• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:52
CEST 18:52
KST 01:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)47Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8814 users

An NASL Retrospective With EG.iNcontroL - Page 22

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 37 Next All
tubs
Profile Joined March 2010
764 Posts
July 15 2011 18:12 GMT
#421
I think I figured it out. Probably not the first to think this but...

Incontrol's real name is InconTROLL. He just trolled 21 pages of comments out of TL better than CombatEx.

Can't say I agree with his take on TotalBiscuit, but still a fan. Don't understand the hate towards TotalBiscuit and never will.
"Roach dies to immortal and rockit black guy" - Tierdal.thex
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
July 15 2011 18:13 GMT
#422
A thread like this makes Starcraft way less fun. Jesus Christ.
Moderator
On_Slaught
Profile Joined August 2008
United States12190 Posts
July 15 2011 18:13 GMT
#423
On July 16 2011 03:10 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2011 03:03 On_Slaught wrote:
On July 16 2011 03:01 Plansix wrote:
On July 16 2011 02:48 On_Slaught wrote:
On July 16 2011 02:42 iNcontroL wrote:
those weren't my points and you put quotes on them but that isn't what I said o_O


I altered your statements to make them fit my argument better. The statement in the actual interview struck me as odd since it always seemed as if you were friends with TB and spoke highly of him.


Updated for greater truthyness.

The shot at TB is fine. I know he is here to make a buck or two and thats great. Never seen him play a game, which is ok too. He has a great voice for broadcasting and brings some excitment and character to the game. He sometimes acts like he is casting with a higher purpose for e-sports, which I find weird.

Geoff is critical of everyone and should keep it up. Tyler gives the impression that isn't working as hard as he was before. And, damn it, I want him to work harder and put in the time. Geoff wants it too and he says it.


The irony oozing from this post is nauseating. Nothing I said is inconsistent with his statement. His intent is another issue but we only have what he said in an official interview to go off.

I would agree this isn't worthy of any major drama but saying what amounts to libel against another member of the community without any clear reason is... interesting to say the least.


I understood that the "quotes" were in relation to an interview he gave. But they aren't quotes because Geoff did not speak those statements. If you want to quote him, then do so. Don't rewrite his statements in a manner that favors the point you are trying to make and then slap quotes on either end.

In real life, thats called give false statements or lying. If your under oath, it's perjury. In TL, its just somthing you should get called out for.


Then your problem is a reading comprehension one because I immediately added "This is what I drew from his statement" to my post.

Either way it doesn't make what I said untrue or true. Rather it completely misses the point.
nvs.
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada3609 Posts
July 15 2011 18:13 GMT
#424
On July 16 2011 03:10 fishinguy wrote:
Oh no coming into SC2 to make money is so bad!

If this doesn't happen how would SC2 grow as a ESPORT?

What is the reason that

Bliz created SC2?
MLG started hosing SC2 tournaments?
Why NASL started?

Would SC2 reach what BW did if major companies don't come into the scene? Why would these companies take part?

FOR MONEY


Don't forget why Geoff was told to leave SOTG originally...

FOR MONEY

That shit's powerful yo.
atmuh
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States246 Posts
July 15 2011 18:13 GMT
#425
justin tv hosts all player streams and tournaments out of the goodness of their hearts
AdamBanks
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada996 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-15 18:15:59
July 15 2011 18:13 GMT
#426
On July 16 2011 03:06 Assirra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2011 03:01 xXFireandIceXx wrote:
I think this entire thing just got blown out of porportion. Srsly, these two people have both been fantastic in this community. Sure, Incontrol singled out TB, but he has his opinions. But all this flaming going on over this one statement seems a bit much.

Opinions are fine and all but why bring it up so much?
Till now i thought the TB jabbing like on stog were just some messing around and not taken seriously but when he saids this kind of stuff during an interview? Yea that is just asking for it.



I'm coming to the conclusion that this is just a bs inside running joke btw eg members or something designed to stir up shit. Either way I wont be reading anymore post that link me to eg. Maybe guys should change ur clan tag to BM. Stop hanging out with Idra cause i think that uglyness is starting to rubb off on other team members x.x


I wrote a song once.
nicotn
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands186 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-15 18:17:37
July 15 2011 18:16 GMT
#427
On July 16 2011 03:10 fishinguy wrote:
Oh no coming into SC2 to make money is so bad!

If this doesn't happen how would SC2 grow as a ESPORT?

What is the reason that

Bliz created SC2?
MLG started hosing SC2 tournaments?
Why NASL started?

Would SC2 reach what BW did if major companies don't come into the scene? Why would these companies take part?

FOR MONEY


SC2 is made to make money, for blizzard. its all a big money grubbing scheme i tell u!
Also, coincidence Idra did the exact same thing :O only he said husky was only in it for the money.

Geoff? recent fad in the team? drinking to much EG.IdrA juice?
Serek
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom459 Posts
July 15 2011 18:20 GMT
#428
Other than the remark (attack? :S) on TB and the comment on Lindsey I think this was a good interview.

I wish iNcontrol the best of luck in his future projects.
ProxyKnoxy
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2576 Posts
July 15 2011 18:21 GMT
#429
Saying that TB is only here to make money is a bit ridiculous and overly harsh... He's donated ALL of his stream revenue to host tournaments. And even the revenue from these tournaments go to ones in the future.

Its untrue and didn't need to be said at all...
"Zealot try give mariners high five. Mariners not like high five and try hide and shoot zealot"
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
July 15 2011 18:22 GMT
#430
On July 16 2011 03:13 On_Slaught wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2011 03:10 Plansix wrote:
On July 16 2011 03:03 On_Slaught wrote:
On July 16 2011 03:01 Plansix wrote:
On July 16 2011 02:48 On_Slaught wrote:
On July 16 2011 02:42 iNcontroL wrote:
those weren't my points and you put quotes on them but that isn't what I said o_O


I altered your statements to make them fit my argument better. The statement in the actual interview struck me as odd since it always seemed as if you were friends with TB and spoke highly of him.


Updated for greater truthyness.

The shot at TB is fine. I know he is here to make a buck or two and thats great. Never seen him play a game, which is ok too. He has a great voice for broadcasting and brings some excitment and character to the game. He sometimes acts like he is casting with a higher purpose for e-sports, which I find weird.

Geoff is critical of everyone and should keep it up. Tyler gives the impression that isn't working as hard as he was before. And, damn it, I want him to work harder and put in the time. Geoff wants it too and he says it.


The irony oozing from this post is nauseating. Nothing I said is inconsistent with his statement. His intent is another issue but we only have what he said in an official interview to go off.

I would agree this isn't worthy of any major drama but saying what amounts to libel against another member of the community without any clear reason is... interesting to say the least.


I understood that the "quotes" were in relation to an interview he gave. But they aren't quotes because Geoff did not speak those statements. If you want to quote him, then do so. Don't rewrite his statements in a manner that favors the point you are trying to make and then slap quotes on either end.

In real life, thats called give false statements or lying. If your under oath, it's perjury. In TL, its just somthing you should get called out for.


Then your problem is a reading comprehension one because I immediately added "This is what I drew from his statement" to my post.

Either way it doesn't make what I said untrue or true. Rather it completely misses the point.


I read your post and didn't think you should have used quotes on the statements. It implies that Geoff said them, which is untrue. I thought that your later post stating why you did it was silly and felt the need to point it out, which I did. You will notice in my post how it is clear that I altered your statement and that you never typed it. This is the point I was attempting to get across.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
enecateReAP
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom378 Posts
July 15 2011 18:24 GMT
#431
To be honest, all these arguments aside, personally I think TB makes us brits look like idiots, his commentary is just irritating, it isn't even entertaining.
Inc can make any statement he wants, doesn't mean everyone has go off about it, noone will even remember this in awhile.

And to everyone saying that he always goes off at Tyler...I mean COME ON. Aren't you guys pissed at Tyler? What was once a great player is too busy to do his occupation? Too lazy? Too Unmotivated?
I don't care if he's 'insulting' Tyler, everyone wants Tyler to get off his ass and show us how good we all know he is.
"Stargate units imba" - oGsMC
Benga
Profile Joined October 2010
Korea (South)471 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-15 18:28:33
July 15 2011 18:25 GMT
#432
On July 16 2011 03:13 nvs. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2011 03:10 fishinguy wrote:
Oh no coming into SC2 to make money is so bad!

If this doesn't happen how would SC2 grow as a ESPORT?

What is the reason that

Bliz created SC2?
MLG started hosing SC2 tournaments?
Why NASL started?

Would SC2 reach what BW did if major companies don't come into the scene? Why would these companies take part?

FOR MONEY


Don't forget why Geoff was told to leave SOTG originally...

FOR MONEY

That shit's powerful yo.


He said he wanted to focus being a competitive gamer
which is not going to happen
hi
xXFireandIceXx
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada4296 Posts
July 15 2011 18:28 GMT
#433
On July 16 2011 03:24 enecateReAP wrote:
To be honest, all these arguments aside, personally I think TB makes us brits look like idiots, his commentary is just irritating, it isn't even entertaining.
Inc can make any statement he wants, doesn't mean everyone has go off about it, noone will even remember this in awhile.

And to everyone saying that he always goes off at Tyler...I mean COME ON. Aren't you guys pissed at Tyler? What was once a great player is too busy to do his occupation? Too lazy? Too Unmotivated?
I don't care if he's 'insulting' Tyler, everyone wants Tyler to get off his ass and show us how good we all know he is.


Doesn't Tyler have a family? Maybe his time is really limited compared to the other gamers. I think it's not that he's lazy or anything and before getting to know him as a person, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions.
Nausea
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden807 Posts
July 15 2011 18:30 GMT
#434
So yeeeeeah... this thread is real fun stuff.

Incontrol bashes TB with false statements.
A person in this thread misquotes Incontrol.
Incontrol does not like to be misquoted.

Wow.
Set it ablaze!
Butigroove
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Seychelles2061 Posts
July 15 2011 18:31 GMT
#435
On July 16 2011 03:13 Chill wrote:
A thread like this makes Starcraft way less fun. Jesus Christ.

BUT THIS IS SO SERIOUS ITS EEEEEEEEESPORRRRRTSSSSSSS
beach beers buds beezies b-b-b-baaanelings
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
July 15 2011 18:34 GMT
#436
On July 16 2011 03:31 Butigroove wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2011 03:13 Chill wrote:
A thread like this makes Starcraft way less fun. Jesus Christ.

BUT THIS IS SO SERIOUS ITS EEEEEEEEESPORRRRRTSSSSSSS


I'm with this guy. If we took this as seriously as 300 took history and accuracy, I think we would all be better off.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
enecateReAP
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom378 Posts
July 15 2011 18:38 GMT
#437
On July 16 2011 03:28 xXFireandIceXx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2011 03:24 enecateReAP wrote:
To be honest, all these arguments aside, personally I think TB makes us brits look like idiots, his commentary is just irritating, it isn't even entertaining.
Inc can make any statement he wants, doesn't mean everyone has go off about it, noone will even remember this in awhile.

And to everyone saying that he always goes off at Tyler...I mean COME ON. Aren't you guys pissed at Tyler? What was once a great player is too busy to do his occupation? Too lazy? Too Unmotivated?
I don't care if he's 'insulting' Tyler, everyone wants Tyler to get off his ass and show us how good we all know he is.


Doesn't Tyler have a family? Maybe his time is really limited compared to the other gamers. I think it's not that he's lazy or anything and before getting to know him as a person, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions.


I think you forget that pro-gaming is his occupation?
He gets payed, to play this game.

Ofcourse he has a family, just like every other worker in the world has a family, they should still do their job.
"Stargate units imba" - oGsMC
Maero
Profile Joined December 2007
349 Posts
July 15 2011 18:40 GMT
#438
When is everyone going to step back and finally dismiss Incontrol as irrelevant?

Every time he speaks, it stirs up some more drama in the community over things that don't matter. Obviously, he believes he's the only one who is allowed to fleece the SC2 newbies for their money, and his self-propelled reputation will allow him to do that without people who should know better giving him any attention.

Just let it go, guys. It really doesn't matter.
Dental Floss
Profile Joined September 2009
United States1015 Posts
July 15 2011 18:41 GMT
#439
Wow wow wow, I'm so excited to see Incontrol at the next MLG; he always shows his best games at high-pressure tournaments and I think of all the American programers he has one of the best mind-sets for competition. Its going to be sick seeing what he prepares for Idra.

Incontrol and totalbiscuit should setup a BO7 charity showmatch and settle this awful thread once and for all.
Kim Tae Gyun.... never forget Perfectman RIP
xXFireandIceXx
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada4296 Posts
July 15 2011 18:41 GMT
#440
On July 16 2011 03:38 enecateReAP wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2011 03:28 xXFireandIceXx wrote:
On July 16 2011 03:24 enecateReAP wrote:
To be honest, all these arguments aside, personally I think TB makes us brits look like idiots, his commentary is just irritating, it isn't even entertaining.
Inc can make any statement he wants, doesn't mean everyone has go off about it, noone will even remember this in awhile.

And to everyone saying that he always goes off at Tyler...I mean COME ON. Aren't you guys pissed at Tyler? What was once a great player is too busy to do his occupation? Too lazy? Too Unmotivated?
I don't care if he's 'insulting' Tyler, everyone wants Tyler to get off his ass and show us how good we all know he is.


Doesn't Tyler have a family? Maybe his time is really limited compared to the other gamers. I think it's not that he's lazy or anything and before getting to know him as a person, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions.


I think you forget that pro-gaming is his occupation?
He gets payed, to play this game.

Ofcourse he has a family, just like every other worker in the world has a family, they should still do their job.



Most Koreans practise at least 12 hours a day. Even a pro-football player in the NFL doesn't work that long. All I'm saying is that there is probably a context here.
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
IntoTheiNu 1130
ComeBackTV 885
SteadfastSC485
TaKeTV 458
LamboSC2383
IndyStarCraft 169
Rex108
EnkiAlexander 51
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy27
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 485
LamboSC2 383
mouzHeroMarine 322
IndyStarCraft 169
ProTech156
Rex 108
UpATreeSC 84
BRAT_OK 70
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31918
Shuttle 1519
EffOrt 856
Light 691
Mini 619
Soma 461
firebathero 271
Rush 196
Snow 171
ZerO 155
[ Show more ]
hero 84
sorry 54
Liquid`Ret 48
Killer 42
Sea.KH 29
ToSsGirL 28
Sexy 23
Terrorterran 21
soO 20
Trap 18
Bale 16
Free 14
Shine 14
Sacsri 11
Dota 2
Gorgc7218
qojqva1813
Dendi975
420jenkins148
Counter-Strike
fl0m1372
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2026
crisheroes1233
XaKoH 215
MindelVK6
Liquid`Hasu0
Other Games
B2W.Neo1009
Beastyqt527
FrodaN428
ceh9196
Hui .192
ArmadaUGS190
KnowMe132
QueenE101
C9.Mang069
Trikslyr63
Mew2King53
Dewaltoss37
ZerO(Twitch)21
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream78
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 4
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 23
• FirePhoenix14
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3457
• TFBlade1231
Other Games
• imaqtpie468
• Shiphtur240
• WagamamaTV208
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 8m
Stellar Fest
20h 8m
OSC
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 17h
Online Event
1d 18h
FEL
1d 23h
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.