• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:22
CEST 23:22
KST 06:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8371 users

GOMTV hiring additional casters for GSL - Page 23

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All
namedplayer
Profile Joined June 2010
844 Posts
June 21 2011 22:34 GMT
#441
On June 22 2011 07:26 TotalBiscuit wrote:
I'd like to go as far as to say that Code A may not actually be the place for "popular" casters. Just as it's a place for players to break into Code S and achieve superstardom, it may also be the place to discover new casting talent. More to the point, popular casters in the US already have a lot of commitments and the Code A salary is not exactly attractive. Big-name casters are pretty much all committed to growing the foreign scene, they can't do that in Korea. There's plenty of talented casters out there that deserve a shot to grow their popularity amongst a more hardcore viewerbase, that don't already have a big fanbase.


how much is it?
You know what I'm talking about
hYrasD
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany164 Posts
June 21 2011 22:40 GMT
#442
would love to see khaldor casting gsl
wolf+khaldor=sick combo!
IMMVP || coLMVPDRG || SlayerSMMA || EG DeMusliM || Hwaiting!
LeonStarcraft
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom173 Posts
June 21 2011 23:05 GMT
#443
On June 22 2011 07:26 TotalBiscuit wrote:
I'd like to go as far as to say that Code A may not actually be the place for "popular" casters. Just as it's a place for players to break into Code S and achieve superstardom, it may also be the place to discover new casting talent. More to the point, popular casters in the US already have a lot of commitments and the Code A salary is not exactly attractive. Big-name casters are pretty much all committed to growing the foreign scene, they can't do that in Korea. There's plenty of talented casters out there that deserve a shot to grow their popularity amongst a more hardcore viewerbase, that don't already have a big fanbase.


Heres hoping!
dogmeatstew
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada574 Posts
June 21 2011 23:13 GMT
#444
I've decided I really like solo wolf so I'm going with clone the guy, it'll kinda be just like solo wolf but with fewer breaks for breathing.
Kevan
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden2303 Posts
June 21 2011 23:13 GMT
#445
Since djWheat and Day9 obviously are unable to do it I'd like to see Apollo or Chill. Those are some of the best casters imo.
SC2, rip in pepperinos
GamanNo
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden63 Posts
June 22 2011 00:15 GMT
#446
On June 22 2011 05:08 minimalistic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2011 04:52 GamanNo wrote:
Please gomtv don't pick someone who doesn't speak proper english. I don't care how good they are or how much they know about the game, a foreign accent just irritates me.



You should never ever leave your country and try to communicate with foreign people in a common language (english, german)


When a caster has a foreign accent I have to concentrate a lot more which makes me relieved when americans or englishmen etc. talk.
When I speak with someone else irl it's not irritating because I know that's the only way we'll understand each other. I still prefer to listen to someone who speaks perfect english though.
Exactable
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia263 Posts
June 22 2011 00:20 GMT
#447
Wolf is already amazing. You need a caster that can supplement him, not interrupt him every two seconds. I think a lot of the casters people are mentioning wouldn't really fit this criteria, simply because they amazing solo casters in their own right.
MotherOfRunes
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany2862 Posts
June 22 2011 00:21 GMT
#448
maaaan....why has diggity to cast nasl....i want him for code a...imagine wolf and diggity OMG
that would be epic
"Your Razor sucks!" -Kuroky's Dad
Mairu
Profile Joined August 2010
United States222 Posts
June 22 2011 00:28 GMT
#449
Khaldor+Wolf would be a pretty awesome team. I hope you get it, Khaldor!
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
June 22 2011 00:32 GMT
#450
On June 22 2011 09:21 gwaihir wrote:
maaaan....why has diggity to cast nasl....i want him for code a...imagine wolf and diggity OMG
that would be epic

Well Diggity has a full time job so I doubt he will ever cast GSL and NASL is relatively close to where he lives.
www.superbeerbrothers.com
Dagobert
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Netherlands1858 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-22 00:42:49
June 22 2011 00:40 GMT
#451
On June 22 2011 09:15 GamanNo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2011 05:08 minimalistic wrote:
On June 22 2011 04:52 GamanNo wrote:
Please gomtv don't pick someone who doesn't speak proper english. I don't care how good they are or how much they know about the game, a foreign accent just irritates me.



You should never ever leave your country and try to communicate with foreign people in a common language (english, german)


When a caster has a foreign accent I have to concentrate a lot more which makes me relieved when americans or englishmen etc. talk.
When I speak with someone else irl it's not irritating because I know that's the only way we'll understand each other. I still prefer to listen to someone who speaks perfect english though.

Do you actually listen to the casters? Many American casters speak English that is far from perfect. Confusing tenses, split infinitives, wrong usage of foreign words, horrible grammar; the list is long.
GamanNo
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden63 Posts
June 22 2011 01:25 GMT
#452
On June 22 2011 09:40 Dagobert wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2011 09:15 GamanNo wrote:
On June 22 2011 05:08 minimalistic wrote:
On June 22 2011 04:52 GamanNo wrote:
Please gomtv don't pick someone who doesn't speak proper english. I don't care how good they are or how much they know about the game, a foreign accent just irritates me.



You should never ever leave your country and try to communicate with foreign people in a common language (english, german)


When a caster has a foreign accent I have to concentrate a lot more which makes me relieved when americans or englishmen etc. talk.
When I speak with someone else irl it's not irritating because I know that's the only way we'll understand each other. I still prefer to listen to someone who speaks perfect english though.

Do you actually listen to the casters? Many American casters speak English that is far from perfect. Confusing tenses, split infinitives, wrong usage of foreign words, horrible grammar; the list is long.

Ok PERFECT english maybe isn't the right thing to say. But as long as there's no signs of them struggling with it... Come on you know what I mean.
Jamo
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom13 Posts
June 22 2011 02:02 GMT
#453
Why not much love for Trump. GOGO Trump, would love to see you do the GSL.
Stoke City FC.
Stamper
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany148 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-22 03:11:59
June 22 2011 03:10 GMT
#454
On June 22 2011 10:25 GamanNo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2011 09:40 Dagobert wrote:
On June 22 2011 09:15 GamanNo wrote:
On June 22 2011 05:08 minimalistic wrote:
On June 22 2011 04:52 GamanNo wrote:
Please gomtv don't pick someone who doesn't speak proper english. I don't care how good they are or how much they know about the game, a foreign accent just irritates me.



You should never ever leave your country and try to communicate with foreign people in a common language (english, german)


When a caster has a foreign accent I have to concentrate a lot more which makes me relieved when americans or englishmen etc. talk.
When I speak with someone else irl it's not irritating because I know that's the only way we'll understand each other. I still prefer to listen to someone who speaks perfect english though.

Do you actually listen to the casters? Many American casters speak English that is far from perfect. Confusing tenses, split infinitives, wrong usage of foreign words, horrible grammar; the list is long.

Ok PERFECT english maybe isn't the right thing to say. But as long as there's no signs of them struggling with it... Come on you know what I mean.


Personally I think an accent is perfectly fine as long as it's not painful. I'd say Kelly is right at the "border". I found her casts still okay, but one step worse / more difficult to understand would probably be too much. More important to me though is what is said and the volume difference. I find it so annoying when somebody is yelling the whole time. Or constantly switching between normal yelling and whispering. Or if the game is practically over for 5 minutes, one player has 2 more bases and double supply and still many casters keep yelling till the loser writes a GG. A resumee of the whole game and a short preview to the next one would be so much more appropriate. (Imagine in soccer it's 4:0 in the 80th minute and the commentator would still go crazy about every pass that reached its destination)
kmkg
Profile Joined August 2010
Japan186 Posts
June 22 2011 03:13 GMT
#455
Khaldor's had massive support on this thread and on the reddit post. Besides individual casting abilities/game knowledge/popularity, the chemistry between casters is also a determining factor for me.
Soap
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Brazil1546 Posts
June 22 2011 03:29 GMT
#456
Trump may be chill and Khaldor may have a strong accent, but I'd be delighted with either.

But GOM should select pairs of casters, would guarantee there's chemistry and avoids them competing with each other for airtime.

Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
June 22 2011 03:38 GMT
#457
Diggity has a wife and a job, doubt he'd do it

Chill is vehemently against working in esports full time. He doesn't seem like the type who would ever be interested in Code A casting, plus all he casts are TL-related stuff.
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
Kommander
Profile Joined March 2011
Philippines4950 Posts
June 22 2011 03:48 GMT
#458
Wolf + Khaldor = Wolfdor?
Hierarch
Profile Joined February 2011
United States2197 Posts
June 22 2011 03:56 GMT
#459
Diggity or Khaldor would be my personal choices, Khaldor especially, I enjoyed his casting of Copenhagen games
MC|NonY|HerO|NaDa|MVP|DRG|Ret|Sen|Dimaga|Leenock
wzzit
Profile Joined February 2011
United States201 Posts
June 22 2011 03:57 GMT
#460
Where does it say that Trump applied for this job? I've looked through the entire thread, and I can't find his post. Did he announce it on his stream?
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 253
Nina 117
SteadfastSC 101
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2378
910 60
Bale 13
Super Smash Bros
PPMD52
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1237
Other Games
summit1g6901
Grubby2332
shahzam620
C9.Mang0192
UpATreeSC58
Liquid`Ken3
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 71
• Hupsaiya 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 32
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21189
Other Games
• imaqtpie880
• Shiphtur295
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 38m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 38m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
13h 38m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.