• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:53
CEST 18:53
KST 01:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)57Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7919 users

[News] New Slayers Member - Page 23

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 54 Next
Like
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany94 Posts
July 14 2011 15:09 GMT
#441
omgomg exited!
Maybe finally female players can break out of the stereotype!
I'm already rooting, ´SLayerS`_EvE whaiting!
Diavlo
Profile Joined July 2011
Belgium2915 Posts
July 14 2011 15:12 GMT
#442
On July 14 2011 23:31 Olinim wrote:
Show nested quote +

So if you're a woman you can't play 5 games in a sitting?...a bo5 doesn't require "stamina"


[Trans] ESPORTS: It's not just for men

Yes, I am saying exactly that, obviouly they can play one bo5, but they simply cant play as much.

Tossgirl wrote:
Seo Ji-Soo: Being a progamer, it was disappointing for me to lack stamina and emotion control. Since I lack physical stamina, I can't practice for long hours. Then the skill gap becomes bigger, and I start to lose games. I have the desire to win and compete, but I can't control my emotions since I lose all the time. After losing so many games, I become depressed and wonder if this is really worth doing anymore. I have to deal with these emotions myself, so it becomes very difficult at times.


So, yeah.


You do realise that you can not say that girls lack stamina out of one example right?

A lot of virtuoso pianists are women. And piano requires far more physical and mental stamina than starcraft 2.

"I don't know how many years on this Earth I got left. I'm gonna get real weird with it."
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
July 14 2011 15:15 GMT
#443
SlayerS_Jessica herself scouted based on her skills and looks.

Good choice ;p
Shes cute for sure cant wait to see her play.
And you know... .nice pictures and stuff...
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
Razakel
Profile Joined April 2011
Ireland466 Posts
July 14 2011 15:15 GMT
#444
On July 15 2011 00:02 SafeAsCheese wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 23:56 disco wrote:
So when is IdrA gonna make this one cry?


IdrA going to make her apologize for not picking zerg when she get invited to MLG


Over him, which would probably destroy his ego permanently.

Grats SlayerS, good to see you broadening the horizons of Starcraft and expanding your team with another great player. Looking forward to seeing her in the GSTL
VeNoM HaZ Skill
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1528 Posts
July 14 2011 15:16 GMT
#445
On July 14 2011 18:37 W2 wrote:
She looks like a female TOP.


My dreams have come true!!!!
#1 MMA fan! I like you too Taeja. Still patiently waiting for the Crown Prince to become the King.
dacthehork
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States2000 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 15:18:26
July 14 2011 15:16 GMT
#446
I hope if she becomes eve high B /low A rank they invite her to MLG/Dreamhacks, would be really good for SC2 to have some females do well.

Also I really like the white vest / turtle neck on the uniform. Damn I want a slayers uniform badly.
Warturtle - DOTA 2 is KING
iRaYP
Profile Joined March 2011
Scotland66 Posts
July 14 2011 15:17 GMT
#447
Really cool that she has joined Slayers :D. The only thing that worries me is that in the press release it says she has been recruited for her skills and LOOKS, which to me makes it look like slayers and recruiting her as some kind of Marketing ploy but i suppose if you have the looks why not use them
Herp Derp
SaLaYa
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States363 Posts
July 14 2011 15:19 GMT
#448
Wow good luck Eve!
Cornell 2014 // eYe_am_SaSsY
aebriol
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway2066 Posts
July 14 2011 15:21 GMT
#449
On July 15 2011 00:12 Diavlo wrote:
A lot of virtuoso pianists are women. And piano requires far more physical and mental stamina than starcraft 2.

Proof?
Daralii
Profile Joined March 2010
United States16991 Posts
July 14 2011 15:21 GMT
#450
On July 15 2011 00:17 iRaYP wrote:
Really cool that she has joined Slayers :D. The only thing that worries me is that in the press release it says she has been recruited for her skills and LOOKS, which to me makes it look like slayers and recruiting her as some kind of Marketing ploy but i suppose if you have the looks why not use them

I doubt BoxeR would agree to recruiting her unless she displayed at least some potential. The fact that she apparently only played 100 ladder games(on her only known account, anyway) before winning a tournament and getting recruited by SlayerS is, hopefully, indicative of her ability.
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
Al Bundy
Profile Joined April 2010
7257 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 15:21:32
July 14 2011 15:21 GMT
#451
She has won first place in an amateur tournament before but has no other experience with e-sports
.
Looks like she'll definitely need a TON of practice in order to get to the top

Anyway gratz to Slayers Team and GL to Eve

Also it may be the wrong topic to talk about it put we have to say NO to female only / male only tournaments.
o choro é livre
Roaches
Profile Joined February 2011
Denmark152 Posts
July 14 2011 15:29 GMT
#452
On July 15 2011 00:17 iRaYP wrote:
Really cool that she has joined Slayers :D. The only thing that worries me is that in the press release it says she has been recruited for her skills and LOOKS, which to me makes it look like slayers and recruiting her as some kind of Marketing ploy but i suppose if you have the looks why not use them


I imagine that the LOOKS part is, at leat to some degree, just part of a Korean polite-ness thing. It's entirely possible that leaving this out is a mortal insult in Korean and it just somehow gets lost in translation.

I think also Korean society is still slightly more traditional in these regards so that whereas a formulation like this is basically percieved as sexist and discriminatory in the west, in Korea they're all like "why would you treat men and women equally, of course looks are important for a young girl?!?" though I could be mistaken here.

Also she is kind of cute, and it will be fun to see if she can take some games off the boys at GSTL. I wonder what kind of ceremonies she would do?

"SlayerS good
IM bad
Losing to a girl
Makes Nestea sad
GOOOOOO SLAYERS!" *shakes pom-poms*
hi grack
lolsixtynine
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States600 Posts
July 14 2011 15:31 GMT
#453
That's cool, I hope she does well! Nice to see that there's women trying in Korea and hopefully succeeding! SlayerS is definitely the team to be on for young talent, with the possible exception of IM!
cArn-
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Korea (South)824 Posts
July 14 2011 15:34 GMT
#454
On July 15 2011 00:12 Diavlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 23:31 Olinim wrote:
Show nested quote +

So if you're a woman you can't play 5 games in a sitting?...a bo5 doesn't require "stamina"


[Trans] ESPORTS: It's not just for men

Yes, I am saying exactly that, obviouly they can play one bo5, but they simply cant play as much.

Tossgirl wrote:
Seo Ji-Soo: Being a progamer, it was disappointing for me to lack stamina and emotion control. Since I lack physical stamina, I can't practice for long hours. Then the skill gap becomes bigger, and I start to lose games. I have the desire to win and compete, but I can't control my emotions since I lose all the time. After losing so many games, I become depressed and wonder if this is really worth doing anymore. I have to deal with these emotions myself, so it becomes very difficult at times.


So, yeah.


You do realise that you can not say that girls lack stamina out of one example right?

A lot of virtuoso pianists are women. And piano requires far more physical and mental stamina than starcraft 2.



You can't be serious...
Twitter : http://twitter.com/CARNDARAK
koalemos
Profile Joined July 2011
United States31 Posts
July 14 2011 15:38 GMT
#455
On July 15 2011 00:12 Diavlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 23:31 Olinim wrote:
Show nested quote +

So if you're a woman you can't play 5 games in a sitting?...a bo5 doesn't require "stamina"


[Trans] ESPORTS: It's not just for men

Yes, I am saying exactly that, obviouly they can play one bo5, but they simply cant play as much.

Tossgirl wrote:
Seo Ji-Soo: Being a progamer, it was disappointing for me to lack stamina and emotion control. Since I lack physical stamina, I can't practice for long hours. Then the skill gap becomes bigger, and I start to lose games. I have the desire to win and compete, but I can't control my emotions since I lose all the time. After losing so many games, I become depressed and wonder if this is really worth doing anymore. I have to deal with these emotions myself, so it becomes very difficult at times.


So, yeah.


You do realise that you can not say that girls lack stamina out of one example right?

A lot of virtuoso pianists are women. And piano requires far more physical and mental stamina than starcraft 2.




No it doesn't. I play piano and I can tell you playing SC is a lot more mentally challenging. One who excels at SC, can excel at anything.
Tosho
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia498 Posts
July 14 2011 15:38 GMT
#456
Here's to hoping she is a legit player and not something the team will eventually come to regret. I sincerely wish her and slayers the best.
Sandro
Profile Joined April 2011
897 Posts
July 14 2011 15:39 GMT
#457
Just remember that she is probably better than 95% of our foreign pros.

Can't wait for the day to see her travel outside of Korea and beat them in tournaments.
algue
Profile Joined July 2011
France1436 Posts
July 14 2011 15:40 GMT
#458
+1 tosho , I hope she will do some results ^^'
rly ?
Olinim
Profile Joined March 2011
4044 Posts
July 14 2011 15:41 GMT
#459
On July 15 2011 00:38 koalemos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2011 00:12 Diavlo wrote:
On July 14 2011 23:31 Olinim wrote:
Show nested quote +

So if you're a woman you can't play 5 games in a sitting?...a bo5 doesn't require "stamina"


[Trans] ESPORTS: It's not just for men

Yes, I am saying exactly that, obviouly they can play one bo5, but they simply cant play as much.

Tossgirl wrote:
Seo Ji-Soo: Being a progamer, it was disappointing for me to lack stamina and emotion control. Since I lack physical stamina, I can't practice for long hours. Then the skill gap becomes bigger, and I start to lose games. I have the desire to win and compete, but I can't control my emotions since I lose all the time. After losing so many games, I become depressed and wonder if this is really worth doing anymore. I have to deal with these emotions myself, so it becomes very difficult at times.


So, yeah.


You do realise that you can not say that girls lack stamina out of one example right?

A lot of virtuoso pianists are women. And piano requires far more physical and mental stamina than starcraft 2.




No it doesn't. I play piano and I can tell you playing SC is a lot more mentally challenging. One who excels at SC, can excel at anything.

Exaggeration of the century right here.
Pvvned
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States409 Posts
July 14 2011 15:42 GMT
#460
On July 15 2011 00:39 Sandro wrote:
Just remember that she is probably better than 95% of our foreign pros.

Can't wait for the day to see her travel outside of Korea and beat them in tournaments.

as long as she doesn't turn into SC2's version of (T)ToSsGirL
http://www.teamliquid.net/staff/R1CH/Happy2.gif
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1158
SteadfastSC778
ComeBackTV 755
TaKeTV 544
IndyStarCraft 203
Rex136
EnkiAlexander 72
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 778
IndyStarCraft 203
Rex 136
ProTech136
BRAT_OK 34
MindelVK 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45470
Shuttle 660
Mini 437
Rush 349
Larva 326
Soma 282
BeSt 196
Hyuk 109
firebathero 84
Dewaltoss 76
[ Show more ]
Mong 65
Sexy 33
ToSsGirL 31
Trap 26
Bale 18
Rock 16
Shine 14
Sacsri 12
Terrorterran 11
Dota 2
Gorgc8228
qojqva1783
Counter-Strike
fl0m1349
Fnx 804
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1615
Khaldor1190
Other Games
hiko1348
FrodaN1184
DeMusliM370
ArmadaUGS186
Livibee179
XBOCT170
KnowMe126
XaKoH 109
Beastyqt98
QueenE97
C9.Mang091
Mew2King78
CosmosSc2 13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV280
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream71
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 42
• StrangeGG 28
• Hinosc 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3976
Other Games
• Shiphtur362
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 7m
CranKy Ducklings
17h 7m
Online Event
18h 7m
FEL
23h 7m
AI Arena Tournament
1d
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 2h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.