• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:34
CEST 08:34
KST 15:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8748 users

MLG Columbus Three hopes to win and three to fail

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 20 21 22 Next All
neo_sporin
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States516 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-03 18:07:55
June 01 2011 19:31 GMT
#1
EDIT: I want to thank all the responses so far and the fact that there has not been a flame war. Obviously it could have gone that way quickly yet the biggest argument thus far has been about MC who won't even be at MLG (this has since changed), so I appreciate that you guys have kept it flame free! Kudos to you. I understand with the way the internet goes why there are so many replies of "close the thread its a flame war waiting to happen" to preemptively avoid flaming, but if threads are preemptively shut down that isn't helping anyone. I understand and agree if one starts that a mod should and will shut this down immediately and I appreciate that it hasn't been...yet. Most of you have the right idea that if you fear listing players that are on your bottom three for any reason, then don't list them!


I wanted to hear some responses to who people HOPE to win and who you HOPE to fail at Columbus this weekend. Note--There is a difference between expecting and hoping. We expect the koreans to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but I don't know that many of us are hoping that happens.

Also note: To win doesn't necessarily mean the entire thing. Making it to the championship bracket is a win in most players books

For me:
To win!
Destiny--Before Dallas on SOTG the pillars basically said hes good but not great and won't do well, he doesn't take practice very seriously, etc. Well he has now qualified for IPL2 (something Tyler failed to do) and I hope this gives him some confidence to tear up the open bracket. Hopefully this time he doesn't let any spires die from being off of creep...

Tyler--This guy needs a win. Rumors of him quitting (which he denied on SOTG), and I dont want him to. Mostly because it would be bad for esports if he did, but either way. I want him to do well enough to reinvigorate his play and stop himself from feeling like he isn't performing to his own standards

Catz-- I split him away from destiny to make it look like im not Root or zerg biased...but I am. He took a game off MC which means he can at least make a good showing against the best in the world and hes generally just a nice and funny guy.

To fail!
Gretorp--Dear god, the guy has the 16th seed for Dallas because 2 people decide not so show and then he goes something like 2-5 (by all means correct me, but I'm pretty confident it was a very losing record) and gets 16th seed again. Someone please just knock him out of the pool play already. I don't mind him as a person so much, but just based on results and continued "success" in MLG it makes me sad that the system works in a way where someone can have pretty bad results, but still get seeded.

Major--Anyone who thinks they deserve to get paid based on non-existent results deserves to get a swift kick in the teeth. Couple that with the rumored/theorized hacking and consistent team jumping...While I would never hope bad things on Artosis, I want his first recruitment to end in a very early exit from Columbus.

1-2 Koreans--Everyone knows they are extremely good but I wouldn't mind watching a few of them get destroyed if for nothing more than to give a bit more confidence to the west. Even after the WC Team portion almost every western tournament is still a tournament without koreans, and therefore tier 2. Heres to hoping a few are put in their place this weekend. The only problem I see with this is if they do get destroyed everyone will just say " well MC, Nestea, MVP, and MKP weren't there so its not like you beat the best" but at least players like bomber, MMA, losira are considered among the top and can't forget the super secret unannounced but still known + Show Spoiler +
July
who is sure to tear apart the open bracket.
Serpico
Profile Joined May 2010
4285 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-01 19:33:38
June 01 2011 19:33 GMT
#2
On June 02 2011 04:31 neo_sporin wrote:
I wanted to hear some responses to who people HOPE to win and who you HOPE to fail at Columbus this weekend. Note--There is a difference between expecting and hoping. We expect the koreans to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but I don't know that many of us are hoping that happens.

Also note: To win doesn't necessarily mean the entire thing. Making it to the championship bracket is a win in most players books

For me:
To win!
Destiny--Before Dallas on SOTG the pillars basically said hes good but not great and won't do well, he doesn't take practice very seriouslt, etc. Well he has now qualified for IPL2 (something Tyler failed to do) and I hope this gives him some confidence to tear up the open bracket. Hopefully this time he doesn't let any spires die from being off of creep...

Tyler--This guy needs a win. Rumors of him quitting (which he denied on SOTG), and I dont want him to. Mostly because it would be bad for esports if he did, but either way. I want him to do well enough to reinvigorate his play and stop himself from feeling like he isn't performing to his own standards

Catz-- I split him away from destiny to make it look like im not Root or zerg biased...but I am. He took a game off MC which means he can at least make a good showing against the best in the world and hes generally just a nice and funny guy.

To fail!
Gretorp--Dear god, the guy has the 16th seed for Dallas because 2 people decide not so show and then he goes something like 2-5 (by all means correct me, but I'm pretty confident it was a very losing record) and gets 16th seed again. Someone please just knock him out of the pool play already. I don't mind him as a person so much, but just based on results and continued "success" in MLG it makes me sad that the system works in a way where someone can have pretty bad results, but still get seeded.

Major--Anyone who thinks they deserve to get paid based on non-existent results deserves to get a swift kick in the teeth. Couple that with the rumored/theorized hacking and consistent team jumping...While I would never hope bad things on Artosis, I want his first recruitment to end in a very early exit from Columbus.

1-2 Koreans--Everyone knows they are extremely good but I wouldn't mind watching a few of them get destroyed if for nothing more than to give a bit more confidence to the west. Even after the WC Team portion almost every western tournament is still a tournament without koreans, and therefore tier 2. Heres to hoping a few are put in their place this weekend. The only problem I see with this is if they do get destroyed everyone will just say " well MC, Nestea, MVP, and MKP weren't there so its not like you beat the best" but at least players like bomber, MMA, losira are considered among the top and can't forget the super secret unannounced but still known + Show Spoiler +
July
who is sure to tear apart the open bracket.



You don't find and grow new talent by not paying and accommodating it. Big time sports pay rookies very well if they have a lot of potential. If you see the same in a player SC 2 should be no different. Don't blame him for wanting some kind of financial support.
StimiLant
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States534 Posts
June 01 2011 19:35 GMT
#3
People to succeed:all the team liquid players that will be there, Root gaming, and Dignitas.

People to fail epically:Only Moon, and Losira(mma, bomber, and the CSN hopeful can do well i hope...)
ScaSully
Profile Joined April 2011
United States488 Posts
June 01 2011 19:35 GMT
#4
to win: Mr.bitter idrA and catZ(in that order mr.bitter being first place)
to fail: Cruncher any terran and any toss besides cruncher
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
apm66
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada943 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-03 14:57:44
June 01 2011 19:35 GMT
#5
"everyone will just say " well MC, Nestea, MVP, and MKP weren't there so its not like you beat the best""

I beg to differ! Did you even watch TSL3?

Thorzain 2-0 Fruitdealer
Adelscott 2-0 MVP
Thorzain 3-0 MC MOD EDIT: It was 3-2
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Crawler
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Estonia248 Posts
June 01 2011 19:36 GMT
#6
To win:
Demuslim, major, thorzain

To lose:
Catz, Destiny, Tyler
dcemuser
Profile Joined August 2010
United States3248 Posts
June 01 2011 19:37 GMT
#7
Having a hope to fail section is just asking for trouble.

What is the point in a thread like that? If I say I hope Destiny, Idra, and Bomber don't win a single game, the thread will turn to shit in a matter of seconds.
p4NDemik
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States13896 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-01 19:39:16
June 01 2011 19:38 GMT
#8
On June 02 2011 04:33 Serpico wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 02 2011 04:31 neo_sporin wrote:
I wanted to hear some responses to who people HOPE to win and who you HOPE to fail at Columbus this weekend. Note--There is a difference between expecting and hoping. We expect the koreans to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but I don't know that many of us are hoping that happens.

Also note: To win doesn't necessarily mean the entire thing. Making it to the championship bracket is a win in most players books

For me:
To win!
Destiny--Before Dallas on SOTG the pillars basically said hes good but not great and won't do well, he doesn't take practice very seriouslt, etc. Well he has now qualified for IPL2 (something Tyler failed to do) and I hope this gives him some confidence to tear up the open bracket. Hopefully this time he doesn't let any spires die from being off of creep...

Tyler--This guy needs a win. Rumors of him quitting (which he denied on SOTG), and I dont want him to. Mostly because it would be bad for esports if he did, but either way. I want him to do well enough to reinvigorate his play and stop himself from feeling like he isn't performing to his own standards

Catz-- I split him away from destiny to make it look like im not Root or zerg biased...but I am. He took a game off MC which means he can at least make a good showing against the best in the world and hes generally just a nice and funny guy.

To fail!
Gretorp--Dear god, the guy has the 16th seed for Dallas because 2 people decide not so show and then he goes something like 2-5 (by all means correct me, but I'm pretty confident it was a very losing record) and gets 16th seed again. Someone please just knock him out of the pool play already. I don't mind him as a person so much, but just based on results and continued "success" in MLG it makes me sad that the system works in a way where someone can have pretty bad results, but still get seeded.

Major--Anyone who thinks they deserve to get paid based on non-existent results deserves to get a swift kick in the teeth. Couple that with the rumored/theorized hacking and consistent team jumping...While I would never hope bad things on Artosis, I want his first recruitment to end in a very early exit from Columbus.

1-2 Koreans--Everyone knows they are extremely good but I wouldn't mind watching a few of them get destroyed if for nothing more than to give a bit more confidence to the west. Even after the WC Team portion almost every western tournament is still a tournament without koreans, and therefore tier 2. Heres to hoping a few are put in their place this weekend. The only problem I see with this is if they do get destroyed everyone will just say " well MC, Nestea, MVP, and MKP weren't there so its not like you beat the best" but at least players like bomber, MMA, losira are considered among the top and can't forget the super secret unannounced but still known + Show Spoiler +
July
who is sure to tear apart the open bracket.

You don't find and grow new talent by not paying and accommodating it. Big time sports pay rookies very well if they have a lot of potential. If you see the same in a player SC 2 should be no different. Don't blame him for wanting some kind of financial support.

That's fine Serpio but I believe the problem neo_sporin has with Gosi[Terran] isn't with him getting/wanting more sponsorship money but the way he publicly attacked former teams because he felt he deserved more after understanding terms full well just weeks before.
Moderator
pig-dude
Profile Joined March 2011
United States170 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-01 19:40:31
June 01 2011 19:39 GMT
#9
I'd love to see Gretorp do well because, as indicated by OP, he's an underdog. He is a high master on KR and I have been very impressed by his play on stream. If nerves don't get the better, I think he will surprise some people.

As for Major, while I have my own reasons for not rooting for him, your justification being that he has yet to win anything seems very mean-spirited to me.
AgentSmith
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada91 Posts
June 01 2011 19:40 GMT
#10
On June 02 2011 04:35 apm66 wrote:
"everyone will just say " well MC, Nestea, MVP, and MKP weren't there so its not like you beat the best""

I beg to differ! Did you even watch TSL3?

Thorzain 2-0 Fruitdealer
Adelscott 2-0 MVP
Thorzain 3-0 MC

Have you heard of a factor called latency?
at Copenhagen games LAN MC 4-0ed Kas
I'm a total noob!
Kangg
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States128 Posts
June 01 2011 19:40 GMT
#11
On June 02 2011 04:35 apm66 wrote:
"everyone will just say " well MC, Nestea, MVP, and MKP weren't there so its not like you beat the best""

I beg to differ! Did you even watch TSL3?

Thorzain 2-0 Fruitdealer
Adelscott 2-0 MVP
Thorzain 3-0 MC


Do not think MC got 3-0ed, please dont make false statements.
GreEny K
Profile Joined February 2008
Germany7312 Posts
June 01 2011 19:41 GMT
#12
Win:
SeleCT, Moon, MC, NaNiwa (if he's there)
Lose:
Idra, Major, Gretorp, Incontrol,
Why would you ever choose failure, when success is an option.
Kralic
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada2628 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-01 21:28:20
June 01 2011 19:42 GMT
#13
I want everyone's favourite player to win and I want everyone's least favourite player to lose.

I would like to see Haypro come out and wreck everyone to build his confidence like Jinro did, that would make for another magical MLG moment! He doesn't have to win, just place decently, it could be a nudge that gets him on his BW form.
Brood War forever!
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
June 01 2011 19:42 GMT
#14
I hope idra, murder and someone completely unknown win

i dont hope anyone loses but I do dislike seeing underserving people in the top 16
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
Baarn
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2702 Posts
June 01 2011 19:43 GMT
#15
I think the better player should win and the ones that don't play good to come in second and third. I also don't see the point in thinly vieled shit talking threads.
There's no S in KT. :P
Wren
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States745 Posts
June 01 2011 19:43 GMT
#16
To win:
LosirA ('cause he's amazing)
Tyler ('cause his moping needs to go away)
Sheth ('cause he's awesome)

Lose:
Gretorp (his long-winded, oft-incorrect commentary annoys me)
SixJax (don't like the mercenary feel of the team)
The other Koreans (or the foreign scene loses all credibility)
We're here! We're queer! We don't want any more bears!
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
June 01 2011 19:43 GMT
#17
to win:
bomber
What is there to say? bomber is an absolutely amazing terran. Won GSL code A over MVP, plays very well

MMA
amazing terran, I guess called "the legend killer" He has very solid play and I don't see many foreigners being able to compete with him.

Idra
Absolutely amazing player, 2nd best zerg in the world in my opinion (first being nestea) He's been playing so well latley, I really don't see many of the MLG players being able to beat him.

to lose:
destiny. He is a player with very much hype about him from his fans and teamamtes, but really has he shown any results? I'm very certain he won't even make it half way thru the open bracket.
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
Benjef
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United Kingdom6921 Posts
June 01 2011 19:43 GMT
#18
This thread will just produce flame wars as people protect there favourites and trash on people they don't like.

Ill just say who im rooting for . - Haypro (I want to see some results as everyone in the pro scene speaks very highly of him). DeMuslim (Hes British :D). MorroW (I'm a fanboy). Dignitas team (I love SelecT, Sjow and Naniwa, also there a British organisation :D).
<3 | Dota 2 | DayZ | <3
Vardant
Profile Joined November 2010
Czech Republic620 Posts
June 01 2011 19:45 GMT
#19
On June 02 2011 04:35 apm66 wrote:Thorzain 3-0 MC

WTF?

How exactly were you watching TSL?
PhiliBiRD
Profile Joined November 2009
United States2643 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-01 19:46:37
June 01 2011 19:46 GMT
#20
On June 02 2011 04:43 Benjef wrote:
This thread will just produce flame wars as people protect there favourites and trash on people they don't like.


yea i agree!
why would you say who you want to faiL? thats just immature imo.

i hope demuslim wins.
1 2 3 4 5 20 21 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft749
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 577
ggaemo 396
Stork 333
Leta 266
PianO 76
ZergMaN 29
Hyuk 28
yabsab 17
Bale 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm158
League of Legends
JimRising 245
Reynor57
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King202
Westballz50
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor679
Other Games
summit1g9953
C9.Mang0284
PiGStarcraft171
Sick162
ArmadaUGS65
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick595
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream129
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 12
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2286
League of Legends
• Lourlo1395
• Stunt556
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
3h 27m
Online Event
4h 27m
FEL
9h 27m
AI Arena Tournament
10h 27m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
12h 27m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.