• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:04
CEST 06:04
KST 13:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7584 users

[News] New Slayers Member - Page 24

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 54 Next
quantumslip
Profile Joined May 2010
United States188 Posts
July 14 2011 15:43 GMT
#461
On July 15 2011 00:38 koalemos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2011 00:12 Diavlo wrote:
On July 14 2011 23:31 Olinim wrote:
Show nested quote +

So if you're a woman you can't play 5 games in a sitting?...a bo5 doesn't require "stamina"


[Trans] ESPORTS: It's not just for men

Yes, I am saying exactly that, obviouly they can play one bo5, but they simply cant play as much.

Tossgirl wrote:
Seo Ji-Soo: Being a progamer, it was disappointing for me to lack stamina and emotion control. Since I lack physical stamina, I can't practice for long hours. Then the skill gap becomes bigger, and I start to lose games. I have the desire to win and compete, but I can't control my emotions since I lose all the time. After losing so many games, I become depressed and wonder if this is really worth doing anymore. I have to deal with these emotions myself, so it becomes very difficult at times.


So, yeah.


You do realise that you can not say that girls lack stamina out of one example right?

A lot of virtuoso pianists are women. And piano requires far more physical and mental stamina than starcraft 2.




No it doesn't. I play piano and I can tell you playing SC is a lot more mentally challenging. One who excels at SC, can excel at anything.


lol wut? depends on what level of piano you play at. i play piano casually and yea it is not challenging, it might require some practice; i would consider myself a "gold-level" piano player, lol. but to be a master/grandmaster/pro-gamer requires hours of practice, repetition, the mindset to be able to do things over and over again. there's so much more to piano than just suzuking it.
rawr!
Valikyr
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden2653 Posts
July 14 2011 15:44 GMT
#462
On July 14 2011 23:52 Matkap wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 23:31 Olinim wrote:
On July 14 2011 23:30 Matkap wrote:
she could not play today because she is not in the roster (junkaa said it in the LR thread).

also, as I already posted in this tread, women ARE at a disadvantage in Esports, as they lack the stamina required for a Bo5 or Bo7 (as said by the "women of BW" in a TL article)

So if you're a woman you can't play 5 games in a sitting?...a bo5 doesn't require "stamina"


[Trans] ESPORTS: It's not just for men

Yes, I am saying exactly that, obviouly they can play one bo5, but they simply cant play as much.

Show nested quote +
Tossgirl wrote:
Seo Ji-Soo: Being a progamer, it was disappointing for me to lack stamina and emotion control. Since I lack physical stamina, I can't practice for long hours. Then the skill gap becomes bigger, and I start to lose games. I have the desire to win and compete, but I can't control my emotions since I lose all the time. After losing so many games, I become depressed and wonder if this is really worth doing anymore. I have to deal with these emotions myself, so it becomes very difficult at times.


So, yeah.

Tossgirl lacks stamina = all girls lack stamina? Retard
Souljah
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States423 Posts
July 14 2011 15:45 GMT
#463
I wish her the best of luck. It would be awesome to see a female gamer do well... it would do wonders for SC2. I hope she is able to compete with the pros.

Doesnt hurt that shes a looker too.
Sandro
Profile Joined April 2011
897 Posts
July 14 2011 15:46 GMT
#464
On July 15 2011 00:42 Pvvned wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2011 00:39 Sandro wrote:
Just remember that she is probably better than 95% of our foreign pros.

Can't wait for the day to see her travel outside of Korea and beat them in tournaments.

as long as she doesn't turn into SC2's version of (T)ToSsGirL

Any pro player retiring after a loss to EvE would be icing on the cake lol.
Buubble
Profile Joined January 2009
United States191 Posts
July 14 2011 15:47 GMT
#465
I like how everyone's is like OMG girl and the article doesnt even mention what race she plays lol.
phate
Profile Joined August 2010
81 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 15:48:28
July 14 2011 15:47 GMT
#466
I see no reason why a female is not capable of competing at the highest levels in SC2. It's unfair to make any sweeping generalizations on the potential success of a female programer based off of Tossgirl. If you have one female compared with hundreds of males trying to be progamers, the odds are quite stacked against the female.
starsucks
Profile Joined January 2011
233 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 15:48:44
July 14 2011 15:47 GMT
#467
On July 15 2011 00:39 Sandro wrote:
Just remember that she is probably better than 95% of our foreign pros.

Can't wait for the day to see her travel outside of Korea and beat them in tournaments.

95%??? Gold League?

On July 15 2011 00:46 Sandro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2011 00:42 Pvvned wrote:
On July 15 2011 00:39 Sandro wrote:
Just remember that she is probably better than 95% of our foreign pros.

Can't wait for the day to see her travel outside of Korea and beat them in tournaments.

as long as she doesn't turn into SC2's version of (T)ToSsGirL

Any pro player retiring after a loss to EvE would be icing on the cake lol.

A pro losing to a gold league player should definitely retire.....


Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
July 14 2011 15:48 GMT
#468
On July 15 2011 00:47 CrimsnDragn wrote:
I like how everyone's is like OMG girl and the article doesnt even mention what race she plays lol.

She also added that she played the original game in elementary school where she mained Terran, and her choice has subsequently remained the same.


^^;;;
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
Darathor
Profile Joined February 2011
United States327 Posts
July 14 2011 15:48 GMT
#469
On July 15 2011 00:47 CrimsnDragn wrote:
I like how everyone's is like OMG girl and the article doesnt even mention what race she plays lol.

It said that she plays the same race as she did in BW which was terran.
Popss
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden176 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 15:48:55
July 14 2011 15:48 GMT
#470
On July 15 2011 00:44 Valikyr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 23:52 Matkap wrote:
On July 14 2011 23:31 Olinim wrote:
On July 14 2011 23:30 Matkap wrote:
she could not play today because she is not in the roster (junkaa said it in the LR thread).

also, as I already posted in this tread, women ARE at a disadvantage in Esports, as they lack the stamina required for a Bo5 or Bo7 (as said by the "women of BW" in a TL article)

So if you're a woman you can't play 5 games in a sitting?...a bo5 doesn't require "stamina"


[Trans] ESPORTS: It's not just for men

Yes, I am saying exactly that, obviouly they can play one bo5, but they simply cant play as much.

Tossgirl wrote:
Seo Ji-Soo: Being a progamer, it was disappointing for me to lack stamina and emotion control. Since I lack physical stamina, I can't practice for long hours. Then the skill gap becomes bigger, and I start to lose games. I have the desire to win and compete, but I can't control my emotions since I lose all the time. After losing so many games, I become depressed and wonder if this is really worth doing anymore. I have to deal with these emotions myself, so it becomes very difficult at times.


So, yeah.

Tossgirl lacks stamina = all girls lack stamina? Retard


Pro gamers aren't exactly known for their excellent physique either.

I call BS.

Have no doubt a girl can be competitive in any game as long as they put in the same effort as the guys.
Dfgj
Profile Joined May 2008
Singapore5922 Posts
July 14 2011 15:49 GMT
#471
On July 15 2011 00:46 Sandro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2011 00:42 Pvvned wrote:
On July 15 2011 00:39 Sandro wrote:
Just remember that she is probably better than 95% of our foreign pros.

Can't wait for the day to see her travel outside of Korea and beat them in tournaments.

as long as she doesn't turn into SC2's version of (T)ToSsGirL

Any pro player retiring after a loss to EvE would be icing on the cake lol.

Oh shit does FXO have to play Slayers?
Maghetti
Profile Joined May 2008
United States2429 Posts
July 14 2011 15:51 GMT
#472
Why do people keep mentioning gold league? No one knows what her account is or what her skill level is at this point.
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
July 14 2011 15:53 GMT
#473
While playing piano and Starcraft have some similarities, they are still very different. There are guidelines in music whereas in Starcraft there are many other variables in play. Some that you can control and others you don't. Musicians, songwriters, pianists are always in control.
00Visor
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
4337 Posts
July 14 2011 15:53 GMT
#474
On July 15 2011 00:49 Dfgj wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2011 00:46 Sandro wrote:
On July 15 2011 00:42 Pvvned wrote:
On July 15 2011 00:39 Sandro wrote:
Just remember that she is probably better than 95% of our foreign pros.

Can't wait for the day to see her travel outside of Korea and beat them in tournaments.

as long as she doesn't turn into SC2's version of (T)ToSsGirL

Any pro player retiring after a loss to EvE would be icing on the cake lol.

Oh shit does FXO have to play Slayers?

Sadly no.
Roaches
Profile Joined February 2011
Denmark152 Posts
July 14 2011 15:53 GMT
#475
On July 15 2011 00:47 phate wrote:
I see no reason why a female is not capable of competing at the highest levels in SC2. It's unfair to make any sweeping generalizations on the potential success of a female programer based off of Tossgirl. If you have one female compared with hundreds of males trying to be progamers, the odds are quite stacked against the female.


It would be nice if you could go around and explain this to all manner of equal rights movements and what have you. Then again it would probably be a waste of your time
hi grack
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
July 14 2011 15:57 GMT
#476
KeSPA used to run a female only pro league. It didn't last very long because the games were awful. Many women have tried and didn't get very far. While we do have many persistent women in this community who play, I don't see the same dedication as someone like HuK for instance. Until this woman reveals herself, I'll remain on the fence on this one.
nickbalev
Profile Joined March 2011
Bulgaria241 Posts
July 14 2011 15:58 GMT
#477
Easiest way to put her on stage would be to go first on the fixed map with some highly effective cheese less stress for her and with proper execution = win for everyone.
noipe
SafeAsCheese
Profile Joined June 2011
United States4924 Posts
July 14 2011 16:01 GMT
#478
Boxer just needs to teach her the 1/1/1 banshee/marine/scv/tank all-in against protoss and how to 2rax against zerg and she can hold a stable win rate
KaiserReinhard
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States554 Posts
July 14 2011 16:01 GMT
#479
I'm surprised there isn't already a 30 page fanclub, you let me down TL.
twitch.tv/imkirok
Harmonious
Profile Joined December 2010
179 Posts
July 14 2011 16:02 GMT
#480
On July 14 2011 21:09 Liquid`HuK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 21:05 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
I really hope she turns out to be amazingly talented / dedicated and does great.



nice joke i just hope she shows up to soccer on saturday


I don't know what to say man. This is so inappropriate. It's called Football!

I don't know how many times...

Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 186
ProTech121
Nina 38
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2223
Shuttle 1231
Snow 58
Dewaltoss 56
Bale 49
Noble 47
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1078
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King277
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor545
Other Games
summit1g8782
JimRising 668
C9.Mang0328
PiGStarcraft291
ArmadaUGS53
ViBE47
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream84
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta19
• practicex 14
• Letter146
• Response 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo960
• Stunt209
Other Games
• Scarra838
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
8h 56m
OSC
17h 56m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 5h
Online Event
1d 6h
FEL
1d 11h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 12h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 14h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.