• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:30
CEST 09:30
KST 16:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10645 users

MLG Columbus Three hopes to win and three to fail - Page 21

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 Next All
Sein
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1811 Posts
June 03 2011 18:34 GMT
#401
On June 04 2011 03:11 Konsume wrote:
Hope to win:

- ROOT.Slush, cause he's a friend IRL and cause he's one of the best agressive zerg right now. He's verry skilled and I wish him luck. Also the 5000$ would help him to chance his computer so he could get better stream quality and get more viewers!

- ROOT. KiWiKaKi, simply cause the guy when to each finals and (I think) never one once. So he definatly deserve it

EG. Idra, cause I want to copy him the best I can... so the longer he plays the better I will get ! HAHA

EG. Machine, cause I've met him not too long ago and he's a really nice guy! He's always taking time to answer my questions and I hope he gets what he deserve


Hope to fail:

- E v e r y s i n g l e K o r e a n ! ! !, cause I'm sick of the old stereotype that says Korean > All, TBH I'm watching many Korean streams and it always seems like NA and EU are wayyyy better at the game right now. Koreans are just cheese masters.... and as soon as they get into a macro game... I find them to be wayyy behind any EU or NA player.


But... good luck to all progamers and new blood that gets a shot at MLG


NA and EU players are "wayyyy better" and that the Koreans are just "cheese masters" who are "wayyy behind"... is this a troll attempt?


svi
Profile Joined October 2010
405 Posts
June 03 2011 18:35 GMT
#402
Predictions:

Win: some of the foreigners like idra, naniwa, thorzain will do very well. same for the koreans.

Lose: i have a feeling that all of the americans (besides idra) are gonna get completely stomped.
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
June 03 2011 18:40 GMT
#403
I would absolutely love to see the koreans get beat.

I also would love to see all the liquid guys do well of course. And Naniwa. And it'd be cool to see Destiny do well too.
NoMicroWin
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States688 Posts
June 03 2011 18:42 GMT
#404
successful hope: MC, Cruncher, White-Ra
failure hope: Zergs, all Zergs.
If she pulls out her stalkers, you pull out your mauraders and concussive all over her tits
bennyaus
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia1833 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-03 18:54:43
June 03 2011 18:49 GMT
#405
I don't really get why we didn't do it in this manner....

To advance~
Group A : 1. Naniwa, 2. Open bracket hero, 3. Moon, 4. Drewbie, 5. Slush, 6. Gretorp
Group B : 1. Moonan, 2. MMA, 3. Sheth, 4. Kiwikaki, 5. Open Bracket player, 6. Sjow
Group C : 1. MC, 2. Ret, 3. IdrA, 4. SeleCT, 5. Open Bracket player, 6. Tyler
Group D : 1. Losira, 2. TLO, 3. Open Bracket player, 4. Haypro, 5. Incontrol, 6. Machine

Who will top 4 the open bracket, assuming they don't eliminate each other?
- MorroW, DeMuslim, dde and Optikzero

My dark horse for the whole thing? I think that it could be Ret's time to shine.
Upsets? Who will fail despite being highly rated for this? I think that Thorzain and MMA will not prosper under these conditions, and both will not really make an impact on this tournament.

I think the groups are absolutely ridiculous by the way. I think every player in Group C besides maybe Tyler could expect to get top 2 in Group A or D. Group C is just ridiculous and is a little unfair on SeleCT who deserves to do well more than anyway (except Kiwikaki ? haha)
I play Random - HuK, DRG + Liquid fan
demystify
Profile Joined April 2011
United States3 Posts
June 03 2011 18:49 GMT
#406
Win:

FxoTgun: I think he is a cool guy (quite a bit of bias here). He has helped me a lot with my game and I hope he does well. He is obviously a huge underdog but we'll see.

EG.Idra: Goes without much more said... best foreign zerg imo.

Diginitas Naniwa: I'm a protoss and he is a guy I really enjoy learning from, stealing builds, watching ect... Plus 2 in a row would be pretty cool to view.

Lose:

The Koreans: Nothing against them and I'm a huge MC fan but it would be pretty cool to see them all shutdown. Perhaps "Koreans are better than foreigners" would start to fade in the future.
Karakaxe
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden585 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-03 18:55:30
June 03 2011 18:54 GMT
#407
Obviously the 5 swedish players all drank swedish water before they went to MLG, so they should take 1,2,3,4 and 5.
Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight.
robin19999
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands246 Posts
June 03 2011 19:13 GMT
#408
To win: MMA, I want him to win because i really like to see him play and if he wins he'll get code S.
Ret: well i have to be biased for Ret as he's also from the Netherlands
Gretorp: I know a lot of people believe he doesn't deserve his seat, I hope he pulls a san and goes from zero to hero and shows everyone he deserves his seat. I have to be realistic and i don't see this happen though.

To lose: Cruncher, I would like to see him lose because all the games i have seen of him he did some kind of cheese or all in.
Besides him there nobody i would really like to fail
GeneralSnoop
Profile Joined February 2011
United States142 Posts
June 03 2011 19:20 GMT
#409
Win:
Sheth: excellent player and really nice guy. easy to root for someone that participates in things like TL attack and random team games on itmeJP's stream.

July: Koreans aren't better, but July is.

TEAM LIQUID PLAYERS!!!: they have had a rough couple of months and need to come out of the slump. they are good players and i know they will get going eventually, but better sooner than later. plus, if tyler quits i will actually cry, and TLO, good luck overcoming CT, i hope you still play well.
"I could probably live in trees" - LiquidJinro
Atila
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Cuba122 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-03 19:20:58
June 03 2011 19:20 GMT
#410
you guys need to lay off Cruncher, honestly
his games vs Idra were played smart, Idra just exaggerates and his endless diehard fanbois just copy what he says without understanding it

to win:
MMA - great, great player, performance in teamleagues is amazing
Losira - see above, as a zerg his play has defined many staple builds and the switch from P>Z to Z>P
Idra - well rounded zerg, his bm makes games so entertaining

to lose:
+ Show Spoiler +
MC
- skill is tremendously exaggerated, and I despise him, really because this one time on Xnc Obs this silver leaguer beat me because I did a cutesy build, and went on to talk shit saying that "mc is the best in the world" and gave me insight on his play which was shit
ThorZain - (dont flame me) Strong player, want to see him fail for some reason, idk
Naniwa - Strong player, want to see him fail because he's still bm
Kiwikaki - questionable how he's gotten so far in tourneys
team ROOT - questionable how they've been so successful
Destiny - like IdrA, without the skill. has made mistakes no progamer should make (spire off creep lolololol). still, stream entertaining

I havent been following MLG and who's attending but:
If they are attending, I'd like Ret and Haypro to do well and truly showoff their skill

To avoid hate:
I like team ROOT to some degree, players are fair and I admire how their competing
HOWEVER, imho they'r skill is horribly exaggerated,
Unhallowed
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada171 Posts
June 03 2011 19:33 GMT
#411
[B]
To fail:
1. Destiny - Cannot stand this guy. Way overrated. And after hearing how immature he is last night on SotG talk about caster etiquette, he needs to be taken out early.


I actually feel that Destiny was the only one to approach the 'issue' with any objective logic/reasoning.
What is evil but good tortured by it's own hunger and thirst?
Wherewolf
Profile Joined December 2010
United States353 Posts
June 03 2011 19:36 GMT
#412
On June 04 2011 04:20 Atila wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
MC
- skill is tremendously exaggerated, and I despise him, really because this one time on Xnc Obs this silver leaguer beat me because I did a cutesy build, and went on to talk shit saying that "mc is the best in the world" and gave me insight on his play which was shit

You hate a player because one of his fans annoyed you?
Uh..
Alver
Profile Joined November 2010
United States177 Posts
June 03 2011 19:57 GMT
#413
reading the lists of people who are disliked is interesting but i really dont want anyone to fail for any reason except they didint practise enough and i hope the top16 is really the best players who worked hardest to get there and not a product of previous seeds and 50% ratios.
godemperor
Profile Joined October 2010
Belgium2043 Posts
June 03 2011 20:01 GMT
#414
I think TLO will not do as well as people hopes for, he revealed on his fanclub that his CTS just got worse.
Halcyondaze
Profile Joined January 2011
United States509 Posts
June 03 2011 20:03 GMT
#415
They should have Gretorp and Select change places in group.
Idra, Select, MC, and Tyler should not be in the same group, that is ridiculous.
valaki
Profile Joined June 2009
Hungary2476 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-03 20:05:20
June 03 2011 20:04 GMT
#416
Win: Idra, MMA, edit: Ret
Lose : Tyler, Naniwa, Thorzain
ggaemo fan
HereBeDragons
Profile Joined May 2011
1429 Posts
June 03 2011 20:05 GMT
#417
Right now, the hopes that we have are:

Lag, Disconnect, and Eagles!
forgottendreams
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1771 Posts
June 03 2011 20:09 GMT
#418
Who I want to win;

IdrA, DeMusliM, ThorzaiN

Who I want to lose; Tyler, nani, MC

Who I know will lose no matter what ; IdrA, DeMusliM (he looks like half the player he used to be after coming back), MC, Nani
Olinim
Profile Joined March 2011
4044 Posts
June 03 2011 20:11 GMT
#419
On June 04 2011 05:09 forgottendreams wrote:
Who I want to win;

IdrA, DeMusliM, ThorzaiN

Who I want to lose; Tyler, nani, MC

Who I know will lose no matter what ; IdrA, DeMusliM (he looks like half the player he used to be after coming back), MC, Nani

Mc lose no matter what? What? lol
Olinim
Profile Joined March 2011
4044 Posts
June 03 2011 20:12 GMT
#420
Win: MC Tyler Sheth

Lose: Idra thorzain naniwa
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 909
ggaemo 436
Stork 311
Leta 219
Larva 145
PianO 103
Hyuk 27
ZergMaN 26
Bale 19
yabsab 19
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm179
League of Legends
JimRising 432
Reynor93
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King165
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor783
Other Games
summit1g10364
C9.Mang0256
Sick173
PiGStarcraft138
ArmadaUGS52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick611
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream154
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2293
League of Legends
• Lourlo1296
• Stunt542
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
2h 30m
Online Event
3h 30m
FEL
8h 30m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 30m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 30m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
INu's Battles
1d 4h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.