• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:39
CEST 23:39
KST 06:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)50Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9617 users

[News] New Slayers Member - Page 22

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 54 Next
Elefanto
Profile Joined May 2010
Switzerland3584 Posts
July 14 2011 14:45 GMT
#421
On July 14 2011 23:31 Olinim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 23:30 Matkap wrote:
she could not play today because she is not in the roster (junkaa said it in the LR thread).

also, as I already posted in this tread, women ARE at a disadvantage in Esports, as they lack the stamina required for a Bo5 or Bo7 (as said by the "women of BW" in a TL article)

So if you're a woman you can't play 5 games in a sitting?...a bo5 doesn't require "stamina"


Maybe their mental stamina is much weaker, as women mostly get much easier off balance as their male counterpart.
wat
Maghetti
Profile Joined May 2008
United States2429 Posts
July 14 2011 14:46 GMT
#422
I would be extremely disappointed if they treated her more like a pet than a player and did not push her hard in training. I badly want to see some females performing at a high level in sc2. I want her training 20 hours a day getting the treatment that made so many other SlayerS terrans explode in skill in only a few weeks or months time. Make her a killer. I want a Gogo Yubari of starcraft ;o
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
July 14 2011 14:48 GMT
#423
Yesssssssss. This is a great move. Hope more females follow suit.
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
sCuMBaG
Profile Joined August 2006
United Kingdom1144 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 14:51:46
July 14 2011 14:50 GMT
#424
you need to think a step or two further than "it should be equal opportunites and the better male player should join the team..."

- sponsoring / fan issues: they are trying to draw attention, especially by gathering more female fans. this will gain more attention/awareness and will lead to sponsoring/clicks on the site etc.
+ all the nerds will go nuts and buy shiloads of slayers t-shirts and stuff.

- mindfucking: imagine you're up against slayers and a girl comes out first. I can imagine some players starting to think too much and be overly carful/aggressive and maybe make some mistakes.

- image reasons!

She might have problems in terms of skill, stamina, mindset or being too emotional. But I guess in the end contracting her will gain slayers more than another mediocre/talented male player would.
Painfck
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands28 Posts
July 14 2011 14:52 GMT
#425
sweet :D
Matkap
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Spain627 Posts
July 14 2011 14:52 GMT
#426
On July 14 2011 23:31 Olinim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 23:30 Matkap wrote:
she could not play today because she is not in the roster (junkaa said it in the LR thread).

also, as I already posted in this tread, women ARE at a disadvantage in Esports, as they lack the stamina required for a Bo5 or Bo7 (as said by the "women of BW" in a TL article)

So if you're a woman you can't play 5 games in a sitting?...a bo5 doesn't require "stamina"


[Trans] ESPORTS: It's not just for men

Yes, I am saying exactly that, obviouly they can play one bo5, but they simply cant play as much.

Tossgirl wrote:
Seo Ji-Soo: Being a progamer, it was disappointing for me to lack stamina and emotion control. Since I lack physical stamina, I can't practice for long hours. Then the skill gap becomes bigger, and I start to lose games. I have the desire to win and compete, but I can't control my emotions since I lose all the time. After losing so many games, I become depressed and wonder if this is really worth doing anymore. I have to deal with these emotions myself, so it becomes very difficult at times.


So, yeah.
A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on after him, and in that way he becomes immortal.
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
July 14 2011 14:54 GMT
#427
LOL EPIC MOVE

By esports/slayers

Wow, slayers is even MORE baller now. Kekekek, no wonder + Show Spoiler +
they did poorly against TSL...
jk

She said she is a fan of MMA and looks forward to practice with her new teammates and become an integral part of the team.


Fangirl? lucky (for her)
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
fire_brand
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada1123 Posts
July 14 2011 14:54 GMT
#428
TossGirl 2.0 I wonder if she'll forget marine range while going bio.
Random player, pixel enthusiast, crappy illustrator, offlane/support
disco
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Netherlands1667 Posts
July 14 2011 14:56 GMT
#429
So when is IdrA gonna make this one cry?
this game is a fucking jokie
Olinim
Profile Joined March 2011
4044 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 15:02:15
July 14 2011 14:58 GMT
#430
On July 14 2011 23:52 Matkap wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 23:31 Olinim wrote:
On July 14 2011 23:30 Matkap wrote:
she could not play today because she is not in the roster (junkaa said it in the LR thread).

also, as I already posted in this tread, women ARE at a disadvantage in Esports, as they lack the stamina required for a Bo5 or Bo7 (as said by the "women of BW" in a TL article)

So if you're a woman you can't play 5 games in a sitting?...a bo5 doesn't require "stamina"


[Trans] ESPORTS: It's not just for men

Yes, I am saying exactly that, obviouly they can play one bo5, but they simply cant play as much.

Show nested quote +
Tossgirl wrote:
Seo Ji-Soo: Being a progamer, it was disappointing for me to lack stamina and emotion control. Since I lack physical stamina, I can't practice for long hours. Then the skill gap becomes bigger, and I start to lose games. I have the desire to win and compete, but I can't control my emotions since I lose all the time. After losing so many games, I become depressed and wonder if this is really worth doing anymore. I have to deal with these emotions myself, so it becomes very difficult at times.


So, yeah.

1 example, even if it was true that generally girls are physically incapable of practicing a computer game as much as men, some simple exercise would remedy that problem. Or are you seriously telling me a fit woman is incapable of practicing a computer game for 10 hours? What about out of shape men, how does MC have enough stamina to train under these incredibly harsh conditions of clicking a mouse? HOW I ASK YOU?
branflakes14
Profile Joined July 2010
2082 Posts
July 14 2011 14:58 GMT
#431
Wait, what race does she play?
Daralii
Profile Joined March 2010
United States16991 Posts
July 14 2011 14:59 GMT
#432
On July 14 2011 23:58 branflakes14 wrote:
Wait, what race does she play?

Unless I missed something, terran.

Because that's exactly what SlayerS needed. :p
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
pullarius1
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States523 Posts
July 14 2011 15:01 GMT
#433
Holy crap- if you do a google search with that image... look at the "visually similar pictures" !!! It's a sign!
@pullarius1
starsucks
Profile Joined January 2011
233 Posts
July 14 2011 15:02 GMT
#434
Stupid girls who have no skill taking aways my starcraft........

Tossgirl was really an exception but even she wasn't too great. But now we have all kinds of shrews running around here having nothing to do with sc2.

It kinda started with Anna Prosser then came idra's girlfriend and finally it peaked with Mrs. Sporecrawler..........If Slayers Eve is a good player I wish her all the best at participating and tournaments although I'm afraid of the commentator's attitude. (I pray to god that it isn't her account....I mean gold league.....gold league....that's like bronze. Diamond would have been bad but gold. Cmon)

If she's reallly in gold league why should she get any training from a pro if she doesn't pay for it. It's the same with the anti air defense. Why should a pro waste time on a newb just because it's a girl. Really depressing to me.


User was warned for this post
SafeAsCheese
Profile Joined June 2011
United States4924 Posts
July 14 2011 15:02 GMT
#435
On July 14 2011 23:56 disco wrote:
So when is IdrA gonna make this one cry?


IdrA going to make her apologize for not picking zerg when she get invited to MLG
garlicface
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada4196 Posts
July 14 2011 15:03 GMT
#436
She's a cutie. SlayerS is such a cool team. Great staff, great players.

I wonder if she likes it... like a DT drop.
#TeamBuLba
OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
July 14 2011 15:03 GMT
#437
Best of luck to her, she'll need it.
[TLMS] REBOOT
starsucks
Profile Joined January 2011
233 Posts
July 14 2011 15:04 GMT
#438
On July 14 2011 23:54 fire_brand wrote:
TossGirl 2.0 I wonder if she'll forget marine range while going bio.

trolololol......marine range.
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
July 14 2011 15:06 GMT
#439
Hopefully she can actually play, but I have my doubts.

I'm still waiting on a legitimate female contender who can show the men how its done on a regular basis in RTS. I have yet to see one.
Aurdon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2007 Posts
July 14 2011 15:08 GMT
#440
Will she be leaving in the team house? That would be difficult for most red blooded, hormone driven young men. She's indeed attractive.

I do wonder how that would work with just one lady in a team house of all young men. This has nothing to do with sexism just realism. There would be additional logistics and decorum problems.
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech136
Nathanias 132
Nina 108
SpeCial 63
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12910
Bale 11
League of Legends
Doublelift2472
JimRising 368
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4994
Khaldor1342
Liquid`Hasu710
Other Games
summit1g7127
fl0m652
shahzam485
ToD177
KnowMe135
FrodaN122
ArmadaUGS118
Mew2King73
JuggernautJason50
NeuroSwarm40
ViBE32
PPMD15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV196
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream66
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• HerbMon 0
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen100
Other Games
• imaqtpie854
• Shiphtur210
• Scarra134
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 21m
Stellar Fest
15h 21m
OSC
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 12h
Online Event
1d 13h
FEL
1d 18h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.