• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:56
CEST 05:56
KST 12:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7769 users

[Q]Where to get TW account?

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
arbitrageur
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia1202 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-12 02:22:37
July 12 2011 02:22 GMT
#1
There's been discussion in the thread "Limited region "linking" announced" that we may be able to buy a TW account to play on the KR server after this linking happens. I wished to create this thread to centralize the discussion as I read the whole thread but didn't know how to do it.

I'm really keen on buying a TW account but I need some help. As we know from the other thread,

+ Show Spoiler +

http://www.offgamers.com/starcraft/starcraft-ii-tw-hk/starcraft-ii-cd-key-c-4183-6056-6057.ogm
sells it for around $70 US.

Apparently you need a Taiwanese NID thingy, but people have said you can just use an online generator (question: why can't you just use a generator for the analogous Korean ID thingy?).

I don't want to buy it from the above link, as the following place says that you can now get it for under $40:
+ Show Spoiler +
http://tw.battle.net/sc2/zh/blog/100552?page=2


The Taiwanese eBay comes up with 0 results when I search "starcraft 2", so there must be no listings in English. This doesn't help.
+ Show Spoiler +
http://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-TW&u=http://www.tw.ebay.com/&ei=j60bTtOWIoy4sAPCpoycBQ&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CC4Q7gEwAQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Debay%2Btaiwan%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DwOT%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26prmd%3Divns


---

One poster said that you can just change your region to TW in the battle.net settings and have a TW account that runs on English. Nobody disputed this individual's claim, yet somebody quoted this post and said that you need a Taiwanese NID. But, if you can find a generator of these IDs as other posters said, what exactly is stopping me from just changing the region on my current account to TW? Will I lose the ability to revert the region back to NA afterwards?

Thanks for any help!
EaryKing
Profile Joined July 2011
Bulgaria158 Posts
July 12 2011 03:24 GMT
#2
you need to search Starcraft2 in chinese in Taiwan ebay...
"You shouldn't trust your feeling sometimes. Remember Emperor had a feeling that Luke Skywalker would turn to the darkside.
Skyze
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada2324 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-12 03:26:34
July 12 2011 03:26 GMT
#3
id be interested in these answers too, but if I recall reading; I think the Taiwan SC copy is a "pay-per-month" thing; so while you found a $40 price, it may be only 60-days playcard kinda like WoW does.. I remember someone saying it costs like $200 to get a full unlimited-time license.

(dont quote me on it, not confirmed but just saying what I heard)
Canada Gaming ~~ The-Feared
Halcyondaze
Profile Joined January 2011
United States509 Posts
July 12 2011 03:28 GMT
#4
On July 12 2011 12:26 Skyze wrote:
id be interested in these answers too, but if I recall reading; I think the Taiwan SC copy is a "pay-per-month" thing; so while you found a $40 price, it may be only 60-days playcard kinda like WoW does.. I remember someone saying it costs like $200 to get a full unlimited-time license.

(dont quote me on it, not confirmed but just saying what I heard)


They are all the same game, just 40-60 bucks. There is no pay to play anywhere. But ya searching in English probably won't do you any good. Try chinese
Alternity
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States74 Posts
July 12 2011 03:33 GMT
#5
I did some research on this and to add Taiwan you need to buy battle.net game points.

One benefit is you can get a 30 day pass for sc2 for about 6 USD. Which is great because I dont know if I'll need KR access forever....

To buy a TW copy of SC2 you can go here: https://tw.battle.net/account/management/digital-purchase.html?product=S2&gameRegion=TW

You need battle.net gamepoints, which you can either buy from here: http://shop.mycard520.com.tw/ProductCategory/product_sale.aspx?prdId=A2144

Or if you are like me and would prefer to buy from a retailer that speaks english I found this site sells the SEA gamepoints at reasonable rates: http://www.offgamers.com/starcraft/starcraft-ii-tw-hk/starcraft-ii-cd-key-c-4183-6056-6057.ogm

I'm gonna pull the gun as soon as s3 hits!
Phaded
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia579 Posts
July 12 2011 03:34 GMT
#6
星海爭霸 = starcraft, though it doesnt look like theres any listings on ebay anyway
I am down but I am far from over
sandyph
Profile Joined September 2010
Indonesia1640 Posts
July 12 2011 03:41 GMT
#7
On July 12 2011 12:33 Alternity wrote:
I did some research on this and to add Taiwan you need to buy battle.net game points.

One benefit is you can get a 30 day pass for sc2 for about 6 USD. Which is great because I dont know if I'll need KR access forever....

To buy a TW copy of SC2 you can go here: https://tw.battle.net/account/management/digital-purchase.html?product=S2&gameRegion=TW

You need battle.net gamepoints, which you can either buy from here: http://shop.mycard520.com.tw/ProductCategory/product_sale.aspx?prdId=A2144

Or if you are like me and would prefer to buy from a retailer that speaks english I found this site sells the SEA gamepoints at reasonable rates: http://www.offgamers.com/starcraft/starcraft-ii-tw-hk/starcraft-ii-cd-key-c-4183-6056-6057.ogm

I'm gonna pull the gun as soon as s3 hits!


SEA is not TW though, so not sure whether the gamepoints you buy there will be usable in TW server
Put quote here for readability
tok
Profile Joined April 2010
United States691 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-12 03:48:53
July 12 2011 03:48 GMT
#8
Game Region Warning
Retail copies sold in United States (your account country) will connect to the North America game region.


Will I still be able to play on tw or KR if i buy from a US IP address?
VeryAverage
Profile Joined January 2011
United States424 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-12 03:55:31
July 12 2011 03:54 GMT
#9
On July 12 2011 12:41 sandyph wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2011 12:33 Alternity wrote:
I did some research on this and to add Taiwan you need to buy battle.net game points.

One benefit is you can get a 30 day pass for sc2 for about 6 USD. Which is great because I dont know if I'll need KR access forever....

To buy a TW copy of SC2 you can go here: https://tw.battle.net/account/management/digital-purchase.html?product=S2&gameRegion=TW

You need battle.net gamepoints, which you can either buy from here: http://shop.mycard520.com.tw/ProductCategory/product_sale.aspx?prdId=A2144

Or if you are like me and would prefer to buy from a retailer that speaks english I found this site sells the SEA gamepoints at reasonable rates: http://www.offgamers.com/starcraft/starcraft-ii-tw-hk/starcraft-ii-cd-key-c-4183-6056-6057.ogm

I'm gonna pull the gun as soon as s3 hits!


SEA is not TW though, so not sure whether the gamepoints you buy there will be usable in TW server



Well the MyCard points can just be added to your TW bnet account. 150 gets you 30 days (about 6 bucks), 1950 is the full version which equals roughly 75 USD.

I'm searching around for a TW Guest Pass, but I'm not sure if they exist or not. I guess 6 dollars to play on the Korean server for 30 days wouldn't be too big of a deal. It would probably be really fun.

Will I still be able to play on tw or KR if i buy from a US IP address?


You need to create a TW Battle.net account.
Alternity
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States74 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-12 03:56:56
July 12 2011 03:55 GMT
#10
Thats for RETAIL copies tok. If you buy online and have your region set to Taiwan that will not be an issue. Just click this link:
https://tw.battle.net/account/management/digital-purchase.html?product=S2&gameRegion=TW
Login like normal and it should prompt you to buy the TW version with points.

Sorry Sandy I checked and that english site i Iinked is selling the TW points, not the SEA, my mistake!

http://www.offgamers.com/starcraft/starcraft-ii-tw-hk/starcraft-ii-cd-key-c-4183-6056-6057.ogm
PresenceSc2
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia4032 Posts
July 12 2011 03:57 GMT
#11
If you guys are looking for KR accounts pm EZPikachu. He may be able to help u out
Stephano//HerO//TaeJa//Squirtle//Bomber
esc0bar
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada112 Posts
July 12 2011 04:20 GMT
#12
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=243084

Step by step on getting a TW account...
ggsnipes
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia68 Posts
July 12 2011 04:45 GMT
#13
http://people.debian.org/~paulliu/ROCid.html here is a NID generator. Translate it and it should be easy mate got a Taiwan acc easy as ( more easier than KR)
mash
nkwd
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States99 Posts
July 12 2011 04:53 GMT
#14
you can wait till 7/14, the TW version will be 1150NTD, which is 40 USD.
EZPikachu's KR account is too expensive...he asked for 100 USD
Team MnM http://mnmsc2.com http://www.sc2ranks.com/c/823/
Eleaven
Profile Joined September 2010
772 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-12 05:02:20
July 12 2011 04:55 GMT
#15
On July 12 2011 13:53 nkwd wrote:
you can wait till 7/14, the TW version will be 1150NTD, which is 40 USD.



source?

That's quite a discount :O


edit: for now i've gone for the 150pt 30 day option to test how the EU/kr lag is.

IF your right about the 40dollar 1150 card in 2 day's ill go for that too
dc302
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia576 Posts
July 12 2011 05:02 GMT
#16
On July 12 2011 13:55 Eleaven wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2011 13:53 nkwd wrote:
you can wait till 7/14, the TW version will be 1150NTD, which is 40 USD.



source?

That's quite a discount :O


I believe it is this

https://www.buysc2.tw/news/news.aspx?n=33
...
Eleaven
Profile Joined September 2010
772 Posts
July 12 2011 05:06 GMT
#17
On July 12 2011 14:02 dc302 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2011 13:55 Eleaven wrote:
On July 12 2011 13:53 nkwd wrote:
you can wait till 7/14, the TW version will be 1150NTD, which is 40 USD.



source?

That's quite a discount :O


I believe it is this

https://www.buysc2.tw/news/news.aspx?n=33


Thanks. Their naming convention for products is bizarre
ggsnipes
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia68 Posts
July 12 2011 05:07 GMT
#18
On July 12 2011 14:02 dc302 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2011 13:55 Eleaven wrote:
On July 12 2011 13:53 nkwd wrote:
you can wait till 7/14, the TW version will be 1150NTD, which is 40 USD.



source?

That's quite a discount :O


I believe it is this

https://www.buysc2.tw/news/news.aspx?n=33

OOOOO can't read but I believe you because it is on the TW bnet website
mash
Brian333
Profile Joined August 2010
657 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-12 05:17:10
July 12 2011 05:09 GMT
#19
Not sure how much I bought my copy for (I think like 1800 NTD which is around $60) but that was back around release.

Pretty sure you can get it cheaper for now.

Also, when I bought the game, I did not need a Taiwan ID#. That was a while ago and they might've added that requirement since but I would find that more than a bit odd.

Lastly, when I bought the game, it was no different from the US version. You pay once for the game, install it regularly, and you're done. No monthly fees, no points or whatever. I believe they have point cards and daily SC2 passes (which seems to me like a consideration for Net Cafes).

I have not logged onto my Taiwan account in a very long time but I guess I could give it a try sometime.

P.S. I guess I should also mention my suggestion that you make a new Bnet account instead of adding the game to your existing Bnet account like I foolishly did.
Wolf
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Korea (South)3290 Posts
July 12 2011 05:12 GMT
#20
It's not a pay-by-the-month thing. I use a Taiwan account pretty regularly.
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/proxywolf
TL+ Member
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 272
ProTech144
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 9060
Dewaltoss 160
Bale 44
Terrorterran 20
Noble 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm230
League of Legends
JimRising 817
Counter-Strike
taco 361
Other Games
summit1g13937
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1340
BasetradeTV172
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream48
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter148
• practicex 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota243
League of Legends
• Lourlo1013
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 4m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
7h 4m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 4m
Replay Cast
19h 4m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 7h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.