• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:30
CEST 09:30
KST 16:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10645 users

MLG Columbus Three hopes to win and three to fail - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 20 21 22 Next All
Yamulo
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2096 Posts
June 01 2011 19:47 GMT
#21
On June 02 2011 04:35 Drazzyo wrote:
to win: Mr.bitter idrA and catZ(in that order mr.bitter being first place)
to fail: Cruncher any terran and any toss besides cruncher

What? To fail: Cruncher.... and any toss besides cruncher... don't you find this really contradicting. But me personally i hope the liquid guys do well and i can't really say i want anyone to fail.
~~~Liquid Fighting (SC2)~~~
HomicidaL
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States283 Posts
June 01 2011 19:47 GMT
#22
On June 02 2011 04:40 AgentSmith wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 02 2011 04:35 apm66 wrote:
"everyone will just say " well MC, Nestea, MVP, and MKP weren't there so its not like you beat the best""

I beg to differ! Did you even watch TSL3?

Thorzain 2-0 Fruitdealer
Adelscott 2-0 MVP
Thorzain 3-0 MC

Have you heard of a factor called latency?
at Copenhagen games LAN MC 4-0ed Kas



Thorzain beat MC when he was in Europe for Dreamhack I believe, tired of people blaming lag for koreons losing.
Alokiya
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States648 Posts
June 01 2011 19:48 GMT
#23
To do well:
Demuslim: I'm a sucker for comeback stories, plus he's always been a solid terran.
MMA: The guy seems incapable of playing a boring series, hopefully he can keep that up.
The CSN winner: One of my favorite koreans, cannot wait to see him play again.

To do poorly:
Destiny: He just rubs me the wrong way, plus I feel he is rather overrated
Moon: There were plenty of koreans I think deserved the spot more than moon, especially since he isn't even in code a, but he is a big name that could draw people, so it makes sense to send him, I just don't care for it.
Drewbie: He BMs alot of his opponents, and it's not even that funny like some players. Plus he retired painuser
C'mon my guppies, swim up my stream! - Day[9]
Egyptian_Head
Profile Joined October 2010
South Africa508 Posts
June 01 2011 19:48 GMT
#24
To Win

Tyler, TLO, Drewbie

To Lose

Cruncher, Naniwa, Losira
neo_sporin
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States516 Posts
June 01 2011 19:48 GMT
#25
On June 02 2011 04:38 p4NDemik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 02 2011 04:33 Serpico wrote:
On June 02 2011 04:31 neo_sporin wrote:
I wanted to hear some responses to who people HOPE to win and who you HOPE to fail at Columbus this weekend. Note--There is a difference between expecting and hoping. We expect the koreans to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but I don't know that many of us are hoping that happens.

Also note: To win doesn't necessarily mean the entire thing. Making it to the championship bracket is a win in most players books

For me:
To win!
Destiny--Before Dallas on SOTG the pillars basically said hes good but not great and won't do well, he doesn't take practice very seriouslt, etc. Well he has now qualified for IPL2 (something Tyler failed to do) and I hope this gives him some confidence to tear up the open bracket. Hopefully this time he doesn't let any spires die from being off of creep...

Tyler--This guy needs a win. Rumors of him quitting (which he denied on SOTG), and I dont want him to. Mostly because it would be bad for esports if he did, but either way. I want him to do well enough to reinvigorate his play and stop himself from feeling like he isn't performing to his own standards

Catz-- I split him away from destiny to make it look like im not Root or zerg biased...but I am. He took a game off MC which means he can at least make a good showing against the best in the world and hes generally just a nice and funny guy.

To fail!
Gretorp--Dear god, the guy has the 16th seed for Dallas because 2 people decide not so show and then he goes something like 2-5 (by all means correct me, but I'm pretty confident it was a very losing record) and gets 16th seed again. Someone please just knock him out of the pool play already. I don't mind him as a person so much, but just based on results and continued "success" in MLG it makes me sad that the system works in a way where someone can have pretty bad results, but still get seeded.

Major--Anyone who thinks they deserve to get paid based on non-existent results deserves to get a swift kick in the teeth. Couple that with the rumored/theorized hacking and consistent team jumping...While I would never hope bad things on Artosis, I want his first recruitment to end in a very early exit from Columbus.

1-2 Koreans--Everyone knows they are extremely good but I wouldn't mind watching a few of them get destroyed if for nothing more than to give a bit more confidence to the west. Even after the WC Team portion almost every western tournament is still a tournament without koreans, and therefore tier 2. Heres to hoping a few are put in their place this weekend. The only problem I see with this is if they do get destroyed everyone will just say " well MC, Nestea, MVP, and MKP weren't there so its not like you beat the best" but at least players like bomber, MMA, losira are considered among the top and can't forget the super secret unannounced but still known + Show Spoiler +
July
who is sure to tear apart the open bracket.

You don't find and grow new talent by not paying and accommodating it. Big time sports pay rookies very well if they have a lot of potential. If you see the same in a player SC 2 should be no different. Don't blame him for wanting some kind of financial support.

That's fine Serpio but I believe the problem neo_sporin has with Gosi[Terran] isn't with him getting/wanting more sponsorship money but the way he publicly attacked former teams because he felt he deserved more after understanding terms full well just weeks before.


You explained it a bit better than I did, thanks!
He joined a team knowing (at least I would hope) what RooT was prepared to offer him, and a week later decided that wasn't good enough. Additionally with your point Serpio, I by all means agree about finding rookie talent and cultivating it. To my knowledge Destiny isn't making the big bucks from RooT as he is a newer player who doesn't play in team matches. His results are also about as strong as major's in that he doesn't really have any, but isn't throwing a fit about not getting the respect or pay he deserves.

On June 02 2011 04:37 dcemuser wrote:
Having a hope to fail section is just asking for trouble.

What is the point in a thread like that? If I say I hope Destiny, Idra, and Bomber don't win a single game, the thread will turn to shit in a matter of seconds.

While I somewhat agree...I always hope for the best in people which is a silly thing to do on the internet I know. Also...even if the thread/OP were 3 hopes to win, theres still a high chance of it turning into a flame war anyways so why bother attempting to avoid it.
GreEny K
Profile Joined February 2008
Germany7312 Posts
June 01 2011 19:49 GMT
#26
On June 02 2011 04:43 hunts wrote:
to win:
bomber
What is there to say? bomber is an absolutely amazing terran. Won GSL code A over MVP, plays very well

MMA
amazing terran, I guess called "the legend killer" He has very solid play and I don't see many foreigners being able to compete with him.

Idra
Absolutely amazing player, 2nd best zerg in the world in my opinion (first being nestea) He's been playing so well latley, I really don't see many of the MLG players being able to beat him.

to lose:
destiny. He is a player with very much hype about him from his fans and teamamtes, but really has he shown any results? I'm very certain he won't even make it half way thru the open bracket.


I agree with you on the loss, as well as incontrol. I feel the two of them are in the same boat, both have a large following of fans based on their personality rather than their skill levels.
Why would you ever choose failure, when success is an option.
monx
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada1400 Posts
June 01 2011 19:49 GMT
#27
Top 3 Want to Perform well :
1) Tyler - I want him to be confident once again and proves to himself he can still beat anyone
2) Iefnaij - I was there when JF won WCG Canada 2010 last year and can't wait to see how he will perform for his first MLG
3) Attero - First MLG for him also. I know him a bit and he's a great dude and great potential. He's been under the radar but is showing great results on ladder. Dunno how he will perform in a tournament tough.

Other honorable mentions : ThorZain, DeMuslim

Top 3 Want to Fail :

1) Idra - For the lulz
2) Gretorp - Never been a fan he like OP said, he doenst deserve his top 16 spot
3) Moon - Only Korean i can't stand him for some reason. Probably cause i was always a Grubby's fan back in the WC3 days.
@ggmonx
CeriseCherries
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
6170 Posts
June 01 2011 19:49 GMT
#28
-.- What I'd want more than anything is for every match to end up as a tie, just for shts and giggles.

3 wins:
IdrA
MMA
Naniwa
(there 1 of each race)
2 loses:
Bomber, just because he'd be scary for my 3 wins
Cruncher, i mean if I put idra, i can't not put cruncher
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
gotyilk
Profile Joined April 2011
United States34 Posts
June 01 2011 19:50 GMT
#29
On June 02 2011 04:37 dcemuser wrote:
Having a hope to fail section is just asking for trouble.

What is the point in a thread like that? If I say I hope Destiny, Idra, and Bomber don't win a single game, the thread will turn to shit in a matter of seconds.


I completely agree with this statement. It's pointless to player hate.


For those who I want to see some success-

Thorzain: he's great, but I'm really curious if he can make it as expected as it's still a really rough road especially if he gets a terrible draw in the open bracket (multiple pros). Also how well can he really prepare for all matchups/players (unlike TSL3). It is not going to be as easy as Huk/Naniwa had it in Dallas for the open bracket.

Sheth: Really want to see a very respectable rank by the end of MLG like top 5. He's in my mind already capable as top 10. Hopefully he's been practicing a lot. He has the most promise in the NA scene who hasn't already succeeded.

Anyone from TL - I want to see a top 5 finish from anyone in this team given the difficult field this time around. It seems like Ret has the best chance given recent history, but anyone will do - they need a significant win.
AxelTVx
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada916 Posts
June 01 2011 19:50 GMT
#30
Honestly, I suggest this thread be closed. This is basically a long winded explanation on who's good, who's bad. Simple as that. I love the support for teams, but making a thread and also completely bashing on players? To me, seriously that's not thread worthy. All this is going to do is going to cause flame wars.
Axel 145 Masters Protoss
0neder
Profile Joined July 2009
United States3733 Posts
June 01 2011 19:51 GMT
#31
I want Koreans to sweep to light a fire under lazy foreigners so hopefully more will move to Korea.
Fadetowhite
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)302 Posts
June 01 2011 19:51 GMT
#32
Top 3 to perform well:
NONY
NONY
NONY

Top 3 to fail:
TYLER
TYLER
TYLER

please change your name to fit your mousepad
메신저
JJH777
Profile Joined January 2011
United States4420 Posts
June 01 2011 19:51 GMT
#33
On June 02 2011 04:47 HomicidaL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 02 2011 04:40 AgentSmith wrote:
On June 02 2011 04:35 apm66 wrote:
"everyone will just say " well MC, Nestea, MVP, and MKP weren't there so its not like you beat the best""

I beg to differ! Did you even watch TSL3?

Thorzain 2-0 Fruitdealer
Adelscott 2-0 MVP
Thorzain 3-0 MC

Have you heard of a factor called latency?
at Copenhagen games LAN MC 4-0ed Kas



Thorzain beat MC when he was in Europe for Dreamhack I believe, tired of people blaming lag for koreons losing.


It's true though. Nestea has said he isn't even going to play in anymore online tourneys. Mvp and Nestea 100% only lost in TSL3 cause of lag.
StarCraft64
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States354 Posts
June 01 2011 19:52 GMT
#34
Win:
Tyler
Thorzain
Naniwa

Lose:
Cruncher
Moon
Drewbie
Elaborate euphemisms may conceal your intent to kill, but behind any use of power over another the ultimate assumption remains: "I feed on your energy."
smallerk
Profile Joined October 2010
897 Posts
June 01 2011 19:53 GMT
#35
On June 02 2011 04:46 PhiliBiRD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 02 2011 04:43 Benjef wrote:
This thread will just produce flame wars as people protect there favourites and trash on people they don't like.


yea i agree!
why would you say who you want to faiL? thats just immature imo.

i hope demuslim wins.


If bitbybit.prime was attending this tournament i would like him to fail, thats not immature.
Never Regret anything because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
June 01 2011 19:54 GMT
#36
I don't really wish anyone failure. I would like to see MMA and Demuslim do well though.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
gotyilk
Profile Joined April 2011
United States34 Posts
June 01 2011 19:54 GMT
#37
On June 02 2011 04:51 JJH777 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 02 2011 04:47 HomicidaL wrote:
On June 02 2011 04:40 AgentSmith wrote:
On June 02 2011 04:35 apm66 wrote:
"everyone will just say " well MC, Nestea, MVP, and MKP weren't there so its not like you beat the best""

I beg to differ! Did you even watch TSL3?

Thorzain 2-0 Fruitdealer
Adelscott 2-0 MVP
Thorzain 3-0 MC

Have you heard of a factor called latency?
at Copenhagen games LAN MC 4-0ed Kas



Thorzain beat MC when he was in Europe for Dreamhack I believe, tired of people blaming lag for koreons losing.


It's true though. Nestea has said he isn't even going to play in anymore online tourneys. Mvp and Nestea 100% only lost in TSL3 cause of lag.


Hm, didn't Nestea play in the Star Wars Tournament? That was online... I guess you mean online tournaments on NA and EU.
Special Endrey
Profile Joined June 2010
Germany1929 Posts
June 01 2011 19:55 GMT
#38
so you basicly saying who you like as a person and who not - interesting opinion
This signature is ruining eSports - -Twitter: @SpecialEndrey
GreEny K
Profile Joined February 2008
Germany7312 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-01 19:55:51
June 01 2011 19:55 GMT
#39
On June 02 2011 04:48 Alokiya wrote:
To do well:
Demuslim: I'm a sucker for comeback stories, plus he's always been a solid terran.
MMA: The guy seems incapable of playing a boring series, hopefully he can keep that up.
The CSN winner: One of my favorite koreans, cannot wait to see him play again.

To do poorly:
Destiny: He just rubs me the wrong way, plus I feel he is rather overrated
Moon: There were plenty of koreans I think deserved the spot more than moon, especially since he isn't even in code a, but he is a big name that could draw people, so it makes sense to send him, I just don't care for it.
Drewbie: He BMs alot of his opponents, and it's not even that funny like some players. Plus he retired painuser


What do you mean "he retired him"?
Why would you ever choose failure, when success is an option.
hookyelyak
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Egypt184 Posts
June 01 2011 19:56 GMT
#40
win..naniwa.huk.kiwikaki
lose...idra .qxc.select
life.parting.mkp.hero.rain.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 20 21 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 909
ggaemo 436
Stork 311
Leta 219
Larva 145
PianO 103
Hyuk 27
ZergMaN 26
Bale 19
yabsab 19
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm179
League of Legends
JimRising 432
Reynor93
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King165
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor783
Other Games
summit1g10364
C9.Mang0256
Sick173
PiGStarcraft138
ArmadaUGS52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick611
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream154
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2293
League of Legends
• Lourlo1296
• Stunt542
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
2h 30m
Online Event
3h 30m
FEL
8h 30m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 30m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 30m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
INu's Battles
1d 4h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.