• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:27
CEST 12:27
KST 19:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8791 users

Korean Reactions to Puma's Situation - Page 10

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 All
Ansinjunger
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2451 Posts
July 24 2011 03:10 GMT
#181
On July 24 2011 02:46 Stratos_speAr wrote:
Just waiting for Puma to go the way of MMA after winning one tournament. If that happens, we'll all look back and laugh at the shitstorm EG caused for themselves when they can't deal with Koreans anymore.

Best of luck to all parties, hope this was worth it.


What's with the MMA cheap shot ?

There's a number of players who haven't had much success lately, such as Mvp. The Korean scene is getting much more competitive as people that used to cheese/suck are getting to be much more rounded and formidable players.

I think Puma will be more like Select, still really good, but he will fall behind the Korean scene if he isn't able to get good practice there. Hopefully for his sake that proves wrong, but I'm still kinda ticked at EG.
Carbonthief
Profile Joined October 2010
United States289 Posts
July 24 2011 03:40 GMT
#182
Wow ok. So just because Puma wants to be able to provide for himself and takes an amazingly good opportunity, even though he talked to his coach about it before fully making the decision, he's a horrible person? This is absurd. Why would EG approach TSL and be like hey can we have one of your players? Of course that isn't going to go well, why would they even try? It's not even any of TSL's business what EG does especially since Puma was neither on a contract nor receiving a salary.

I feel sorry for TSL and I realize they would probably provide a salary if they could afford it. But it's not Puma's fault either, you have to have money to live, that's just the way it is, and Puma did this in the most respectful way he could given the circumstances, and people are just jumping all over him for it.

If I was Puma I would have done the same thing. If I was EG I would have done the same thing. If I was TSL's coach I would have completely understood why it happened, and while it would suck and make me sad, I would be understanding and support Puma's decision and just wish him well in his career instead of running a campaign to ruin his fucking image.
polysciguy
Profile Joined August 2010
United States488 Posts
July 24 2011 04:40 GMT
#183
i don't understand why everyone is upset, sure eg could have approached management with the offer instead of the player, but to be angry at puma for going with a better offer is beyond my comprehension. I mean, this happens in every pro sport. Players follow the money and the results, why progaming would be different than any other sport is beyond me.
glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever---napoleon
Giwoon
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)431 Posts
July 24 2011 04:51 GMT
#184
바이즈런: 다좋은데 이드라 싸이코패스 맨탈만 배우지말아라
(I'm fine with it. Just don't learn/[listen to] Idra's psychopath metal)

you got this translation wrong
its actually
"idra's psyopathic mentality"
BUTTHURT?
starcraft2rush
Profile Joined February 2011
306 Posts
July 24 2011 04:57 GMT
#185
On July 24 2011 12:40 Carbonthief wrote:
Wow ok. So just because Puma wants to be able to provide for himself and takes an amazingly good opportunity, even though he talked to his coach about it before fully making the decision, he's a horrible person? This is absurd. Why would EG approach TSL and be like hey can we have one of your players? Of course that isn't going to go well, why would they even try? It's not even any of TSL's business what EG does especially since Puma was neither on a contract nor receiving a salary.

I feel sorry for TSL and I realize they would probably provide a salary if they could afford it. But it's not Puma's fault either, you have to have money to live, that's just the way it is, and Puma did this in the most respectful way he could given the circumstances, and people are just jumping all over him for it.

If I was Puma I would have done the same thing. If I was EG I would have done the same thing. If I was TSL's coach I would have completely understood why it happened, and while it would suck and make me sad, I would be understanding and support Puma's decision and just wish him well in his career instead of running a campaign to ruin his fucking image.


You just don't get it do you. We as a community have been waiting to throw eggs at EG for awhile now.

They finally do something somewhat douchey , giving us an opportunity to shame the American dirt bags and you come in here with your logical reasoning.


your a damn buzzkill man TT
Aetherial
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia917 Posts
July 24 2011 04:58 GMT
#186
On July 24 2011 13:51 Giwoon wrote:
바이즈런: 다좋은데 이드라 싸이코패스 맨탈만 배우지말아라
(I'm fine with it. Just don't learn/[listen to] Idra's psychopath metal)

you got this translation wrong
its actually
"idra's psyopathic mentality"



Haha that's awesome, funny quote.
LastDance
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
New Zealand510 Posts
July 24 2011 05:09 GMT
#187
what a mess, and not surprised with the backlash. has EG even released an official statement yet (other than the interview on Weapon of Choice)?
Carbonthief
Profile Joined October 2010
United States289 Posts
July 24 2011 06:17 GMT
#188
On July 24 2011 13:57 starcraft2rush wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2011 12:40 Carbonthief wrote:
Wow ok. So just because Puma wants to be able to provide for himself and takes an amazingly good opportunity, even though he talked to his coach about it before fully making the decision, he's a horrible person? This is absurd. Why would EG approach TSL and be like hey can we have one of your players? Of course that isn't going to go well, why would they even try? It's not even any of TSL's business what EG does especially since Puma was neither on a contract nor receiving a salary.

I feel sorry for TSL and I realize they would probably provide a salary if they could afford it. But it's not Puma's fault either, you have to have money to live, that's just the way it is, and Puma did this in the most respectful way he could given the circumstances, and people are just jumping all over him for it.

If I was Puma I would have done the same thing. If I was EG I would have done the same thing. If I was TSL's coach I would have completely understood why it happened, and while it would suck and make me sad, I would be understanding and support Puma's decision and just wish him well in his career instead of running a campaign to ruin his fucking image.


You just don't get it do you. We as a community have been waiting to throw eggs at EG for awhile now.

They finally do something somewhat douchey , giving us an opportunity to shame the American dirt bags and you come in here with your logical reasoning.


your a damn buzzkill man TT


Seriously people just want something to cause a pointless drama over. I thought we as nerd were above that.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
July 24 2011 06:24 GMT
#189
On July 24 2011 13:51 Giwoon wrote:
바이즈런: 다좋은데 이드라 싸이코패스 맨탈만 배우지말아라
(I'm fine with it. Just don't learn/[listen to] Idra's psychopath metal)

you got this translation wrong
its actually
"idra's psyopathic mentality"

I laughed at that. Both kinda work!




Well, I'm not at all surprised by the reactions. Mine are very similar to theirs.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Prev 1 8 9 10 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Rush vs Light
Afreeca ASL 8052
StarCastTV_EN217
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko241
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 10436
Bisu 3107
FanTaSy 2325
Jaedong 935
BeSt 664
actioN 593
Horang2 414
EffOrt 412
Leta 292
Larva 262
[ Show more ]
Zeus 199
Barracks 125
Dewaltoss 111
Mind 93
Mong 84
JYJ 81
scan(afreeca) 71
sorry 58
ToSsGirL 57
Sexy 48
Killer 47
Free 39
Shinee 37
Aegong 35
sSak 33
soO 33
Bale 31
HiyA 16
yabsab 13
Sacsri 10
Dota 2
XcaliburYe249
Counter-Strike
byalli736
Other Games
singsing1697
olofmeister1000
crisheroes284
Pyrionflax194
KnowMe105
dupreeh59
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick659
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 138
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1266
Other Games
• WagamamaTV184
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
33m
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 33m
Replay Cast
12h 33m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 33m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
3 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.