• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:13
CEST 04:13
KST 11:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6749 users

Free MLG Silver Membership pass - Page 24

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 35 Next All
Hiroruby
Profile Joined November 2010
United States43 Posts
October 14 2011 17:43 GMT
#461
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I thought the codes were supposed to only be a one time thing. Using them more that that, imo, is just taking advantage of the system. I would just like to implore the people thinking of "renewing" the free membership, to consider purchasing it instead.

You already had a great event for free, right?. So if you think MLG earned the money with their last performance, now is the time you scratch their back for helping you to begin with. At least thats how I imagined things worked, someone helps you and then you return the favor ^.^

Regardless, thanks MLG, here's to many more.
Soleron
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1324 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-14 17:48:50
October 14 2011 17:47 GMT
#462
On October 15 2011 02:43 skipgamer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2011 02:32 Soleron wrote:
On October 15 2011 02:24 skipgamer wrote:
Orrrr, you can all spend $30 for a year of awesome content and support e-sports :S

$2.50 a month
~$0.63 a week
~$0.08 a day...

8 cents a day! I'm sure if you look you can find 8 cents a day on average on the footpath/sidewalk every day to make up for it.

It's not like they are asking for $20 a month *cough GSL cough*

I guess I'll just never understand the value of money to some people.

(if everyone who says they support e-sports actually supported e-sports; I bet the industry would grow overnight in to a multi-billion dollar industry)


I already spend all my money on GSL.

7 GSLs a year + Super = $80
~3 new format GSTLs a year = $75
AOL = $5 x several times a year

Probably over $170 spent per year.


Purely out of interest, and feel free not to reply, but don't you think a yearly gold pass to MLG is worth missing out on 3 GSL tournaments? And if so, why is that? Is it simply because GOMTV produces more content? Or is it because of the level of play is so much higher? Is it the hype and production or the tastosis or liquibet effect? Or something else entirely that I'm just not getting?

Just wondering is all...


Yes I do, I just don't know enough about next year's event structure to commit to that. This year they were all in the second half so buying Gold now could mean missing the time when they're on.

I also use neither the HQ stream nor VODs. This is purely so when I close/open each stream after every game of every set due to severe bandwidth limitations here it doesn't start up the 30s ad. And I keep reading that there will be more online events (that I don't care about much), so maybe less offline events for the money?

If it was confirmed that Gold would cover at least 4-5 events including Providence I would buy it.
gobrin
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada96 Posts
October 14 2011 17:51 GMT
#463
On September 30 2011 07:48 SundanceMLG wrote:
That's a lot of work to get extra codes.

Hopefully one day we'll get you to pick up a paid membership.

Enjoy the show - Orlando should be epic.


Does MLG get anything from Hot Pockets when people go through this whole code process?
Kawoomba
Profile Joined October 2011
20 Posts
October 14 2011 17:54 GMT
#464
Thanks a lot for the advice! Strange as it sounds, that Sundance knows of this and doesn't try to close it asap actually makes me more likely to just buy the paid membership.
nhara
Profile Joined August 2011
Norway1 Post
October 14 2011 17:55 GMT
#465
If it was confirmed that Gold would cover at least 4-5 events including Providence I would buy it.

I Bought the gold pass today, next renewal date is januray in 2013 so entire 2012 is covered
Rash
Profile Joined November 2010
Mexico45 Posts
October 14 2011 17:57 GMT
#466
Awsomely awsome! Worked for me!
If you don't like your society, you have two options: Change your society or change to another society
Soleron
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1324 Posts
October 14 2011 18:01 GMT
#467
On October 15 2011 02:55 nhara wrote:
Show nested quote +
If it was confirmed that Gold would cover at least 4-5 events including Providence I would buy it.

I Bought the gold pass today, next renewal date is januray in 2013 so entire 2012 is covered


That's cool, do you know how many live events will happen in 2012?
Kal_rA
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2925 Posts
October 14 2011 18:03 GMT
#468
Thanks bud! Will try
Jaedong.
ZAiNs
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom6525 Posts
October 14 2011 18:04 GMT
#469
On October 15 2011 03:01 Soleron wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2011 02:55 nhara wrote:
If it was confirmed that Gold would cover at least 4-5 events including Providence I would buy it.

I Bought the gold pass today, next renewal date is januray in 2013 so entire 2012 is covered


That's cool, do you know how many live events will happen in 2012?

More than this year .
bRuTaL!!
Profile Joined August 2010
Finland588 Posts
October 14 2011 18:06 GMT
#470
Well this sucks. I just bought mine . Well support esports and all that good jazz. Dammit thought...
Tasteless: "What was it Hans Solo was frozen in? Kryptonite?" Artosis: "Lol, no. Thats the stuff that hurts Batman."
Soleron
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1324 Posts
October 14 2011 18:11 GMT
#471
On October 15 2011 02:54 Kawoomba wrote:
Thanks a lot for the advice! Strange as it sounds, that Sundance knows of this and doesn't try to close it asap actually makes me more likely to just buy the paid membership.


Uh, they get paid money for this. Less than if everyone bought those memberships but a lot more than zero, or I'd be very surprised.

Sundance wants people to use this as a trial to get people to buy full Silver or Gold, but nowhere has he implied MLG is losing money on this.

My guess is a lump sum payment on top of whatever Hot Pockets usually pays as sponsorship fees.
skrotcyk
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden432 Posts
October 14 2011 18:12 GMT
#472
Now that I've done all the steps and I got my silver member code, where do i use it? The link from the email with the code, doesn't work. I also made an account on there and still I can't find anywhere to enter my code? I might just be really dumb but would be awesome if someone could help me out!?)
Soleron
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1324 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-14 18:22:22
October 14 2011 18:21 GMT
#473
On October 15 2011 03:12 skrotcyk wrote:
Now that I've done all the steps and I got my silver member code, where do i use it? The link from the email with the code, doesn't work. I also made an account on there and still I can't find anywhere to enter my code? I might just be really dumb but would be awesome if someone could help me out!?)


http://store.majorleaguegaming.com/hotpockets

This doesn't work? What happens when you do it? Are you logged in to MLG?
Teiwaz
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria158 Posts
October 14 2011 18:33 GMT
#474
Awesome! Works for Facebook haters like myself
↑ Now is the time to make use of the skills and wisdom you have acquired. ↑
skipgamer
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia701 Posts
October 14 2011 18:43 GMT
#475
On October 15 2011 02:43 Hiroruby wrote:
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I thought the codes were supposed to only be a one time thing. Using them more that that, imo, is just taking advantage of the system. I would just like to implore the people thinking of "renewing" the free membership, to consider purchasing it instead.

You already had a great event for free, right?. So if you think MLG earned the money with their last performance, now is the time you scratch their back for helping you to begin with. At least thats how I imagined things worked, someone helps you and then you return the favor ^.^

Regardless, thanks MLG, here's to many more.


Hear, Hear! Athough I also wonder why Sundance hasn't closed this loophole, or if he even can :S Or maybe he doesn't want to for some reason?

It's a very interesting situation. :S

On October 15 2011 02:47 Soleron wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2011 02:43 skipgamer wrote:
On October 15 2011 02:32 Soleron wrote:
On October 15 2011 02:24 skipgamer wrote:
Orrrr, you can all spend $30 for a year of awesome content and support e-sports :S

$2.50 a month
~$0.63 a week
~$0.08 a day...

8 cents a day! I'm sure if you look you can find 8 cents a day on average on the footpath/sidewalk every day to make up for it.

It's not like they are asking for $20 a month *cough GSL cough*

I guess I'll just never understand the value of money to some people.

(if everyone who says they support e-sports actually supported e-sports; I bet the industry would grow overnight in to a multi-billion dollar industry)


I already spend all my money on GSL.

7 GSLs a year + Super = $80
~3 new format GSTLs a year = $75
AOL = $5 x several times a year

Probably over $170 spent per year.


Purely out of interest, and feel free not to reply, but don't you think a yearly gold pass to MLG is worth missing out on 3 GSL tournaments? And if so, why is that? Is it simply because GOMTV produces more content? Or is it because of the level of play is so much higher? Is it the hype and production or the tastosis or liquibet effect? Or something else entirely that I'm just not getting?

Just wondering is all...


Yes I do, I just don't know enough about next year's event structure to commit to that. This year they were all in the second half so buying Gold now could mean missing the time when they're on.

I also use neither the HQ stream nor VODs. This is purely so when I close/open each stream after every game of every set due to severe bandwidth limitations here it doesn't start up the 30s ad. And I keep reading that there will be more online events (that I don't care about much), so maybe less offline events for the money?

If it was confirmed that Gold would cover at least 4-5 events including Providence I would buy it.


I think that's some really great feedback and I hope that Sundance is still eyeing the thread! If some of these concerns could be answered maybe memberships could prove more fruitful? at least to a minority, but still, I imagine that every 1,000 members are important at this stage? Or maybe I'm just totally out of touch with how the whole membership thing has progressed in the last couple months :S

Either way, I understand a lot of what you say, but, on the point of not using VOD's (or HQ but you're bandwidth limited anyway so that's a mute point;) wouldn't it be good to have the flexibility to enjoy the VOD's considering they would now be without ads so the loading of ads is irrelevant?

Anyway I'm glad you replied and I hope others do too with their reasons for why, this could even be turned into a "suggestions for MLG to get more subscribers" thread, rather than a "Let's all give MLG only a very small portion of what they deserve by going through HotPockets" thread.

Although, a thread about mature discussion and positive, and critical thinking on TL seems to be a rare-breed (nowadays that is, just judging by what I've seen in featured threads and such... I wish I was around here before every kid with the equivalent of IQ of a justin beiber fan learnt to use the internet )
Ighox
Profile Joined July 2009
Norway580 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-14 18:59:30
October 14 2011 18:54 GMT
#476
On October 15 2011 03:21 Soleron wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2011 03:12 skrotcyk wrote:
Now that I've done all the steps and I got my silver member code, where do i use it? The link from the email with the code, doesn't work. I also made an account on there and still I can't find anywhere to enter my code? I might just be really dumb but would be awesome if someone could help me out!?)


http://store.majorleaguegaming.com/hotpockets

This doesn't work? What happens when you do it? Are you logged in to MLG?

Doesn't work here either, just says "The code you entered is invalid. Please check the code you entered, or contact MLG support."

Edit; Tried again on a different email, and this second code worked.
BlackPuppet
Profile Joined September 2010
19 Posts
October 14 2011 18:56 GMT
#477
Thanks a lot! I'm stuck in my parents house and all I can do is watch SC2. So HD is really nice.!
Carras
Profile Joined August 2010
Argentina860 Posts
October 14 2011 18:59 GMT
#478
thanks..i had one but i forgot the account and mail -.-
iNbluE
Profile Joined January 2011
Switzerland674 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-14 19:01:40
October 14 2011 19:00 GMT
#479
Erm, on the last step (the voucher code to get on the MLG website itself), my Voucher code is "UNAVAILABLE", even though my silver membership was confirmed.

Anybody having the same problem?

EDIT: Tried a second time and it worked fine. Weird

Thanks for the tip
ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
qbs
Profile Joined January 2011
Poland771 Posts
October 14 2011 19:02 GMT
#480
omg wainting for an e mail form mlg hope it still works : (
DeMusliM !!!
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 35 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings177
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 172
ProTech125
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 228
Bale 17
Terrorterran 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm188
League of Legends
Doublelift6186
JimRising 708
Counter-Strike
taco 155
minikerr35
Other Games
summit1g11908
C9.Mang0368
PiLiPiLi9
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1120
BasetradeTV185
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP177
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 48m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
8h 48m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 48m
Replay Cast
20h 48m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 8h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.