• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:26
CEST 15:26
KST 22:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7204 users

NASL schedule change - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
baeric
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany649 Posts
April 15 2011 00:32 GMT
#61
The whole NASL system drives into something really crazy... just my opinion
masterbreti
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Korea (South)2711 Posts
April 15 2011 00:33 GMT
#62
white-ra needs to have the same happen to him. since giving him an auto lose then going ahead and giving someone who didn't have a reak reason to not play a 0-0,

doesn't make sense to me as naniwa went and laddered, white-ra had dreamhack the same time as the match.
Project Psycho
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom329 Posts
April 15 2011 00:33 GMT
#63
So why didnt they postpone the White-ra/July game? everyone knew in advance that if he made the finals of dreamhack it would conflict with his NASL game, so why wasn't that decision anticipated beforehand? The rule says that if there schedule conflicts with a major LAN event they can postpone the match until the next day, which am pretty sure white-ra would have agreed on.
Bobster
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany3075 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-15 00:37:52
April 15 2011 00:34 GMT
#64
On April 15 2011 09:31 iNcontroL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 09:28 Bobster wrote:
And yes, the MLG weekend could turn out to be a total clusterfuck, I hope there are some contingency plans set up.

Players possibly affected by MLG Columbus conflicts (MLG participants playing on Thursday - Saturday):
Axslav
Slush
Naniwa
HayprO
dde
KawaiiRice
CatZ
Ret
Stalife
Machine
Drewbie
IdrA
Socke
Tyler
PainUser

uh oh


WHERE IS MEEEEEEEEEEE?
I'd never forget you. <3

You're scheduled to play on Wednesday, that shouldn't be a problem. Or are you leaving that early for Columbus?
LynxKerr
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada173 Posts
April 15 2011 00:37 GMT
#65
Ya the production is first rate for e-sports, but this format is proving to be shaky. I suppose this is just it's infancy, however. Regardless, NaNiwa is one of the best couple players in this tournament, it'd be a shame if somehow this has an impact at a later juncture.
Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'
Hrrrrm
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2081 Posts
April 15 2011 00:37 GMT
#66
They need to suck it up and just cast from replays. TSL can do it with minor issues, NASL should also be able to. The cast isn't "Live" to the viewers already, it wouldn't matter to the overwhelming amount of people if it was cast from replays. They now went from 24 hour delay to 48 hour delay. There are no different levels of "Live", you're either "Live" or your not.

Have players play all their matches the week before and then just sit down and cast replays nonstop. No needing to juggle your casting schedule with players schedule all over the world. The stress will drop dramatically and you'll have all that extra time to focus on production and getting the VOD's out on time.

This is not me being a debbie downer but, being realistic. People brought up these concerns in all the threads leading up to the NASL. NASL right now is jumping through IMMENSE hoops for very LITTLE benefit. NASL created a "Live" rigid schedule for no "Live" audience only their casters. All the drawbacks with none of the positives. Makes no sense.
alot = a lot (TWO WORDS)
setzer
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3284 Posts
April 15 2011 00:38 GMT
#67
On April 15 2011 09:18 SinCitta wrote:
Uhm, am I the only one that does not get it?

So Naniwa does not gain negative points. Is there a policy for that? Because it seems very arbitrary. If so, will the same happen to White-Ra retroactively? As far as I know White-Ra had better reasons for his absence.

Additionally, which message did Naniwa not get? The one which said that the postponement was fine for Strelok? Why is laddering a reason for default-loss (or tie...)? Could be part of his "rest" as laddering is nothing serious and you can relax while doing it. Kinda strange that Dignitas manager had no objections on awarding the game to Strelok.


I'll have to echo this statement. White-ra had legitimate reasons for not being able to play his game but for Nani, there really is no excuse. Being "tired" is not valid enough reason to blow off your games vs. Strelok. I'm tired before work but I still go; same with everyone.

I'm quite curious to see how the 0-0 will affect things in the case of a tiebreaker. If Nani is 6-1 and Strelok is 6-2 does Strelok advance because he beat Nani? what if its another player?

It seems like NASL is complicating things even more. I personally felt the situation with Naniwa was very clear-cut: he didn't want to play his games and was awarded the loss. Why the backtracking and pandering? Management needs to be more firm with its disciplines ESPECIALLY since Naniwa has a history of these kind of behaviors.
Inky87
Profile Joined January 2011
United States533 Posts
April 15 2011 00:40 GMT
#68
I like that they don't cast from replays. It's cool to get the winner's reaction in the interview right after the games. I also don't understand how players can't adjust their schedules around finding a PC cafe or something to play their games.
gumb3rcul3s
Profile Joined April 2011
United States4 Posts
April 15 2011 00:41 GMT
#69
So I asked in the NASL chat on JTV why they don't just bite the bullet and start to cast from replays. I mean they're already delaying the games by 2 days so I don't know how anyone can still feel there is a semblance of these being live. Casting from replays can still give rise to the emotions people like about live casting as the TSL and other tournaments have shown. There is also the benefit of allowing more leeway with respect to player schedules and making casting the games in a block easier for the casters.

The response to I got from mods in the JTV chat was saying casting from replays would cause sync issues like the kind they had in the Clash of the Titans. Then I asked why TSL was able to do it fine. My message was then promptly deleted and I was banned so... ><. Of course casting from replays would upset some people but I don't see how the viewer experience would be different than how it is now. On the other hand it would seem that it would be a benefit to both players and the nasl in terms of easier production.
Inky87
Profile Joined January 2011
United States533 Posts
April 15 2011 00:45 GMT
#70
On April 15 2011 09:41 gumb3rcul3s wrote:
So I asked in the NASL chat on JTV why they don't just bite the bullet and start to cast from replays. I mean they're already delaying the games by 2 days so I don't know how anyone can still feel there is a semblance of these being live. Casting from replays can still give rise to the emotions people like about live casting as the TSL and other tournaments have shown. There is also the benefit of allowing more leeway with respect to player schedules and making casting the games in a block easier for the casters.

The response to I got from mods in the JTV chat was saying casting from replays would cause sync issues like the kind they had in the Clash of the Titans. Then I asked why TSL was able to do it fine. My message was then promptly deleted and I was banned so... ><. Of course casting from replays would upset some people but I don't see how the viewer experience would be different than how it is now. On the other hand it would seem that it would be a benefit to both players and the nasl in terms of easier production.


Well you may not know it, but there have been some sync issues I've noticed. The casters prepare for it but you can tell when one of the casters is off by a few seconds.
nvs.
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada3609 Posts
April 15 2011 00:45 GMT
#71
So what does this mean for White-ra? He seems to have missed the rule change by like 2 days.
Deleted User 85440
Profile Joined July 2010
10 Posts
April 15 2011 00:46 GMT
#72
What about WhiteRa? He should also get 0-0. If the decision has been already made, then make Naniwa pay. He just simply acted like asshole and you are going to forgive him his attitude?
I'm surrounded by idiots.
SpectralFremen
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia386 Posts
April 15 2011 00:46 GMT
#73
I don't understand why they change the rules for one player but not another player?
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere"
bibbaly
Profile Joined October 2010
98 Posts
April 15 2011 00:47 GMT
#74
On April 15 2011 09:45 Inky87 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 09:41 gumb3rcul3s wrote:
So I asked in the NASL chat on JTV why they don't just bite the bullet and start to cast from replays. I mean they're already delaying the games by 2 days so I don't know how anyone can still feel there is a semblance of these being live. Casting from replays can still give rise to the emotions people like about live casting as the TSL and other tournaments have shown. There is also the benefit of allowing more leeway with respect to player schedules and making casting the games in a block easier for the casters.

The response to I got from mods in the JTV chat was saying casting from replays would cause sync issues like the kind they had in the Clash of the Titans. Then I asked why TSL was able to do it fine. My message was then promptly deleted and I was banned so... ><. Of course casting from replays would upset some people but I don't see how the viewer experience would be different than how it is now. On the other hand it would seem that it would be a benefit to both players and the nasl in terms of easier production.


Well you may not know it, but there have been some sync issues I've noticed. The casters prepare for it but you can tell when one of the casters is off by a few seconds.


Yeah, forgot what day it was but when DJWheat was casting a game on Shakuras he was clearly behind by 7 or 8 seconds screaming about a dropship that had already died.
Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
April 15 2011 00:49 GMT
#75
Good changes.
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
starcraft911
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Korea (South)1263 Posts
April 15 2011 00:51 GMT
#76
Two totally avoidable blunders by NASL in 2 days.

By giving FREE points to strelok without taking points away from Naniwa is very unfair to the other players in the group.

You guys just added a blunder on a blunder. At least with july vs white-ra you had a zero sum result and the group wasn't hurt. Now you have naniwa ahead of at least 3 players in points without playing any games. That's pretty dumb. I'm a huge naniwa fan, but I'm amazed how you can't see this would cause a problem.
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
April 15 2011 00:53 GMT
#77
On April 15 2011 09:51 starcraft911 wrote:
You guys just added a blunder on a blunder. At least with july vs white-ra you had a zero sum result and the group wasn't hurt. Now you have naniwa ahead of at least 3 players in points without playing any games. That's pretty dumb. I'm a huge naniwa fan, but I'm amazed how you can't see this would cause a problem.


yes this is a good point
ShadowWolf
Profile Joined March 2010
United States197 Posts
April 15 2011 00:54 GMT
#78
On April 15 2011 09:47 bibbaly wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 09:45 Inky87 wrote:
On April 15 2011 09:41 gumb3rcul3s wrote:
So I asked in the NASL chat on JTV why they don't just bite the bullet and start to cast from replays. I mean they're already delaying the games by 2 days so I don't know how anyone can still feel there is a semblance of these being live. Casting from replays can still give rise to the emotions people like about live casting as the TSL and other tournaments have shown. There is also the benefit of allowing more leeway with respect to player schedules and making casting the games in a block easier for the casters.

The response to I got from mods in the JTV chat was saying casting from replays would cause sync issues like the kind they had in the Clash of the Titans. Then I asked why TSL was able to do it fine. My message was then promptly deleted and I was banned so... ><. Of course casting from replays would upset some people but I don't see how the viewer experience would be different than how it is now. On the other hand it would seem that it would be a benefit to both players and the nasl in terms of easier production.


Well you may not know it, but there have been some sync issues I've noticed. The casters prepare for it but you can tell when one of the casters is off by a few seconds.


Yeah, forgot what day it was but when DJWheat was casting a game on Shakuras he was clearly behind by 7 or 8 seconds screaming about a dropship that had already died.


Yeah, it's obvious they have some type of app that helps sync the replays because others have been enormously off with no real way to recover and the TSL is never off by more than a 5 - 10 seconds; however, they've still gotten off-sync by a few seconds here & there most days. Maybe the app is warning them and the casters don't notice it or something - I dunno.

Regardless, I think it's a sensible compromise at least for MLG weekend otherwise they're gonna have to shift their schedule by a ton or something; I dunno.

At the end of the day, it's awesome NASL is doing their best to make sure we get to see good games and the players aren't shafted out of $250 because leagues other than the NASL exist :-D
luke3920
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom182 Posts
April 15 2011 00:55 GMT
#79
I'm astounded that the NASL is treating a player who basically lied (Nanawi) on the same level as a player who is simply being punished for reaching the final of a big tournament (dreamhack)? Bite the bullet and award Whitera a 0-0 or Nanawi 0-2...
Not write me more about balance, or next time i kick you ass
sidesprang
Profile Joined January 2009
Norway1033 Posts
April 15 2011 00:55 GMT
#80
Seems to me like the best solution is to cast from replays. You don't need to cast every game from replay but the ones that are not able to be casted live could have been casted from replays instead.

We're allready down two really epic matches in three days. Im sure that the one day postponing will help but as tyler says it's not enough. And I think everyone agree replay or not, the most important thing is that the games get played.
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1016
RotterdaM536
TKL 212
SteadfastSC201
Rex114
CosmosSc2 27
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 536
ByuN 284
TKL 212
SteadfastSC 201
Rex 114
CosmosSc2 27
Codebar 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 38465
Shuttle 2406
Jaedong 1127
Horang2 873
Soulkey 490
Mini 391
EffOrt 361
Stork 347
Larva 272
Soma 234
[ Show more ]
actioN 224
BeSt 213
ZerO 206
Rush 187
Snow 181
Last 156
Mong 149
firebathero 133
Zeus 91
910 78
Free 75
Mind 74
Hyun 61
sorry 55
hero 47
PianO 47
Sharp 41
Yoon 40
JYJ 38
Shinee 36
Pusan 34
Shine 31
Hm[arnc] 30
Bale 30
Sexy 23
ToSsGirL 22
Aegong 21
HiyA 17
Terrorterran 12
scan(afreeca) 9
Sacsri 8
Noble 8
Rock 7
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4370
Dendi1325
canceldota71
Counter-Strike
fl0m1169
edward34
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King171
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes533
Lowko338
Other Games
gofns77620
singsing2320
olofmeister1027
B2W.Neo329
hiko306
DeMusliM223
Livibee176
Pyrionflax163
Liquid`VortiX104
QueenE61
Trikslyr58
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1376
Other Games
BasetradeTV192
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH140
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis1579
• Jankos1530
• TFBlade343
Other Games
• Shiphtur629
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 35m
The PondCast
20h 35m
INu's Battles
21h 35m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.