• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:06
CEST 09:06
KST 16:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6693 users

[News] New Slayers Member - Page 25

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 54 Next
starsucks
Profile Joined January 2011
233 Posts
July 14 2011 16:03 GMT
#481
On July 15 2011 00:58 nickbalev wrote:
Easiest way to put her on stage would be to go first on the fixed map with some highly effective cheese less stress for her and with proper execution = win for everyone.

I don't get it. Why would it be a win for everybody?

Why would more women be a win for eSports in general?
Better players are a win for eSports regardless of their gender.
The worst we could do would be to lower the skill level by promoting unskilled players because of non ingame relevant features and attitudes. Then we could just as well do mach fixing.
gostunv
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Japan1178 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 16:10:27
July 14 2011 16:09 GMT
#482
lol at people saying girls are more geared toward SC.

there already was an all-girl Bw league and they sucked.

males dominate hold-em and other uni-sex competitions.

pretty much all historical evidence proves that males are just flat out better at anything competitive weather it be a physical thing or not.

that being said i hope this girl is at least decent. maybe like leta-light.
teamblackeye.com ///// http://www.youtube.com/user/gostunv ///// https://twitter.com/forgenjuro
Arccotangent
Profile Joined October 2010
519 Posts
July 14 2011 16:09 GMT
#483
I was thinking Yellow as I was opening the page. Interesting result nonetheless.
"Taste the zombie's drug, now you want more."
Roaches
Profile Joined February 2011
Denmark152 Posts
July 14 2011 16:10 GMT
#484
On July 15 2011 00:38 koalemos wrote:
No it doesn't. I play piano and I can tell you playing SC is a lot more mentally challenging. One who excels at SC, can excel at anything.


I'm guessing you're going to learn a life lesson or two about "excelling at anything" over the next couple of years...
hi grack
Roaches
Profile Joined February 2011
Denmark152 Posts
July 14 2011 16:12 GMT
#485
On July 14 2011 21:09 Liquid`HuK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 21:05 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
I really hope she turns out to be amazingly talented / dedicated and does great.



nice joke i just hope she shows up to soccer on saturday


Don't tell me you'd "score on her"
hi grack
Klaus1986
Profile Joined April 2011
United States113 Posts
July 14 2011 16:12 GMT
#486
Scouted her on her looks? What is it, the 1950s over there?
DrBoo
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1177 Posts
July 14 2011 16:15 GMT
#487
ME GUSTA! A FEMALE!
"DrBoo is an elaborate troll" -Pufftrees
Retsu84
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany1 Post
July 14 2011 16:17 GMT
#488
nice
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
July 14 2011 16:21 GMT
#489
On July 15 2011 00:12 Diavlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 23:31 Olinim wrote:
Show nested quote +

So if you're a woman you can't play 5 games in a sitting?...a bo5 doesn't require "stamina"


[Trans] ESPORTS: It's not just for men

Yes, I am saying exactly that, obviouly they can play one bo5, but they simply cant play as much.

Tossgirl wrote:
Seo Ji-Soo: Being a progamer, it was disappointing for me to lack stamina and emotion control. Since I lack physical stamina, I can't practice for long hours. Then the skill gap becomes bigger, and I start to lose games. I have the desire to win and compete, but I can't control my emotions since I lose all the time. After losing so many games, I become depressed and wonder if this is really worth doing anymore. I have to deal with these emotions myself, so it becomes very difficult at times.


So, yeah.


You do realise that you can not say that girls lack stamina out of one example right?

A lot of virtuoso pianists are women. And piano requires far more physical and mental stamina than starcraft 2.


Not sure what you base your final statement on, but I do agree that taking Tossgirl as an example and saying 'alright, thats all women covered' is absolutely stupid.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Chriscras
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)2812 Posts
July 14 2011 16:23 GMT
#490
SHE

[image loading]

DIDN'T

[image loading]

PLAY?!

[image loading]
"En taro adun, Executor."
novabossa
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States350 Posts
July 14 2011 16:24 GMT
#491
From what I've gathered by reading the korean comments, SlayerS_Eve is a diamond level player. This and the fact that prohouses tend to be all-male concerns me...would she get placed in the same house? o.O
Rachel: First game. oGsMC: Yea. Rachel: Dark Templar. oGsMC: Yea. Rachel: Countered. oGsMC: Yea. Rachel: Were you worried? oGsMC: What?
Bozotclown
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom60 Posts
July 14 2011 16:25 GMT
#492
+ Show Spoiler +
On July 15 2011 00:12 Diavlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 23:31 Olinim wrote:
Show nested quote +

So if you're a woman you can't play 5 games in a sitting?...a bo5 doesn't require "stamina"


[Trans] ESPORTS: It's not just for men

Yes, I am saying exactly that, obviouly they can play one bo5, but they simply cant play as much.

Tossgirl wrote:
Seo Ji-Soo: Being a progamer, it was disappointing for me to lack stamina and emotion control. Since I lack physical stamina, I can't practice for long hours. Then the skill gap becomes bigger, and I start to lose games. I have the desire to win and compete, but I can't control my emotions since I lose all the time. After losing so many games, I become depressed and wonder if this is really worth doing anymore. I have to deal with these emotions myself, so it becomes very difficult at times.


So, yeah.


You do realise that you can not say that girls lack stamina out of one example right?

A lot of virtuoso pianists are women. And piano requires far more physical and mental stamina than starcraft 2.




That's retarded. Learning something and repeating it is far far less stressful than having new things thrown at you.
Dicks Everywhere
Nazeron
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada1046 Posts
July 14 2011 16:26 GMT
#493
Cool, grats to Slayers, looking forward to watching her play
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ighox
Profile Joined July 2009
Norway580 Posts
July 14 2011 16:27 GMT
#494
First step towards getting boothgirls to SC2.
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
July 14 2011 16:31 GMT
#495
On July 15 2011 01:24 novabossa wrote:
From what I've gathered by reading the korean comments, SlayerS_Eve is a diamond level player. This and the fact that prohouses tend to be all-male concerns me...would she get placed in the same house? o.O

I'm sure they are all gentlemen. Jessica hangs around the SlayerS house a lot, doesn't she? And I don't think she's had any troubles.

Half the responses in this thread really shed light on why girls don't like to get involved in e-sports. The sexism from just this community is almost too much to bear. For my part, I hope she does well, and I'm excited to see a girl on a professional SC2 team.
Louuster
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2869 Posts
July 14 2011 16:33 GMT
#496
On July 15 2011 01:31 babylon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2011 01:24 novabossa wrote:
From what I've gathered by reading the korean comments, SlayerS_Eve is a diamond level player. This and the fact that prohouses tend to be all-male concerns me...would she get placed in the same house? o.O

I'm sure they are all gentlemen. Jessica hangs around the SlayerS house a lot, doesn't she? And I don't think she's had any troubles.

Half the responses in this thread really shed light on why girls don't like to get involved in e-sports. The sexism from just this community is almost too much to bear. For my part, I hope she does well, and I'm excited to see a girl on a professional SC2 team.


Jessica is also their manager so Im pretty sure its not in the players interest to give her any trouble. Shes also twice their age, so she naturally gets respects for that.
Kim Taek Yong fighting~
Sbrubbles
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil5776 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 16:36:58
July 14 2011 16:34 GMT
#497
Are ppl comparing playing a piano to SC2? WTF?

At MOST you can compare the physical strain of doing both, in which case the piano is harder. Everything else is uncomparable.
Bora Pain minha porra!
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
July 14 2011 16:34 GMT
#498
The netizen comments are rather unfortunate. I hope Eve doesn't get too hurt by it and wins one game in GSTL to shut everyone up.
aksfjh
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4853 Posts
July 14 2011 16:36 GMT
#499
If there wasn't reason enough to be a fan of slayers!
Novalisk
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Israel1818 Posts
July 14 2011 16:36 GMT
#500
On July 15 2011 01:24 novabossa wrote:
From what I've gathered by reading the korean comments, SlayerS_Eve is a diamond level player. This and the fact that prohouses tend to be all-male concerns me...would she get placed in the same house? o.O


How did they reach that conclusion? Isn't ladder locked?
/commercial
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 916
910 731
ggaemo 657
actioN 429
Mong 283
Shuttle 108
Dewaltoss 83
Hm[arnc] 36
soO 26
yabsab 24
[ Show more ]
Bale 22
ZergMaN 20
Noble 17
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm217
Fuzer 34
League of Legends
JimRising 582
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor806
Other Games
summit1g8846
ceh9391
Happy380
PiGStarcraft240
Mew2King120
ArmadaUGS56
olofmeister23
trigger7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream119
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2398
League of Legends
• Rush1312
• Stunt450
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
5h 55m
OSC
14h 55m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 2h
Online Event
1d 3h
FEL
1d 8h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 9h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 11h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.