• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:17
CEST 03:17
KST 10:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8382 users

MLG Columbus Three hopes to win and three to fail - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21 22 Next All
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
June 01 2011 20:09 GMT
#61
I hope the players who play excellently win and the players who play poorly to lose. That is all.
Ruscour
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
5233 Posts
June 01 2011 20:09 GMT
#62
Is ThorZaIN going? I think I heard somewhere that he was, might be spewing shit though. If so, I hope he loses and hard. I'm sick of idiots saying he's the best in the world after one tournament T_T

Also Destiny to lose
Benjef
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United Kingdom6921 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-01 20:11:23
June 01 2011 20:09 GMT
#63
On June 02 2011 05:06 Denizen[9] wrote:
to win
Idra
Idra
Idra

to lose
Masq
Silver
Drewbie

Silver stopped playing?

And I would love to see Idra fail and all the other zergs do really well. I don't have anything against him, but it would be sooooo funny for everyone else afterwards :D.
<3 | Dota 2 | DayZ | <3
Spicy Pepper
Profile Joined December 2009
United States632 Posts
June 01 2011 20:10 GMT
#64
Koreans are going to suffer from major jet lag without time to adapt, so I wouldn't expect dominance by them.

win:
idra
naniwa
select
bomber

lose:
famous guys who actually suck (ie. players that mouth breathers are rooting for)
Ryka
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom254 Posts
June 01 2011 20:10 GMT
#65
Hope to win: Kiwikaki, Demuslim, HuK

Hope to lose: Idra, Losira, Incontrol

Really cheering for my countrymen and booing everyone else! (Half canadian, half british)
Mercadia
Profile Joined December 2010
United States257 Posts
June 01 2011 20:10 GMT
#66
For winning I'd like the top 3 terrans of all time: Demuslim, Demuslim, Demuslim.
Denizen[9]
Profile Joined July 2010
United States649 Posts
June 01 2011 20:10 GMT
#67
On June 02 2011 05:09 Benjef wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 02 2011 05:06 Denizen[9] wrote:
to win
Idra
Idra
Idra

to lose
Masq
Silver
Drewbie

Silver stopped playing?


my bad i ment cauthon luck
Jaedong, Baby | Idra, Marineking, Tester, Nada
stickyhands
Profile Joined May 2011
187 Posts
June 01 2011 20:10 GMT
#68
achieve a good result: moon / bomber
to fail: I hate no one
| (• ◡•)|╯ ╰(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
gotyilk
Profile Joined April 2011
United States34 Posts
June 01 2011 20:10 GMT
#69
On June 02 2011 05:09 Ruscour wrote:
Is ThorZaIN going? I think I heard somewhere that he was, might be spewing shit though. If so, I hope he loses and hard. I'm sick of idiots saying he's the best in the world after one tournament T_T

Also Destiny to lose


yes he's going. There is a full list announced on this forum with MLG tag.
Benjef
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United Kingdom6921 Posts
June 01 2011 20:11 GMT
#70
On June 02 2011 05:10 Denizen[9] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 02 2011 05:09 Benjef wrote:
On June 02 2011 05:06 Denizen[9] wrote:
to win
Idra
Idra
Idra

to lose
Masq
Silver
Drewbie

Silver stopped playing?


my bad i ment cauthon luck

Now your just trollin.
<3 | Dota 2 | DayZ | <3
xbankx
Profile Joined July 2010
703 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-01 20:13:13
June 01 2011 20:12 GMT
#71
Win:
any toss/terran except major
any zerg that doesn't whine

lose: major
all zerg that whine
laharl23
Profile Joined February 2011
United States582 Posts
June 01 2011 20:12 GMT
#72
To win- kiwikaki, tyler, demuslim
scrub96
Profile Joined August 2010
United States76 Posts
June 01 2011 20:12 GMT
#73
To Win:
  • Me - Im not going to win the whole thing but id at least like to take a game or 2 off someone
  • Select - He comes so close. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • LzGamer - Enjoy his stream and would like to see him do well


To Lose:
  • The bottom of the top 16. MLG is a bit ridiculous about protecting them. Time for fresh blood.
  • The Koreans. Nothing against them (they are ridiculously talented) Id just like to see the NA/EU players hold their own
  • Idra

scarymeerkat
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada107 Posts
June 01 2011 20:13 GMT
#74
To win: Destiny. I don't get the rationale behind not wanting him to do well. He is not a cheesy player so if he makes it far it will be with skillful plays, imo. He may not be the best, but he has the potential to do it i think, maybe not consistently though. I see no reason to cheer against "merely good" players unless you dont like their personalities for whatever reason.

IdrA: I like IdrA well enough, but I mostly pick him because I think if he wins it will have been caused by ridiculously good play. Hopefully not in the cheesy direction we've seen him leaning a couple games.

Tyler: Pretty much what everyone says. I just really want to see him win something.

To Lose: I don't really like picking people to lose, but I definitely want to see Major lose. I just don't really like him. The Koreans I would like to see do well (top 4/8) but I just don't want a Korean to win the whole thing.
"From... BootySmackarack" - Artosis reading GOM interview questions
Nexic
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States729 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-01 20:18:10
June 01 2011 20:14 GMT
#75
I can't identify with wanting someone to fail, maybe its just me.

Perhaps there's players I don't find particularly impressive but I still wouldn't "want" them to fail, more power to them if they succeed.

I have to assume wanting a player to fail is related to disliking them personally, but if you actually want them to fail because of this, I find that pretty immature/silly.
zocktol
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany1928 Posts
June 01 2011 20:14 GMT
#76
To win - The viewer, MLG and ESPORTS
What i mean by that is that in this MLG everything for the viewer should be an awesome experience. Great Games, great commentary and great stories, hopefully without lag in any game.

to loose - Noone
Why should i want anyone to do badly?
oDieN[Siege]
Profile Joined November 2009
United States2905 Posts
June 01 2011 20:14 GMT
#77
To win: IdrA, KiWiKaKi, SeleCT..
To lose: Thorzain, Naniwa, either Moon / Bomber.
말크 : ^_^~ NeO)GabuAt, vGODieN
Sight-
Profile Joined January 2011
184 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-01 20:15:51
June 01 2011 20:15 GMT
#78
I never wish for anyone to lose. Well...FBH after his dancing antics...but otherwise...

To Win:

All of Team Liquid. They really need some wins right now. I think they do things the right way, and hope to see them succeed. In particular I want Tyler to do well. I can see why some people don't like him (he's not always super manner, sometimes whines) but I've been a fan since BW (only top American protoss) and I think he's a good person overall.

I always root for Idra, and I can't explain why. I think it's just ingrained in me since he was the great white hope and I couldn't NOT root for him during BW. Now I think I root for him because he's american and one of our few truly top players. So I want him to win though I don't know why.

I also would like for Cruncher to do well and show people he's not just a cheeseball. I don't root for him as I root for the TL, Idra, and Nony, but he's American, a toss, and I'm not sure why people think he's BM.

As for who I want to lose...like I said I don't want anyone to lose, but I wouldn't mind seeing Nani get knocked down a few pegs. But he's a great player and if he wins good for him.

I don't know the whole field though. Honestly, most of these people are nice, and have the right intentions.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Incontrol get taken down (despite him being an American protoss). but again, great guy, great player wouldn't mind seeing him roflstomp.

IMBAkorean
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada835 Posts
June 01 2011 20:16 GMT
#79
to win: Bomber, Tyler, SeleCT
to lose: Moon, MajOr, Gretorp
RATDOTO
ZAiNs
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom6525 Posts
June 01 2011 20:18 GMT
#80
Win:
- Bomber. I feel bad for him running into NesTea so early.
- Naniwa. Gotta stick up for Protoss bros.
- Tyler. Needs his confidence back .
- People who have to make it through the open bracket because of the stupid seeding system.

Lose:
- Idra. I dislike his constant whining, and him losing always results in something funny.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft512
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta15
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft512
WinterStarcraft282
RuFF_SC2 67
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 851
White-Ra 151
Noble 71
NaDa 63
Hyuk 51
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm154
LuMiX1
League of Legends
Doublelift5107
Counter-Strike
taco 370
minikerr21
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox574
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor704
Other Games
summit1g7867
Coldzera 853
C9.Mang0345
ViBE59
Mew2King56
ArmadaUGS48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick730
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream95
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 92
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21405
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
8h 44m
Online Event
9h 44m
FEL
14h 44m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 44m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 44m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.