Hover over them to see more information.
- Save and share builds by copying the URL.

Some actions may need a bit more explanation
- To chronoboost, place one or several chronoboost BEFORE the unit/upgrade you want chronoboosted.
- Use the pause action to delay the next action from the point it otherwise would have started.
- Use Go out with workers to simulate scouting or worker transfer
- Use Hatchery in Base if you want another Hatchery without making another set of mineral and gas patches available.
- Extractor trick will build an extractor and then cancel it three seconds later. Use pause to time it correctly.
- Addon switching is handled automatically. For example if you build a banshee and you have a tech lab it assumes you have switched them even if you built the techlab on your barracks. If you want to simulate hovering around with buildings, use pause.

Thankful for any feedback, bug reports or ideas how to improve this tool. One idea is to make it export to Yabot, but I'm not familiar with its format or if people still use it. If there are interest I will definitely try implement such requests.

You can find the build planner here
www.sc2planner.com

Some example builds (originally grabbed from liquipedia)
1 Rax Fast expand
4 Warpgate Push
14 Pool, 15 Hatchery
mrmg
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom7 Posts
August 31 2011 14:46 GMT
#2
Can I just say, this is AWESOME.

Just having a play aorund with it now.
When in Rome
BigJuiceBox
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom36 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-31 15:22:56
August 31 2011 14:55 GMT
#3
I don't always comment on Teamliquid.
But when I do it's to say how amazing a tool is.
<3

Edit: I found a small bug that won't let me make a siege tank and research siege tech at the same time because they both use the tech lab.
Always, I wan to be with you, and make believe with you. And live in harmony harmony oooh
Mjolnir
Profile Joined January 2009
912 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-31 15:14:42
August 31 2011 14:57 GMT
#4

This is pretty cool man, well done!

EDIT: Maybe I'm just a tool but there's nothing limiting Adrenal Glands to only Hive tech. I just researched it at 3:39.

Of course experienced players know this isn't possible, but a newbie messing around with it might get confused.

Just an FYI if you're looking for tweaks.

babishh
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada965 Posts
August 31 2011 14:58 GMT
#5
MIND = BLOWN

this is so much fun to use, seriously, thank you
twitch.tv/babishh
AmericanUmlaut
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2597 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-31 15:07:23
August 31 2011 14:58 GMT
#6
Yes, yes, a thousand times YES! I've been dreaming of something like this for months, and I'm so glad someone found the time to actually develop it!

I can't seem to find it at the moment, but I recall that there was a pretty good guide to the format used by YABOT at http://www.sc2builds.com

Feedback: It would be nice if the number of pauses were shown on the pause icon. Also, after a bit of experimentation, I still can't figure out how to get it to delay my first chrono boost until my pylon has completed.
The frumious Bandersnatch
Bromazepam
Profile Joined August 2011
820 Posts
August 31 2011 15:00 GMT
#7
Oh my god, I feel like you hacked my brain.
I was working on a planner EXACTLY like this one. Up to the smallest details as far as I can see. The only difference is that mine wasn't gonna be web-based.

Well, gg, I guess I don't need to complete mine anymore :D
Saying that something is killing esports is killing esports.
Garnet
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Vietnam9055 Posts
August 31 2011 15:04 GMT
#8
anyway to enlarge the main window? I have to scroll down for zerg buildings.
TitleRug
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States651 Posts
August 31 2011 15:05 GMT
#9
This is really well done. Good job!
coLCruncher fighting!
akaLtDan
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany62 Posts
August 31 2011 15:08 GMT
#10
This tool is absolutely amazing as far as I can tell!!! Thank you very much!
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
August 31 2011 15:12 GMT
#11
HOLY SHIT this is stupidly easy to use, very awesome visually, and omg epic! :D THANK YOU!
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
DeltaOne
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden51 Posts
August 31 2011 15:30 GMT
#12
On September 01 2011 00:04 Garnet wrote:
anyway to enlarge the main window? I have to scroll down for zerg buildings.

Are you talking about having more than like 20 tracks? I didn't think this would be very common. Can you give an example?
n0ah
Profile Joined June 2011
United States250 Posts
August 31 2011 15:36 GMT
#13
Wow man... I can see this becoming very, very powerful in the future. This is quite amazing. I haven't played with it too much (because I'm not that hardcore about my build orders) but this tool you've created seems absolutely incredible! GREAT work!

I'll post here if I do happen to find any bugs!
If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together
Fydor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada43 Posts
August 31 2011 15:38 GMT
#14
Wow this is amazing!...It really helps to visualize why you want to build things in what order. I mean with a 15 Hatch 15 Gas 15 Pool, if done perfect shows that hatch and pool finish at the exact same time. It also lets me look to make sure that overlords finish with larva injects.

An idea for a future feature: Allow to compare builds, maybe allow for a zoom in/out function so you can see more of the build at once. This could let you put in an FFE build for Protoss and see where the weak points are and then create a snipe build with Zerg, or something like that anyways.

Its awesome though, so awesome.
Bromazepam
Profile Joined August 2011
820 Posts
August 31 2011 15:53 GMT
#15
I think I found a bug, since I can't morph HTs into Archons: only the DT+DT combination works.

It also would be nice to have a feature to "kill" units: when I thinking about my planner I had the idea that it would be useful to simulate events like "what if I try to push and everything gets killed, can I safely transition into something else", or "what if I get harassed and lose a lot of workers".

Regardless, it's really a brilliant tool.
Saying that something is killing esports is killing esports.
DeltaOne
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden51 Posts
August 31 2011 16:01 GMT
#16
Thanks for the bug report and feedback. I also noticed some zerg upgrades lack the hive and lair requirements. It will be fixed shortly. Killing of units and workers is something under consideration.

Comparing builds, nice graphs and various output formats is definitely something I will be working on in the future.
Pimpmuckl
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany528 Posts
August 31 2011 16:03 GMT
#17
Wow, just wow. Keep it up pretty darn helpful.
twitter.com/pimpmuckl
Masayume
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Netherlands208 Posts
August 31 2011 16:07 GMT
#18
Very amazing and nifty tool. Just tinkered around with it a bit and if it gets polished a bit more (if we find all the bugs and report back to you), I can see myself and other players having some great use out of it. Makes figuring out builds a lot easier via an oversight.
Balance. Enjoy the process instead of focusing on musts.
snexwang
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia224 Posts
August 31 2011 16:08 GMT
#19
So, wait... how exactly do you get the extractor trick to work correctly?
DeltaOne
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden51 Posts
August 31 2011 16:12 GMT
#20
If extractor trick doesn't work it means you don't have larva/minerals to build another drone during the three seconds. You then need to delay the extractor trick (by inserting pause before) until it does work.
1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 232
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 536
Hyuk 451
Leta 77
NaDa 44
TT1 20
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm255
League of Legends
JimRising 748
Other Games
summit1g9968
WinterStarcraft466
Mew2King96
ViBE76
ArmadaUGS47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1046
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream156
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2174
League of Legends
• Rush1254
• Lourlo1094
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 8m
INu's Battles
7h 8m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
10h 8m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 8m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 8m
Replay Cast
18h 8m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 6h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.