• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:13
CEST 16:13
KST 23:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8750 users

HoN Developer: Pirates killed LAN - Page 20

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 48 Next All
Spacedude
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark161 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-23 02:17:31
June 23 2011 02:17 GMT
#381
On June 23 2011 11:14 lorkac wrote:
If the only thing that's wrong with battlenet is lag--then that's the internet connection's fault, not the Blizzard.

If LAN does nothing more than allow you to have what Battlenet Provides, why have LAN?

Which means the only people who would complain about no LAN are the people who are trying to not buy SC2.

The question should not be "Why is there no LAN?"
The question should be "Being that BattleNet provides us what we need, why do we need LAN?"


??? ever heard about servers? Seriously people.
Protoss win, Protoss OP. Terran win, Terran OP. Zerg win, Zerg OP. Less whine, more gg.
Criptos
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada128 Posts
June 23 2011 02:17 GMT
#382
On June 23 2011 07:23 Fruscainte wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2011 07:22 Numy wrote:
On June 23 2011 07:18 AndAgain wrote:
He just said what any intelligent person already understands. Obviously companies have good reasons for not putting LAN.


Yea it's a pity. The problem is most of the prevention for piracy hurts the guys that buy the games too.


ALL forms of DRM and "prevention" (such as excluding LAN) hurt the paying customers more than pirates, this is not even a debate.



Actually it is, because you've provided zero proof.
Yeah, They call me the hiphop-potamus My lyrics are bottomless.
branflakes14
Profile Joined July 2010
2082 Posts
June 23 2011 02:18 GMT
#383
On June 23 2011 11:14 lorkac wrote:

Which means the only people who would complain about no LAN are the people who are trying to not buy SC2.


And the only reason you don't want a CCTV camera in your living room is because you want to commit crimes. What other reason can there be? The camera doesn't stop you doing anything you were normally going to do so you shouldn't have a problem with it.
Spacedude
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark161 Posts
June 23 2011 02:19 GMT
#384
On June 23 2011 11:17 Criptos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2011 07:23 Fruscainte wrote:
On June 23 2011 07:22 Numy wrote:
On June 23 2011 07:18 AndAgain wrote:
He just said what any intelligent person already understands. Obviously companies have good reasons for not putting LAN.


Yea it's a pity. The problem is most of the prevention for piracy hurts the guys that buy the games too.


ALL forms of DRM and "prevention" (such as excluding LAN) hurt the paying customers more than pirates, this is not even a debate.



Actually it is, because you've provided zero proof.


What he said is only logical. That's the proof.
Protoss win, Protoss OP. Terran win, Terran OP. Zerg win, Zerg OP. Less whine, more gg.
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
June 23 2011 02:21 GMT
#385
On June 23 2011 11:17 Criptos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2011 07:23 Fruscainte wrote:
On June 23 2011 07:22 Numy wrote:
On June 23 2011 07:18 AndAgain wrote:
He just said what any intelligent person already understands. Obviously companies have good reasons for not putting LAN.


Yea it's a pity. The problem is most of the prevention for piracy hurts the guys that buy the games too.


ALL forms of DRM and "prevention" (such as excluding LAN) hurt the paying customers more than pirates, this is not even a debate.



Actually it is, because you've provided zero proof.


You don't need to give "proof" for a logical progression of thought.
VGhost
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3621 Posts
June 23 2011 02:23 GMT
#386
I completely understand the reasoning. I have no way of knowing how much money piracy has cost game developers, and the game developers should get the money - they made the game.

On the other hand, would piracy be less rampant if games were more reasonably priced? I'm enough of a fan that I got the special edition of SC2 for the full $100, but in the abstract, for a game I'm not sure is going to be awesome, I wouldn't want to pay more than $30-$40. Maybe I'm out of touch with the market, but to me it seems like video games are kind of over-priced on the whole. Obviously not extremely overpriced as sales are huge, but selling for more than they're "worth".

I wouldn't care that much about LAN if playing over the internet, everything going to the servers, was more reliable. But right now it doesn't, and while that's not exactly Blizzard's "fault" - they have nothing to do with the infrastructure - it's still frustrating (and happens everywhere).
#4427 || I am not going to scan a ferret.
Alsn
Profile Joined February 2008
Sweden995 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-23 02:24:58
June 23 2011 02:23 GMT
#387
On June 23 2011 11:17 Criptos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2011 07:23 Fruscainte wrote:
On June 23 2011 07:22 Numy wrote:
On June 23 2011 07:18 AndAgain wrote:
He just said what any intelligent person already understands. Obviously companies have good reasons for not putting LAN.


Yea it's a pity. The problem is most of the prevention for piracy hurts the guys that buy the games too.


ALL forms of DRM and "prevention" (such as excluding LAN) hurt the paying customers more than pirates, this is not even a debate.



Actually it is, because you've provided zero proof.
Are you kidding me? DRM by definition makes it harder for paying customers to use the product than if there were none. The history of all the different securoms and whatnot where some dvd players were incorrectly flagged as virtual drives and stuff resulting in problems for paying customers as a direct result of DRM. Downloaded songs(legally) not working in all types of mp3 players, etc.

On the other hand, once a game is pirated, pirates often have a superior product in that you don't need a CD in the drive, you don't need to run prohibitive clients(say what you want about steam, but it has its problems). They just download, install, and enjoy. No need to be connected to the internet continously while playing, etc. etc.

Why he would have to actually provide proof of something that is so simple to understand, I have no idea.
Machina improba! Vel mihi ede potum vel mihi redde nummos meos!
PepperoniPiZZa
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Sierra Leone1660 Posts
June 23 2011 02:24 GMT
#388
Funny how you guys keep going on when I've already showed you the perfect unexploitable solution for this whole lag problem. Blizzard needs to implement Dual Screen Play. Every modern machine has 2 video outs and enough USB slots to hook up all the required equipment. All we lack is a software patch by blizzard.
Quote?
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
June 23 2011 02:26 GMT
#389
On June 23 2011 11:17 Divinek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2011 10:54 Ocedic wrote:
On June 23 2011 10:21 Alsn wrote:
Too all you people attacking pirates. Argue with this:

I am deeply disappointed in Blizzard for not having LAN, a lot of enjoyment that I personally could have had has been lost due to the feature missing. I will not buy further products from Blizzard after I stop playing SC2(which, admittedly, will probably be for quite a while still). As a paying customer I am appalled that they would value short term gain(which they have no proof that no-LAN has actually increased anyway) over long term goodwill(me and others being happy customers).

No matter where you stand on the piracy versus no-piracy issue, the fact remains that their product is worse than it would have been with LAN support, thus directly punishing their actual paying customers.

Not to mention the fact that there's no proof whatsoever that adding LAN would actually lower total sales, which is the only thing that counts in the end. Who cares if 5 million instead of 3 million pirate the game if you still have the same amount of sales but higher goodwill for the future of your company?

To sum up, I, as a paying customer, has gotten a product that is worse than it would have been with LAN. I could care fuck all about people pirating the game since I, a paying customer along with all other paying customers, is the one who is ultimately responsible for Blizzard employees being paid, and I am a little less happy than I could have been.


Stop being melodramatic. For you and 99% of all other players, LAN has no effect. LAN would be optimal for tournaments, but Battle.net gets the job done.

All of you people complaining about being a 'paying customer' and suffering because of pirates are rightfully mad, but at the wrong people. You should be mad at pirates for causing this. Or do you go to the airport and bitch and moan about going through airport security because you aren't a terrorist?


have you never played a game on LAN settings compared to online? The difference is ridiculous, besides it also makes it possible to just...you know play with internet required!


LAN separates the boys from men.
latan
Profile Joined July 2010
740 Posts
June 23 2011 02:27 GMT
#390
On June 23 2011 11:24 PepperoniPiZZa wrote:
Funny how you guys keep going on when I've already showed you the perfect unexploitable solution for this whole lag problem. Blizzard needs to implement Dual Screen Play. Every modern machine has 2 video outs and enough USB slots to hook up all the required equipment. All we lack is a software patch by blizzard.



Because your solution only addresses 2 player matches.
branflakes14
Profile Joined July 2010
2082 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-23 02:28:42
June 23 2011 02:28 GMT
#391
On June 23 2011 11:24 PepperoniPiZZa wrote:
Funny how you guys keep going on when I've already showed you the perfect unexploitable solution for this whole lag problem. Blizzard needs to implement Dual Screen Play. Every modern machine has 2 video outs and enough USB slots to hook up all the required equipment. All we lack is a software patch by blizzard.


Sounds exploitable to me.
lorkac
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2297 Posts
June 23 2011 02:28 GMT
#392
On June 23 2011 11:18 branflakes14 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2011 11:14 lorkac wrote:

Which means the only people who would complain about no LAN are the people who are trying to not buy SC2.


And the only reason you don't want a CCTV camera in your living room is because you want to commit crimes. What other reason can there be? The camera doesn't stop you doing anything you were normally going to do so you shouldn't have a problem with it.


I actually would not have a problem with a CCTV camera in my room, personally. And yes, it is because I don't plan on doing anything illegal. And it also is because I don't feel shy about myself and I don't feel as if my life is this big secret I need to protect from the eyes of the world. I'm not some fundamentalist nut job in the midwestern united states.

That's me personally.

The question is, how bad is the crime in the place you're living in that CCTV cameras need to be bought? Do you really want to live in a neighborhood that is so bad that they need CCTV cameras?
By the truth we are undone. Life is a dream. Tis waking that kills us. He who robs us of our dreams robs us of our life --Orlando: A Biography
Alsn
Profile Joined February 2008
Sweden995 Posts
June 23 2011 02:29 GMT
#393
On June 23 2011 11:23 VGhost wrote:I wouldn't care that much about LAN if playing over the internet, everything going to the servers, was more reliable. But right now it doesn't, and while that's not exactly Blizzard's "fault" - they have nothing to do with the infrastructure - it's still frustrating (and happens everywhere).
This is exactly my point. If playing on the internet actually meant you got a perfect experience where you would never ever want to play on LAN instead, that would of course be fine.

But the reality is quite simply not so. LAN is superior in many ways to Bnet 2.0. Sure, I'm the first to defend their matchmaking system, it's quite awesome. Their ladder system too, very good. Map pool? Could be better, but it's only on the ladder so I don't really mind. But not having the option of LAN is quite simply negative, there's no upside for the customer here. Sure, maybe Blizzard has done some amazing research and realised that this game will sell better due to no LAN but that does not mean that they can take away my right to be pissed about it.
Machina improba! Vel mihi ede potum vel mihi redde nummos meos!
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
June 23 2011 02:30 GMT
#394
On June 23 2011 11:28 lorkac wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2011 11:18 branflakes14 wrote:
On June 23 2011 11:14 lorkac wrote:

Which means the only people who would complain about no LAN are the people who are trying to not buy SC2.


And the only reason you don't want a CCTV camera in your living room is because you want to commit crimes. What other reason can there be? The camera doesn't stop you doing anything you were normally going to do so you shouldn't have a problem with it.


I actually would not have a problem with a CCTV camera in my room, personally. And yes, it is because I don't plan on doing anything illegal. And it also is because I don't feel shy about myself and I don't feel as if my life is this big secret I need to protect from the eyes of the world. I'm not some fundamentalist nut job in the midwestern united states.

That's me personally.

The question is, how bad is the crime in the place you're living in that CCTV cameras need to be bought? Do you really want to live in a neighborhood that is so bad that they need CCTV cameras?


...You can't be serious.
branflakes14
Profile Joined July 2010
2082 Posts
June 23 2011 02:30 GMT
#395
On June 23 2011 11:28 lorkac wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2011 11:18 branflakes14 wrote:
On June 23 2011 11:14 lorkac wrote:

Which means the only people who would complain about no LAN are the people who are trying to not buy SC2.


And the only reason you don't want a CCTV camera in your living room is because you want to commit crimes. What other reason can there be? The camera doesn't stop you doing anything you were normally going to do so you shouldn't have a problem with it.


I actually would not have a problem with a CCTV camera in my room, personally. And yes, it is because I don't plan on doing anything illegal. And it also is because I don't feel shy about myself and I don't feel as if my life is this big secret I need to protect from the eyes of the world. I'm not some fundamentalist nut job in the midwestern united states.

That's me personally.

The question is, how bad is the crime in the place you're living in that CCTV cameras need to be bought? Do you really want to live in a neighborhood that is so bad that they need CCTV cameras?


I was only trying to get a point across through analogy. In actively taking tough measures against piracy, publishers are treating customers like potential pirates rather than treating pirates like potential customers.
PepperoniPiZZa
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Sierra Leone1660 Posts
June 23 2011 02:31 GMT
#396
On June 23 2011 11:28 branflakes14 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2011 11:24 PepperoniPiZZa wrote:
Funny how you guys keep going on when I've already showed you the perfect unexploitable solution for this whole lag problem. Blizzard needs to implement Dual Screen Play. Every modern machine has 2 video outs and enough USB slots to hook up all the required equipment. All we lack is a software patch by blizzard.


Sounds exploitable to me.


It's a videosignal generated by a GPU, you can't just reroute it to somewhere without any signficant loss in quality and huge delay.


On June 23 2011 11:27 latan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2011 11:24 PepperoniPiZZa wrote:
Funny how you guys keep going on when I've already showed you the perfect unexploitable solution for this whole lag problem. Blizzard needs to implement Dual Screen Play. Every modern machine has 2 video outs and enough USB slots to hook up all the required equipment. All we lack is a software patch by blizzard.



Because your solution only addresses 2 player matches.



Pick one:
A solution
or
No solution
Quote?
mannerplease
Profile Joined February 2011
10 Posts
June 23 2011 02:32 GMT
#397
On June 23 2011 11:23 VGhost wrote:
I completely understand the reasoning. I have no way of knowing how much money piracy has cost game developers, and the game developers should get the money - they made the game.

On the other hand, would piracy be less rampant if games were more reasonably priced? I'm enough of a fan that I got the special edition of SC2 for the full $100, but in the abstract, for a game I'm not sure is going to be awesome, I wouldn't want to pay more than $30-$40. Maybe I'm out of touch with the market, but to me it seems like video games are kind of over-priced on the whole. Obviously not extremely overpriced as sales are huge, but selling for more than they're "worth".

I wouldn't care that much about LAN if playing over the internet, everything going to the servers, was more reliable. But right now it doesn't, and while that's not exactly Blizzard's "fault" - they have nothing to do with the infrastructure - it's still frustrating (and happens everywhere).


Even though there will always be countless people who claim to "pirate to see if it works", or "pirate and then buy", the vast, vast majority of people will pirate no matter what and because it's free. Thus, factoring pirates into pricing decisions is stupid.

Companies should charge to optimize (number of people willing to pay price) * (price) which I'm sure they've given a LOT of thought to. What it's "worth" really has little to do with it.

Furthermore, it's impossible to tell how much it's really "worth". A lot of times studios have to invest millions into flops and then make it back on the one hit. Do you factor the cost of development of the failed game into the value of the successful game? What about the cost of marketing - maybe it coudl be less, or maybe the more people buying it allows that aforementioned price to be lower because number of people went up.

As far as the piracy argument I think the guy in the reddit thread nailed it. I also think there is a psychological aspect at work where game studios, besides protecting their monetary interests, hate the feeling of being wronged by the pirates. If you put your blood sweat and tears into a product and then someone played it without paying the price you asked for, you would probably want to stop them too regardless of whether it made economic sense.
branflakes14
Profile Joined July 2010
2082 Posts
June 23 2011 02:33 GMT
#398
On June 23 2011 11:31 PepperoniPiZZa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2011 11:28 branflakes14 wrote:
On June 23 2011 11:24 PepperoniPiZZa wrote:
Funny how you guys keep going on when I've already showed you the perfect unexploitable solution for this whole lag problem. Blizzard needs to implement Dual Screen Play. Every modern machine has 2 video outs and enough USB slots to hook up all the required equipment. All we lack is a software patch by blizzard.


Sounds exploitable to me.


It's a videosignal generated by a GPU, you can't just reroute it to somewhere without any signficant loss in quality and huge delay.



Hence the quick attempt at post salvage :D

Though it'd take a mighty computer to run something like that. Although I guess if you're running a big tournament that's the least of your worries.
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-23 02:36:34
June 23 2011 02:34 GMT
#399
On June 23 2011 11:30 branflakes14 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2011 11:28 lorkac wrote:
On June 23 2011 11:18 branflakes14 wrote:
On June 23 2011 11:14 lorkac wrote:

Which means the only people who would complain about no LAN are the people who are trying to not buy SC2.


And the only reason you don't want a CCTV camera in your living room is because you want to commit crimes. What other reason can there be? The camera doesn't stop you doing anything you were normally going to do so you shouldn't have a problem with it.


I actually would not have a problem with a CCTV camera in my room, personally. And yes, it is because I don't plan on doing anything illegal. And it also is because I don't feel shy about myself and I don't feel as if my life is this big secret I need to protect from the eyes of the world. I'm not some fundamentalist nut job in the midwestern united states.

That's me personally.

The question is, how bad is the crime in the place you're living in that CCTV cameras need to be bought? Do you really want to live in a neighborhood that is so bad that they need CCTV cameras?


I was only trying to get a point across through analogy. In actively taking tough measures against piracy, publishers are treating customers like potential pirates rather than treating pirates like potential customers.


And this is the issue. Take a look at this picture:

[image loading]

Relatively recent poll from Bitgamer. Look at those numbers. People are pirating games and THEN SUBSEQUENTLY BUYING THEM.

That's the piracy community, at least 87% of them according to this poll of 12,000 people of the best private tracker in the world. Instead of treating us like criminals who are literally stealing their livelihoods and actually producing quality games and removing DRM would make me, and a majority of others to buy their games. I outright bought Witcher 2 because of the removal of DRM after I played it a bit.

The voice of "I PIRATE EVERYTHING SINCE I DONT PAY FOR EVERYTHING" is a very small part in the community but consequently the loudest -- giving the illusion they are the majority when in fact most of pirates hate their fucking guts if they like the game and don't buy it after. Every major cracker tells you to buy the products if you enjoy them. There are thousands of comments of people saying "SO BUYING THIS" after torrenting them.

These are potential customers that they are driving away as criminals. That's my issue with this crap. They take away something that is basically mandatory in a game like this and then when people flip a shit about it, they blame it on pirates.
branflakes14
Profile Joined July 2010
2082 Posts
June 23 2011 02:36 GMT
#400
On June 23 2011 11:34 Fruscainte wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2011 11:30 branflakes14 wrote:
On June 23 2011 11:28 lorkac wrote:
On June 23 2011 11:18 branflakes14 wrote:
On June 23 2011 11:14 lorkac wrote:

Which means the only people who would complain about no LAN are the people who are trying to not buy SC2.


And the only reason you don't want a CCTV camera in your living room is because you want to commit crimes. What other reason can there be? The camera doesn't stop you doing anything you were normally going to do so you shouldn't have a problem with it.


I actually would not have a problem with a CCTV camera in my room, personally. And yes, it is because I don't plan on doing anything illegal. And it also is because I don't feel shy about myself and I don't feel as if my life is this big secret I need to protect from the eyes of the world. I'm not some fundamentalist nut job in the midwestern united states.

That's me personally.

The question is, how bad is the crime in the place you're living in that CCTV cameras need to be bought? Do you really want to live in a neighborhood that is so bad that they need CCTV cameras?


I was only trying to get a point across through analogy. In actively taking tough measures against piracy, publishers are treating customers like potential pirates rather than treating pirates like potential customers.


And this is the issue. Take a look at this picture:

[image loading]

Relatively recent poll from Bitgamer. Look at those numbers. People are pirating games and THEN SUBSEQUENTLY BUYING THEM.

That's the piracy community, at least 87% of them according to this poll of 12,000 people of the best private tracker in the world. Instead of treating us like criminals who are literally stealing their livelihoods and actually producing quality games and removing DRM would make me, and a majority of others to buy their games. I outright bought Witcher 2 because of the removal of DRM after I played it a bit.

The voice of "I PIRATE EVERYTHING SINCE I DONT PAY FOR EVERYTHING" is a very small part in the community. Every major cracker tells you to buy the products if you enjoy them. There are thousands of comments of people saying "SO BUYING THIS" after torrenting them.

These are potential customers that they are driving away as criminals. That's my issue with this crap. They take away something that is basically mandatory in a game like this and then when people flip a shit about it, they blame it on pirates.


I can vouch for this. I've pirated many games and then bought them because I just thought they were worth buying. Brood War, Diablo 2 (while avoiding a minefield of trojans) and Starcraft 2 included.
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 48 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech122
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5535
Bisu 2940
Jaedong 1015
Soulkey 837
Horang2 591
EffOrt 543
Mini 393
actioN 348
Larva 305
ZerO 231
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 229
Yoon 127
Mind 93
Pusan 87
hero 80
Sea.KH 79
Shinee 71
Sharp 70
Snow 64
Dewaltoss 60
Hyun 60
Barracks 49
Bale 48
sorry 47
ToSsGirL 37
Sacsri 20
scan(afreeca) 17
Trap 17
NaDa 14
Rock 13
zelot 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Noble 9
Terrorterran 9
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc4765
qojqva2275
Dendi1025
Counter-Strike
Fnx 6
Other Games
olofmeister1380
hiko939
B2W.Neo706
Lowko337
crisheroes300
DeMusliM286
XBOCT232
Pyrionflax213
Liquid`VortiX186
Livibee184
Hui .180
QueenE87
Mew2King53
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1254
WardiTV858
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV670
League of Legends
• Jankos2128
• Nemesis2051
• TFBlade706
Other Games
• Shiphtur108
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 48m
Patches Events
1d 1h
The PondCast
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.